Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 15:08   #61
BHPian

Re: The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol

Ordered my Arm Rest from Ali Express on 31st July. It costed me $36. It took nearly 20 days and landed at my door steps today. It took 15 minutes to fix it and here are the pictures.

Overall I like the quality of the plastic and definitely value for money. Easy to install. Plug and play design. I didn't not pay any customs duty for this.

Honda charges Rs.16000 for this as part of the accessories. Not worth it.

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11866220_10207697924594312_1301357208103839827_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11870859_10207697924794317_1552869265637046791_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11885165_10207697925714340_6421847978564965604_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11903915_10207697925554336_810567025201784865_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-10999971_10207697926474359_8687223901038484462_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-10277416_10207697925274329_4599103324924219064_n.jpg
vprabu is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 15:48   #62
BHPian

Congrats on the Mod

Just 15 mins to fix it.

Is it as simple as dropping the armrest into the cup holders. Is it a tight fit and does it creek.

Great car BTW
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 16:05   #63
BHPian

Looks good.

But do you encounter any difficulties while reaching for the handbrake? In bumper-to-bumper traffic I have the habit of constantly keeping my left hand on the handbrake, just in case.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 21:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Looks good.

But do you encounter any difficulties while reaching for the handbrake? In bumper-to-bumper traffic I have the habit of constantly keeping my left hand on the handbrake, just in case.
This armrest is made for Honda Jazz 2015 and hence it has enough clearance to use the hand brakes. The arm rest top can be slid back just in case you find it difficult to reach the hand brake. Since it fits perfectly into the cubby holes, literally no shakes. Some arm rests are fitted through the screws and they tend to be shaky while resting your hand on top. Depending on the generation of Jazz, the bottom portion changes for the plug and play.

The Ali Express link here.
vprabu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 09:36   #65

Took delivery of Wife's VX-MT alabaster silver yesterday and drove for about 170Kms
1. Over all very much satisfied with the car.
2. Did not find any sluggishness in the lower gears. Depends on what car one has been driving earlier I suppose. When I test drove this vehicle (V-model) I did find the car to be a bit underpowered but then I went to the show room driving my Linea t-jet plus.
2. Returned an average of 15.7Km/L but then I have been driving between 70-80Kmph only as advised by the show room (running in is said to be 1000km)
3. Ride quality is good although not as great as in my Linea but certainly better than wifes earlier i10.
4. Some one earlier said that there is no central locking but it is very much there and can be operated with the remote.
5. Operation of Ac controls, AVN are all intuitive and did not find any difficulty
6. found the drivers and passenger seats extremely comfortable and infact back support in the drivers seat is better than in my Linea
6. Lights are good but not great for night driving
7. opted for extended warranty ~7k
8. Transferred 50% NCB from earlier car and got the Zero dep including 24x7 road side assistance policy from Bajaj Allianz 18350/=
9. Bought the mats from the show room as the car was being delivered without mats. cost Rs1500/= quality extremely poor not worth even Rs.300.
embryo1954 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:48   #66
BHPian

Feedback on the ANJ VX AVN receiver:
1. Phone - It is not good in phone calls (no mute button). Sometimes crashes and reboots. Since the mic is close to A/c vents, higher fan speed results in noise on the other side. V models feature mic near the map lights and that could be a better option. Call history sync is weird at times. Need to download the phone book again at times
2. Navigation - Not many landmarks available. Searching is very difficult. Less intuitive. When it works, it is good. I would prefer Google over this any day due to live traffic updates and frequent map updates that includes diversions and one-ways.
3. Radio - Good signal reception. Save option erases all your presets and has a brain of its own I am still unable to figure this out.
4. Disc - Never used it till date. Will use it for tablet mount, most probably
5. USB - 16GB USB 2.0, windows formatted containing 9GB of songs takes around 5 minutes to load. Not usable. Loads every time the ignition is turned on. Cannot even do, 'Random' properly. After selecting the second song, it stops.
6. iPod - No cribs here. Standard interface and works great. But keeping the iPod up-to-date with latest songs is a challenge and is tougher than a small USB pen drive. Thanks to iTunes way of sync.
7. EQ - Good and not great.
8. Bluetooth - Cannot choose two different devices, one for calls and the other for music. In my case both the devices these options. I will try it with iPad and see if I can use my iPhone for calls and iPad for music
9. BT music - Good. Works with 3rd players on the tabs (more of Tab's features use BT)
10. Aux - Since the cables are inside the glove box, this option is useless
The players more than one hand and brain to control :-):-)
Overall, I would rate this ** (out of 5). Requesting owners of non-VX model to post their feedback on their units.
vprabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 18:37   #67
BHPian

vprabu, have you thought how easy will it be to steal the AVN system that come pre-installed in cars? The teamBHP review for the 2015 Jazz says that the AVN system in the VX looks aftermarket and the finish is not as good as that of the lower trims. Is this a reason to worry?

You also said in your above post that the maps are not that accurate, and some landmarks are missing. Can an update help? The manual provided with the AVN system does mention something about an update.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 14:37   #68
BHPian

Tablet mount by Ppyple.

Very good CD/DVD mount and holds the tablet securely. Ordered from Amazon for Rs.1999. It is expensive, but the quality is good. I have tried a few local ones and had to return them due to their lack of grip and poor quality finish.

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0875.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0876.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0879.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0880.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0882.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0884.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0886.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0890.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0892.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0895.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0897.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0899.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0905.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0907.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0911.jpg

Pros:

1. Sits in the never used DVD slot and not on the windshield
2. Better grip and adjustable grip sizes gives a tight fit and less shakes
3. Good quality material
4. Can be positioned the way anyone wants it. Has screws, ball socket and slider for various angles
5. Charging cables need not be long and hence less hinderance to the driver
6. Has enough grip to hold tablets vertically as well
7. Sizes upto iPad mini is supported
8. No more USB drives, iPods issues like the stock AVN
9. Subscription to services like Gaana, Saavn keeps the music up to date
10. Passengers can watch videos without limitation (not recommended)
11. Google navigation with live traffic updates

Cons:

1. Bit expensive
2. It might block the a/c vents and hence finer adjustments would be needed
3. If the stock system is touch screen, then operating its screen would be tough
vprabu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 07:41   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Hi DieselTorq,

If you want the perfect fit, better to go with OEM ones. Since the car is new, there are no after market accessories available yet and looks like we need to wait for some more time.
Thanks for your response and suggestions vprabhu. Sorry for the delayed response(internet issues at home).Visited Jeewaajee - Chamiers Road,Chennai this weekend and found few good looking covers.Will decide whether to go with the OEM ones or After market this weekend.
Old 29th August 2015, 17:33   #70
BHPian

Hello vprabu. I have noticed the AVN system behaving in an erratic manner. Wanted to know if you have experienced something similar.

When the AVN is switched off and I engage the reverse gear the rear view camera gets activated. But at the same time the music system also starts on its own. It shuts down as soon as I disengage the reverse gear. This doesn't happen always but still it's quite weird. Secondly, I generally switch off the AVN before turning off the ignition switch. But sometimes I have noticed that the next day when I start the car the music system also starts on its own, even though I had switched it off the previous day. Another issue is that generally it starts playing from where I had stopped the music the last time but sometimes the music starts from the very first track, and sometimes (rare instances) from a completely random track.
Old 30th August 2015, 11:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hello vprabu. I have noticed the AVN system behaving in an erratic manner. Wanted to know if you have experienced something similar.

When the AVN is switched off and I engage the reverse gear the rear view camera gets activated. But at the same time the music system also starts on its own. It shuts down as soon as I disengage the reverse gear. This doesn't happen always but still it's quite weird. Secondly, I generally switch off the AVN before turning off the ignition switch. But sometimes I have noticed that the next day when I start the car the music system also starts on its own, even though I had switched it off the previous day. Another issue is that generally it starts playing from where I had stopped the music the last time but sometimes the music starts from the very first track, and sometimes (rare instances) from a completely random track.
I dont think it can be called as erratic behavior though. When the reverse gear is engaged, the system turns on to show the camera view. In that situation it restores the last music option (Tuner, iPod, USB etc) during the time it is on. You will notice this when your last played option was the Tuner, as others like USB takes a long time to load and by the time you would have completed the reverse.

(Un)fortunately, I have not encountered the other problems mentioned by you.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 16:09   #72

Hey Guys, Could someone post his experience of using AVN further in terms of reliability and ease of use etc. Is this a deal breaker? I am all set for VX petrol but reviews of AVN are getting me worried.
Old 7th September 2015, 20:57   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk_optra View Post
Hey Guys, Could someone post his experience of using AVN further in terms of reliability and ease of use etc. Is this a deal breaker? I am all set for VX petrol but reviews of AVN are getting me worried.
VX in addition to AVN, has Spoiler, magic seats etc. You choose what you really care about and pick a trim that you will be happy with. Yes, AVN is definitely bad unless you want to use it for BT audio, Tuner and a basic phone.

I have written to Honda121 and my complaint has been registered. Today, I got a call from Ms Murphy of Olympia, CRM team. We went through the concerns drafted in this mail line by line. However, at the end of the discussion, I was told to visit the workshop so that someone senior will help me understand this system. I am not sure if I have to learn to use this system at this point of time.

Subsequent to this, there was a follow up call from Honda121 to ensure I was already spoken to by the Olympia Honda representative. I said yes, and also mentioned that their suggestion is not going to solve the problem for the VX owners.

We want Honda to take this issue seriously and address it as quickly as possible. Here are a couple of screen shots from one of group members's AVN system.

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-unnamed.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11947650_10153041319047233_5939692213790692394_n.jpg

Image Courtesy: Sedhuraja Nallayan, Honda Jazz Owners group member.

Last edited by vprabu : 7th September 2015 at 21:06.
vprabu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 11:34   #74

[quote=vprabu;3764247]Search for a small-big car

The power lag in the second gear needs some planning and getting used to. I have not mastered it and hence had some tough time in some speed breakers. However, the car hit the highways, absolutely no issues. The power delivery was quite linear and the gear shifts were quite smooth, never felt sudden the sudden surge etc. The rpm stayed in the 2k-4k range while the speedo stayed at around 120-130 kmph.

Lower speeds, diversions required some frequent gear shifts and felt the need for more power in the 2nd gear. Surprisingly on some occasions 3rd gear pulled better.

Touché!
Old 11th October 2015, 11:55   #75
BHPian

@vprabhu - can you post a pic of how you play music using Bluetooth to Jazz AVN? Do we need to purchase any separate adapter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks