Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 13:29   #1696
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

...I would sell my house and buy one it's THAT AMAZING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Are you currently driving a Swift Diesel, or a bullock cart?
Hahaha your post is hilarious and a wee bit rude romeomidhun

But I guess humyum has quite literally posted his experience just like a true petrol head would.

In fact, I think he probably logged onto TBHP the moment he stepped out of the drive and the rest came out on his thread.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st August 2015 at 13:31.
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 14:18   #1697
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just out of curiosity: Are you currently driving a Swift Diesel, or a bullock cart?
I guess it didn't matter, as they both happen to rattle away to glory in exactly the same manner!

Anyone can very easily post that kind of comment, you see? If they don't do it, then it's only because they want to maintain dignity, both their own and that of this forum.

-------

@ Mods: Sorry, I couldn't resist this one.

Last edited by RSR : 21st August 2015 at 14:38.
RSR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 15:00   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I mean absolutely no offence, either to you or to anyone who has similar opinions on not only Creta, but other vehicles from other manufacturers as well. Read on for more.
Agree with you. This is also a psychology thing IMHO. You make a choice and you then find all possible reasons to justify to yourself that your choice is right. You look for more opinions which align with yours and give more weight/respect to them even if there might be others to the contrary which are more logical. And it works for people on both sides of the fence. I, for example, as a CRETA owner (since yesterday!!), am finding myself give more importance to the CRETA ownership threads where buyers are going all gaga about their vehicles! From that perspective, I might prefer to call this a baby santa-fe than a blown up i-20!!
zing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 16:12   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Congratulations redrage! Cheers A quick question - where did you get the mock Carbon fiber wrap done?
Thank you, Picked up the wrap online and got it stuck and blow dried at a sticker shop .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Hearty congratulations, Abhi99 and redrage! Wish you guys a delightful ownership with many happy miles and smiles!

That's so nice to hear! The Accent Tornado 1.6 GTX and Accent Viva were two neatly differentiated variants in the Accent line-up, and the Accent itself was one of the two cars that laid a very strong foundation for the Hyundai brand in India (the other being Santro, of course). Happy to learn that your 13 year old 1.6 Tornado is still faithfully doing duty with your family.

I believe the Accent is still in production at Hyundai India, albeit in small volumes for a couple of export markets where the car continues to be on sale (due to its popularity there).

This is exactly what I had in mind when I first saw that chrome lip above the number plate. Good to see that it has turned out so well!
Thank you, During 2002 we were totally bowled over by the Honda Vtec but than had to choose mind over heart and go in for 1.6 Accent which was nowhere close to the driving experience of the Honda but had features packed to the brim (1.6 ltr DOHC, 6 CD changer, ABS, Independent suspension, Turanza tires , all this at 8 odd lakhs). Our tornado today with a muted free flow is one of the most pleasing cars to putter around in the city, suspension still rocks.

Last edited by redrage : 21st August 2015 at 16:19.
redrage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 16:58   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Would I buy the Creta ? I would sell my house and buy one it's THAT AMAZING. None of the competition has any chance of survival.

A word of caution, don't test drive this car if you have no intention of buying it due to finances/just brought a duster etc etc, it will cause a heart burn of epic proportions at not being able to get one. I got home some hours back and I am already wondering 'How in the world can I make this mine ASAP' even when I know its beyond my budget.
You spoke my mind. I wish, I had never seen it or Test drive it.

I was shopping for a car, knowing Creta is out of my stretch budget by 3 Lakhs, went for a TD.

Man! This car is mesmerizing. My family is madly in love with this car. We put a hold on our search and started thinking on all options to get one home. Though could find some way, just bailed out last minute to break the madness. My 9 Yr old daughter went on war with me. Weekend became dull and boring after than decision.

Booked a Ciaz finally, but I am pretty sure, I will be breathing heavy when I see this beauty on the road every time.

She is like love at first sight! It becomes eternal when you test drive it. If I were a bachelor, I would have married her by now .
sathya_g_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 17:40   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Agree with you. This is also a psychology thing IMHO. You make a choice and you then find all possible reasons to justify to yourself that your choice is right. You look for more opinions which align with yours and give more weight/respect to them even if there might be others to the contrary which are more logical.
also known as confirmation bias
Old 21st August 2015, 19:46   #1702
BHPian

Quote:

A word of caution, don't test drive this car if you have no intention of buying it due to finances/just brought a duster etc etc, it will cause a heart burn of epic proportions at not being able to get one. I got home some hours back and I am already wondering 'How in the world can I make this mine ASAP' even when I know its beyond my budget.
Well I bought a duster and I do not regret buying It. Let me state some points

1. I got the top end rxz version for 11.88 L (ex showroom Kolkata).For creta I would have to spend another 80 k to 1 lL

2. Compared to creta, I get some more shoulder room and headroom. Middle passenger is also comfortable more on duster. So I can say that it's a perfect 5 seater.

3. I get a much better suspension, good steering feedback , and better ride and handling manners, better GC Plus the duster looks more like an suv as compared to creta.

4. Comparing the engines, the creta has a 10bhp advantage over duster, but if you test drive both the duster and creta out on a highway., you will observe that the duster has a more better Drivability

Of course the duster loses out on interior and feature department, but for this price range, I am sure that I have bought the best vehicle.
Old 21st August 2015, 19:49   #1703
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
I recently TDed the Creta SX(O) and as an existing Elite i20 Asta owner, couldn't help it compare from that perspective. The Creta looks almost like a stretched i20 from the inside (save for the dashboard design). Same instrument panel, Steering wheel, stalks, central console and front seats. I suddenly felt like a wise man having bought virtually the same car for far less. In fact it has the same limited MID with no DTE, Average Fuel consumption etc. Seating too has the similar dynamics fitting same number of occupants.

Only advantages over the i20: Boot space and a bit higher GC. Between the two, i20 is a looker IMO.

My 2 cents: no point getting ripped by Hyundai paying 17 big ones for this.

Disclaimer: This is strictly my personal opinion based on my i20 ownership experience. No intention to undermine or hurt Creta owners.
It's great that you that you feel about the i20 that way but saying "getting ripped" kind of hurts the intelligence of all the Creta buyers.

As a matter of fact I own both i20 and the Fluidic Verna (both diesel) and yet I bought the Creta diesel. Agree that it is overpriced by a lac or so compared to the Duster but you can in no way compare i20 and Creta based on steering and stalks. The engine, refinement, seating position, height and handling are all very different. I don't think there are 30000 fools who are getting ready to get ripped going by your logic.

Last edited by BNM : 21st August 2015 at 19:52.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 19:50   #1704
BHPian

So I decided to get arm twisted and purchase some accessories just to ensure quick delivery of my sxo. I'm going on for the front camera, hid lights, miracle coat, underbody rust coating and transparent mats..
Old 21st August 2015, 19:53   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Handling: I drive a Swift Diesel with 185 Michelins and this combination makes the car handle like its on rails, so my benchmark is always my Swift Diesel.
Your benchmark is bit too low for comparison. Most sedans will fate better than swift. Duster is much closer to 'rail' like experience.
Old 21st August 2015, 23:21   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just out of curiosity: Are you currently driving a Swift Diesel, or a bullock cart?
Baba, its relative, If I was driving a Maruti 800, I would find the Swift Diesel a missile, with the Swift Diesel, I find the Creta 1.6's acceleration amazing.

And my version of the Swift Diesel is the 2008 one, although it has a peaky turbo kick, it does not last for long, unlike the present day Swift Diesel's which don't have a shove in the seat kind of torque delivery but are very rev happy. My car would not be happy to be revved anything more than 3300-3400, where as latest Swift's don't mind touching 4000 rpm too. That's why the love for the Creta's engine. Perfect kick in the seat feel plus rev happy nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hahaha your post is hilarious and a wee bit rude romeomidhun

But I guess humyum has quite literally posted his experience just like a true petrol head would.

In fact, I think he probably logged onto TBHP the moment he stepped out of the drive and the rest came out on his thread.
Very true, quite literally the first thing I did after getting back home was log onto team-bhp and post this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Thank you bud.

I got the alloys for 10.5 k per wheel and tyres for about 12.5 each. I was able to sell stock tyres for about 5k each.

Stock tyres were 205/65R16 while top model comes with 215/60R17. If you take 16" as base, the 17" ones are about 2.5% over the stock size (being sold by Hyundai). With 225/55R17 the variation from stock wheel is .95% and hence i went with it.

The pcd was 114.3 and yes they were dynamically balanced before putting them on.

I am not sure of the offset value though.
Great, I am happy they were dynamically balanced, most tyre shops see an alloy wheel and only single side balance it taking the owners joy away of a wonderful stable highway experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
You spoke my mind. I wish, I had never seen it or Test drive it.

I was shopping for a car, knowing Creta is out of my stretch budget by 3 Lakhs, went for a TD.

Man! This car is mesmerizing. My family is madly in love with this car. We put a hold on our search and started thinking on all options to get one home. Though could find some way, just bailed out last minute to break the madness. My 9 Yr old daughter went on war with me. Weekend became dull and boring after than decision.

Booked a Ciaz finally, but I am pretty sure, I will be breathing heavy when I see this beauty on the road every time.

She is like love at first sight! It becomes eternal when you test drive it. If I were a bachelor, I would have married her by now .
SO TRUE. I can't get the experience out of my mind. The looks, the feel of the interiors, the driving position, the engine, gearbox, clutch, the entire feel is just mind blowing. Imagine this, we are not even looking to buy a car now but still getting sleepless nights over this.

Good choice Ciaz though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
Well I bought a duster and I do not regret buying It. Let me state some points

1. I got the top end rxz version for 11.88 L (ex showroom Kolkata).For creta I would have to spend another 80 k to 1 lL

2. Compared to creta, I get some more shoulder room and headroom. Middle passenger is also comfortable more on duster. So I can say that it's a perfect 5 seater.

3. I get a much better suspension, good steering feedback , and better ride and handling manners, better GC Plus the duster looks more like an suv as compared to creta.

4. Comparing the engines, the creta has a 10bhp advantage over duster, but if you test drive both the duster and creta out on a highway., you will observe that the duster has a more better Drivability

Of course the duster loses out on interior and feature department, but for this price range, I am sure that I have bought the best vehicle.
Hey, to each his own. Congratulations on the Duster. Yes you did save a lot of dough with the Duster and got something which you liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Your benchmark is bit too low for comparison. Most sedans will fate better than swift. Duster is much closer to 'rail' like experience.
Swift Diesel is a low benchmark ? I can't fathom how is that the car which gets rated as one of the best handling hatchbacks is a 'bit too low' benchmark for comparison. Anyway, since it's a Creta thread, I would not elaborate on that otherwise the mods will be giving me pink slips

Last edited by humyum : 21st August 2015 at 23:23.
humyum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 23:39   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swift Diesel is a low benchmark ? I can't fathom how is that the car which gets rated as one of the best handling hatchbacks is a 'bit too low' benchmark for comparison. Anyway, since it's a Creta thread, I would not elaborate on that otherwise the mods will be giving me pink slips
Please don't take it personally. My daily drive is 2008 swift and I love it more than any other car. However, I believe that Duster handles bad roads much better than swift. I would keep Duster's handling (for bad roads) as benchmark and would compare Creta against it.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 01:31   #1708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
...However, I believe that Duster handles bad roads much better than swift. I would keep Duster's handling (for bad roads) as benchmark and would compare Creta against it.
Guess you confused 'ride quality' to 'handling'. First gen swift had a bad ride quality due to the stiff suspension.

But the handling while driving fast thru the corners was definitely good. Hyundai needs to go a long way to match that.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:34   #1709
Distinguished - BHPian

While it's fun to watch the kind of enthusiasm and interest the Creta is generating, it's important to keep things in perspective. The kind of statements made here ("will sell my house to get one") is not typical of a Team BHPian. We see things as they are. Is the Creta a good car? Yes. Is it value for money? I don't know. Is it the best thing invented since sliced bread? Certainly not.
noopster is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:51   #1710
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
While it's fun to watch the kind of enthusiasm and interest the Creta is generating, it's important to keep things in perspective. The kind of statements made here ("will sell my house to get one") is not typical of a Team BHPian. We see things as they are. Is the Creta a good car? Yes. Is it value for money? I don't know. Is it the best thing invented since sliced bread? Certainly not.
Exactly my point.

There should be a limit for everything. This is not a chat site for some school / college students. We expect a minimum level of maturity from all, so that the time we spent on this site will be worth it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed