Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 06:27   #271
BHPian

re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I am becoming a stalwart at writing these Initial Ownership Reviews, purely because in the last 6 years, this is going to be my 5th review here. ....

Hi frankmehta,

Need you suggestions on remap also? How much does it cost and is it worth it? Is the bump in power noticeable?

How much PS can be expected and which is the best place for a remap in Bangalore?

On another note, I am looking for a lovely VW keychain, preferably leather or anything you know. The dealer gave me a Chrome one with shabby finishing?

BTW, yours look quite neat, where did you get it from?

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th November 2017 at 09:40. Reason: Please do not quote full messages
pc1686 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 19:14   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot77in View Post

Waiting for a reply from anyone familiar with this thank you.
The android unit is now out and lying with me. The rcd340g is now installed in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
Dr Frank, I had missed all your posts regarding all these upgrades in the GT TSi for the last few months.

After going through all of your posts, I must say, You've got the The Best Custom made(and craziest) hatchback of India

With your daily drives modification experience, You could easily pass the Team-BHP's Car-Doctor Award
Thank you 😉

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hey Frank, i got my GT TSI this week and went over to fellow BHpian Newtonmeter to get some vcds mods done. He has vcds cable 12.x and when he hooked up, he was able to scan the car and get the car info. But as soon as he tried to get into the intrumentations menu, error popped up - Unsupported Vehicle.
He tried to load some 15.xx files and try again, still same error.

Can you please advise, is this due to an old cable and i need the latest cable?
Do a reinstall of the software that came with the older cable after completely uninstalling the newest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi frankmehta,

Need you suggestions on remap also? How much does it cost and is it worth it? Is the bump in power noticeable?

How much PS can be expected and which is the best place for a remap in Bangalore?

On another note, I am looking for a lovely VW keychain, preferably leather or anything you know. The dealer gave me a Chrome one with shabby finishing?

BTW, yours look quite neat, where did you get it from?

Thanks
Thank you. A remap is generally highly recommended, but the engine is in a higher state of time, so don't expect day and night results.
About the key ring, check on AliExpress. There's a leather one with the the gti logo on it! Pretty neat!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 09:56   #273
BHPian

Hi Frank, wanted to know how much your car has run now, since mine is at 31k Kms and would be trailing behind yours and wanted to know the maintenance coming up for me.
What all upgrades were done recently? How has the reliability been all this time? Did you change the tyres on your car?
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 10:21   #274
Senior - BHPian

I'm at 40500, and the most recent modification done on the car was a dsg mechatronic unit replacement ��
It was done for free under warranty but procuring the part took over a month.
We changed the spark plugs to NGK izfr7 at 40000 km(the model recommended internationally) but the car was misfiring so sent it to the SC to get original VW sparks.
Changed tires to stock sized Yokohama Earth 1's as the ZLOs were great for enthusiastic driving but ride was compromised.

These are the few updates...

Will update in detail when I'm at the laptop.
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 10:55   #275
BHPian

Quote:
I'm at 40500, and the most recent modification done on the car was a dsg mechatronic unit replacement ��
It was done for free under warranty but procuring the part took over a month.
We changed the spark plugs to NGK izfr7 at 40000 km(the model recommended internationally) but the car was misfiring so sent it to the SC to get original VW sparks.
Changed tires to stock sized Yokohama Earth 1's as the ZLOs were great for enthusiastic driving but ride was compromised.

These are the few updates...

Will update in detail when I'm at the laptop.
Please update us about the DSG failure and the symptoms associated with it?What did you do without a car for a month and why were the spark plugs changed?Was the car showing excessive vibrations at idle?
Curious!!!
Old 12th January 2018, 10:59   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Please update us about the DSG failure and the symptoms associated with it?What did you do without a car for a month and why were the spark plugs changed?Was the car showing excessive vibrations at idle?
Curious!!!
The car just stopped making power in 4th gear in place with the spanner sign blinking on the mid and then the car didn’t slot into reverse, 2, 4 and 6th gears. The car was drivable but not for too much. Got it towed to the Sc.

I had the crio for a month and used Uber for the time it was there.

The sparks were changed at 40k by me prophylactically but then they were the wrong model. So sent her to the Sc for rectifying the same.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 11:03   #277
BHPian

Quote:
The car just stopped making power in 4th gear in place with the spanner sign blinking on the mid and then the car didn’t slot into reverse, 2, 4 and 6th gears. The car was drivable but not for too much. Got it towed to the Sc.

I had the crio for a month and used Uber for the time it was there.

The sparks were changed at 40k by me prophylactically but then they were the wrong model. So sent her to the Sc for rectifying the same.
So my doubt of spark plugs for the GT Tsi not being available in the aftermarket was correct, i was thinking of changing the sparks at 30000kms because all new TSI's have that interval prescribed, i didn't do it at the 27000km service but will do soon then.Also what might be a curious case of my car is that my regular wheel alignment and balancing guy is never able to set it right for my GT, i always have to take it to ASC for the same.
Now for tyre rotation, i will have to visit them again.!!!
Old 9th May 2018, 22:12   #278
Senior - BHPian

A new diversification in life along with the addition of a new passenger in the cars has made my updates here very sporadic. I have made a lot of friends on team-bhp and I owe a lot of my loyalties here, so I am posting here the moment I got some free time!
Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-img_20180502_165254.jpg

A lot of updates! She completed 46000 km recently. And from the time I have made my last post, she has seen the arrival of a new member in the family, a long outstation trip, loaded to the gills and one of the more forgettable incidents, a mechatronic unit failure!

She is driving SUPERBLY with the new TTS auto racecat downpipe, TTS auto remap, Borla spitfire exhaust and BMC CDA intake, and I have not spent any time nor invested any effort into making the car any better.

She is one of the best 10 lakhs and odd that our family has spent on a car, and she has served us infallibly, come hail, come storm!
The Bilstein B4's are average performers in the city, but they come into their own when they are on the highway, and even better when the car is loaded!
Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-c87c3bc87bbf4240b776d8474bdde9d0.jpg

The tire pressures in the car are being kept at 33 psi these days, after a long outstation trip, and the mileage and ride both have improved considerably.
Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-img_20180325_183843.jpg

She's a daily driver and workhorse and turning out to be the star in the family, save for the 2 weeks that she wasn't at home due to the DQ200 failing, and leaving me stranded in the middle of the road, and the car had to be towed away on a flatbed. The Mecha unit was replaced under warranty with no questions asked and the car is driving very well, ever since!
Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-img_20171116_191103.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 01:39   #279
BHPian

Hi Frank!
Nice to see your upgrades still ticking after 3 years. How is the BMC CDA? How much did it cost? Does it replace the Airbox?
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 09:31   #280
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.
With much hesitation, I'd like to tell you all that this beauty is now on sale.
She still drives better than she came from the factory with 56000 km on the clock

Here are the final list of mods.
1. Tts auto remap to 118 Bhp (conservative)
2. Tts auto Downpipe with performance cat
3. Tts auto pedal tune and dsg otg remap
4. Gti steering wheel with paddle shifters
5. Auto dimming rear view mirror from the Jetta/Passat
6. Android head unit with canbus function
7. Eagle eyes headlights with led headlights and high beam
8. Led fog lights
9. Gti grill
10. Original vw Anti glare rear view mirrors
11. Original Jetta interior dome light
12. Auto headlights with EU brushed aluminum soft touch switch
13. Vw original gti armrest
14. BMC CD dia carbon fibre air intake
15. Brembo red pads and discs upgrade
16. Yokohama earth 1 tires stock size 4000 km Old
17. Bilstein b4 shock absorbers
18. All new rubber bushings
19. Tpms with video response and remote control by steelmate
20. Cruise control kit (not installed but can be supplied)
21. Borla spitfire twin exhaust mod with resonator delete and custom piping
22. Bosch dual horn upgrade
23. More upgrades but I can't remember

She is in the pink of her health and I have serviced her more often than recommended by vw.

Video Walk-around of the car
frankmehta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 12:33   #281
BHPian

Quote:

10. Original vw Anti glare rear view mirrors
Can you help me with the part number for the anti glare ORVMs?
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 20:45   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm at 40500......
Quote:
16. Yokohama earth 1 tires stock size 4000 km Old
The car odo is at 56000, you changed the tyres at 40500, how come they are only 4000 km old?
Old 21st December 2018, 20:58   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The car odo is at 56000, you changed the tyres at 40500, how come they are only 4000 km old?
Glad you asked. I was hoping someone would notice.
We had 3 sidewall tears on an outstation trip. Me, being me, I replaced all 4 tires.
Hope that answers your question.
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 21:09   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We had 3 sidewall tears on an outstation trip. Me, being me, I replaced all 4 tires.
Mister Doctor (Dr. Strange fans in the house?), I would've loved to drive this beauty had I been in Mumbai. Would've loved to meet a Doctor with OCD I remember changing all rear light bulbs on my Fortuner just because one died down.

I have a Celerio AMT for my wife but was wanting to replace it with a GT TSi and then your ad pops up! As much as I'm not ready to buy your car right now, I'm sad that someone else is going to take it away.

I hope you sell it to an enthusiast because the amount of effort you've put in the car is commendable.

Wish you all the best!
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 01:14   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys.
With much hesitation, I'd like to tell you all that this beauty is now on sale.
She still drives better than she came from the factory with 56000 km on the clock
I really wish i could afford your car :(
Anyone would be lucky to have her in their stable.

Wish you all the best with your sale

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd December 2018 at 06:48. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks