Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 11:14   #1831
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Is your phone connected to the HU? Could it be because of a notification in your connected device?
Initially I had thought the same. turned off Bluetooth but that did not solve.
Old 5th July 2017, 11:28   #1832
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Poor mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
I am posting this on behalf of my BIL who bought the Creta - Petrol variant MT, during July 2016 at Mumbai.
The car has been plagued with very poor mileage. I looked at the figures posted by some of the BHPians here, but his car's mileage takes the cake. He gets around 6 kms per litre in city. Admittedly, Mumbai is not the best city for showing off your car's prowess in fuel consumption , but 6 kmpl? Isn't that abysmally low?

He has taken the car to the dealers (MODI Hyundai, Bandra) and they have given him the stock answer stating that there seems to be nothing wrong. He is at his wits end and wanted to check with BHPians if such low fuel consumption is the standard? If not, what are the options at his disposal? He said that as per the brochure, Hyundai claimed the consumption to be in the vicinity of 12 kmpl.
Update:
It has been one year since he bought this car and he has just sent me an update:
Quote:

Our Hyundai mileage record over the months is given below. I will now take this to the company including to Korea in case the local service station is not able to resolve it completely in the next servicing (scheduled for Saturday):

3-Aug: 183 km - 29.8 L = 6.14 kmpl
5-Aug: 150 km - 22.84 L = 6.57 kmpl
13-Aug: 95 km - 15.22 L = 6.24 kmpl

27-Sep: 165 km - 28.01 L = 5.85 kmpl
21-Oct: 139.3 km -18.07 L = 7.7 kmpl
29-Nov: 332.9 km - 39.12 l = 8.51 kmpl
20-Jan: 545.9 km - 56.7 l = 9.63 kmpl (1)
2- Feb: 442.6 km - 57.84 l = 7.65 Kampala
7- Mar: 580 km - 55.98 l = 10.36 kmpl (2)
16-Mar: 402.4 km - 54.09 l = 7.44 kmpl
16-Apr: 506 km - 56.07 l = 9.02 kmpl (3)
29-Apr: 382.2 km - 56.11 l = 6.81 kmpl
24-May: 432.3 km - 56.98 l = 7.59 kmpl
1-Jul: 314 km - 55.93 l = 5.61 kmpl

(1) Substantial drives in low traffic conditions only to test mileage.
(2) Includes highway trip to Nashik.
(3) Includes road trip to Kashid.

unquote.

Considering all drives, the average FE comes to 7.8kmpl and if we remove the highway trips, then the FE in the city comes to 7.03kmpl. There is merit in the contention that the FE is abysmally low and not as was promised. He plans to take this data to the dealer on Saturday when the service is due.

His request to Team-BHPians is what other action he should take in this regard?

ps: He has followed the advice given earlier by our members on emission tests, fuel filling & calculation methods etc.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 09:49   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Considering all drives, the average FE comes to 7.8kmpl and if we remove the highway trips, then the FE in the city comes to 7.03kmpl.

ps: He has followed the advice given earlier by our members on emission tests, fuel filling & calculation methods etc.
The only data point that needs to be confirmed by you is if you have been filling from only a single place. If you have been would it be possible to use another fuel station to see if the dispensing station is the culprit.

Pls. take it to Hyundai and they will do the 1 ltr bottle test and valdate your claims.

But yes the numbers are abysmally low

Good luck
csateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 10:33   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Considering all drives, the average FE comes to 7.8kmpl and if we remove the highway trips, then the FE in the city comes to 7.03kmpl. There is merit in the contention that the FE is abysmally low and not as was promised. He plans to take this data to the dealer on Saturday when the service is due.

Indeed these mileage figures are very low for the Creta Petrol. I have myself started tracking the mileage of my car under different scenarios. If it helps, I am attaching a snapshot of the mileage I have been getting on my steed over the last month.

1. The first dot from the left (~12 km/l): 100% city driving with a mix of jams and open stretches during peak office hours
2. The second dot (~15 km/l): 100% highways with an aggressive right foot in the triple digit zone and 50 km hill climb. Under sedate conditions I have got a mileage of 17.5 km/l
3. The third dot (~9km/l): continuous traffic jams (maximum gear used was 3rd to give some perspective). Recorded over a small distance of 100 kms to check how low the mileage falls under continuous traffic jams.

All the above figures are with AC on 100% of the time and calculated using tank full method.

Since city conditions are a bit hard to define, I would suggest your BIL to do one more test. Please calculate the mileage of the car once only on a highway with minimal traffic and by driving at ~90 km/h under 6th gear (as much as possible). Hopefully this should come out to 15+ km/l or else there is indeed a problem with his car.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1636.png  

sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 12:34   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Indeed these mileage figures are very low for the Creta Petrol. I have myself started tracking the mileage of my car under different scenarios. If it helps, I am attaching a snapshot of the mileage I have been getting on my steed over the last month.

1. The first dot from the left (~12 km/l): 100% city driving with a mix of jams and open stretches during peak office hours
2. The second dot (~15 km/l): 100% highways with an aggressive right foot in the triple digit zone and 50 km hill climb. Under sedate conditions I have got a mileage of 17.5 km/l
3. The third dot (~9km/l): continuous traffic jams (maximum gear used was 3rd to give some perspective). Recorded over a small distance of 100 kms to check how low the mileage falls under continuous traffic jams.

All the above figures are with AC on 100% of the time and calculated using tank full method.

Since city conditions are a bit hard to define, I would suggest your BIL to do one more test. Please calculate the mileage of the car once only on a highway with minimal traffic and by driving at ~90 km/h under 6th gear (as much as possible). Hopefully this should come out to 15+ km/l or else there is indeed a problem with his car.
Is this for petrol or diesel?
Old 6th July 2017, 17:18   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
Is this for petrol or diesel?
Sounds like diesel. I get about 800kms from a full tank costing ~3200. That's about 4/km on diesel, so I'd say 14ish per litre. Market average for petrol is 8-10.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 18:31   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver
I get about 800kms from a full tank costing ~3200. That's about 4/km on diesel, so I'd say 14ish per litre. Market average for petrol is 8-10.
That is quite good , my average for my SX+ AT CRDI gets about 11 KM/L. I normally do a full tank top up when the reserve light comes on.
normally gets around 50L for 550KM on my trip meter. with AC on full time.
A more accurate value from the Fuel Log App. The Creta would be 1 year old this September, Close to 19K on the Odo.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fuel-log-snap-6th-july.png
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 18:05   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

[i]Our Hyundai mileage record over the months is given below.

Considering all drives, the average FE comes to 7.8kmpl and if we remove the highway trips, then the FE in the city comes to 7.03kmpl.
These are indeed low. Attaching the FE of my Creta petrol SX+ purchased 6 months back. The lowest mileage is a tad below 9 , while max is 14.5 on a 600 km highway trip. It has average b/w 10-12 for me in the city conditions.

Attaching logs from my app. Was premium fuel also tested? I had filled 1/3rd tank with Speed from BPCL on my highway trip and the car fared much better in terms of mileage(14.5+ kmpl) vs the previous highway trip(12.6+).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_7535.png  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_7534.png  

Faramir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 05:36   #1839
BHPian

Thank you, all of you for sharing your experiences and suggestions. Am forwarding the same to my BIL.
Old 9th July 2017, 08:28   #1840
BHPian

Is anyone experiencing Clutch stiffness after 10,000 kms.
I have a manual diesel and the stiffness has increased to an extent that its started hurting the bottom of my foot.
Pls share your opinion, if this is reason enough for me to escalate the matter to Hyundai ASS.
Note: This trouble seems to have amplified after my second servicing. There's no other trouble while driving - As in related to pick up or clutch engaging / disengaging.

Last edited by TorkBHP : 9th July 2017 at 08:46. Reason: Additional information
TorkBHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 18:06   #1841
BHPian

Hello everyone, need some help with a small query.

I enquired today with a dealer near me for aftermarket installation of projector headlamps for creta e+. He informed me that the cost will be 45k for the below projector headlamps. They offered me 1 year warranty and no loss of warranty on the car.

Is it worth going with them, given I'm not loosing warranty?

Last edited by atulsian : 9th July 2017 at 18:19.
Old 12th July 2017, 15:38   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Hello everyone, need some help with a small query.

I enquired today with a dealer near me for aftermarket installation of projector headlamps for creta e+.
Is it worth going with them, given I'm not loosing warranty?

https://Youtu.be/FDgAHSJCoXI
I have a E+ while some of my friends have SX+ which I have driven. I did not notice a big difference in the overall light. Same feedback was from my friends also. So return on investment is not go great. You can also test drive a Create with projectors & then decide.
On the other side I would think about installing some projectors or HIDs in place of fog lamp slots. But those can only be done outside Hyundai.
Old 12th July 2017, 18:49   #1843
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

+1 to above. It only improves the looks of the car. You need to decide if the slight improvement in light is worth 45K.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is replacement cost in case its damaged/broken. You cannot claim insurance since its an after market accessory.
Old 12th July 2017, 22:16   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
They were good for another 5000 odd Kms when I replaced them. Kept the 5th tyre puncture free and in good condition for emergency use only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Usually they follow the 5 tyre method. The technician will inspect the tyres and recommend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
The manual allows for either 4 / 5 tyre rotation. The pattern to be followed in either case is also depicted.

I get alignment, balancing and rotation done at 5000 km intervals. The 5 tyre rotation keeps the wear pattern of the spare closer to the running tyres and possibly extends the overall mileage for the set of tyres. Essentially, once the vehicle completes 25000 kms, each of the tyres would have completed 20000 kms.
Got 4 tyre rotation, alignment & balancing done at zig wheels, golf course road; costed rs 11xx with 7402km on the odo.
Didn't ask for 5 tyre rotation because of the crude, desi way of mounting and dismounting a rim. If the car had steel wheels/ fifth alloy, then would have gone for the 5 tyre rotation.
Also, in my opinion, getting this done every 5k km is an overkill. 7-8k is more like it, unless you feel something wrong sooner.
Old 13th July 2017, 16:47   #1845
BHPian

Thank you @dextor and m8002 for your input. I believed that the projector headlight will give better output compared to normal headlamp in Creta and also it was adding to the look. I thought of getting this done outside but I was worried about Warranty. I will hold for now and will see how this performs.

For the Fog lamps, dealer quoted me 5k and for the one's which can be done outside, are they plug and play or any wires will be stripped?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks