Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2020, 01:21   #2806
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
You need to push the guys at the service center to get this covered under the extended warranty. I too got mine replaced during the extended period. However, they were reluctant in the beginning, but pushing them a bit got the thing done.
Thank you so much, will try and report back !

Quote:
This is quite strange, because AFAIK SX+ never had this feature of follow-me-home headlights. It was always offered in the top-spec SX(O).
As you mentioned, the lights go off the moment you open any of the doors in the SX+ variants or below.
Mine is an SX+ 2016 AT, always had the follow me home function, works differently in these old Hyundai's. They couldn't afford extra wiring and relays so you have to leave the lights on when you turn the engine off and exit the car to use this. I found it in the owner's manual.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 08:27   #2807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is quite strange, because AFAIK SX+ never had this feature of follow-me-home headlights. It was always offered in the top-spec SX(O).
As you mentioned, the lights go off the moment you open any of the doors in the SX+ variants or below.
All variants of the Creta got follow-me-home headlights with a battery saver which cut-off the lights to save battery and on unlocking the car using the key the lights would switch on for a minute.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-b34b31fa61cd4e1d9bfe9d6b64dcb67b.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 23:49   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Mine is an SX+ 2016 AT, always had the follow me home function, works differently in these old Hyundai's. They couldn't afford extra wiring and relays so you have to leave the lights on when you turn the engine off and exit the car to use this. I found it in the owner's manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
All variants of the Creta got follow-me-home headlights with a battery saver which cut-off the lights to save battery and on unlocking the car using the key the lights would switch on for a minute.
Well, Hyundai might have added this feature in cars post 2016. During the same time they added the Diamond cut alloys, leather wrapped steering, etc. in the AT trim.
My car is Sept 2015 model, and for sure it doesn’t have the Follow me home feature. The moment I shut the car off & open any of the doors, the lights go off.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:18   #2809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car is Sept 2015 model, and for sure it doesn’t have the Follow me home feature. The moment I shut the car off & open any of the doors, the lights go off.
It was there from launch itself! Here's the brochure for the 2015 Creta.
Attached Images

CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 20:45   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It was there from launch itself! Here's the brochure for the 2015 Creta.
Sigh! This is really embarrassing!! 5 years of ownership, and I didn't know that my car headlamps had a follow-me-home feature.
I am pretty sure, I had tried this in the past, albeit by keeping ONLY the parking lights in ON position; which eventually used to go off once you open the driver side door. However, I don't quite remember checking out with keeping the HEADLAMPS in the ON position, my bad.

After you shared the brochure of the 1st-gen Creta, I did try this out today evening keeping the Headlamps switch in ON position and voila! It worked. The headlamps however, remain on only for mere 15-20 secs, even if you don't lock the car from the remote key. However, you can unlock the car and the lights come up again.

I really can't believe how I could I miss such an important feature in my car for all these years.

Anyway, thanks a ton mate! Really appreciate your posts in clarifying this for me. I'm glad I found this feature in my car today. And as they say, it's better late than never. So apt in this scenario.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 2nd September 2020 at 20:48.
ashvek3141 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:57   #2811
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My friend has a Crete E+ Petrol Variant, he wants to upgrade the headlamps. Can someone suggest,

1. Specification of the factory fitted headlamps

2. What will be the suitable upgrades for the same? He isn't looking for anything LED kind of upgrades, he is more so looking for just a upgrade from the stock bulbs ( like Philips or OSRAM night vision bulbs which has a better visibility compared to stock.)

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th September 2020, 11:15   #2812
BHPian

Anybody have the part number for the 2017 model Creta's clean silver alloys? I need to buy one and keep it as the spare wheel for doing 5 wheel tyre rotation. I have been doing the 4 wheel tyre rotation till now and the spare is not used, I don't want to waste a perfectly good tyre by storing it till the end of its life.

Edit:- Got the part number from our spare parts section but there is no image to confirm in boodmo. the part no is 52910-C9310. If this is right then its much costlier than the new diamond cut alloys shown here (2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs).

Last edited by BLACNWYTE : 5th September 2020 at 11:37. Reason: Found the part number.
Old 5th September 2020, 11:48   #2813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Anybody have the part number for the 2017 model Creta's clean silver alloys? I need to buy one and keep it as the spare wheel for doing 5 wheel tyre rotation. I have been doing the 4 wheel tyre rotation till now and the spare is not used, I don't want to waste a perfectly good tyre by storing it till the end of its life.
Why don't you swap the 5th tyre onto one of your existing alloys while carrying out the rotation? The tyre shop will charge maybe 200 bucks extra. That saves you from buying an expensive obsolete alloy with no resale value.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 11:55   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Why don't you swap ..... no resale value.
Thought about this, but won't that damage the tyre if you do it on a regular basis. I too don't want to spend so much on an obsolete model when most probably 3-5 years down the line I'll go for aftermarket alloys as I have a plan for mid life upgrade then.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 11:57   #2815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Thought about this, but won't that damage the tyre if you do it on a regular basis. I too don't want to spend so much on an obsolete model when most probably 3-5 years down the line I'll go for aftermarket alloys as I have a plan for mid life upgrade then.
Not at all. Any reputed tyre shop will anyway use a semi automated tyre mounting device. There should be zero risk in this.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 11:37   #2816
BHPian

Hi Guys, can someone help me with this, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hi Guys,

My friend has a Crete E+ Petrol Variant, he wants to upgrade the headlamps. Can someone suggest,

1. Specification of the factory fitted headlamps

2. What will be the suitable upgrades for the same? He isn't looking for anything LED kind of upgrades, he is more so looking for just an upgrade from the stock bulbs ( like Philips or OSRAM night vision bulbs which has better visibility compared to stock.)

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th September 2020, 12:23   #2817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, can someone help me with this, please?
For slightly better than stock lighting, he can try Osram Night Breaker Laser or Philips xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs in the stock rating.

For significant improvement, he can try Philips Rally bulbs of 100/90 rating. If he goes with this option, please ask him to add a relay (Philips, Minda) before changing to the higher wattage bulbs.

Both the options are plug and play reversible setups and should cost between 1-2k.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 09:27   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
For slightly better than stock lighting, he can try Osram Night Breaker Laser or Philips xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs in the stock rating.

For significant improvement, he can try Philips Rally bulbs of 100/90 rating. If he goes with this option, please ask him to add a relay (Philips, Minda) before changing to the higher wattage bulbs.

Both the options are plug and play reversible setups and should cost between 1-2k.
Thanks for the reply, can you let me know what is the headlamp specification? Is it H4?

Also, going for the 100/90 option and adding a relay, won't it cause wire cutting and leads to warranty void? I believe he has extended warranty for 4 & 5th Year.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2020, 10:26   #2819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, can you let me know what is the headlamp specification? Is it H4?

Also, going for the 100/90 option and adding a relay, won't it cause wire cutting and leads to warranty void? I believe he has extended warranty for 4 & 5th Year.

Thanks in advance.
Yes it should be H4 but do double check once in the manual. I don't own a Creta

Adding a relay won't need any cut or wire splicing and hence, no impact on warranty. 100/90W bulbs with relay is a perfectly reversible upgrade. You can revert to the stock bulbs any time.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 10:51   #2820
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I agree with what Ashish has posted. Lower variants get halogen reflectors with H4 light bulbs. Buy any popular brand 100/90W relay harness and bulb of the same brand too - for eg: Phillips Xtreme Vision.

It is completely plug and play setup with no requirement to splice any factory wiring and fully possible to revert to stock within 5 minutes.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th September 2020 at 10:57.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks