Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 22:01   #1681
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Firstly let me say something I wanted to say after I test drove the top of the line Manual 1.6 Diesel Creta.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This car is MARVELOUS.

Took her for a short test drive as that is all the showroom in Ghatkopar were giving. Let me concentrate on the drive.

Acceleration - MINDBLOWING, WHAT acceleration, very nice tall gear ratios and very brilliant rev happy engine. On a 250 meter stretch, in 2nd gear the car was at 80 and still room to brake. The engine is one of the best Hyundai one's I have ever driven. The NVH is fantastic, you will never realize you are doing 4000 rpm. Simply superb. The way power is shoved down on the road is feel to believe it kinds. Its like the older Swifts turbo kick, 2000 rpm and all hell breaks loose. People who love that feeling will drool over the characteristics of the engine.

Handling: I drive a Swift Diesel with 185 Michelins and this combination makes the car handle like its on rails, so my benchmark is always my Swift Diesel. The first test that the suspension of the Creta is sorted is a patch of bad road that came before the empty stretch, neither did she bounce around, neither did she feel uncomfortable, the suspension was perfect, firm and tuned for handling, just like how I would want it. On a clear stretch, I changed lanes, 3 at a time at 90 and it was a peace of cake. SUPERB SUPERB SUPERB I say.

Clutch and gearshifts: Very light and perfect. Although I have not driven the Automatic which is my choice with a 1.6 liter diesel, but the manual is fun too. The gear shifts slot perfectly and its a joy to use the gearbox.

Would I buy the Creta ? I would sell my house and buy one it's THAT AMAZING. None of the competition has any chance of survival.

A word of caution, don't test drive this car if you have no intention of buying it due to finances/just brought a duster etc etc, it will cause a heart burn of epic proportions at not being able to get one. I got home some hours back and I am already wondering 'How in the world can I make this mine ASAP' even when I know its beyond my budget.
humyum is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 22:07   #1682
BANNED

Any chance that they will launch a fully loaded AT?
Old 20th August 2015, 22:13   #1683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
A word of caution, don't test drive this car if you have no intention of buying it due to finances/just brought a duster etc etc, it will cause a heart burn of epic proportions at not being able to get one. I got home some hours back and I am already wondering 'How in the world can I make this mine ASAP' even when I know its beyond my budget.
I too TD a friend's SX O and I honestly think, Duster's suspension is more supple and handles bad roads better + it is more abuse friendly [I think so, going by what I have read online, not been compared anywhere but in isolation + AWD]

Car is nice, but it is car like to drive, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depends on you. Power is good, instrumentation, interiors are all nice, GB is very good, brakes are A+ and must I say, handles good. Car is good and will sell.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 22:13   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian

That carbon fibre wrapping makes the rear look so so much better especially against the white. Congrats!
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 22:28   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkydory View Post
This is why there are no airbags even for a 10 lakh car.

So we as consumers pay high for the euphoria, which is why it is strongly advised that we, as human mediate and get control of our emotions and be calm
I find Creta's price good if I were to compare it to Duster. Their RxL 85 doesn't have abs and air bags. Sadly RxL 110 doesn't get passenger air bag. They sell at 11.5 L & 13.7 L OTR. With such old fashioned interior it is sold at that price, Creta is well priced. However they could have given airbags as standard on lower variant than rear ac vent. But I guess they are just doing want people want, In general.

Last edited by sathya_g_m : 20th August 2015 at 22:31.
Old 20th August 2015, 23:21   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Took delivery of our Silver Blaze SX(O) yesterday.

Treated the Chrome Boot Lip to mock Carbon fiber wrap.
Congratulations redrage! Cheers A quick question - where did you get the mock Carbon fiber wrap done?
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 04:37   #1687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Took delivery of our Silver Blaze SX(O) yesterday, She is a joy to drive around. Thanks to the fantastic support from the staff at Trident Hyundai for making this a breezy and enjoyable buying experience.
This is our 5th car from Hyundai, till now it has been a great all round ownership experience. We still have our 13 Year old 1.6 GTX Accent Tornado which still drives like a cloud on wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
We are Family !
Couldnt Resist posting this one. I am sad that I have to part with the Verna.
Got the team BHP imprint on the Verna and Santro. for the i20 it is on the front door side.
Need to order for the Creta!
Couldn't resist posting this! Congrats guys.

The number of Hyundai cars you both have in your garage is just amazing. Shows the level of commitment Hyundai has shown to the Indian market, and it is really paying off.

I hope even I have just a brilliant experience with the Hyundai family, mine being one of the smaller members! No money for an upgrade, else Creta and S-Cross 1.6 would have been fighting it out.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 08:34   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Congrats Abhi ! Happy driving. Nice set of MOMO alloys. What did you with the Dash ? How did you get it all black ? Would be nice if you describe the Mods in detail !
Thanks for the wishes BNM.

Here are the list of mods that have gone in so far -

1. All interiors were painted black. The accessory package I bought from the dealer included changing the color of interiors, I was being recommended a dull share of maroon or diff share of beige but I liked black better.

2. I opted for leather package as well which included covering seats/ Gear knob/ Steering Wheel/ Hand Brake and door handles.

3. Side Step , could'nt avoid it, hopefully my mom would find it of some use.

4. Momo 17 Inch Alloys, still have the stock ones with me which I would eventually sell.

5. Tyres (offcourse) to 225/55/R17 Goodyears. Pirelli's were on offer too but at 19k a tyre - they were rather steep.

6. OEM Mats & Mud Flaps

Here is what I intend to do over the next 3-4 weeks -

1. Audio Upgrade
- Ordered a dash kit for after market HU
- Need to get couple of bulk packs of damping
- Order an Amp Board for my 3 amps
- Pods on the pillars ( for mid range and tweeters)

2. K&N ( probably)

3. HID's

4. 3D mats (Whenever they are available)
Abhi99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 08:34   #1689
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Oh well ..Finally got my car!!
Quote:
Took delivery of our Silver Blaze SX(O) yesterday, She is a joy to drive around.
Hearty congratulations, Abhi99 and redrage! Wish you guys a delightful ownership with many happy miles and smiles!

Quote:
This is our 5th car from Hyundai, till now it has been a great all round ownership experience. We still have our 13 Year old 1.6 GTX Accent Tornado which still drives like a cloud on wheels.
That's so nice to hear! The Accent Tornado 1.6 GTX and Accent Viva were two neatly differentiated variants in the Accent line-up, and the Accent itself was one of the two cars that laid a very strong foundation for the Hyundai brand in India (the other being Santro, of course). Happy to learn that your 13 year old 1.6 Tornado is still faithfully doing duty with your family.

I believe the Accent is still in production at Hyundai India, albeit in small volumes for a couple of export markets where the car continues to be on sale (due to its popularity there).

Quote:
This is exactly what I had in mind when I first saw that chrome lip above the number plate. Good to see that it has turned out so well!

Quote:
I can now start with the next stage of mods.
Your first stage of modifications looks cool. The black alloys on the white Creta look fab! Yes, we're waiting to hear how you transformed the beige to black, and what tyres you chose for the 17" Momos.

Edit: Just saw your reply to BNM above!

Last edited by RSR : 21st August 2015 at 08:54.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 09:18   #1690
BHPian

Quote:

I think today was my lucky day, not only tyre upgrade too wrapped up within an hour, I got the profile that I was looking for as well.

Here are a few pics that I clicked through the day -
Congrats !!. Many happy miles ahead.

The Black dashboard just looks awesome . In fact one of my first impressions after seeing the Creta interior was, why cant they give all black dashboard like in IX 25. Thanks for sharing.

Is it a standard dealer mod or from outside because the dealer in Chandigarh is unaware of this kit.

Last edited by nkghai : 21st August 2015 at 09:19.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 09:34   #1691
j76
BHPian

Quote:
The roof rails and the side view mirrors with the same wrap, I think would wrap things up nicely .
Old 21st August 2015, 11:43   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Congrats !!. Many happy miles ahead.

The Black dashboard just looks awesome . In fact one of my first impressions after seeing the Creta interior was, why cant they give all black dashboard like in IX 25. Thanks for sharing.

Is it a standard dealer mod or from outside because the dealer in Chandigarh is unaware of this kit.
Thank you for your wishes.

This particular dealer i went to, had couple of cars done up in different colour interiors. He says its the same paint he uses that Hyundai use to paint the dash. Since the done up cars came out quite good, i decided to put my money down and get it all black.

Probably a garage with the repute for paitaing may be able to help you at Chandigarh.
Abhi99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 12:03   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The delivery experience was super smooth, my sales manager was extremely friendly and had everything ready by the time we reached the showroom. We were in and out within 45 mins.

I think today was my lucky day, not only tyre upgrade too wrapped up within an hour, I got the profile that I was looking for as well.

All in all I am happy to finally get the car. I can now start with the next stage of mods.

Here are a few pics that I clicked through the day -
OH my days, those black alloys look HAWT on the Creta, the side steps not so much. Can't you lose them and make aunty climb with a temporary step kind of something you always keep in the car ?

If you don't mind, how much did the Momos + Tyres cost individually ? How much you got for the old tyres back ?

Any reason you did not keep the stock tyre size and profile of 215-65-R17 ? Did you ask if there will be warranty issues?

And what is the Offset/PCD of stock Creta 17 inch alloys ?

Before I forgot, you got those alloys dynamically balanced right ? Weight on both sides ?

Last edited by humyum : 21st August 2015 at 12:04.
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 12:22   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
If you don't mind, how much did the Momos + Tyres cost individually ? How much you got for the old tyres back ?

Any reason you did not keep the stock tyre size and profile of 215-65-R17 ? Did you ask if there will be warranty issues?

And what is the Offset/PCD of stock Creta 17 inch alloys ?

Before I forgot, you got those alloys dynamically balanced right ? Weight on both sides ?
Thank you bud.

I got the alloys for 10.5 k per wheel and tyres for about 12.5 each. I was able to sell stock tyres for about 5k each.

Stock tyres were 205/65R16 while top model comes with 215/60R17. If you take 16" as base, the 17" ones are about 2.5% over the stock size (being sold by Hyundai). With 225/55R17 the variation from stock wheel is .95% and hence i went with it.

The pcd was 114.3 and yes they were dynamically balanced before putting them on.

I am not sure of the offset value though.
Abhi99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 13:04   #1695
BANNED

Quote:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This car is MARVELOUS.

Acceleration - MINDBLOWING...

Handling: ...SUPERB SUPERB SUPERB I say.

...I would sell my house and buy one it's THAT AMAZING.
Just out of curiosity: Are you currently driving a Swift Diesel, or a bullock cart?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st August 2015 at 13:05.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks