Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2019, 21:05   #2551
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Have you checked at Policy Bazar or Coverfox website?

Only complain I have is their pesky marketing calls or emails.
+1

Policy Bazaar hounds you with text, email messages and phone calls. I provide them with my least used travel number when getting an insurance quote.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 23:39   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
I'll give them a try definitely! Is the claim process a hassle free experience if god forbid the car meets with an accident ?
I have this doubt primarily because the agent which takes care of my claims is known to get the process done without any problems for which many insurance surveyors refuse.
Insurance claim process has nothing to do with Policy Bazar or Coverfox. They are just another insurance broker. Just like your showroom agent, they too simply act as middle man to take your money to the actual insurance provider & bring the policy document to you.

Claim process mainly depends on following factors of the insurance company you choose.

* The insurance company previous claim settlement reputation. For example, some private companies are know to be hassle free compare to certain government insurance companies.

* Tie up between Insurance company & your preferred workshop. (Ex. Cashless)

* Your own claim history. For example, if you have multiple claims in past history, insurance company may try to save their loss by finding reason to reject claim or reduce claim amount.

Best is to call up your preferred workshop or service advisor to find out the list of companies they have tie up with. Now make sure to select one from that list. Even if that insurance company is quoting a few hundred extra on their premium.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:09   #2553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Insurance claim process has nothing to do with Policy Bazar or Coverfox. They are just another insurance broker. Just like your showroom agent, they too simply act as middle man to take your money to the actual insurance provider & bring the policy document to you.
If this is the case then I would not have a problem getting claims as I have no previous claims as of now .My SA told me to opt for private insurers as the claim settlement is hassle free and cashless in some cases as well.Thankyou for the prompt reply , kudos!

Last edited by ampere : 5th March 2019 at 07:46. Reason: compacted quoted post
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:07   #2554
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

My Creta 1.6 SX diesel has just come back from the 1 year, 10k service, although I have just covered 9k.

Issue is that post the service, the car has a little bit of jerking or shuddering as you may call it when you keep releasing the clutch on and off during peak stop go traffic in Bangalore. And this happens only after prolonged stop go traffic, not in the first 20-30 mins.

I went back to the service centre and asked them to look in to it. The service executive said that they will do some clutch bleeding activity thru a machine and that sort of clears any air bubbles in the clutch cylinder.

Anyone experienced such an issue and would be great to have some info on this clutch bleeding activity.

I have got the car back now, probably will check during the week if the issue is still prevalent.
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:08   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
I have a strange issue with my Creta SX(O). After a cold start I keep the engine running for 3-5 mins for the engine to heat before shifting gears and moving out from the parking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
My Creta 1.6 SX diesel has just come back from the 1 year, 10k service, although I have just covered 9k.
I reported this issue some time ago and i am still facing the same problem. I have clocked close to 25K KMS now and due for 4th Service. The ASC has indicated that there seems to be an issue with the clutch plate assembly and may require replacing. I have asked them if this can be replaced under warranty as this seems to be a know issue and I am yet to hear back from the area manager at Lakshmi Hyundai, Hebbal. Looks like i will need to shell out the moola from my pocket as i have not received any response so far

Last edited by ampere : 5th March 2019 at 07:47. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:20   #2556
BHPian

Hi
I have Creta 1.6 SX diesel automatic which has just covered 30K & service completed a week ago.

After the 20K service, I started getting a squeaking sound from left side of the car whenever I brake. Initially thought it is coming from brake and gave the car back to Service. They looked at it, checked brake pads, setting etc. However the problem persisted. This has repeated for 2 more time with no let up. the problem goes away for couple of days and slowly start appearing. Some time this is more pronounced and some time not.

Now at 30K service, they also replaced the front brake pad, but I still have this problem. I am planning to take it for a check up.

Anyone having similar issue? if so how have you solved it. I have given this car to 3 different service centres both Trident & Advaith with no solution so far!
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:59   #2557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi
I have Creta 1.6 SX diesel automatic which has just covered 30K & service completed a week ago.

After the 20K service, I started getting a squeaking sound from left side of the car whenever I brake. Initially thought it is coming from brake and gave the car back to Service. They looked at it, checked brake pads, setting etc. However the problem persisted. This has repeated for 2 more time with no let up. the problem goes away for couple of days and slowly start appearing. Some time this is more pronounced and some time not.

Now at 30K service, they also replaced the front brake pad, but I still have this problem. I am planning to take it for a check up.

Anyone having similar issue? if so how have you solved it. I have given this car to 3 different service centres both Trident & Advaith with no solution so far!
I faced a similar issue and the service center always failed to sort it out. I got the brake pads changed and the discs thoroughly cleaned but the problem still kept coming up.

However when i changed my tyres the problem went away itself.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 08:23   #2558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I had this and was due to the worn out brake pads. I got the pads replaced and discs skimmed. That solved the problem.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 15:17   #2559
BHPian

Hi Friends

I would like to install a reverse parking sensor and camera to my E+ . (Mine is a 2 din stereo with single small single line display provided by the company).I went to a few shops in Noida Sec 16 and the minimum that is charged for the setup is as below

Reverse Parking Sensors -1500
Camera+Mirror(Attachment Type)-4500
Camera+Mirror(Replace the original mirror)- 5500
So the expense comes out to be 6000-7000

However there were no known brands and all chinese stuff. Only known brand i came across was RD. Also i was told that Autocop company is shutting down.

My Question is
-Which Brand should i prefer if there is any or else can go with any chinese stuff available ?
-Should i order from aliexpress and save some money? Not sure if i would be able to get a decent accessory fitting guy.
-Which one is better to go for A) The attachment mirror(which is fixed on top of existing mirror) or B) The replacement Type.
-Shall i go for a Android Head Unit and get the display in that? Cost would be around 17k but if that is preferred i shall extend my budget

Also, i like my car to be as original as it can be and dont like any hanging wires or displays on dashboards. Just want to keep it looking as close to OEM as possible, so please advise
Old 5th March 2019, 00:35   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Just want to keep it looking as close to OEM as possible, so please advise
I also have E+ and I have got reverse parking system (sensor + camera + dashboard screen) by Redsoul. I have been using Redsoul in my earlier cars and never faced any issue. Their material quality and Installation skills are good.

Overall experience has been good. In my last car after 2-3 years there was issue with one sensor. On raising complaint, they send in their repair staff to home who replaced the same without charging anything.
You can call them over phone, negotiate the rates. They will come to your home, install & take the payment.

I heard through a friend that now the extra screen installation (dashboard or rear view mirror) is not needed. There is a special cable, which can be plugged to existing screen. Display will be shown in the factory fitted 5 inch screen. You can check with Redsoul guys.
dextor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 18:50   #2561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I also have E+ and I have got reverse parking system (sensor + camera + dashboard screen) by Redsoul.
Thanks for your reply dextor however it looks like Redsoul is Bangalore centric. Their site does not mention any availability in Delhi NCR
Old 5th March 2019, 22:12   #2562

Hi, I'm planning to book a E+ petrol variant in Mumbai Suburban and deciding on the accessories. I wanted to ask a couple of questions.
So far the accessories which I want are:
  1. Projector headlights Rs. 28000
  2. Fog lamp with LED DRL Rs. 21000
  3. Chrome on the front U grill Rs. 6000
  4. Rear view camera setup with display on the IRVM Rs. 16000
  5. Seat covers Rs. 11000
  6. Door visor Rs. 3000
  7. Chrome door handles(chrome cover and not fully chrome handles) Rs. 3500

The prices are quoted to me by the dealership. What should the prices be since I think the quoted ones are high.

I am confused about whether to get them from the dealer itself or go for aftermarket fitting.

I have been quoted 28000 for the projectors and 21000 for the Fog lamps with DRL. Is it too high and is it preferred to go for an after market one? I was thinking of atleast getting these 2 from the dealer itself since its electrical work and don't want to risk voiding the warranty but not sure if 49k for both is the right price considering others on the forum have gotten it done for much cheaper. What should the right price be for both?

Regarding the rear camera, Hyundai are providing me with display on the IRVM instead of the screen on the infotainment. I was quoted 16000 for this setup which again made me wonder should I instead go for a after-market infotainment system from Sony/Pioneer and get the camera hooked to that? Does that make more sense?

What should I get done from the dealer itself and for what should I go for the after-market fittings?
Thank you!

Are there any other accessories which I have skipped and should go for? Also
Old 5th March 2019, 23:29   #2563
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy8134 View Post
Projector headlights
I've done a DIY projector retrofit in my Creta SX(O). Went for Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 Stage III kit. Here's the thread on it with all details.

Quote:
Fog lamp with LED DRL
Try reducing the price for it if possible or get a pair from OLX. I've seen many on sale (OLX LINK).

Quote:
Chrome on the front U grill
Is it this? LINK

Quote:
Rear view camera setup with the display on the IRVM
What is the HU in the E+ variant? If it is with the 5" infotainment screen, then the reverse camera can be added. Here's the link to the thread.

Quote:
Seat covers
+

Quote:
Door visor
+

Quote:
Chrome door handles (chrome cover and not fully chrome handles)
For the above 3, go aftermarket as the prices will be cheaper and things will happen in front of you. You can get a lot of choices too (read flexibility) if you go aftermarket.

NOTE: Whatever be the accessory being, please ensure that no wires are spliced and done properly. The most common reason for fire-related accidents so ensure whatever is done on the car is done in front of you.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 02:08   #2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I've done a DIY projector retrofit in my Creta SX(O). Went for Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 Stage III kit. Here's the thread on it with all details.

I have gone through the mods and was super impressed! However replacing them myself is out of question. Should I then get it done from an after market guy instead from the dealership itself or should I get it done from the dealership? Is the price quoted high?

Quote:
Try reducing the price for it if possible or get a pair from OLX. I've seen many on sale (OLX LINK).
I think the guy at the dealership told me that even they install aftermarket fog lamp as well. So should I instead get it done outside rather than from the dealership?

Quote:
Is it this? LINK
This one LINK

Quote:
What is the HU in the E+ variant? If it is with the 5" infotainment screen, then the reverse camera can be added. Here's the link to the thread.
Yup it's the 5" one. Any idea if this can be done even in the facelift Creta? I'll enquire about this locally as well.

We were heavily considering the SX version but the 2.5lac difference isn't justifiable considering the engine is the same. We decided on Creta instead of the XUV300 w8 petrol version since the cost of both is almost similar, with Creta being cheaper.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 6th March 2019, 21:34   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
I reported this issue some time ago and i am still facing the same problem. I have clocked close to 25K KMS now and due for 4th Service. The ASC has indicated that there seems to be an issue with the clutch plate assembly and may require replacing. I have asked them if this can be replaced under warranty as this seems to be a know issue and I am yet to hear back from the area manager at Lakshmi Hyundai, Hebbal. Looks like i will need to shell out the moola from my pocket as i have not received any response so far

So the clutch shuddering problem has persisted in spite of the service executive claiming that they did some clutch bleeding or something like that. This is only apparent in stop go bumper to bumper traffic, but I live in Bangalore and hence this is the norm.

Planning to take this up with Hyundai customer care directly and see what is the response. I am somehow not convinced with the answers and process done by the service executive. My guess is that they were probably too busy on a Saturday and did some basic checks on the clutch and handed over the car back to me.

Most Viewed