Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 08:26   #2341
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Guys, a very weird question. Have any of you changed the front grill of the Creta? I have the SX variant, so I have the blingy chrome grill. Just wondering if anyone has attempted a black honeycomb mesh kind of grill. I just think it would make the Creta look far better!

Please do not change it to the mesh grill. Will look weird. I would suggest you to paint it black. Have seen a lot here. Don't know whether they have applied vinyl or just painted over it but looks good. I have been planning to get rid of this and the rear number plate chrome right when I bought the car. Had checked with 3M but they didn't have the stuff when I went.
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:42   #2342
BHPian

Hi All,

I am sure most of us have already seen this, but for few who haven't seen the facelifted Creta, I am enclosing a video.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with the vlogger/channel in any way.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 22nd May 2018 at 16:02. Reason: Uploaded a better video
kunal_kaushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 11:30   #2343
BHPian

Appreciate if someone can give me the actual mileage figures for city driving/traffic with full AC ON for a Petrol Manual

Besides any views on the torque compared to Petrol Auto
Old 27th May 2018, 09:10   #2344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
Appreciate if someone can give me the actual mileage figures for city driving/traffic with full AC ON for a Petrol Manual
Expect an average of 9-11 kmpl, if average speed from tankfill to tankfill is 25kmph or lower.
Faramir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 10:51   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Expect an average of 9-11 kmpl, if average speed from tankfill to tankfill is 25kmph or lower.
Thanks a lot Faramir, so I guess we can expect slightly higher FE or atleast minimum the figures quoted by you at speeds higher than that within the maximum speed limit of 70-80kmph.
I am planning to buy the New Look 1.6L Petrol Manual SX(O) would it make any difference in FE between the Auto & Manual Petrol, probably can expect a couple of kms lower than the figures you have mentioned.

Can you please highlight the issues of the infamous brakes of CRETA. On the other hand, cant understand why are so many CRETA cars are being sold if there indeed was a serious brake problem.
I have a 2005 swift at the moment, the brakes on it are anything but confidence inspiring.
Old 27th May 2018, 14:53   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Faramir, so I guess we can expect slightly higher FE or atleast minimum the figures quoted by you at speeds higher than that within the maximum speed limit of 70-80kmph.
I am planning to buy the New Look 1.6L Petrol Manual SX(O) would it make any difference in FE between the Auto & Manual Petrol, probably can expect a couple of kms lower than the figures you have mentioned.

Can you please highlight the issues of the infamous brakes of CRETA. On the other hand, cant understand why are so many CRETA cars are being sold if there indeed was a serious brake problem.
I have a 2005 swift at the moment, the brakes on it are anything but confidence inspiring.
Yes, you can expect ~1-2 km per litre less in the Petrol Automatic. Our Petrol Auto averages 9-10 kmpl. In fact don't think it has ever exceeded 10 in the city. Sedate driving with 100% AC.

I usually drive a Grand i10 which has incredibly sharp brakes, and when I drive the Creta I feel like the brakes don't work at all. The Creta's brakes take a bit of getting used to and it's manageable. Do take multiple test drives and see for yourself before you decide.
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 14:50   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Great, it's a personal call between the Automatic and manual, but Automatic might be loaded more in terms of features and 17 inch alloys.
Have driven 12K on the Creta with more than a few highway trips. Have'nt faced issues with the brakes - but felt uncomfortable twice - and both were situations on loose gravel , or gravel just after a speed hump. Maybe linked to the feedback from tyres to ithe ABS while plying on loose surface.
Faramir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 15:12   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Great, it's a personal call between the Automatic and manual, but Automatic might be loaded more in terms of features and 17 inch alloys.
SX(O) manual is more loaded as compared to automatic. This is yet again a mess that Hyundai has created with the new variants.
Old 28th May 2018, 16:50   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
Great, it's a personal call between the Automatic and manual, but Automatic might be loaded more in terms of features and 17-inch alloys.
Have driven 12K on the Creta with more than a few highway trips. Haven't faced issues with the brakes - but felt uncomfortable twice - and both were situations on loose gravel, or gravel just after a speed hump. Maybe linked to the feedback from tires to the ABS while plying on loose surface.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, Hyundai variant features for CRETA are such that the Automatic Variant will not get top of the range features and the SX(O) variant with fully loaded features does not come in Automatic. This I guess is to keep the prices low. But it does not make sense, If someone wants a fully loaded CRETA with Automatic, one should have the option to buy it. Another quirky attitude by Hyundai is a Auto Link feature is available only in CRETA Dual Tone and not in any other variant. Atleast it should be available to buy it separately if someone wants it. So cannot figure out why they do it.
Regardless of the cost, I would have gone for Automatic if that variant came fully loaded with all features.
My ideal car would be CRETA Automatic Petrol SX(O)
Old 28th May 2018, 17:05   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, Hyundai variant features for CRETA are such that the Automatic Variant will not get top of the range features and the SX(O) variant with fully loaded features does not come in Automatic. )
Hope Hyundai is reading! Mine is SX+ manual, the highest possible petrol manual at that time, but misses out on 6 airbags, better upholstery, graphical dashboard info, 17 inch alloys etc.
Old 28th May 2018, 17:26   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Hope Hyundai is reading! Mine is SX+ manual, the highest possible petrol manual at that time, but misses out on 6 airbags, better upholstery, graphical dashboard info, 17-inch alloys etc.
I doubt it very much that Hyundai reads and responds to the feedback of the customers. I posted my concerns on facebook and twitter some two weeks ago, but they are yet to respond, Maruti-Suzuki, on the other hand, are quite prompt in responding to the customer's feedback.

The New Look CRETA SX(O) Petrol/Diesel comes with all the features/bells & whistles on offer, leather seats etc, except the following

Auto Transmission
Child seat ISOFIX
60:40 Split Rear Seat
Auto Link Connected Car technology

Wonder how much it would have cost, perhaps another 2 lakhs, the fully loaded Automatic atleast should have been given in Petrol Variant, the price would've been still lesser than Diesel SX(O) manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW_CRETA_ebrochure.pdf (3.60 MB, 429 views)
Old 28th May 2018, 17:58   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Strange issue guys.

My Creta (a Diesel Auto run about 20k and about 2 years old now) wouldn't start yesterday morning. It just wouldn't crank up. Tried hitting the Start/Stop button at least a dozen times but just a series of "clicks" and "ticks" - all signs of a done with battery. Called the local mechanic and he used his battery to crank it up and the car came to life. Reinstalled the original battery again and the car started just fine - just as though there were no issues at all. Tried switching off and switching on the engine a few times and no issues.

What I have noticed though is that every time I now switch off the engine with the Stop button I hear exactly 5 chimes / dings. I don't really remember if these chimes were always there or has this now manifested after the strange battery mystery.

Is this normal? What do the chimes suggest? A sign of a potential issue? How long should I expect the battery to last given no abnormal usage?
Old 29th May 2018, 06:57   #2353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Please do not change it to the mesh grill. Will look weird. I would suggest you to paint it black. Have seen a lot here. Don't know whether they have applied vinyl or just painted over it but looks good. I have been planning to get rid of this and the rear number plate chrome right when I bought the car. Had checked with 3M but they didn't have the stuff when I went.

Hi Naveen, actually my idea was a full Matt black honey comb mesh like the ones you see in Land Rover, but I guess its not something that is available easily. I will check with 3M on the possibility of black taping the chrome at the front and the back.
Old 29th May 2018, 09:44   #2354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Is this normal? What do the chimes suggest? A sign of a potential issue? How long should I expect the battery to last given no abnormal usage?

My guess is - You remove the seat belts and then switch off the car right? The bong/chime is the seat belt reminder. Try switching off the car with the seat belts on, guess you won't hear any chimes.

20k kms/2 years - too early for the battery to die. I just replaced the battery last month (35k kms and almost 3 years). It too died suddenly with those "clicks" and "ticks" sound. I suggest you to check the battery health and replace if advised.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 11:42   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Strange issue guys.

My Creta (a Diesel Auto run about 20k and about 2 years old now) wouldn't start yesterday morning. It just wouldn't crank up. Tried hitting the Start/Stop button at least a dozen times but just a series of "clicks" and "ticks" - all signs of a done with battery. Called the local mechanic and he used his battery to crank it up and the car came to life. Reinstalled the original battery again and the car started just fine - just as though there were no issues at all. Tried switching off and switching on the engine a few times and no issues.

What I have noticed though is that every time I now switch off the engine with the Stop button I hear exactly 5 chimes / dings. I don't really remember if these chimes were always there or has this now manifested after the strange battery mystery.

My car has run 37500 kms and for the last few months I too get the chime sound when the engine is switched off. The chiming sound is irrespective of whether the seat belt is worn or removed. I need to check it out during the 40000 km service.
thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed