Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:18   #2266
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I have the 1.6 CRDI Auto Creta, i happened to fill the tank when the Last bar started to Blink after about 10KM or so. It took 52L of Shell Diesel to fill her up.

What i noticed is the Fuel Low Indicator comes on when you have around 8L of Fuel left. With my Average of 11KM/L that is around 88KM before the tank is empty.
I would guess that a lot of these calculations depends on the logic of filling fuel to the brim, used in these island dispensers.
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:10   #2267
BHPian

How difficult is it get Shell synthetic oil at Hyundai service centers?

My car is due for second service and customer care of these dealers are not clear about the oil they use. Kun Hyundai Pallikaranai (chennai) desk even claims Servo is what is approved by Hyundai and hence they do not stock other brands.
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:23   #2268
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
How difficult is it get Shell synthetic oil at Hyundai service centers?
Very difficult IMO. I have tried 3 Hyundai ASC and all stock Servo oils as that is what is approved according to Hyundai.

Tried asking if I can get my oil for service and all I got in return was a big No!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:45   #2269
BHPian

If the HASS told you that, they are lying. Please look up my previous post here, in which I wrote about my service and oil change experience. Initially the SA said no, upon insisting, he put me to a senior who admitted that Shell Fully Synthetic was also available. My post has a picture of the Shell barrel, clearly indicating Hyundai's authorization to use that oil. ASSs are lazy, they don't keep stock, they tell stories. Always insist. Complain.
rsuresh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 00:30   #2270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
Initially the SA said no, upon insisting, he put me to a senior who admitted that Shell Fully Synthetic was also available.
Sir, which ASC are you going to?

I am going to Fusion Hyundai, Kompally for the first two services and in the second service I was refused Shell oil.

If you do let me know the ASC you visit plus the SA you in contact of, I'll go there for 3rd Free service.
Old 3rd April 2018, 00:39   #2271
BHPian

Anurag, the last time I went to Kun Hyundai, Hafeezpet/Allywn Crossroads. I went in early, waited and got it serviced under my watch.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 18:28   #2272
BHPian

It is becoming an uphill task to get Shell from HASS. Every service center is saying only Servo is approved. KUN Iyyapanthangal (Chennai) confirmed on call that it is available. I went all the way travelling to the other end of the City and once I reach there they started cooking up stories like Shell is not approved, then Shell is for 'Tucson like high end SUVs'. It was very disappointing and took the car without servicing.

I've written to Hyundai customer care but I've not even got an acknowledgement.I am very disappointed with the way HASS is working.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 3rd April 2018 at 18:30.
Old 3rd April 2018, 19:15   #2273
BHPian

I remember when I used to get my Verna serviced at Trident Hyundai, Indiranagar, I had asked for Shell oil and was informed exactly the same.
That it is not approved by Hyundai and Servo is the approved oil.

I gave up after a while. Then during one particular service, they used Shell on their own without asking for it!. When I enquired, they said from now onward, it is going to be Shell from Hyundai!.

For the subsequent service, again it was back to Servo .

Reason- Following feedback from people (whoever), Hyundai has gone back to Servo. Looks like it is continuing!
Old 17th April 2018, 16:49   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Hello Team BHPians,

My sister is evaluating the purchase of a new car after selling off the Brio. I opined that it would be good to purchase an SUV that'll give them some relief over the bad roads inside city while also giving some much needed GC advantage.

Creta came into the discussion and I took a test ride on Sunday. Came back pretty satisfied with the petrol model. I was reading the last few pages here and was alarmed by the discussion about brakiing issues with Creta.

Just how bad is the problem with the car and why is there no official word from Hyundai to calm down the minds of the buyers and the potential customers?

I felt the brakes to be grabby and non linear from the short test ride I had. The ride was fine though with the back seat and front nicely cushioned and comfortable.

But I cannot recommend this car while I have some question marks about the car over this issue.

Please let me know if I am reading too much into a small problem or is it good to drop it and go with a sedan (City) as a safer option.

The car is not self driven by my sister and a driver does the duties for them.
Old 17th April 2018, 17:27   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Just how bad is the problem with the car and why is there no official word from Hyundai to calm down the minds of the buyers and the potential customers?
I've never had an issue with mine in the last 12months/ 17,000 kms. TBHP review mentions that brakes lack bite but didn't conclude a defect as such. I find that the brakes do their job. Some people have mentioned here or on FB pages that they felt like the vehicle glides when braked on uneven surfaces. Sounds a lot like how ABS works but I can't comment until I experience it myself.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 17:34   #2276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Think I had shared my thoughts on this. Here's what I feel:

1) Brakes are inadequate for a car this heavy. Doesn't mean it's got some technical issue. It's just enough for the creta.
2) Guess the tyre also play spoilsport here. Have heard the stock BS isn't good during the wet and I have experienced the same during the rains.
3) It's absolutely fine in city speed but performs poorly during panic braking.

I strongly feel changing to better tires can improve to some extent but again if she's got a lot of highway drives, do take a longer test drive.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 20:20   #2277
BANNED

Quote:
I was reading the last few pages here and was alarmed by the discussion about brakiing issues with Creta.
Brakes on the Creta are peculiar I must say.

City speeds they work as required but if you are repeatedly pressing on the brakes like in bumper-to-bumper traffic, they go hard (read pedal travel decreases) and feels like brake fade sets in faster than normal. Makes things nervous.

Speeds above 90 kmph, if one needs to just slow down it works well but if you need to shed speeds faster on the highways, you'll definitely go mad in anticipation whether the car stop in time or not.

But overall I feel, brake fade issue sets in faster than normal in the Creta. Whatever be the situation, driving pedal-to-metal is risky and braking must be planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I've never had an issue with mine in the last 12months/ 17,000 kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Think I had shared my thoughts on this.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 20:25   #2278
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you guys tried upgrading the brake pads to Mintex? I upgraded the brake pads on my i20 to Mintex and i must say the high speed braking has improved by approx 25%. The measuring factor in brake bite and deceleration. It is much better than stock.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 20:35   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

City speeds they work as required but if you are repeatedly pressing on the brakes like in bumper-to-bumper traffic, they go hard (read pedal travel decreases) and feels like brake fade sets in faster than normal. Makes things nervous.

Speeds above 90 kmph, if one needs to just slow down it works well but if you need to shed speeds faster on the highways, you'll definitely go mad in anticipation whether the car stop in time or not.
I have observed the same on my VW Polo, my guess is that brakes have very sharp bite, which makes us think they are phenomenal and inspires some confidence. Once situation of hard braking arises, we get to see the real stopping distance (braking power).

In my books, good brakes are the ones with proper and progressive feedback and bite respectively.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 20:38   #2280
BHPian

Quote:

Creta came into the discussion and I took a test ride on Sunday.
Vento and Creta are my two daily drivers and I find Vento's bite comparatively better and confidence inspiring. I've had a few nervous moments in highway speeds in Creta which I haven't faced in Vento. Sometimes it just doesn't stop with the same force as it should. HASS, as usual, has nothing much to say about it. Brakes in city driving conditions are pretty much okay though.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed