Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 17:48   #2221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I have been given a quote of Rs.15,682/- for 4th year extended warranty and Rs.29,452/- for 4th and 5th year extended warranty on Hyundai Creta AT (diesel) which is about 10 months old. Is this figure correct or can I bargain?
What is the price of EW otherwise only for 4rth year for new vehicles? It should be same for you also and it should be mentioned in their price list.
SpoiledBratt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 20:04   #2222
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Guys, has anyone bought 3D floor mats for the Creta?

I am contemplating returning these since they do not fit properly. Any feedback would be great.
Hi Mate,

I tried procuring 3D Kagu mats but was informed that these were not available for creta, so I got KMH 5D Mats (please refer to the image attached). Though these fit like glove, but please beware being manufactured in black colour these get soiled too easily and needs removal of dust/dirt very frequently.

You can also check the same here,

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-kmh-5d-mats.jpg  

Old 7th March 2018, 01:42   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I have been given a quote of Rs.15,682/- for 4th year extended warranty and Rs.29,452/- for 4th and 5th year extended warranty on Hyundai Creta AT (diesel) which is about 10 months old. Is this figure correct or can I bargain?

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/ExtendedWarranty.aspx has the correct price. Add 18% GST for the final value. 29452/- is correct as per this page. Look for an upcoming car care camp, usually Hyundai discounts extended warranty during such camps. I had bought extended warranty last year during such a camp, and availed 20% discount.
Faramir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 09:27   #2224
BHPian

Has anyone done a DIY replacement of the rear wiper on the Creta? I replaced the front wipers a few days ago with Bosch Clear advantage and am happy with the result. Had forgotten about the rear wipers then and it is due for replacement too. It does look different from the front wiper and I was wondering if anyone has done a replacement yet.

Last edited by RobC : 7th March 2018 at 09:37.
Old 7th March 2018, 10:10   #2225
BHPian

Did Hyundai silently change the tire specs? The website lists the tyre size as 205/65 R17 (compared to 215/60 earlier).

The brochure still lists the original size however.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-capture.jpg  

Old 9th March 2018, 15:32   #2226
BHPian

I have been planning to change my SX4. After initially selecting Compass / Capture/ Duster/ Ecosport / XUV 500 / Creta / S Cross, I have drilled down my choice between Creta and S cross, through process of elimination .. The things working in favor of Creta, for me, are the looks and Automatic transmission.. The thing working in favor of s cross is VFM package. ( I have taken into account the engine capacity and I'm fine with it) After reading almost the entire thread with mixed reviews about Creta ownership i. e the good parts and the faulty issues, mainly with the brakes, I feel going with s cross, for it offers everything except for Automatic transmission.
Old 9th March 2018, 17:10   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate,

I tried procuring 3D Kagu mats but was informed that these were not available for creta, so I got KMH 5D Mats (please refer to the image attached)
I purchased these FRONTLINE mats from AMAZON and extremely satisfied
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01E1TPAHI/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 10th March 2018, 10:07   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can you share the pictures? If it doesn't fit, it won't be the original make. AFAIK, the original 3D mats are a snug fit. Have seen few of them. Suggest you to return, make sure they fit properly at the HASS itself before leaving.

Hi Naveen, sorry for my delayed reply, I was out of town and had no access to my mobile phone. They are original 3D mats for sure, I double checked and it does look like the ones for the Creta are not actually very well fitting. I'm contemplating on returning these, hope I can try and get something else in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
I had bought 3D Kagu mats in 2016 and at that time i returned it since the part around the rear AC blower was not a proper fit. the mat was rounded whereas the blower part was a straight line.

Yes, you are right. Were the ones that you bought had a single piece for the rear foot well? I'm surprised as to why 3D would make a design like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post
I have been planning to change my SX4. After initially selecting Compass / Capture/ Duster/ Ecosport / XUV 500 / Creta / S Cross, I have drilled down my choice between Creta and S cross, through process of elimination .. The things working in favor of Creta, for me, are the looks and Automatic transmission.. The thing working in favor of s cross is VFM package. ( I have taken into account the engine capacity and I'm fine with it) After reading almost the entire thread with mixed reviews about Creta ownership i. e the good parts and the faulty issues, mainly with the brakes, I feel going with s cross, for it offers everything except for Automatic transmission.

I was in a very similar dilemma 1 month ago and test drove the S cross and Creta back to back. While there is no doubt that the Creta feels expensive for what it is and in contrast the S Cross is great VFM, but in terms of quality they are poles apart. In fact I felt the Scross to be sub par than the new ecosport. I have switched from a Rapid and I feel like the build quality and over all feel of the Creta is more European than Japanese build of Honda and Suzuki.
And even in the 1.4 TDI guise the Creta felt better than the Scross.
Brakes, yes I agree they are not sharp, but that is the trait of many SUVs and it is not really that bad. For someone like me who moved from a Rapid which was very sharp, I feel I can not afford late braking and need to plan my stoppages better, but I do not think it is a major concern.

Last edited by navin : 10th March 2018 at 12:10.
Old 10th March 2018, 14:02   #2229
j76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Yes, you are right. Were the ones that you bought had a single piece for the rear foot well? I'm surprised as to why 3D would make a design like that!
Yes it was a single piece for the rear. The other issue with the Kagu mats was that they didnt have holes for the pegs that keep the mats in place for the front. I returned that and settled for elegant mats. The elegant mats have that, but they dont have a single piece for the rear, it is 3 pieces.
Old 10th March 2018, 15:47   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post
Hi SeaCruiser,

I was kind of going through the same dilemma myself but the automatic is not that much of a priority for me. From my test drives, Scross and Creta were at par based on overall build and ease of driving within the city. Creta no doubt has a gem of an engine and that helps you look over some of the deficiencies of the product like the low seat rear seats. However couple of test drives later, I feel that scross is better for a number of reasons.

The main deal breakers for Creta was the ride quality, braking at high speeds (80-100) and lack of steering feel. This coupled with the high stance of the vehicle was not confidence inspiring. SXO was tempting since it gives 6 airbags too. Scross in comparison had great composure and ride quality at high speeds, excellent braking and good steering feel for me. of course a 90 bhp and 200 NM engine has it's limitations and you have to live with it but the VFM package is really great.

I am anyway not the guy who will take undue risks when i am driving.So not really going to weave in/out of traffic and try tight overtaking manoeuvres. However i do see myself building speeds in a measured but rapid manner and cruising at 90-100 Kmh. For that use case Scross Zeta or Alpha seems a better bet than most versions of Creta. SXO would have been a good choice because of the airbags but if i wanted to go that high in pricing, I might as well get a Jeep Compass Sport.
vishnurp99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 17:11   #2231
BHPian

Hi Vishnurp99.. Thanks a lot.. I think you have nailed it, s cross over creta, for me, at least.. It was a big dilemma for me.. I'm also in the same league, of not taking undue risks.. Once again thanks a lot
Old 14th March 2018, 15:13   #2232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi SeaCruiser,

I was kind of going through the same dilemma myself but the automatic is not that much of a priority for me. From my test drives, Scross and Creta were at par based on overall build and ease of driving within the city. Creta no doubt has a gem of an engine and that helps you look over some of the deficiencies of the product like the low seat rear seats. However couple of test drives later, I feel that scross is better for a number of reasons.
Planning to change my Dad's SX4 and was looking at SUV type options. Where would the duster figure in between the S Cross and Creta?
Old 14th March 2018, 17:09   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Planning to change my Dad's SX4 and was looking at SUV type options. Where would the duster figure in between the S Cross and Creta?
Interior fit and finish is way, way off. You'll realize it the moment you sit inside the car. It's not even in the same class as Creta and S Cross.
Old 17th March 2018, 16:31   #2234
BHPian

Hi guys I need some help/advice regarding the 2nd year insurance of my diesel creta 1.6 sx at+.I got a pretty good deal on tata aig 0 depreciation insurance when I bought the car , I paid 40k and when I asked the same agent to renew my insurance for the second year he asked me 39k for the same insurance. If someone has the same model as the one I have and got his insurance renewed could you give me an estimate as to what I should pay for the insurance and whether I should go with an online site such as coverfox or policy bazaar or any other and which is better . I haven't had any claims of any sort in the first year and the car is with Haryana ( Faridabad) registration. Thanks in advance guys !
Old 17th March 2018, 17:14   #2235
BHPian

Does anyone of you know or have an idea about a hike in insurance premiums of policies this year?

Last edited by shrey25 : 17th March 2018 at 17:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks