Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 11:30   #31
BHPian

Re: My Pocket Rocket - Mercedes CLA45 AMG

Congrats VSD. Indeed a great buy when compared to the usual norms of A6, 530d etc etc.
Loved the dual viewing modes of the rear view camera. Waiting eagerly to see what mods are going to embrace this beauty.
kp1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 11:54   #32
BHPian

Congratulations on the little beast, VSD! That's an amazing colour, I was thinking of ordering a similar silver on the W222 S350.

I've seen a couple of CLA45's around in Mumbai, and that exhaust note is just something else! I'm sure we'd all love a few clippings of the gorgeous sound of that AMG!

Enjoy the ride!
Saarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 16:17   #33
VSD
BHPian

Thanks everyone for giving 5 stars for my review. Will keep updating with lots of pictures and some detailed review about my trips with my CLA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
You'd also mentioned bout the E63 AMG, that would've been a hoot to drive too. But is the difference in sizes really all that much. Anyway I am sure you're a better judge.
Yes the difference is very much huge, mainly due to size of the car and size of that engine. I drove the E63 in noida and I couldn't even get to the third gear in the city traffic. When you did eventually find a stretch of open road, you press the accelerator to pull away and by the time you do find traction in those rear tyres (RWD with 500hp) you'd realise you're going too fast and slightly out of control. The car is too powerful to be used everyday.

I wanted an everyday car, which I'm not scared of going too fast in and still have it all under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Some european contries have rules that certain percentage of the tyre should be covered. Thats why these flaps, even eco sport has these.
Thanks for the info, I did think it might just be a splash guard of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I am particularly interested in the service standards of T&T and after sales service attitudes of Mercedes. Best wishes - Narayan
Till now it's been good when I sent my car for initial inspection at 3000kms, will keep you posted about the ASS of T&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
I mean cars like 530d are goin on for 70 lakhs OTR now. For seven lakhs more you got a 360 bhp hand built mini monster. That's a sweet deal.
Which is why I went for this car rather than spending maybe 1.5crores for the other sports car category vehicles. More so, now Audi has got the TT priced at around 60.5 lakhs with almost everything optional equipment. So any decently loaded TT is costing the same while only churning out 250bhp.(Cayman/M3&M4/upcoming C63/RS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
However, there is a difference in the kind of fun in driving the CLA compared to other cars (63's) in the AMG family.
Very true, the (63's) cars are bonkers to drive but you can't find a comfort level with them on your daily drive/fun rides that you can find with these little 45 series vehicles. If only the A45 was available here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Have only one question, do you absolutely need 97 RON fuel or does she work well even on normal petrol? If not then that would seriously limit the usability of this beauty.
I mostly use speed petrol now as it's still available in most pumps, while I go for Speed 97 whenever possible. There isn't much difference in the performance that's noticeable but they 97 is definitely much more cleaner fuel and helps other benefits than just performance. Though Mercedes people do recommend using Speed petrol only, not the 97 for this vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $t@llion kh@n View Post
Please post some videos of the exhaust if possible.
I think you could have given Porsche Panamera a chance to impress you as well. It has a Premium badge, great road presence and space for 4 adults.
All in all a family sports car if I can say.
I do have some videos taken on my phone, will post them shortly. Also, I did test drive the Panamera, it's just not worth the amount asked for it, specially for the GTS, which is way too overpriced for my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
One question though. Even though you had eliminated the M3 based on the pricing, did you TD to compare these two monsters ? If yes, which do you think would have won if we take price out of the equations.
I did not get to test the car, but if price wasn't any concern then I may have gone for the M3 just because it's more powerful and it's A legend in the sports car category. Also, I'm a brand loyal person, I love BMW cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Would you like a shoot for it?
Sure, I'd like a shoot for the car. I'm not good with pictures at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
Congrats VSD. Indeed a great buy when compared to the usual norms of A6, 530d etc etc.
Loved the dual viewing modes of the rear view camera. Waiting eagerly to see what mods are going to embrace this beauty.
Both modes are very good for parking in tight spaces and specially in delhi market places. Will plan some mods in 6 months time, doing lots of research for the same right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Congratulations on the little beast, VSD! That's an amazing colour, I was thinking of ordering a similar silver on the W222 S350.

I've seen a couple of CLA45's around in Mumbai, and that exhaust note is just something else! I'm sure we'd all love a few clippings of the gorgeous sound of that AMG!
The car is Mountain grey color, it's slightly different than the silver color of the S-class. Will upload couple of videos that I have on my phone.
VSD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 21:45   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Sure, I'd like a shoot for the car. I'm not good with pictures at all.
Sir I have sent you a PM. BTW, kitna deti hai?
Old 15th August 2015, 01:39   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome choice of a car! I wish they get the A45 AMG churning out 381hp to India soon. These small and fast cars makes so much sense out here.
Quote:
Sir I have sent you a PM. BTW, kitna deti hai?
Are you serious? Asking "kitna deti hai" for an AMG!!
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 02:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vsd. Amazing review and a great car to drive. Loved the interiors. I too put up in Faridabad so I am sure will spot your car someday
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 02:28   #37
BHPian

Great review, the CLA45 AMG was my choice too, however I ended up getting the 250 in the same color, hope to read more updates as the miles add up!!
Old 15th August 2015, 12:23   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Are you serious? Asking "kitna deti hai" for an AMG!!
Why? It's a 2.0 turbo engine. It might just surprise you with efficiency the same way it does with power
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 14:15   #39
VSD
BHPian

Just adding a short video of the exhaust note.

Quote:
Why? It's a 2.0 turbo engine. It might just surprise you with efficiency the same way it does with power
The FE is 5kmpl in the city and max I've got is 11kmpl on highway. It can really surprise you when driven like a sports car, giving only 3kmpl tops.
VSD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 11:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Dear VSD, now that I have got over my pangs of envy let me congratulate you on your new set of wheels. You wrote a informative thread on your BMW 5 over its life. Request you to keep updating this thread too. I am particularly interested in the service standards of T&T and after sales service attitudes of Mercedes. Best wishes - Narayan
RE service standards of T&T: people are lovely, time and cost is almost scary bad at least for my humble non-AMG E.
Old 18th August 2015, 19:57   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Just adding a short video of the exhaust note.

https://Youtu.be/5wcomxvFJN0

The FE is 5kmpl in the city and max I've got is 11kmpl on highway. It can really surprise you when driven like a sports car, giving only 3kmpl tops.
A little muted for an AMG but that crackle and bang on lift off compensates for the lack of noise.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:33   #42
BANNED

Some pics of the car we shot! What a lovely exhaust note this car has got and what a lovely car it is!
Attached Thumbnails
My Pocket Rocket - Mercedes CLA45 AMG-final-copy.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket - Mercedes CLA45 AMG-final22-copy.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket - Mercedes CLA45 AMG-final5.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket - Mercedes CLA45 AMG-final13-copy.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket - Mercedes CLA45 AMG-final21.jpg  

kisharchit is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 15:50   #43
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Some pics of the car we shot! What a lovely exhaust note this car has got and what a lovely car it is!
Thanks for the pictures Archit. Wait till this one gets an exhaust upgrade and it will get even better.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 20:27   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures Archit. Wait till this one gets an exhaust upgrade and it will get even better.
We need to definitely meet up then and hear the better noise!
Old 8th November 2015, 15:53   #45

I know I'm a bit late to reply. But I just couldn't hide my happiness to see someone in India buying an AMG for his daily commute.
Great choice IMO.
Also, kudos to Mercedes Benz and AMG especially for making cars such as the CLA45 AMG which are fast yet drivable in real life conditions.
Enjoy!

Most Viewed