Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 19:28   #16
BNM
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Congrats on your Creta BNM and wonderful write up!

I too am planning to upgrade to 17" alloys and better rubbers as I get the delivery of my Vehicle. While I make the decision, I need to pick your brain around couple of points -

1. Did you notice any difference in ride quality, due to aspect ratio of 55? Slightly low wall height would make the ride little harsher is what I am told.

2. What is the width of the alloys that you have put, 6.5 or 7?
Ride is excellent. Very soft/muffled thuds over humps. No road noise. Very difficult to get 215/60 R17 profile. Only pirelli which is expensive and 2 years warranty only.

Width of alloy is 7.5 inches.
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 19:56   #17
BHPian

Killer car there sir!
Greatly appreciate the details of how and where the mods were done. It's sure to help another Bangalorean and soon-to-be Creta owner.

Does the AT get an adjustable third rear headrest as well? It looks much more prominent than the one on the MT variants.

While your at it, I feel you should get the chrome at the rear painted body colour, may the door handles as well. And get the front grill painted or wrapped gloss black. That will surely complement the theme well.
Here's to many safe miles on your Korean!

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 14th August 2015 at 19:59.
Turbo_asd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 20:33   #18
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Killer car there sir!
Greatly appreciate the details of how and where the mods were done. It's sure to help another Bangalorean and soon-to-be Creta owner.

Does the AT get an adjustable third rear headrest as well? It looks much more prominent than the one on the MT variants.

While your at it, I feel you should get the chrome at the rear painted body colour, may the door handles as well. And get the front grill painted or wrapped gloss black. That will surely complement the theme well.
Here's to many safe miles on your Korean!
Yes sir - The rear has the 3rd headrest. Will consider removing the chrome once my wife cools down and loses interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congratulations BNM! I just love the colour and the alloys! Well done with that!

I have seen the car in grey and white. While white looks classy the red looks Oh So Nice and those alloys just complement her so well.

Few questions on the Audio upgrade:
  1. What happens to the electrical warranty?
  2. Do you have any WIP pictures of the installation?
  3. Does the custom parcel tray retain the OEM functionality of rising with the boot lid?
  4. Wouldnt having speakers in the rear door and then again on the parcel tray be an overkill?
  5. I believe you mentioned a 4 channel amp so how are the rear 4 speakers connected? Are they on the same 2 channels? (Pardon my ignorance)

Overall a very nice car should be an awesome runabout within the city and not so bad on the highway. The manual is decently fun to drive so perhaps a better automatic gearbox may have helped it drive better.

Nevertheless enjoy, have fun with this and drive safe
Thank You.
1. I don't think you have to be worried about warranty. The showroom accessories division does the same kind of mods. Got it done for my Verna at the showroom the the last time round. Make sure a fuse is installed from the battery.

2. Sorry I didn't take pictures. It is a gut wrenching experience standing there while it is done when all the panels and door pads come off. Trust me, there are experts and they do a great job.

3. Nope. The plank to be secured towards the seat side. Else the plank will vibrate.

4. You can opt not to have speakers on the rear door. But the bass from the rear is amazing. If you want avoid the plank mod, go for a subwoofer with box which can be placed in the rear but it will take away space. There is also an option of a compact builtin subwoofer with amp which fits under the front seats. I had all these speakers from my earlier car which was installed over time. Hence I put them all in. Maybe an overkill but the sound is amazing.

Be sure to damp the doors if you plan to change the door speakers.

5. Amp: ideally it is only for 4 speakers on the door. In my case all the 4 door speakers are connected to 2 channels and the rear to the balance 2 channels.
I usually adjust the fader to emphasize the rear speakers.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th August 2015 at 09:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 14th August 2015, 21:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
In 2014 there were 52 Lacs vehicles plying on Bangalore roads everyday and today it has increased to 55 lacs. This is only going to get only worse and the commute times are becoming notorious longer every passing year. My commute to office (25 Kms one way) which used to take around 60 minutes 5 years ago now takes 2 hours and even more on Fridays. Invariably I go back home with a bad temper and lots of knee pain. I had been complaining this to my wife and we decided that our next car would be an Automatic. My typical usage is around 10,000 Kms/Year averaging around 60 Kms/Day. 90% of my travel is in the city.
Situation in Bangalore is very very grim. The sad part is that there is no solution in sight for the near future either. The metro rail is not covering much of the choc-a-bloc areas today.

I have an automatic car. After driving some time, even the right leg will start to complain as you have to alternate constantly between accelerator and brake

At the current traffic level, a vehicle with 'stop & go' tech like in BMW is indeed desirable.

Last edited by B103 : 14th August 2015 at 21:09.
B103 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 21:43   #20
BHPian

My god the mighty Audi Q3 looks bland when parked next to this red Creta. Creta looks that good. Congratulations !!! Bowled over by its looks especially the side shot.

Last edited by super.cars : 14th August 2015 at 21:45.
super.cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 22:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice one BNM and welcome to the small but excited group of Creta owners here . Those alloys are smashing and that black roof goes well with the color.

Few things I noticed in my creta in the past few days.

1) Bluetooth cant be paired when the vehicle is in motion. Shows a warning message - "cannot pair while the vehicle is in motion". So I guess you need to patiently wait for the phone to pair and then drive the vehicle. But connection is quick so no worries as of now.

2) If you have stored addresses in your navigation, everytime you pass that point, there a reminder stating you have reached your marked point. Any way to bypass this? It's irritating since I have stored my home and office address.

Please keep the thread updated. I shall be adding more pictures over the weekend.

Enjoy your ride!
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 22:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hearty congratulations, BNM!

The Creta in red looks stunning, but you have taken those overall killer looks one huge level upward - that all-black roof and those fantastic alloys make your Creta look absolutely smokin' hot!

You have covered an excellent POV of driving the AT in stop-start Bangy traffic. This will be immensely helpful to prospective Creta AT customers, who would be seriously considering the 6-speed AT as their future buy.

Quote:
A bunch of features on the Verna but missing on the Creta!
Driver side mirror, Distance to empty Cluster, chrome door handles,
Couldn't quite get you there, pal. Did you mean driver-side sunvisor/vanity mirror & chrome door handles on the inside?

Distance to empty is present in the SX(O)'s Advanced Supervision Cluster. As soon as the Low Fuel warning comes on, the tripmeter converts itself into Kilometers Remaining Till Empty.

Sadly, this is missing from the SX+ variants. (Clarification in the latest post of my Lazarus thread)

Hope Naveen has noticed this feature in his SX(O) by now.

As for a good name, since the word "Creta" is Greek/German in origin, how about naming your very handsome steed as Adonis?

Wish you plenty of happy, peaceful and contented (s)miles ahead! Rated your thread a full 5-stars as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
2) If you have stored addresses in your navigation, everytime you pass that point, there a reminder stating you have reached your marked point. Any way to bypass this? It's irritating since I have stored my home and office address.
I tried to delete the history and all previous stored destinations, but this problem persisted. So, for now, I have the voice guidance system disabled.

That way, even if the NAV points out that I just crossed my home/office, I can simply dart ahead without any worry!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th August 2015 at 22:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 00:11   #23
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Nice one BNM and welcome to the small but excited group of Creta owners here . Those alloys are smashing and that black roof goes well with the color.

Few things I noticed in my creta in the past few days.

1) Bluetooth cant be paired when the vehicle is in motion. Shows a warning message - "cannot pair while the vehicle is in motion". So I guess you need to patiently wait for the phone to pair and then drive the vehicle. But connection is quick so no worries as
Thanks Naveen. True in case you want to pair a new device. If you have a paired device already, go to settings / Bluetooth and check the "automatic connection" option. With this, your device will connect to the head unit irrespective of whether the vehicle is stationary or in motion - the moment Bluetooth is turned "ON" on your mobile device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hearty congratulations, BNM

Couldn't quite get you there, pal. Did you mean driver-side sunvisor/vanity mirror & chrome door handles on the inside?

As for a good name, since the word "Creta" is Greek/German in origin, how about naming your very handsome steed as Adonis?
Thanks RavenAvi. Means a lot coming from you and Naveen. We now have our own Club TRIO here

Yes I meant the driver side sun visor vanity mirror and the Inside Chrome handles on the Verna. I don't care about them but my wife lamented about it.

Adonis ? Hmm... Google search brings up images of a naked man's torso
I will think about it...

Last edited by Aditya : 15th August 2015 at 07:59. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 15th August 2015, 02:03   #24
BHPian

Firstly, congrats on the Creta! The car looks stunning in red.

I'd actually paid a visit to a Hyundai dealership to take a look at the automatic version. My reactions were something like this:

This car really does look amazing.

It's really bigger than the Eco Sport.

Why is there hard plastic EVERYWHERE inside the car?

Why don't they have an auto box with petrol?

That's a LOT of features they've cut for the auto variant. Really had to control the prices, huh?

NO REVERSE CAMERA? REALLY?

Wouldn't it make better sense to buy the XUV for another 50k more?

And so on.

Personally felt that one was loosing out too much on safety kit and features just for the auto box.

But all that said though, I still haven't gotten over how amazing this car looks every time I see it on the road!
SS8939 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 06:51   #25
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Firstly, congrats on the Creta! The car looks stunning in red.

I'd actually paid a visit to a Hyundai dealership to take a look at the automatic version. My reactions were something like this:

This car really does look amazing.

It's really bigger than the Eco Sport.

Why is there hard plastic EVERYWHERE inside the car?

Why don't they have an auto box with petrol?

That's a LOT of features they've cut for the auto variant. Really had to control the prices, huh?

NO REVERSE CAMERA? REALLY?

Wouldn't it make better sense to buy the XUV for another 50k more?

And so on.

Personally felt that one was loosing out too much on safety kit and features just for the auto box.

But all that said though, I still haven't gotten over how amazing this car looks every time I see it on the road!
Thanks. If you are interested in buying an AT version, I Request you to read 2 small sections in the beginning of my review - Alternatives considering and why Creta fit my Bill.

Cant do much about the hard plastic but the AT version does has a reverse camera.

The ESP will be the most missed safety feature in the AT. HAC is not really needed on the AT given how the vehicle moves from stationery. 4 curtain air bags - surely would be a good option to have.

XUV does not have AT. The price diff between the Creta AT and the top end XUV W10 is 1.5 lacs.If they introduce AT in the XUV, I am sure they will do it on the W10 and the price will go up by another lac minimum. So the price difference will be 2.5 lacs and not 50 K.

Last edited by BNM : 15th August 2015 at 06:58.
Old 15th August 2015, 08:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to analise the driving characteristic of the Engine and transmission by analising your review.
The whurrin sound upto 40kph is the torque converter working, and multiplying the torque for you. This stops when the converter locks up, driving with a lighter foot may give you a lock up at just above 30 kph.
The neutral feel below 30 is disturbing at first, but a boon once you get used to it. In city traffic you can drive with a pulse and coast format apply light power to match crawl speed, and then let the car coast till the gap ahead increases, and if needed do the same again. Cars like Fortuner that go into neutral at higher speeds are scary.
Above 30 you may be able to get engine braking by down shifting with a trip tronic.
XUV500 test vehicles seen in Pune were TN registered, models were pre face lift W6 and W8. Whenever they launch the car they may get it in W10 too. Both W8 & W10 has full safety features like 6 air bags etc.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 15th August 2015 at 08:04.
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 08:19   #27
BHPian

BNM , my hearty congratulations on getting a beauty. However like a true husband you enhanced the looks with those glamorous accessories. Those wheels are terrific and boy those leather interiors just took it to the next level. I hope someone in Hyundai see these pictures and understand as to what is needed in AT +16 lacs car. These were exactly what I wanted to do if I had got one, but the thought of spending another 1.5 lacs just gave me shudders.

As others mentioned I am also skeptical about opening the doors and all. I have personally experienced with my wagon R where it rattles crazily after we fixed the speakers on them. I need to take it to some guy who can fix it and may be add sound dampening.

Kudos to you and happy driving with your beauty.

Cheers
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 08:45   #28

Nice write up, lovely car, lovely colour and an even better choice of rims... Enjoy your new ride to the fullest.
If wifey allows, get the chrome garnish on the back wrapped in black as well. Would go well with the overall combination of colour and wheels.
bonnyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 11:33   #29
BNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
I am trying to analise the driving characteristic of the Engine and transmission by analising your review.
The whurrin sound upto 40kph is the torque converter working, and multiplying the torque for you. This stops when the converter locks up, driving with a lighter foot may give you a lock up at just above 30 kph.
The neutral feel below 30 is disturbing at first, but a boon once you get used to it. In city traffic you can drive with a pulse and coast format apply light power to match crawl speed, and then let the car coast till the gap ahead increases, and if needed do the same again. Cars like Fortuner that go into neutral at higher speeds are scary.
Above 30 you may be able to get engine braking by down shifting with a trip tronic.
XUV500 test vehicles seen in Pune were TN registered, models were pre face lift W6 and W8. Whenever they launch the car they may get it in W10 too. Both W8 & W10 has full safety features like 6 air bags etc.

Rahul
Thanks Rahul. Actually it was based on your questions I wrote the review in that format.

Are you saying XUV will get AT in lower trims also? I certainly hope they do on W8 also.
Old 15th August 2015, 11:46   #30
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta SX+ Automatic - Initial Ownership Report

Dear BNM,
Congratulations on your new car. Creta in Red looks absolutely stunning. You might take some time to get used to automatic moving from manual but it is only a matter of time before it becomes your habit. Automatic is a boon in city traffic and very helpful for the knees. Sometimes i feel an automatic can help prevent a knee replacement in long term.
Many drivers i have seen do not move to neutral from D when stopping for few minutes either at traffic light or waiting for someone or something and continue pressing the brake. However, I feel it is better to shift to D, engage the hand brake and relax till it is time to go.
autobahnjpr is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks