Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2017, 15:20   #1591
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi Naveen, can you give more details. Would it be for all the OEM Head units.
I doubt it. We had a similar discussion in i20 thread. Android Auto needs hardware changes. The only case where they did it via software upgrade was for Sonata in the US. Unless Hyundai built the AVN in Indian Creta in a similar manner, you'll need a new HU.

FYI, the facelift Creta 2017 that Hyundai is exporting from India has it
Old 15th March 2017, 16:25   #1592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi Naveen, can you give more details. Would it be for all the OEM Head units.
I heard it's for the touch screen units (might be the top end model with 7" screen). The news isnt reliable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I doubt it. We had a similar discussion in i20 thread. Android Auto needs hardware changes. The only case where they did it via software upgrade was for Sonata in the US. Unless Hyundai built the AVN in Indian Creta in a similar manner, you'll need a new HU.

FYI, the facelift Creta 2017 that Hyundai is exporting from India has it
Oh is it? I heard about the Sonata and Elantra updates on the existing HU's. Still, the news isnt clear on the Creta update.
Old 15th March 2017, 16:39   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Oh is it? I heard about the Sonata and Elantra updates on the existing HU's. Still, the news isnt clear on the Creta update.
Quote:
Can I add it to my factory system?

You're typically stuck with the software that ships with your factory system most of the time. However, Ford , Hyundai and Kia are offering free software upgrades to previous model year vehicles that adds Android Auto connectivity.
These companies announced new model year vehicles with Android Auto, but previous model year vehicles came with the same infotainment system hardware. Hyundai and Kia released free software updates for select 2014 and newer vehicles while Ford is working on bringing Android Auto to vehicles with SYNC 3 later this year.
If your car isn't in Ford, Hyundai or Kia's list, new hardware is required, unfortunately.

Source: TechRadar
I'm pretty sure that Hyundai, who has become a pro at shortchanging customers, won't offer it in existing HUs in India

EDIT: Hyundai offered AndroidAuto in 2014 Sonata in the US which featured its 8 inch AVN system; recently launched Indian Tucson gets the 8 inch AVN system too with AA inbuilt. Nothing points towards the 7inch system in Creta getting any such update :(

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 15th March 2017 at 17:05.
Old 15th March 2017, 20:32   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi Pacman

Go in for the 1.6L Diesel. It is a hoot to drive and it never feels underpowered.
When I drove the 1.6 diesel it simply blew me away. Unfortunately it is way beyond my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
@pacman2881, I have a E+ petrol and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
Great! Your reply is very reassuring. If in case you have measured, how much do you get in city traffic alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Unless you have really made up your mind on the Creta, I would suggest that you should consider the Brezza as an option seriously.
Having driven a Maruti all these years without any problem I first wanted the brezza but interior quality was a let down compared to Creta and my family is not happy with it either. Wish Maruti had brought the international Vitara as well to India and price it in Creta territory.
Old 15th March 2017, 20:55   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Great! Your reply is very reassuring. If in case you have measured, how much do you get in city traffic alone?
I drive frequently on Outer Ring Road in BLR. Once I measured and it came out to 12.5 KMPL. For idea about traffic - this is for home/office commute which is around 13-14 KMs and takes 40-50 minutes with negligible AC.
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 08:39   #1596
BHPian

Anything specific on 2017-Creta?

Referring to Advt in "The Hindu" 3/17 in Chennai edition, it specifically mentions 2017 Creta - Are there changes in 2017 version similar to Ciaz/Ertiga or it just refers to made in 2017 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20170318_082420054.jpg  

concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 22:16   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post

Are there changes in 2017 version similar to Ciaz/Ertiga or it just refers to made in 2017 ?
Just refers to made in 2017. We booked the March '17 make and the SA confirmed there is no change whatsoever.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 23:49   #1598
BHPian

I own a creta 1.6 SX CRDI and the driver side wipers were giving issues since past 4 months.
There was water mark lines and shudder.I checked for wiper blade replacement at Trident hyundai,bangalore and they were very expensive.Hence ,i decided to buy them at Bosch service center and the service advisor suggested for "Bosch Clear Advantage Wiper Blades" instead of conventional wiper blades.
I am quite impressed with the performance of the blades as it would wipe uniformly and the shudder and water mark lines issues had vanished.It cost me Rs 790 for both the blades as they would come only in a set .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1817.jpg  

AshiqueS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 18:37   #1599
BHPian

Quote:

Referring to Advt in "The Hindu" 3/17 in Chennai edition, it specifically mentions 2017 Creta - Are there changes in 2017 version similar to Ciaz/Ertiga or it just refers to made in 2017 ?
Yes there are changes! I've just come back from Hyundai showroom. I am told that 1.4 E plus will be the new entry variant instead of 1.4 E and this variant will have factory fitted ICE and electrically adjustable ORVM similar to the E plus variant in petrol.
No confirmation about other features like roof rails / turn indicators on ORVM that are part of E plus 1.6 petrol.

Ex-show room price of 1.4 E plus is 9.99 lakhs compared to 10.24 lakhs for the E variant earlier. For me in Chennai, this means the 1.4 diesel entry variant will fall under a lower life tax bracket and TCS will not be applicable- OTR of 1.4 E variant was 12.26 L but now E plus itself is 11.4 L.
A mere reduction of 25k in ex showroom results in 86k reduction in OTR and you also get additional features

The deal was so sweet that I've already booked the 1.4 E plus!

Also, I was told that the SX+ will now have dual tone color (blackened roof similar the anniversary edition). I am not sure if this is optional or standard. A sales person from another dealer tells me that the touch screen infotainment in the top end will now support Android auto / Apple car play.

I some how feel it is 2017 City effect. I don't think WRV would have bothered Creta.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 19th March 2017 at 18:39.
pacman2881 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 19:20   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Ex-show room price of 1.4 E plus is 9.99 lakhs compared to 10.24 lakhs for the E variant earlier.

A mere reduction of 25k in ex showroom results in 86k reduction in OTR and you also get additional features
This is excellent news!! I just checked the Creta website and Kun Hyundai page, but 1.4E Plus details are not yet updated. Did you receive any Pricelist from Hyundai Dealer?
Old 19th March 2017, 19:25   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
This is excellent news!! I just checked the Creta website and Kun Hyundai page, but 1.4E Plus details are not yet updated. Did you receive any Pricelist from Hyundai Dealer?
Yes, this is the split they gave-

Ex-showroom - 9,99,900
Insurance - 35022
Registration & road tax - 103800
This comes to 11.38. Another 2k quoted for 'mat kits'.

They don't have updated brochures yet.
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 20:20   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
The website is updated for 1.6 E+ Petrol variant.

The difference with 1.6 E variant are as follows:

Roof Rails
LED Turn Indicators on Outside Mirrors
Electrically Adjustable Outside Mirrors
Luggage Lamp
Front Map Lamp
Sunglass Holder
Touch Screen Audio with AUX+USB+iPOD+MP3
Bluetooth
CD Player
1GB Internal Memory
Steering Mounted Audio Control
Steering Mounted Bluetooth Handsfree
Front Tweeters (2 Nos)

Source: http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html

Last edited by Simhi : 19th March 2017 at 20:23.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 20:25   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
The website is updated for E+ Petrol variant.
Simhi, Yes the Creta website is updated for 1.6 E+ petrol and it is available from Aug 2016 (News here). Now we are awaiting details on 1.4 CRDI E+ which suddenly seems value for money if available with E+ Petrol features and Ex-showroom price of < 10L.
Old 19th March 2017, 20:25   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
The website is updated for E+ Petrol variant.

The difference with E variant are as follows:

[/url]
E plus petrol has been around for sometime now. E plus diesel is new which has not been updated. What is more interesting here is 9.99L ex showroom is also E plus petrol's price. When inquired if there are changes to 1.6 petrol variant's prices the response was negative.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 19th March 2017 at 20:30.
Old 19th March 2017, 20:28   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Now we are awaiting details on 1.4 CRDI E+ which suddenly seems value for money if available with E+ Petrol features and Ex-showroom price of < 10L.
My bad. Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, the website is not updated for 1.4 CRDI E+.

Most Viewed