Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 12:14   #1546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Does the same work while reversing against the slope as well, since the vehicle's creep would push it against gravity?
Yes it does. Plus reverse anyways has more tug (torque) than usual forward gears, do it's less of an issue.
Old 21st February 2017, 12:43   #1547
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
reverse anyways has more tug (torque) than usual forward gears, do it's less of an issue.
Thank you.

I've another follow-up question if a Creta AT owner can answer, please!

Has anyone taken his AT car to remote terrains like Spiti or Ladakh? If yes, how did the gearbox perform? I read a Scorpio owner's tale on BHP from pre-2010 period who mentioned that the AT fluid leaked before reaching Leh stalling the vehicle on the way.
Old 21st February 2017, 16:28   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Speaking from my experience with i10 AT.
Usually the creep from AT is enough to avoid rolling g back.

With torque converter boxes like what Hyundai uses the cars will not roll back. In AMTs they will roll back. So it's a little tricky with the AMTs.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:30   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can fellow Creta owners confirm their map version? There's been an update that I had received sometime in March. I had asked their service guy to update it but I feel they just updated the HU software and not the map. Here's the version I have. Kindly let me know whether this is the stock version or the latest map update.

@Avinash - Think you updated when you got the message during the same time I had received mine. The service guys are completely clueless when it comes to HU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Even i have the same version.

Had gone for second service in Aug 2016 and had asked for the updation which was confirmed to me at the time of the delivery.
Had also witnessed the SA with a pen drive and car fully locked sitting inside doing the software update.
Apologies for the late reply, guys. Noticed your posts yesterday and took a snap of my HU's Map version:

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_5841.jpg

Looks like me and Naveen are on the same App & Map Data versions, while Col. Ghai's App version has been updated, although the Map Data version of all 3 HUs of our respective cars remains the same.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 10:42   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
On steeper inclines, you can half-clutch on a manual but AT is more likely to roll-back.

A myth. I have a 2009 AT which is nothing compared to the modern automatics of today. Have taken it to many places in India including steep ghats. Never faced the problem of roll back or stalling for that matter.

Quote:
I read a Scorpio owner's tale on BHP from pre-2010 period who mentioned that the AT fluid leaked before reaching Leh stalling the vehicle on the way.
Quite scary
Would you be able to share more information on this please? Would be good to know how the owner/driver reacted and sorted this out.

Last edited by @Chaand : 26th February 2017 at 10:43. Reason: Typo
Old 26th February 2017, 16:58   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
Hello jaglanR, I have a same problem. I can't remember when something hit my car, but one evening when I walked back to my car in my office parking (covered), I noticed this 7-9 inch long crack. It is from the bottom of the glass, L shaped and running upward. Over the last 2-3 months, it has lengthened quite a bit.
After 3-4 months of driving around with a cracked windshield, I thought it was time to get it replaced. The ASS in Hyderabad, Kun Hyundai, was unprofessional. They outsource windshield jobs to some unreliable vendor. On the appointed day, I waited for 3 hours for the vendor to arrive, just to see what adhesive he uses and the technique. When the vendor arrived, he came with just a couple of blades (to cut through the urethane of the old windshield). I asked him to show me the adhesive and what I found in his bag shocked me - 2-3 cartridges of some low quality silicon sealant and another 2-3 cartridges of some sealant that had "Maruti Genuine Parts" printed on it. What are Maruti Genuine Parts doing in a Hyundai ASS?
Besides, the vendor was supposed to change windshields of 3 Cretas that day and he had just one windshield molding (rubber strip). When I questioned him, he said he would put that molding on my Creta. I cancelled the job and drove back home.

After some research, I figured out that Windshield Experts do a better job and the best part - they use Betaseal Primerless Urethane adhesive, one of the best in the automotive industry. That's what most manufacturers use. I asked Windshield Experts if I could bring my own glass and molding, they were okay. They stock genuine AIS glass, but I was not sure if I would get an exact OEM match. Next, I figured out that there were Hyundai MOBIS dealers in Hyderabad who could sell me the windshield glass and molding, both Hyundai Genuine Parts. I went to one such dealer, RM Automobiles on Minister Road and picked up the parts. The Windshield for INR 4500 and molding for INR 371 (approx). I folded my rear seat and laid the glass flat on a mattress, and drove home all fine.

Yesterday, I took my car to Windshield Experts at around 3.45 pm. They cut the old glass out carefully using a windshield knife (cold knife) and cut out wire. No visible scratches. Next, they shaved off the old urethane, leaving about 1 mm. That 1 mm is required so the new urethane adhesive can bond to it. They then used a caulking gun to apply the urethane on the glass and on the metal pinch weld/frame. They finished off by placing the glass on the metal frame using vacuum grips. The job got done by 4.45 pm. They charged me INR 2150 for the urethane and labour. In all, parts from Hyundai MOBIS + Windshield Experts charges = INR 7020. The technicians said I could drive out in 1-2 hours. But I knew they were wrong. This was not fast cure urethane and so, it takes around 4-6 hours to cure. I let the car rest there for 2.5 hours. When they had to down their shutter at 7.15 pm, I pulled the vehicle out of the shop and let it rest on their ramp for another 4.5 hours. I use the time to catch up with a friend. Finally, at around 12 am, I drove home keeping my speed low.

I've attached some pictures from the replacement job.

Some tips from my experience -

- One must try Windshield Experts, specially if you have the option of buying your own glass and windshield molding and getting Windshield Experts to do only the fixing. If you decide to go with an ASS, never trust the ASS advisor blindly. Let the ASS convince you that they use the right parts and technique.

- Pay attention to the adhesive used. Silicon is less stronger an adhesive and is cheaper. Urethane on the other hand is the adhesive of choice in all modern automobiles. Here is a quote from the Windshield Experts website -
"The difference between Urethane (adhesive) and Silicone (sealant) are:
•Urethane is 90 times stronger than silicone
•Urethane is approved by OEMs where as silicone is not
•Urethane has better elongation
•Silicone gets softened by high temperature & humidity
•Silicone is weak at joints and is messy

Urethane forms an integral part of the structural support in today's automobiles. In case of a collision, it prevents the occupants from being thrown out of the car by holding the windshield in its place. Besides, in case of a roll over, it prevents the roof from caving in."
Cheers!
Suresh
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-after-removing-glass.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-old-urethane-pinchweld.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cleaning.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-applying-urethane.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-setting-new-glass.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cut-out-wire-tool.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-betaseal-urethane-adhesive.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th February 2017 at 17:34. Reason: Adding source link for the info on the sealants. Great post! :)
rsuresh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 19:56   #1552
BHPian

@rsuresh, Why you did not go for insurance cover for windshield? Had you done complete job at windshield expert you would have paid much less using insurance.
I got my Polo screen changed through them & they were good. They helped in complete process of claim & I had to pay only 1400-1500. All the things were done in 3-4 Hrs.
Old 26th February 2017, 22:03   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post

Yesterday, I took my car to Windshield Experts at around 3.45 pm. They cut the old glass out carefully using a windshield knife (cold knife) and cut out wire. No visible scratches. Next, they shaved off the old urethane, leaving about 1 mm. That 1 mm is required so the new urethane adhesive can bond to it. They then used a caulking gun to apply the urethane on the glass and on the metal pinch weld/frame. They finished off by placing the glass on the metal frame using vacuum grips. The job got done by 4.45 pm. They charged me INR 2150 for the urethane and labour. In all, parts from Hyundai MOBIS + Windshield Experts charges = INR 7020. The technicians said I could drive out in 1-2 hours. But I knew they were wrong. This was not fast cure urethane and so, it takes around 4-6 hours to cure. I let the car rest there for 2.5 hours. When they had to down their shutter at 7.15 pm, I pulled the vehicle out of the shop and let it rest on their ramp for another 4.5 hours. I use the time to catch up with a friend. Finally, at around 12 am, I drove home keeping my speed low.
I don't think they were entirely wrong. You can drive slowly and carefully after 2.5 to 3 hours. I have got the windshield replaced thrice on my Swift (yes right, thrice) and once on my Alto in past eight years. The one on Alto is holding good even after 7 years and the Swift is good in last 10 months after last change. Used Windshield Experts each time and for comprehensive packages.
Old 26th February 2017, 22:39   #1554
BHPian

Dextor, I didn't want to lose my NCB and hence I decided to pay it myself. Besides, Mobis parts are a 100% match. I am not saying Windshield Experts would have supplied something inferior, but I didn't want to take a chance.
Old 27th February 2017, 12:06   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Quite scary
Would you be able to share more information on this please? Would be good to know how the owner/driver reacted and sorted this out.
I'm referring to this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...eh-ladakh.html

This is the only thread that I could find on using a torque converter automatic in remote locations/ Ladakh.

Came across this article on FB yesterday

https://www.rushlane.com/thieves-ste...12234212.html/

Can Hyundai not track the person based on the PIN request and nab the culprit? Have there been similar cases for other vehicles with keyless entry and go systems?

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th February 2017 at 10:14. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 28th February 2017, 15:31   #1556
BHPian

Hello,

I own a Creta SX(O) and had a query to fellow Creta owners.
How does the 'follow me home' feature of the headlamps in Creta work?
I've enabled the 'Headlamp Delay' option on the MID, but the headlights switch off immediately after I shutdown the engine and open the door of my car. (even though the headlight stalk is in the ON position).

Not sure if I'm doing things correctly. Would be great if anyone could let me know the exact steps or procedure to follow to ensure that the 'follow me home' feature of the headlamps work. Thanks in advance
Old 28th February 2017, 15:39   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this article on FB yesterday

https://www.rushlane.com/thieves-ste...12234212.html/

Can Hyundai not track the person based on the PIN request and nab the culprit? Have there been similar cases for other vehicles with keyless entry and go systems?
My post got merged with another one from a diverse topic, so requoting it.
The news is appearing on most auto websites now with no update on the identity of the thief.
Old 28th February 2017, 16:05   #1558

It's my pleasure to report on the exhilarating experience and performance I have enjoyed driving my first week launch model Creta (my steed).

Having returned back from the Middle East recently, my need was to buy a reasonably large family SUV that could accommodate 5 with sufficient luggage for my anticipated frequent long distance drives down south from Mumbai, and should have the requisite build quality and features I wished for, such as peppy engine, sturdiness and stability on highways. Selected this steed from all mid-range SUV's available in early 2015 such as the XUV 500, Terrano, Duster & Ecosport, found that feature to feature the Creta SX(O) gave me better value for money than the rest of the field back then, and happy to report have never regretted my choice.

Reasons for leaving out the competitors:
XUV 500: too long (does not fit in my bldg parking space) and not good enough build quality for my discerning eyes, the 7 seater logic does not appeal to me, since I do not get luggage space.
Terrano & Duster: too basic, automatic windows take up too much space, no rear AC, basic audio, will cost me a mini bomb to insert accessories, when added up, the cost equals that of the Creta
Ecosport: too cramped, shorter seats, less thigh support, not real VFM in my view when you look at specs v/s costs

Having bought the top-of-the-line model 1.6 CRDi SX(O), I have not had to buy any accessories, except floor mats (wet and dry weather separately) and memory foam neck rests. One of the very few cars that have all the gadgetry (almost) in built, saves one quite a sum in after-market accessories. 6 airbags, and great safety features such as traction control, ESC, ABS, and safety ratings were some of the clinchers for my decision.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_5576.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1637.jpg

The sales experience at Sreenath Hyundai was good, that is, after literally having had to arm twist them into making sure I got my advance booked Creta (booked 4 months in advance paying 25 K INR), connected with Hyundai National Sales management to ensure dealers did not play their tricks. The only liberty I gave the dealer was that I did not negotiate on the insurance cost, but ensured that I was not forced to buy the additional 75K worth of gizmos which I really did not need, such as chrome linings all over, HID lights, etc.
Delivery experience was great, with the minor shock of immediately discovering that all 5 tyres were inflated to 42 PSI, when normal pressure should have been 33 PSI, wonder why they do that , anyways first task was to deflate all 5 tyres and fill nitrogen, which I promptly did the next day. The showroom was courteous, actually courted me for a few months with invites to Hyundai briefings every month. Customer friendly, except that their killer instincts on making their moolah surfaced upon delivery of my car (trying to force me to buy 75K worth of needless accessories)

My total investment on my steed was 16.73 lacs (all inclusive on road price, and forget discounts on a much in demand launch model, they did not provide floor mats at the very least, cant blame them however, Hyundai did not ship any, so they say.

The Creta looks great, has impressive body build and design and certainly matched up to my expectations for the kind of investment made. no complaints on the features available, however OVRM's could have been auto foldable with the remote lock, quite silly of Hyundai to leave this out.

Have clocked almost 31K kms already and that includes 3 trips Bombay-Mangalore and 4 trips Bombay-Goa and back, a trip to Nasik, apart from average weekly runs of 230 kms in city traffic and never has my steed ever failed me. Stability on the highways at decent speeds, traction control and steering control are the hallmarks, apart from great rides that take bumps and potholes in stride. On more than one occasion, ESC & ABS has kicked in to save accidents that were caused by careless two-wheelers jutting in the way out of the blue. One such accident actually involved a Motorcycle skidding when trying to brake and hitting my front left tyre rim, alloys stood up great with just a scratch to the paintwork, the poor duo on the bike fell off and scurried away with damage to their bike, and a scare down their spine.
Another incident just off Bhatkal (north Karnataka) involved a scooterist crossing my path, with a stationary bus obstructing his and my view, but the brakes saved both of us, with the scooterist having the fright of his life veering into muddy patches and me just a few scratches on the side front bumper. Trust the Creta's braking systems and the Bridgestones immensely.

Body roll is minimal and the stiffness that I experience at high speeds is welcome and contributes to stability, in my opinion.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6018.jpg

Impressed with the footwear that came along as standard, i.e. Bridgestone 215/60 R17 96H radials, really grip the road surface and add to the stability of the Creta @ high speeds on highways. Have always driven Bridgestones on 3 of my SUV's till date, the same Duelers albeit with different tyre sizes, and never have these tyres disappointed me. I have refused delivery of Pajeros (Monteros here in India) when they were not sure about footwear being Bridgestones, am very particular about footwear on my steeds.

Interior design & quality (plastics, upholstery, fit & finish etc.) are classy and one gets that good value for money feeling. Interior leg room across front and rear seats and head room are comfortable and spacious. The middle seat at the rear is the only sore point though, but for slim passengers it's passable and my daughter (bless her) has not complained on very long drives.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6019.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6020.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6047.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6055.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6056.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6057.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6061.jpg

The Creta is certainly a drivers car, in my opinion and driving seat comfort ensures that I am not fatigued after a long stretch of driving, have been through several 4 hour stretches of driving without feeling tired.

Air conditioner cooling & effectiveness is great and the auto mode on which I keep my AC setting @ 22 degrees C, keeps the car comfortable without feeling cold across day and night drives. Audio/Video system & sound quality is good, meets my expectations and USB/Bluetooth connectivity ensures I do not run out of media play options.

I'm impressed with the storage and boot space available, and on long drives, we do pack the rear to the brim (after removing the storage tray at the rear), the space available around the spare tyre is used up as well and comes in real handy.

The Creta 1.6 CRDi packs a punch in terms of raw power on tap, whether it is city roads or highways and that is one reason I love the Manual version I have (wanted to buy the automatic version but it had a long waiting period to reckon with back then) and the engine has proved it's reliability on long drives (16 hour drives being the longest with breaks for biological reasons, lunch, dinner, tea). there is that little lag until the Turbo kicks in, but have mastered my steed sufficiently enough, to ensure that I do not feel the lag anymore, sort of managed to create my lag bypass trick. Gearshift & clutch are smooth and require normal effort with the throw between the 5th & 6th gear being the shortest, sometimes skip the 5th gear altogether...

Overall NVH levels are good, engine noise does not seep into the cabin, but I can distinctly hear the difference in road noise when driving from Tar (Metalled) roads to concrete stretches, the concrete being noisier.

The Creta performs brilliantly on both congested city roads and highways, and can be trusted with heavy loads as well. Mileage recorded varies between 12.5 kms/ltr on city roads and 14.5 on highways. no complaints as I am not the kind who would drive in ideal driving conditions to extract best mileage :-). Ground clearance is good, and this was one of the selection criteria, given our horrible roads back then (and still horrible on city stretches) and wanted to avoid the low grazing of speed breakers experienced when driving sedans.

Just a few glitches I have faced and wonder if some other Creta Diesel owner has faced similar issues?
a. Turbo intercooler hose pipe developed a crack that Hyundai service station subsequently fixed FOC under warranty with a better quality hose pipe (would otherwise cost me 13 K rs), hats off to the service station for organizing necessary approvals from Hyundai and presenting the case as a true material defect. Went through an agonizing round-trip of 3000 kms with drastically reduced power and a tailpipe spewing black smoke most of the way.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_3414.jpg

b. Windshield left wiper has a jerky movement that almost shudders on the windscreen, the service station has no answer to this problem yet (have read a few posts on this issue) look closely at the water mark lines left after the wiper went through
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6023.jpg

c. Clutch pedal making a distinct noise when depressed fully (also read this reported in some posts), now fixed by Hyundai Service

d. Rear window auto roll-down motor conked off @ 26 K kms, was promptly replaced by Service station under warranty, quick job at that.

After sales service (Sreenath Hyundai Jogeshwari) has been great, and have been treated well having had the fortune to know some biggies there through friends.
I have opted for extended service package for 3 additional services (minus consummables), have consumed one of those already, an dhave had no complaints so far.

In summary, the Creta has been a great buy, with family loving the comfortable long drives, and the tons of space available all over, including under the front seats, and as a family we do pack the Creta to the brim with every nook and corner around passengers stuffed. On ocassions, the luggage section resembles a forest with stuff we keep picking up along the highways.

a. Comfort & space for driver and passengers
b. Braking effectiveness and features (traction control, ABS, ESC)
c. Stability on highways at high speeds
d. Quality of build and interiors/exteriors
e. Modern and pleasing design, external & internal
f. Imposing character, commands great road presence
g. Bluetooth connectivity for Mobile and Audio, great voice quality

Dislikes:
a. Foldable OVRMS from remote key lock (the interior button is available but a pain to use, once you step out)
b. Premium price (could have been priced a tad bit lower)
c. Top-Of-The line model did not have automatic version OR automatic version did not have top-of-line features
d. Minor glitches reported above (hose pipe tear, shuddering wiper)

Final Word: Happy with my purchase & meets my stringent expectations
Paul63 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 17:08   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul63 View Post
Mileage recorded varies between 12.5 kms/ltr on city roads and 14.5 on highways.
I thought those figures were exclusive for the AT version only
Old 28th February 2017, 19:18   #1560
BHPian

Creta 1.6 D SX
500 KM update

Honestly, this has turned out to be like one of those movies which you don't really want to see but you go and watch it anyways and come out pleasantly surprised.
My test drives with the car were not exciting at all and neither me nor dad were particularly impressed with the car (We were looking for a replacement for our Cruze (pre facelift with that addictive turbo kick), no less )
We went with it because of lack of options in the D segment sedan space which is pretty dead and frankly it was depressing to go to a VW dealership for Jetta only to find out the only display car to be a pre owned car in not that great shape kept in a dimly lit corner with no one interested in selling it. Skoda and XUV were strictly a no from my dad , and even i'am not a fan of ordinary interiors in the XUV.
Anyways booked the car in early January and insisted on getting the 2017 manufactured model which the dealer was not very keen on booking and tried to lure us in getting the 2016 model instead in every way possible.
They were offering about 20k worth of accessories with the 2016 model (Chrome surrounds for headlamps ,tail lamps and stuff which we were not interested in at all)

They also tried to convince us that there will surely be an increase in the prices for 2017 models and we will not be getting delivery before early march or so.
They also said that Hyundai only starts its production for 2017 models in mid feb and by this point we were not even listening and got up and started to leave the showroom premises only for them to finally accept the booking. (The definitive way in India to just cut the crap and move to the deal )
Finally the car arrived in about 20 days after booking and took the delivery on 1st Feb at the exact same 2016 prices.
Got mudflaps and foot mats complimentary along with about 5k discount for loan (as we were getting it for a lower rate from a public sector bank and the dealership was not keen on letting their business go elsewhere)

The positives

Refinement - Everything , from the ride comfort to the engine , the lack of road noise and good sound insulation make it a very relaxing cabin to be in , having owned noisy and clattery diesel engined cars we had almost forgotten about this experience and everyone in the family is very impressed with this particular aspect.
The Doors feel solid and close with a mild and reassuring thud.
They are no match to a Europian sedan or even Cruze , but not as tiny as Honda City either.
I never expected the sound insulation to be this good especially since there is only normal rubber beading around the doors (The Cruze had that plus soft valvet like lining and some sort of plastic all around the doors) , it is very close to the Cruze and much better than our Honda City , feels very plush and maybe now i believe it is built on Elantra's platform and not i20.

Excellent Ride Quality and very good stock tyres
This is perhaps the first time in the past many years that we did'nt feel the need to upgrade the tyres , for one Hyundai cars be it i20 , Verna or Creta are all appropriately tyred , unlike Honda City and some other cars.
Secondly the Kumho tyres we got are so damm good! We had Michelin Primacy LC in our Cruze and the Kumho are alteast 90% as good when it comes to Ride comfort and road noise.
The only fly in the ointment being the drive post 100 Km/h which although silent is maybe not as smooth as it should be and the tyre movement is somewhat felt on the steering.
Ride Quality is top notch and the suspension has a very balanced character and works silently , Cruze's suspension was not as silent and the Body roll was more pronounced in that too. Hyundai have really evolved and really could'nt ask for more. A great compromise between Ride and Handling and it is somewhat like that movie that can please the Critics and the masses both. Steering is also amongst the best electric power steering equipped cars i have driven and is very light at low speeds and is also the first car i own in which the steering gets much tighter at high speeds , just like sports mode of a Europian car , the added weight makes it much more confidence inspiring than the ultra light at all speeds unit of City , even Cruze's Hydraulic Unit remained light at High speeds.

All rounder Diesel Engine
This again like the well balanced nature of the car is best of both the worlds.
It is smooth , silent , perfectly drivable and punchy all with good fuel efficiency too.
It lacks the outright midrange punch of the Cruze but the low end torque is much better , it is more refined too.
That combined with Honda City like short gearing the car hardly gets bogged down in traffic.
Low End is about 90% as good as the City and Mid range and top end is about 75% as good as the Cruze. (Have'nt driven it extensively though)
It Might not be as exhilarating as the Cruze or maybe jetta but is still exciting and is my favorite thing about this car.

Driving position
It might not look like a proper SUV but it really is best of both the worlds
It handles like a sedan , has driving position of a SUV , earns my respect in this sense.

Negatives
Looks
While this is purely subjective , it never excited and lacks the road presence of proper SUVs or proper Sedans for that matter.It claims to be none and is essentially a crossover but ,
Tucson looks like a proper Crossover and this somewhat falls between that and a hatchback. One of the very few cars i have owned that i don't look back again and again after parking it.
My car's rear end looks much better now thanks to BMW style tail lamps and bumper lights but stock looks just average.

Idle Vibrations
Now while NVH is evaluated under a single head , i would like to say that while this engine's Noise and Harshness levels are very impressive but Vibrations under 1000 RPM are very noticeable and the engine makes its presence felt all the time.
Now they are far from being excessive and are not like a TUV or a Celerio but they are certainly more than my Honda City Diesel which has lower Vibration levels under 1500 RPM. Ironically it is much more Harsh and Noisy at all times.

Brakes
This is much more black and white than other negatives and brakes are just average and lack the feedback and initial bite.
City's brakes feel much stronger and Cruze's were even better than City.
Creta was quite scary initially and i had to slam the brakes to bring it to a stop.

Overpriced
I'am not going to sugarcoat it , SX variant costed me 15.02 Lakhs on road and i feel it is overpriced by 2 lakhs atleast and underequiped too! Hyundai has been very greedy with it like Honda has been with City and Toyota with Innova and Fortuner.
The situation was much better 5 years ago and i don't like this ripping off trend at all.

At the end i'am satisfied and pleasantly surprised with the car but wish to make it a secondary beater car in the future and replace my City with next gen Civic maybe. It is a very competent and a well rounded product but lacks that special feeling.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 28th February 2017 at 19:37.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks