Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 08:36   #2176
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,491
Thanked: 6,815 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
@deehunk, thanks!

Hi Creta owners,

Should I be worried about the braking and ABS issues listed earlier in this thread? I am on the verge of finalising a 2017 manufactured Creta 1.4 D S+.

Worried about 2 things. One the Brake failure issues reported here and second the prospect of an updated Creta being launched in the near 2-3 months. I can probably make it wait till June 2018 for an updated Creta, but there is no news whether an updated Creta is being launched?

My biggest fear is if Hyundai discontinued the 1.4 D completely and refreshes he existing models with some feature updates!
Technically, it isn't an issue/failure. Brakes feel inadequate for a vehicle of this size. Having said, it does perform pretty well in city speeds. Take it over triple digit speeds, the braking feels a bit rubbery and you wish it stopped more confidently.

Personally speaking, I would close my eyes and grab the chance to buy the present gen Creta (I prefer this over the facelift model). Of course, you might get to enjoy new features but again that should make it's way to the top end models and I can think of cruise control, addition of few missing information in the MID (DTE, Average mileage etc) and maybe auto headlamps/wiper.

If you want to buy one immediately, take it out for a long TD.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 10:34   #2177
Senior - BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 2,512 Times
Default

@ Naveen.raju, thanks for your feedback! Surely provides some clarity!

Lastly, do you guys think the 2.5 L difference between E+'plus diesel and S+ Diesel is justified? I mean all you get extra is a Touch screen HU, Alloys and Rear defogger and roofrails.

I can easily get a Apple car play for HU and Momo Alloys for less than 60K!

The only bit bothering me is the defogger! That is a big sore point and one of the reasons I am considering the S+, but not convinced of the 2.5 L extra is worth it!
motorworks is online now  
Old 12th February 2018, 10:48   #2178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 106
Thanked: 86 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The only bit bothering me is the defogger! That is a big sore point and one of the reasons I am considering the S+, but not convinced of the 2.5 L extra is worth it!
If you plan to keep the car for very long duration, go with top model but if you would change in few years, than E+ is also fine.
I don't see need of defogger with AC on.
dextor is offline  
Old 12th February 2018, 11:02   #2179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 126
Thanked: 31 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I am in a dilemma over buying a Creta 1.4 D s+ or a SX 1.6 Verna Diesel. Sold my 6 year old Rapid TDI last week, so the Verna is not an upgrade but a swap between segments. I loved the torque and the power delivery plus all the goodies in the Verna SX Diesel, but my family feels that I switch to the Creta since it will at least offer a change of body type.

The Creta 1.4 D S + is at least 1 lakh more than the above Verna SX, so it is a stretch for sure.but what I am apprehensive is the power delivery in the 1.4 D and also highway manners and high speed stability plus sharp braking. Would you guys say that the Creta 1.4 D has to be driven sedately?
I am in the similar situation except that I am considering different variants. I am confused between Verna Diesel AT SX and Creta Diesel AT S+. Both are 1.6 but Verna is a good 1 Lacs cheaper. Though I am inclined towards SUVish looks does it make sense to pay an extra lac for SUVish body type and when you know that you are missing out on lot of features. All you are missing on Creta will be Automatic Climate Control, Auto fold ORVMs, 17" Diamond cut alloys (S+ variant comes with 16" alloys) and few more features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
@ Naveen.raju, thanks for your feedback! Surely provides some clarity!

Lastly, do you guys think the 2.5 L difference between E+'plus diesel and S+ Diesel is justified? I mean all you get extra is a Touch screen HU, Alloys and Rear defogger and roofrails.

I can easily get a Apple car play for HU and Momo Alloys for less than 60K!

The only bit bothering me is the defogger! That is a big sore point and one of the reasons I am considering the S+, but not convinced of the 2.5 L extra is worth it!
I wanted to understand from you on why Ecosport Titanium Diesel is not under your consideration? ES Titanium diesel is around the same price band as Creta E+ diesel and more engaging to drive. Is it merely because of the space and under 4 meter?
SpoiledBratt is offline  
Old 12th February 2018, 14:50   #2180
Senior - BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 2,512 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I am in the similar situation except that I am considering different variants. I am confused between Verna Diesel AT SX and Creta Diesel AT S+. Both are 1.6 but Verna is a good 1 Lacs cheaper. Though I am inclined towards SUVish looks does it make sense to pay an extra lac for SUVish body type and when you know that you are missing out on lot of features. All you are missing on Creta will be Automatic Climate Control, Auto fold ORVMs, 17" Diamond cut alloys (S+ variant comes with 16" alloys) and few more features.







I wanted to understand from you on why Ecosport Titanium Diesel is not under your consideration? ES Titanium diesel is around the same price band as Creta E+ diesel and more engaging to drive. Is it merely because of the space and under 4 meter?

I did a TD of the ecosport and the Nexon, and although they are good in their own ways, they do not even feel like the same segment as the Rapid. I am somehow unable to come to terms with these under 4M SUVs. They do not look cohesive when viewed from the side.

And yes space is limited for sure. Even If i cannot upgrade from the C segment, I wanted to ensure that i stay with a car that is at par with the Rapid.
motorworks is online now  
Old 12th February 2018, 16:37   #2181
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,491
Thanked: 6,815 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The only bit bothering me is the defogger! That is a big sore point and one of the reasons I am considering the S+, but not convinced of the 2.5 L extra is worth it!
1) HU - You can get really good aftermarket HU's nowadays. Moreover, OE HU would mean it would look plush and the dash would look clean. And Gmaps are better than OE maps anyday.

2) Alloys - Again, you have awesome aftermarket collections.

I find rear wiper more useful than the defogger. So that shouldn't be a deal breaker.
naveen.raju is offline  
Old 12th February 2018, 17:15   #2182
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,514
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Anybody know how to change engine oil in creta diesel? Is the oil drain plug visible or do one have to remove panel to access it ? One of my friends is complaining that even after first service ASS oil change the oil is black in colour. I told him it is like that in all EGR diesels, but he wants to change it as DIY
lurker is online now  
Old 12th February 2018, 17:32   #2183
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rohtak, Haryana
Posts: 26
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Anybody know how to change engine oil in creta diesel? Is the oil drain plug visible or do one have to remove panel to access it ? One of my friends is complaining that even after first service ASS oil change the oil is black in colour. I told him it is like that in all EGR diesels, but he wants to change it as DIY
The drain plug is very much visible you can pour the appropriate grade of engine oil, but i doubt this type of DIY without changing the engine oil filter.
As, once i performed DIY of engine oil change without changing the engine oil filter, within two days the color of new engine oil became same as the old one.
So, kindly change your engine oil filter as well.
Dieseldrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 18:50   #2184
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,514
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

oil filter & air filter for elantra & verna etc are accessible from bonnet so there is no confusion regarding that. The question here is whether the ASS changed the oil or not.
lurker is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 19:51   #2185
Senior - BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 2,512 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1) HU - You can get really good aftermarket HU's nowadays. Moreover, OE HU would mean it would look plush and the dash would look clean. And Gmaps are better than OE maps anyday.

2) Alloys - Again, you have awesome aftermarket collections.

I find rear wiper more useful than the defogger. So that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Actually there is no rear wiper even in S+! This variant has only defogger! And I checked with a couple of places on retrofitting defogger, does not look like it is an easy task and I do not want to risk electrical malfunction in the car at a later stage:

I also came across a 1.6 SX Diesel thru another dealer and the price is just 30k more than the 1.4 D S+. Although the SX variant misses out on 7 inch navigation and audio video HU. But the SX variant gets a lot of other features such as ACC etc, so it is a better deal especially if you consider the bigger engine.

Hoping to finalise tomorrow or the day after, let us see what happens!
motorworks is online now  
Old 13th February 2018, 08:02   #2186
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,491
Thanked: 6,815 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Anybody know how to change engine oil in creta diesel?
Here's a video:



Source - Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And I checked with a couple of places on retrofitting defogger, does not look like it is an easy task and I do not want to risk electrical malfunction in the car at a later stage:

I also came across a 1.6 SX Diesel thru another dealer and the price is just 30k more than the 1.4 D S+. Although the SX variant misses out on 7 inch navigation and audio video HU. But the SX variant gets a lot of other features such as ACC etc, so it is a better deal especially if you consider the bigger engine.
Nah. Retrofitment will be one big and complicated task. So you will be getting the 5" HU? Anyhow, 7" looks good but that's only it. Like I said, for navigation Gmap is anyday better and as for video, you are never going to use it. I just used it once to write my review here and that's it .

Keep us posted.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 08:52   #2187
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,514
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here's a video:
.....
that's exactly what I wanted to know, there is indeed an access panel with some 4-5 bolts and 7 odd pins to contend with to make the process more tedious. thanks a bunch naveen.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th February 2018 at 09:51. Reason: edited quote for better readability
lurker is online now  
Old 13th February 2018, 14:50   #2188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 259 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hyundai did not announce the Creta facelift in the Auto Expo. Any idea about it?
aviraj is offline  
Old 13th February 2018, 15:48   #2189
Senior - BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 2,512 Times
Default

Folks, if I were to get the SX 1.6 Diesel, it gets a 5 inch Audio System which does not support apple car play. Is there anyway we can get Apple car play activated in this system?

Else can we change only the HU to support Apple car play and rear view camera?
motorworks is online now  
Old 13th February 2018, 18:23   #2190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 364
Thanked: 588 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Else can we change only the HU to support Apple car play and rear view camera?
The dealer itself should help you with this. Get a good HU from a different brand that supports the features you want.

I upgraded mine to a 6 inch Blaupunkt ( with usb, aux, sdcard, touchscreen and rear camera ) at the dealer itself and left the speakers as is. I am not an audiophile so that setup was good enough.
m8002? is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks