Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 09:15   #1666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

3D mats are better. Or even nomad from 3M.
I was quoted an exhorbitant Rs. 6000 for the nomads. Instead, went to JC road and got similar stuff cut and customized manually as the guy fits the mat acc to the shape of your car's floor. Total expensd: Rs. 1400. Mine is a new Fiesta.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 09:35   #1667
BNM
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Go for the 3M sticker. I would not suggest a repaint on a new car.
Bnm has a thread on Creata At and he has his Creta roof stickered. Read that thread for more details.

3D mats are better. Or even nomad from 3M.

In my experience, I would never recommend you to get any of these exterior jobs at the dealer. It's always shoddy and just another money making racket.

I don't even let them wash my cars when it goes in for routine service.
Agree with Arjun.

Go to Genous directly. Mr. Basawaraj is a gem of a guy and very reasonable. The quality of leather is also very different from what you saw at the dealer. Trust me. I have seen both and I know what I got.

3M sticker is better. You can get rid of it quite easily at a later date if you change your mind.

Perfectly fitting 3D mats are only available with the dealers and cost 7500 Rs. I will use what came as default and wait for 3 months. I am sure it will come down to 3K or less when it it becomes openly available.

Last edited by BNM : 19th August 2015 at 09:41.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 11:34   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
1. Stickering or painting roof black. Dealer recommends painting for 5k more than 3m stickering price. Any idea of painting makes sense? It seems a bit extreme compare to stickering.
Stickering is better IMO. One question for experts here- black absorbs heat, right? So, does blackening the roof adds to heat gain inside the cabin? I think, black roof enhance the look of Creta by a good measure.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 14:12   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Stickering is better IMO. One question for experts here- black absorbs heat, right? So, does blackening the roof adds to heat gain inside the cabin? I think, black roof enhance the look of Creta by a good measure.
Yes.

Bright colours reflect more of the heat incident on it, dark colours reflect less. Black reflects least. Texture also comes into play: glossy reflects more than matt.

For same amount of incident heat, less reflection means more absorbed by the material. So the car roof material will be hotter in a black roof than on a white roof.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 16:15   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Yes.

Bright colours reflect more of the heat incident on it, dark colours reflect less. Black reflects least. Texture also comes into play: glossy reflects more than matt.

For same amount of incident heat, less reflection means more absorbed by the material. So the car roof material will be hotter in a black roof than on a white roof.

Also do remember more heat means more power requirement to cool the same area increasing the load on the engine reducing fuel economy. This may not be immediately noticeable but over a matter of time the fuel costs will add up. However if the look is really appealing nothing else matters.
Old 19th August 2015, 20:35   #1671
BHPian

I recently TDed the Creta SX(O) and as an existing Elite i20 Asta owner, couldn't help it compare from that perspective. The Creta looks almost like a stretched i20 from the inside (save for the dashboard design). Same instrument panel, Steering wheel, stalks, central console and front seats. I suddenly felt like a wise man having bought virtually the same car for far less. In fact it has the same limited MID with no DTE, Average Fuel consumption etc. Seating too has the similar dynamics fitting same number of occupants.

Only advantages over the i20: Boot space and a bit higher GC. Between the two, i20 is a looker IMO.

My 2 cents: no point getting ripped by Hyundai paying 17 big ones for this.

Disclaimer: This is strictly my personal opinion based on my i20 ownership experience. No intention to undermine or hurt Creta owners.
vinayrathore is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 22:05   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Agree with Arjun.

Go to Genous directly. Mr. Basawaraj is a gem of a guy and very reasonable. The quality of leather is also very different from what you saw at the dealer. Trust me. I have seen both and I know what I got.

3M sticker is better. You can get rid of it quite easily at a later date if you change your mind.

Perfectly fitting 3D mats are only available with the dealers and cost 7500 Rs. I will use what came as default and wait for 3 months. I am sure it will come down to 3K or less when it it becomes openly available.
Many thanks to everyone who replied to my queries. I will refrain from getting anything done at the dealer and use stickering instead of painting. I am getting quotes from Karlsson for leather seats and will talk to Genous as well. I have been following BNM's thread religiously .

The dealer also offered me a 4th year warranty for Rs. 27K - He said I can opt for this until 2 months from delivery, post which the price would increase for extended warranty. Has anyone bought this ?
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 00:01   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
The dealer also offered me a 4th year warranty for Rs. 27K - He said I can opt for this until 2 months from delivery, post which the price would increase for extended warranty. Has anyone bought this ?
I remember my dealer quoting 18k for the same (1.6 sx). He too had put the 2 month condition and said they wont offer it after 2 months.
Old 20th August 2015, 09:56   #1674
BHPian

Any creta users share vinayrathore's views above?
Old 20th August 2015, 11:04   #1675

We are talking about dealers ripping off customers, what about Hyundai? When I bought my I-20 back in 2010, I was surprised to see better versions being introduced shortly after. They had more features for the same price :-)

Hyundai's funda is really simple, don't know if this is followed by other manufacturers as well:

Creat-a hype (mania in this case)= Maximum bookings
Sales begin to slow after a few months= Offer more features in the same variants

This is why there are no airbags even for a 10 lakh car.

So we as consumers pay high for the euphoria, which is why it is strongly advised that we, as human mediate and get control of our emotions and be calm
Old 20th August 2015, 11:23   #1676
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Disclaimer: This is strictly my personal opinion based on my i20 ownership experience. No intention to undermine or hurt Creta owners.
I mean absolutely no offence, either to you or to anyone who has similar opinions on not only Creta, but other vehicles from other manufacturers as well. Read on for more.

A few Ritz owners may feel pretty much the same about Ertiga, a few owners of the upcoming YRA / Fronx may feel the same about S-Cross, a few Brio owners may have similar opinions about the Mobilio, a few 1-series owners may feel the same about X1, and so on.

The list happens to be much longer internationally - a few Jazz owners may feel the same about Vezel / HR-V, a few Civic hatch owners may feel the same about CR-V, a few Sandero owners may feel the same about Duster, a few Golf owners may feel the same about Tiguan, a few A3 hatch owners may feel the same about Q3, and the list goes on & on & on.

In fact, with many manufacturers rapidly moving towards modular platforms (basically a single, supremely versatile platform with different dimensional and positional attributes), this list is bound to get quite funny in the future. A few Renault Kwid owners may feel the same about the next-gen. Duster, Captur, Kadjar etc. A few Datsun Redi-Go owners may feel the same about Nissan X-Trail, Qashqai etc. A few Volkswagen Up! owners may feel the same about Golf etc. Basically, the list would be endless and rather rib-tickling at times.

I'm 100% sure a next generation Volkswagen Polo owner is going to articulate a very similar opinion about a Volkswagen Passat, or a next generation Liva owner is going to say something similar about a Corolla. Some other person is equally sure to mention it in the "quirky & funny logic" thread on Team-BHP.

Last edited by RSR : 20th August 2015 at 11:53.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 18:15   #1677
BHPian

Oh well ..Finally got my car!!

The delivery experience was super smooth, my sales manager was extremely friendly and had everything ready by the time we reached the showroom. We were in and out within 45 mins.

I think today was my lucky day, not only tyre upgrade too wrapped up within an hour, I got the profile that I was looking for as well.

All in all I am happy to finally get the car. I can now start with the next stage of mods.

Here are a few pics that I clicked through the day -
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_130406.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_131049.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_135128.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_140206.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_155218.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_155307.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_155312.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150820_155351.jpg  

Abhi99 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 18:50   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I mean absolutely no offence, either to you or to anyone who has similar opinions on not only Creta, but other vehicles from other manufacturers as well. Read on for more.

I'm 100% sure a next generation Volkswagen Polo owner is going to articulate a very similar opinion about a Volkswagen Passat, or a next generation Liva owner is going to say something similar about a Corolla. Some other person is equally sure to mention it in the "quirky & funny logic" thread on Team-BHP.
Sure buddy. I am absolutely with you on the logic you mentioned. Platform sharing across segments is surely understandable and is here to stay.

However, the crux of my post was the VFM factor of this car. If Creta's pricing is logical, then the entire logic of this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vel-above.html must be totally illogical. Am I being logical enough.

Jokes apart, the question is, is it really worth the 7 or 8 extra lacs over and above the Elite i20? My opinion was a big No and hence my post. Hope it makes sense.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 20th August 2015 at 18:58.
Old 20th August 2015, 19:21   #1679
BHPian

Took delivery of our Silver Blaze SX(O) yesterday, She is a joy to drive around. Thanks to the fantastic support from the staff at Trident Hyundai for making this a breezy and enjoyable buying experience.
This is our 5th car from Hyundai, till now it has been a great all round ownership experience. We still have our 13 Year old 1.6 GTX Accent Tornado which still drives like a cloud on wheels.

Coming to Creta, we had to replace our 12 year old Esteem and we did not look further than our trusted manufacturer. Knowing this is a long term vehicle for us this was a family favourite.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_20150819_14361601.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_20150820_18191901.jpeg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_20150820_18193701.jpg

Few Observations:

> Car during declutch has a tendency to run away.
> Slight Turbo lag in 2nd especially felt at inclines.
> Bridgestone tires feels a little hard and bouncy initially. Hoping this will improve.
> Map Screen super sensitive. Need to put a screen guard.

Treated the Chrome Boot Lip to mock Carbon fiber wrap.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_20150818_12550501.jpeg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_20150818_13182601.jpeg

Last edited by redrage : 20th August 2015 at 19:24.
redrage is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 21:34   #1680
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Oh well ..Finally got my car!!

The delivery experience was super smooth, my sales manager was extremely friendly and had everything ready by the time we reached the showroom. We were in and out within 45 mins.

I think today was my lucky day, not only tyre upgrade too wrapped up within an hour, I got the profile that I was looking for as well.

All in all I am happy to finally get the car. I can now start with the next stage of mods.

Here are a few pics that I clicked through the day -
Congrats Abhi ! Happy driving. Nice set of MOMO alloys. What did you with the Dash ? How did you get it all black ? Would be nice if you describe the Mods in detail !
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks