Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:05   #2206
BHPian

Rogerab For Reducing Rolling

Hi,

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...A3C6Y7KZJYP9R4

Is any creta owner using the above linked product?
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:27   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Took delivery of my Creta 1.6 Diesel SX this noon!

It has been some exhausting 2-3 weeks after I sold off my 6 year old Rapid TDI and my search for a new drive became more and more tough everyday! But finally settled in on The Creta, since it offered a bit of both worlds, a powerful Diesel engine, a different body type compared to my last 2 cars which were both sedans. And hopefully some sort of reliability and peaceful ownership!

Initial impressions , The ride on bad roads is remarkably good, and the interiors and the list of features are great as well! But what is brilliant is the Diesel engine which almost seems like a petrol! No noise whatsoever in spite of the bonnet not having insulation! A huge difference from my earlier Rapid!

But the brakes seems a little spongey and also the car does seem to get unsettled just a little bit if you go over some undulations. Anyway, I could be wrong, just did less than 30 kms today. Hopefully I would find out more in the coming few weeks!

Last edited by motorworks : 23rd February 2018 at 21:28.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 19:00   #2208
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Congrats on the car and yes, your face would change from to (super happy). That diesel motor will be more responsive and enjoyable once you munch some miles but keep a light foot during the break in period.

Brakes are bad (not terrible) and don't expect a drastic improvement. It's just inadequate for a CSUV.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 19:16   #2209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Initial impressions, The ride on bad roads is remarkably good, and the interiors and the list of features are great as well! But what is brilliant is the Diesel engine which almost seems like a petrol! No noise whatsoever in spite of the bonnet not having insulation! A huge difference from my earlier Rapid!

But the brakes seem a little spongey and also the car does seem to get unsettled just a little bit if you go over some undulations.
Congrats on your new acquisition, I guess it was a tough call for you. Keep an eye on the suspension, they tend to wear out soon, also share the FE and steering feedback. Wish you happy miles!
Old 24th February 2018, 22:30   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats on the car and yes, your face would change from to (super happy). That diesel motor will be more responsive and enjoyable once you munch some miles but keep a light foot during the break in period.

Brakes are bad (not terrible) and don't expect a drastic improvement. It's just inadequate for a CSUV.

Thanks Naveen! Somehow the Diesel engine refinement and insulation inside the cabin is on a different level! Brakes, I think i will have to adapt my driving style a little bit. I was used to very late braking in my Rapid, and also this being a SUV I think my driving style anyway needs to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition, I guess it was a tough call for you. Keep an eye on the suspension, they tend to wear out soon, also share the FE and steering feedback. Wish you happy miles!

Thanks Deehunk! Yes, it was a very tough call! I still do not think the Creta was the best choice, but you know at times it is a combination of multiple factors. When I moved from a Dzire to the Rapid in 2012, it was pure emotion! 6 years later the decision is now more practical and hopefully something that will be offer fuss free ownership.
Old 25th February 2018, 16:58   #2211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
The best way is to take the car to a Hyundai ASS, insist that you will wait and watch the car being serviced and get it done under your watch. I do this for my Creta and my wife's Alto. Never give in to the service advisor's assurance. Persistence wins. Simple. I had posted details of my 3rd service, including details of the oils available at the ASS. You may want to look for that in this thread.
Going to the ASS during the warrantee period makes sense. But as i said my Scorpio is 13+, a senior citizen by any stretch, and as acknowledged by various members here in different thread, I too have found a FNG who attends to most ailments of elderly Scorpio including (in my case ), replacing the T/C core (rotor + bearing housing) at a fraction of the cost of the local ASS. I've mentioned this in the Scorpio issues thread. So far, so good
Old 28th February 2018, 12:37   #2212
BHPian

Got 2nd free Service done yesterday (at around 11,300 Kms) and the bill came out to be around 6000 (synthetic oil caused this).

My main purpose of writing this post is to share my thoughts about the synthetic oil Hyundai uses (Shell) and how many of you guys use that over the mineral one?

Creta Diesel always had an refined engine but just switching to this oil made quite a significant difference, it is much smoother than it ever was, extremely good for a diesel engine, a fair deal quiter too. The car however, to my surprise comes with mineral oil from the factory (maybe to facilitate running in).

One other thing i noticed was there used to be vibration when in 4th gear (could be in other gears too but i happened to notice it in 4th the most, since it is longer than the first 3 and the vibration stayed for a while) in the range of about 3200 to 4000 rpm and it used to fade after that, this too is gone to a large extent just with this oil change. Has anyone else noticed it?

My other complains were the jerks in 1st gear due to the clutch but since it does'nt happen always i could not replicate it in their test drive. (Cars, like children embarrass you at just the right moment )
They claim to have fixed it by some adjustment but the clutch feels heavier now. This really is an annoying issue with the Creta.

Another complaint which i have had since the beginning and read nothing about here or anywhere on the internet is idle vibrations on the creta (they are not excessive but very much present and more than my City diesel, yes City diesel), the service team thought it was normal and moved on, do other people notice it too?
I also read somewhere that there is hardly any judder when the engine is turned off but my car has a very prominent, Honda diesel like pretty extreme judder when i turn the engine off. I really feel like the only one having this issue.

There was also an issue with the gear shift getting stuck at times and 6th to 5th gear engagement being really tight most of the times, they claim to have fixed this too but will see with time because this too does'nt happen always!

Anyways, i highly recommend using the synthetic oil to everyone, it does make a significant difference.

Also apart from these small niggles the car is really good and has exceeded both me and my dad's expectations and we have gotten to love most things about this car, the refined diesel engine especially.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 28th February 2018 at 12:45.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 15:03   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Got 2nd free Service done yesterday (at around 11,300 Kms) and the bill came out to be around 6000 (synthetic oil caused this).

I also read somewhere that there is hardly any judder when the engine is turned off but my car has a very prominent, Honda diesel like pretty extreme judder when i turn the engine off. I really feel like the only one having this issue.

Also apart from these small niggles the car is really good and has exceeded both me and my dad's expectations and we have gotten to love most things about this car, the refined diesel engine especially.
Hi Mate,

Good to know that you are enjoying your ride more, post switching to synthetic oil.

I too have experienced the engine judder at time when it is switched off, also in my case it suffers same judder after cold starts. Apart from the occasion judder issue, the clutch pedal has developed slight creaking noise when it is being depressed.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 28th February 2018 at 15:04.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 15:21   #2214
BHPian

Re: Rogerab For Reducing Rolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...A3C6Y7KZJYP9R4

Is any creta owner using the above linked product?
I've never heard of this product/ tech. I'd like to have better stability over bad roads but I'm not sure if this thing will really work at all. Besides it doesn't seem popular on Amazon either.
Old 28th February 2018, 17:25   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate,

Good to know that you are enjoying your ride more, post switching to synthetic oil.

I too have experienced the engine judder at time when it is switched off, also in my case it suffers same judder after cold starts. Apart from the occasion judder issue, the clutch pedal has developed slight creaking noise when it is being depressed.

Regards
Kunal
I had a mild thud noise from clutch in the intial days and it felt like it gets stuck a bit whenver pressed, Hyundai had changed a part under warranty at that time and the issue was ressolved with that.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 21:52   #2216
BHPian

I just had a near miss today afternoon while coming from greater noida expressway to noida and the abs kicked in at the right moment and helped me change my lane and preventing my car from getting rear ended by an i20.An i10 driver caused all this havoc when he decided to swerve to the rightmost lane without any warning and quite dangerously and luckily the driver of the i20 also managed to stop just in time .If the Creta didn't come equipped with ABS , I would have probably ended up hitting the i10 and at a quite good speed of around 90 kmph as I was driving in the rightmost lane and was able to save my car just in time.I guess ABS does help and it was my first experience with it kicking in and I'm quite happy with it. Drive safe guys.
shrey25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 07:50   #2217
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Guys, has anyone bought 3D floor mats for the Creta? During my purchase, I had negotiated with the dealer to give me 3D mats instead of all those useless accys that dealers normally give out. Since they did not have stock during delivery, I got these just yday. But when I tried to place them on the Creta floor I found the shape of the mats are not aligned with the footwell shape.

It is labelled 3D mats and quality and feel looks similar to the ones I had in my earlier Rapid, so it does not look like a fake. But the label says that it fits Verna, i20 and the Creta and the rear mats are one piece. I do not think the footwell shape would be the same for all the three cars for sure.

I am contemplating returning these since they do not fit properly. Any feedback would be great.
Old 4th March 2018, 08:13   #2218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am contemplating returning these since they do not fit properly. Any feedback would be great.
Can you share the pictures? If it doesn't fit, it won't be the original make. AFAIK, the original 3D mats are a snug fit. Have seen few of them. Suggest you to return, make sure they fit properly at the HASS itself before leaving.
Old 6th March 2018, 15:37   #2219
j76
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, has anyone bought 3D floor mats for the Creta? During my purchase, I had negotiated with the dealer to give me 3D mats instead of all those useless accys that dealers normally give out. Since they did not have stock during delivery, I got these just yday. But when I tried to place them on the Creta floor I found the shape of the mats are not aligned with the footwell shape.

It is labelled 3D mats and quality and feel looks similar to the ones I had in my earlier Rapid, so it does not look like a fake. But the label says that it fits Verna, i20 and the Creta and the rear mats are one piece. I do not think the footwell shape would be the same for all the three cars for sure.

I had bought 3D Kagu mats in 2016 and at that time i returned it since the part around the rear AC blower was not a proper fit. the mat was rounded whereas the blower part was a straight line.
Old 6th March 2018, 17:33   #2220
BHPian

I have been given a quote of Rs.15,682/- for 4th year extended warranty and Rs.29,452/- for 4th and 5th year extended warranty on Hyundai Creta AT (diesel) which is about 10 months old. Is this figure correct or can I bargain?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks