Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 10:36   #316
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
And I thought the Creta was based on i20's underpinnings but its actual based on Elantra.
I still think the Creta / iX25 is based on the i20 platform. If I understand correctly, the Tucson / iX35 is the Hyundai SUV based on Elantra platform. If you have any information saying that Creta is based on the Elantra platform, please share it with the forum. I will be happy to be corrected
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 10:45   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I still think the Creta / iX25 is based on the i20 platform. If I understand correctly, the Tucson / iX35 is the Hyundai SUV based on Elantra platform. If you have any information saying that Creta is based on the Elantra platform, please share it with the forum. I will be happy to be corrected
Quote:
Given its size and positioning, you might think it's based on the Verna, but actually, its underpinnings come from the more premium Elantra.
Source : Autocar, August 2015 Edition, page 57.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:33   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Source : Autocar, August 2015 Edition, page 57.
Ok. I get your point. Autocar mentions this but some other sources mention differently. A quick google search on 'Hyundai Creta platform' gave me articles in Financial Express, NDTV Auto and even Wikipedia indicating that it is based on i20. On the other hand IAB says something similar to that of Autocar.

On the whole one thing is very clear though - Hyundai has not been very transparent about the platform on which Creta is based on and hence all the confusion.

One reason I can see to substantiate "Elanta underpinnings" is that Creta also has the same 1.6L CRDi + 6 speed gearboox in both manual and Auto options as in Elantra. But then, Verna also has the same in manual variant. So, it is ONLY the auto option that is totally different from the Verna and similar to what is in Elantra. Otherwise, everything in the interior and exterior of the Creta looks totally different compared to Elantra. If it is based on the same platform, I would expect some level of part sharing also. Since this is absent and there is a lot of similarity with the i20 interiors, I still believe Creta is based on the i20 platform. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. i20 is a great car and so is Creta.

Anyways, since we cannot see the chassis and neither do we have a transparent communication from Hyundai, I think it will be wise of me to leave this discussion here. Peace!!!
Old 16th September 2015, 13:45   #319
BHPian

Ok, I too did a search and found that the Creta is based on a new platform, Netiher i20 nor Elantra... So hope clarified all the doubts

Quote:
Addressing media persons at a preview organised at the company’s car factory near Chennai, Bo Shin Seo, Managing Director and CEO, Hyundai Motor, said the Creta is developed on an entirely new platform.
Source: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle7361625.ece
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:56   #320
BHPian

Newbie Engine Oil Query!

So the manual says that the recommended grade of engine oil for the diesel is ACEA B4, and the recommended SAE viscosity number would be 15W40, but my search online isn't resulting in any oils which are this combination. I can't seem to find 15W40 oils which are ACEA A3B4, the oils I came across were all A3B3 (which I believe is a lower grade?).

Also, the guides in TBHP recommend a mineral oil especially for run in. Not much luck in finding a mineral oil that fits the above manufacturer recommendations.

To sum up my query, I just want to know which engine oil do you guys recommend for this car (the 1.6 Diesel)? Specifically for the run in period.
Old 16th September 2015, 14:39   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Newbie Engine Oil Query!

To sum up my query, I just want to know which engine oil do you guys recommend for this car (the 1.6 Diesel)? Specifically for the run in period.
@vivekh15 - You run a diesel - So the most important parameter to look for is CI (for compression ignition which is what diesel engines do) in here

A good mineral oil would be Mobil Delvac 15w40 whose specifications can be found here

Once your engine completes 10k kms pls. switch to Mobil Delvac 1 which is the best brew for your diesel heart and i have been using them for many years and am extremely satisfied

Mobil Delvac 1 details can be found here

Wish you a million miles with your steed
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:00   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
A good mineral oil would be Mobil Delvac 15w40 whose specifications can be found here
Thanks for your inputs Sateesh!
These ACEA ratings are a little confusing for a noob like me. Going through the specs in your link for the Mobil Delvac 15w40, it says ideally suited for applications requiring ACEA A2/B2 whereas your first link mentions B2 being an obsolete standard now.

Is it really important or critical to match the ACEA spec specified by the manufacturer? In this case, that would be ACEA B4 for the Creta Diesel mill.
Old 16th September 2015, 18:15   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Thanks for your inputs Sateesh!
Is it really important or critical to match the ACEA spec specified by the manufacturer? In this case, that would be ACEA B4 for the Creta Diesel mill.
Recommendation would be to match the CH - CI rating which is the most important one.

According the specs here the Creta's engine oil is CH4 while Mobil Delvac 15w40 can be used upto CI4 requirements.

According to the specs of Delvac MX it supports ACEA 7 which should satisfy Euro 4 engines which has very high soot content

Hope this answers all your queries
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 21:56   #324
BHPian

So barely into my 2nd week of the sxo, the LHS xenon fog light has given up. And this was one of the accessories I was practically coerced into getting for a quicker delivery. Really poor effort
Old 16th September 2015, 22:47   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
So barely into my 2nd week of the sxo, the LHS xenon fog light has given up. And this was one of the accessories I was practically coerced into getting for a quicker delivery. Really poor effort
This is exactly what one of the dealers has been coaxing me to do; opt for accessories worth 1 Lac , to get early delivery. This is indirectly only asking for premium

I definitely won't be opting for it, but my worry is that even when the delivery for my vehicle would be due, they might make me wait and give it off to someone who's willing to shell out this money for the accessories as premium
Old 17th September 2015, 11:51   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
This is exactly what one of the dealers has been coaxing me to do; opt for accessories worth 1 Lac , to get early delivery. This is indirectly only asking for premium

I definitely won't be opting for it, but my worry is that even when the delivery for my vehicle would be due, they might make me wait and give it off to someone who's willing to shell out this money for the accessories as premium
1 lakh worth accessories! What all do they want you to opt for, do you have a list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
How much did you pay for the fog lights? Do you have a picture of the same.
Old 17th September 2015, 12:10   #327
BANNED

Quote:
Time to start a thread named "Hyundai dealers' arrogance after Creta's success gone into their head"? Might end up something like Figo from Ford, IMO. The arrogance shown by Ford dealers and service centers when the Figo was selling around 5K units was unpardonable.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th September 2015 at 12:12.
Old 17th September 2015, 15:16   #328
BHPian

Quote:
1 lakh worth accessories! What all do they want you to opt for, do you have a list?
I posted the list on the previous page, the total accessories that they want me to opt for are worth One Lac Nine Thousand; Posting the handwritten list below for reference

I have refused outright, but am worried about the fact that they might offer my vehicle to someone, whenever it is due; if the person is willing to pay this indirect premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Time to start a thread named "Hyundai dealers' arrogance after Creta's success gone into their head"? Might end up something like Figo from Ford, IMO. The arrogance shown by Ford dealers and service centers when the Figo was selling around 5K units was unpardonable.
Indeed, in fact even the booking amount quoted by different dealers is also different ranging from 25000 to 1 Lac

Additionally, I just learnt that Hyundai has advised dealers not deliver a vehicle on a Purchase Order (in the case of a company lease) and only offer it on 100% payment. This is applicable only for the Creta, while all other vehicles continue with the usual process
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1704.jpg  

amit_2025 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 15:42   #329
BHPian

Quote:
I posted the list on the previous page, the total accessories that they want me to opt for are worth One Lac Nine Thousand; Posting the handwritten list below for reference

I have refused outright, but am worried about the fact that they might offer my vehicle to someone, whenever it is due; if the person is willing to pay this indirect premium

Indeed, in fact even the booking amount quoted by different dealers is also different ranging from 25000 to 1 Lac

Additionally, I just learnt that Hyundai has advised dealers not deliver a vehicle on a Purchase Order (in the case of a company lease) and only offer it on 100% payment. This is applicable only for the Creta, while all other vehicles continue with the usual process
Can you mention which dealer is this and I can give you my experience with the 2 dealers I have spoken and made bookings with previously in Delhi. I got a much better deal from my hometown so I cancelled both bookings here and already have the car, but the dealers here were desperate to push me Creta SX(O) on daily basis whole of last month although I was firm I wouldn't pay anything more than 15.9 OTR which they didn't argue about. Also I was firm I would only pay 25k for booking before even asking them how much I would have to pay so no issues there also.
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 15:47   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Can you mention which dealer is this and I can give you my experience with the 2 dealers I have spoken and made bookings with previously in Delhi. I got a much better deal from my hometown so I cancelled both bookings here and already have the car, but the dealers here were desperate to push me Creta SX(O) on daily basis whole of last month although I was firm I wouldn't pay anything more than 15.9 OTR which they didn't argue about. Also I was firm I would only pay 25k for booking before even asking them how much I would have to pay so no issues there also.
I have been offered timely delivery by a dealer in Sonepat, but they aren't willing to release a vehicle on company lease

If you can guide me to any dealer who can provide timely delivery for an AT, I would be really grateful :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks