Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 05:17   #31
MMV
BHPian

re: 'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up

Congrats on your purchase and a big congrats for your exhaustive review.

Indeed a smart choice and better than celerio from VFM perspective. A friend of mine has also just booked this car based on similar requirements and is awaiting the delivery.
MMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 10:32   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: 'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up

Fantastic review, many thanks for sharing! For a second there, I thought I'm reading an official review .

For convenient city commuting, the Alto K10 AMT is simply unbeatable. Wish you thousands of stress-free kms .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 10:58   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
Congrats on your purchase and a big congrats for your exhaustive review.
Thank you MMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fantastic review, many thanks for sharing! For a second there, I thought I'm reading an official review.
Thank you GTO.

Happy that the review is useful to some and would be useful to others who want to buy this car in future or keep it as an option.
Old 31st July 2015, 17:39   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase!

Could you please post a pic of High and Low Beam for OEM & Philips Bulbs???

Also, do tell me the experience of the same in the highway?

Thanks!
shivs2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 14:05   #35
BHPian

Congrats Anurag for the car and my big compliments for this excellent ownership review. For me, it practically obviates the need to visit showroom to observe the car.

I, for one, actually never considered a Maruti as there was always something better as an option. However, a sub 5L AMT seems a tremendous value proposition and your post actually made me to think. So, thanks again for it.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 19:55   #36
BHPian

Very nice and detailed review, yes as many have said parallels an official review !!

On a lighter note since you mentioned the car was meant for your wife primarily, and looking at the review it probably won't remain her car for long
Higgs_Boson_i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 06:58   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
However, a sub 5L AMT seems a tremendous value proposition and your post actually made me to think. So, thanks again for it.
It is a nice VFM proposition if one can ignore some minor design issues or lack of basic safety features for that pricing.

Do go look at the car at the showroom. Do TD it too for a better perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
On a lighter note since you mentioned the car was meant for your wife primarily, and looking at the review it probably won't remain her car for long

For that to be the situation some miracle had to happen.

My daily commute consists of 45% city traffic and 55% highway. I'll enjoy the K10 only for the 45% of my commute rest times it'll be irritating as the car doesn't like speeds above 80kmph. This car is ONLY for city and not designed for highways so I am better off with my Swift ZDi.

Out of the 2000 kms driven so far, I would have done 300-400 kms. Rest all by my better half.
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:01   #38
BHPian

Hi Anurag, congrats on your new car. That is an excellent review with fine detail and nice pictures. Floor lamination is a nice addition, I am planning to get it done soon. I suggest you to replace the MGA floor mats, I find it too small and doesn't cover the floor properly and gets the dust all over the floor. Wonder if they were really designed for the K10's floor.
Torino is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:55   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
I suggest you to replace the MGA floor mats, I find it too small and doesn't cover the floor properly and gets the dust all over the floor.
Thank you for the kind words Sir.

The reason why I went for for lamination is ease of cleaning and keeping the dust where it is. I didn't want to spoil the lamination with the does etc, went for the foot mats.

All I have to do is use the vacuum cleaner to pull out all the dust.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:51   #40
BHPian

Top notch review! Thanks! The detailed pictures gives everyone an excellent idea of the car. Love the seat covers you picked. Any plans to do underbody coating or is it needed for this car?

Wishing you many years of happy and safe riding!
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:26   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Top notch review! Thanks! The detailed pictures gives everyone an excellent idea of the car. Love the seat covers you picked. Any plans to do underbody coating or is it needed for this car?
Thank you.

No underbody coating done for this. I don't feel the need hence avoided.
Old 6th August 2015, 22:16   #42
BANNED

Have go myself a TPMS mainly for the Swift so just for the sake of trying it plugged it onto my K10 too and went for a small drive.

TPMS

Here are the readings:

As seen on the tire placard - Cold tyre pressures recommended are 35psi all around.

Sensor on the valve:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-sensor.jpg

Cold tyre pressure:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-pressure.jpg

Cold tyre temperature:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-temp.jpg
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

The car has clocked 2011 kms as of now.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 03:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you.

No underbody coating done for this. I don't feel the need hence avoided.
Hi Anurag,

Congratulations on your k10 amt ! So, it's about 3 months of ownership now and hopefully they have been great !

1. Do you have any new updates - how has the reliability been ? Any niggles or issues ?
2. You bought the car from sri sai as varun kept delaying. So, did you continue to go to sri sai for service or did you go to any other m.a.s.s ? And did you have any warranty issues to deal with ?
3. What are the better mass centers in Hyderabad and how are the parts availablity if needed ?
4. And finally - any scratches or dents from the impatient , no rules apply to us Hyd traffic !!

Thanks and have fun in the AMT for a long time !

Last edited by deltheking : 2nd October 2015 at 03:55.
Old 2nd October 2015, 05:27   #44
BHPian

And one more question. Do you wish you had the option of the Renault Kwid AMT when you bought the Alto ? The Kwid reviews seem to be pretty good and the pricing is great. The only major issue for the Kwid would be the Renault dealership network. And there have been some horror stories regarding Renault Hyderabad service on this forum and AFAIK all the 3 Hyderabad Renault dealers are owned by the same group giving them a virtual monopoly to fleece and harass the customers and thereby ruin a great product !
Old 4th October 2015, 17:34   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltheking View Post
1. Do you have any new updates - how has the reliability been ? Any niggles or issues ?
No niggles/rattles till date. Running like a charm. The K10 is nearing 3K now.

Quote:
2. You bought the car from sri sai as varun kept delaying.
Bought the car from Sai Service, Erragada and service it at Balanagar Branch. No issues with the car or warranty whatsoever.

Quote:
3. What are the better mass centers in Hyderabad and how are the parts availablity if needed ?
I visit Sai Service at Balanagar for the regular service. All our cars (Alto K10, Swift and Ertiga) go there for their periodic services.

Quote:
4. And finally - any scratches or dents from the impatient , no rules apply to us Hyd traffic !!
Yup, replaced the right side ORVM costing me total of 2K thanks to a sand-laden lorry that knocked it off.

Quote:
And one more question. Do you wish you had the option of the Renault Kwid AMT when you bought the Alto ?
The Kwid is a great product but for their service centres and the number of them. AFAIK there are only 3 in Hyderabad and can't go 35 kms for service.

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th October 2015 at 17:35.

Most Viewed