Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 11:04   #1606
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
A sales person from another dealer tells me that the touch screen infotainment in the top end will now support Android auto / Apple car play.
Is this true?

I've booked the Mar '17 model and was told that there are absolutely no changes. If they are adding Android Auto support, I'll cancel my booking.
Old 20th March 2017, 11:10   #1607
BHPian

Has anyone recently insured their Petrol Creta SX+ for the 2nd year? What is the quote you got?
Mine is due to renewal soon.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:34   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Yes there are changes!
So I called up my SA, Hyundai customer care and another dealer in my city.

My SA was clueless, confirmed there are no changes in SX+. But confirmed an E+ variant.

Hyundai cust care was the same. Confirmed zero changes, wasn't even aware of the E+ Diesel trim. When I asked for android auto, he told me there is an automatic variant in SX+

The third dealer confirmed what @Pacman2881 said.
He said E+ D will be same as E+ P but he didn't have the new pricing yet. Also confirmed that the production hasn't begun yet but the variant has been announced. But he was firm that it will be priced more than the outgoing E diesel.

Regarding SX+, he said March manufacturing vehicles have android auto, apple carplay and mirror link
But he said the pattern is erratic. He received 50 i20s this month with 10 based on previous feature list while the other 40 with new one. So he couldn't guarantee the android auto feature if a booking was made immediately. He suggested booking in April to get a confirmed March manufactured vehicle.

Lastly, he confirmed that the special edition will now be available in 2 colours:
1. White with black roof
2. Red with black roof
But the body graphics will be discontinued.

My own dilemma is, I had booked the vehicle on 4th March and it was allotted to me yesterday. Although I've asked my SA to check if my vehicle will have android auto, but he appears clueless, or maybe he's trying to protect his sale. Can I refuse to take delivery if it doesn't have these features? I can wait another month for the car for these features.

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 20th March 2017 at 12:35.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 12:44   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Has anyone recently insured their Petrol Creta SX+ for the 2nd year? What is the quote you got?
Mine is due to renewal soon.
I got my insurance renewal for Nanook (Petrol Creta SX+) done in Sep 2016 and i paid Rs 26392/- for a zero dep policy with an IDV of 9,56,000/- from Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
The policy document shows Rs 28192/-. Guess the agent discount was reduced while taking money from me.

Last edited by nkghai : 20th March 2017 at 12:47.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 17:49   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
My own dilemma is, I had booked the vehicle on 4th March and it was allotted to me yesterday. Although I've asked my SA to check if my vehicle will have android auto, but he appears clueless, or maybe he's trying to protect his sale. Can I refuse to take delivery if it doesn't have these features? I can wait another month for the car for these features.
There seems to be lot of confusion among dealers themselves on the changes. Just now spoke to a different sales person and he has no idea whatsoever. It could be possible that they are sitting on old stock and hence not coming out with the news. I think it is possible for you to wait for the updated version assuming they are not revising the prices.
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:02   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
There seems to be lot of confusion among dealers themselves on the changes. Just now spoke to a different sales person and he has no idea whatsoever. It could be possible that they are sitting on old stock and hence not coming out with the news. I think it is possible for you to wait for the updated version assuming they are not revising the prices.
Yes, appears to be the case. Another dealer also confirmed to me that the special edition model will be getting diamond cut alloys.

Are you aware if I can refuse to take delivery after the car has been allocated to me on the basis that it doesn't have these feature? Will this forfeit my booking amount?
Old 20th March 2017, 18:08   #1612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....if I can refuse to take delivery after the car has been allocated to me on the basis that it doesn't have these feature? Will this forfeit my booking amount?
If you haven't paid up in full, sure you can. Until a car is invoiced/registered in your name, you have the right to reject it for valid reasons. Plenty of cars get rejected after a customer PDI at the showroom/stockyard level.

If you're still buying the updated car from them, your booking amount (and the SA's commission) should be safe too. Talk to the dealer and make your position clear. They should be able to oblige, esp. for a popular model.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th March 2017 at 18:11.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 19:09   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver
Yes, appears to be the case. Another dealer also confirmed to me that the special edition model will be getting diamond cut alloys.
On googling, found this on another website, not sure how accurate. what the 2017 face-lift Creta will get.

https://motoroctane.com/upcoming/352...images-engines
Talks about a different head unit (used in the new Elantra) and real DRLs.
I would say speak to your SA/Dealer and see what best can be done

I am not sure how much Android Auto will be usefully. My Samsung Note5 pairs perfectly with the 7" AVN of the Creta. While Streaming from Saavn no issues, can change the tracks using the steering mounted controls. The phone features of this Head Unit is also very good.

Let us know how it goes with the Dealer.
Old 20th March 2017, 19:46   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Are you aware if I can refuse to take delivery after the car has been allocated to me on the basis that it doesn't have these feature? Will this forfeit my booking amount?
Cancellation charges shouldn't apply in your case as you have a genuine reason for requesting a different vehicle. Also the changes are significant (to me things like android auto are big updates) and worth waiting for.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 20th March 2017 at 19:49.
Old 20th March 2017, 23:14   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
On googling, found this on another website, not sure how accurate. what the 2017 face-lift Creta will get.

I would say speak to your SA/Dealer and see what best can be done

I am not sure how much Android Auto will be usefully. My Samsung Note5 pairs perfectly with the 7" AVN of the Creta. While Streaming from Saavn no issues, can change the tracks using the steering mounted controls. The phone features of this Head Unit is also very good.

I am planning to book the sx optional diesel variant but have read somewhere that an updated creta is on the cards ? Can anyone confirm this as my Dealer Himgiri Hyundai was clueless about it .
Old 21st March 2017, 03:11   #1616
BHPian

Quote:

Link

Even I am planning to book the SX (O) Diesel, I have few queries regarding the same:

1. Will GST have an effect on the pricing?
2. Any chances of the 2017 Model (with updated AVN) come equipped with Cruise Control or any other feature additions?
Old 21st March 2017, 10:50   #1617
BHPian

Thanks guys. I spoke to the SA yesterday and he told me that the vehicle has been dispatched (the same morning he wasn't sure if the Company has alloted a truck for his dealership ). I made it clear that I'll not take delivery of the vehicle without Android Auto in it. He told me it will be difficult to cancel the order since it has been allocated and all, but I asked him not to invoice it in my name because I'll not pay for it. Also, he couldn't clarify the exact month/ make when this feature was added by Hyundai, nor did he communicate the month of manufacture for my vehicle. My father will meet the MD of the dealership today to clarify the position again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Plenty of cars get rejected after a customer PDI at the showroom/stockyard level.
Quote:
Cancellation charges shouldn't apply in your case as you have a genuine reason for requesting a different vehicle. Also the changes are significant (to me things like android auto are big updates) and worth waiting for.
The thing is, I'm not sure if this feature was offered by the Company at the time of booking, so can I still reject it at PDI level?

Quote:

I am not sure how much Android Auto will be usefully.
The link talks about a facelift Creta which was showcased in 2016 and is bound for Brazil as of now. It has an updated headlight and tail lamp design, and new alloys too.

It doesn't appear that the same facelift has been launched in India. They have merely tweaked some variants and added some features in the top model, probably due to Honda's new offerings and Auto being offered in i20 too.

Why Android Auto is useful is the integration of Google Maps in the AVN. That itself is a gamechanger for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I am planning to book the sx optional diesel variant but have read somewhere that an updated creta is on the cards ?
There was one facelift showcased at the Brazil Auto Show 2016 which is being exported. The updates that I came to know of yesterday are not the same as this facelift. I doubt if Hyundai will launch the facelift variant in India in 2017 considering the current variant itself is selling in record numbers.

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 21st March 2017 at 10:53.
Old 21st March 2017, 11:20   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't appear that the same facelift has been launched in India. They have merely tweaked some variants and added some features in the top model, probably due to Honda's new offerings and Auto being offered in i20 too.
This is exactly my understanding too - There are some variant changes and it might not be to do anything with upgrade. Also, there is a talk of Creta getting Mild Hybrid similar to SHVS, but it does not appear yet on FAME website.
Old 21st March 2017, 14:57   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

March manufactured cars will come with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. I was at the showroom. He was also talking about the dual color tone for both i20 and Creta (I didnt pay close attention to what he was saying on that).
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 15:11   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
March manufactured cars will come with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. I was at the showroom. He was also talking about the dual color tone for both i20 and Creta (I didnt pay close attention to what he was saying on that).
Did the dealer have any written communication from Hyundai about this? My SA is still confused about exactly when these features were added

Re dual tone on the Creta, it will be available in anniversary/ special edition (MT only) in White & Red body colour with black roof & diamond cut alloys minus the body graphics. A good move I think, makes the car look more evoque-ish

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 21st March 2017 at 15:12.

Most Viewed