Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 06:09   #376
BNM
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hyundai Hyundai!
The picture of a Tucson I took from the 2015 Sonata I was driving today! Can't seem to get enough of these cars

The rear looks much more similar to the Creta than the Santa Fe. Saw a lot of Santa Fe's too..

Tucson rear

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150926_173413.jpg

Creta rear:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150926_174441.jpg

Last edited by BNM : 27th September 2015 at 06:17.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 12:28   #377

Quick comparison of SUVs & MPVs.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-suv_mpv_compare.png  

ASNAGOUDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 14:37   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Well, looks like the success of the CRETA had gone to the dealers head
I would have had the S Cross in my Garage by now, only if it had a Diesel Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Sad to hear such stories.
I did have a pleasant experience though with Berkley Hyundai, Chandigarh.
H
Congratulations, The Creta looks gorgeous in White

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
I went through similar situation. I would suggest not to cancel at the same time not to accept the additional accessories.

Below is what happened in my case:[list] Booked Creta SX 0n 9th Aug and the sales person promised the delivery of end of Sep.

I am not sure if you have already completed the cancellation process.
I haven't yet, but will be going today to cancel it

You are right, the email I received from the dealership shows absolutely no remorse on losing potential customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
I booked a Creta 1.6 SX CRDI in Hyderabad.
Its time to work on patience. I think its more important that yoga.
Please read my post again, the main issue has been that:

If I choose not to opt for these accessories and wait for three months, then what is the assurance that even then my car will not be allotted to someone who is willing to pay this indirect “premium”

I wanted the car by October or would wait until next year, but needed some clarity and not just an assurance the “we can assure you delivery, bas aap accessories ka mann bana lo” i.e. we can assure you delivery on the said date if you opt for accessories worth 1 Lac

Last edited by amit_2025 : 27th September 2015 at 14:40.
Old 27th September 2015, 18:20   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
I would have had the S Cross in my Garage by now, only if it had a Diesel Automatic
Hey Amit, no offence meant.

There are two things you can do. One, wait till the high demand dies down and get the car by paying only what you have to pay. Two, get hold of Hyundai Motor India's customer service address and send a written complaint via post/courier (ensure you get a delivery acknowledgement). If it is hard to find Hyundai's address or if you don't get a response, send the complaint to a popular local newspaper. If you perservere and follow up, I am sure you will win. The dealer will step down and do what is right. Perseverance is key.

Facebook is just a fad. Most Indian companies get on Facebook only for "likes". They give a damn about customer issues. That Indians have abused social networking forums and have tried to use these forums as a issue redressal platform is another thing entirely.

In my opinion, people who let dealers cheat them are the lazy ones, ones who don't care about ethics. They just want things NOW. One can imagine how such people must be making their money. The saying "Birds of the same feather flock together " applies very well here.

Last edited by ampere : 27th September 2015 at 18:47. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
rsuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 18:47   #380
BHPian

Finished my 2nd TD of Hyundai Creta.
City: Chennai
Dealership: Express hyundai, Arcot Road
SA: P. Stalin (+918056077745)

Variant Test Driven: 1.6 CRDI SX+ AT

I won't go much into detail of full details of my experience as it has already been talked and there are many owners who shared ownership reports. So will just share my thoughts on the AT:

- The engine feels rev happy and eager to go.
- Turbo lag is minimal (probably upto 1600 rpm)
- The AT seems decently quick enough to respond to the throttle input.
- If the accelerator pedal is floored, the transmission takes a second to respond and rev up the engine.
- Vehicle is very easy to maneuver in the city with light steering
- The steering does weigh up well as the speed picks up.

Coming to the dealership experience:
- Called on Saturday to ask if the vehicle can be sent home for TD. The SA responded that he would get back to me after checking the availability but never called.
- This afternoon when I visited and inquired why he didn't bothe to call, his reasoning was that they don't have the Diesel vehicle for TD. He could have called me to notify.
- However, after inquiring which vehicle they had for TD he said AT was available. It was quite surprising as AT comes only in Diesel. I can feel he is trying to make excuses.
- Didn't feel the enthusiasm from SA to make a sale.
- Booking deposit is 25k.
- Wait time is maximum 1.5 months for any variant.
- The pricing list quotes an outrageous 52k for just comprehensive insurance. Its not even BtoB zero dep.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_7426.jpg
- I asked if I can go for an outside insurance for which SA responded that they can give a zero dep BtoB insurance for the same 52k
- Upon insisting that if the insurance can be taken elsewhere as per customer's choice he said its not possible but couldn't give a proper reasoning for the same
- He even went on to say that the insurance and the reg fees, etc are the only components where they make margins.
- I confronted him and said that its illegal to charge extra and the margins are included in the ex showroom price.
- Shady practices.

I'll wait until end of the year to book a vehicle so that I can get a 2016 manufactured model.

Does anyone know when will the 2016 manufactured vehicles be delivered...will it be January or delayed to Feb-March?

Last edited by thatsdileep : 27th September 2015 at 18:49.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 19:49   #381
BHPian

I went for PDI today in Advaith hyundai, Bangalore. They have their stockyard near R.V. College, Mysore road.

19th digit of VIN number is J which is October if I am not wrong.
Can someone tell me is it normal to get the October VIN in September itself?

Security guy told me that the vehicle has arrived today only.
Old 27th September 2015, 20:30   #382

Over the years the car consumers have shifted

from
low cost, low powered, poor AC and high fuel efficient cars (M-800 of 1990s)

to
high powered, better AC, better mileage (M-Swift DZire). Swift & Swift DZire together sell around 35000 cars in a month ... compare it with 23000 of Alto.

People are off-course price conscious and mileage conscious, but there are 2 aspects to Indian car consumers - one is increase in disposable income and second is willing to pay premium.

More and more consumers now demand Apple quality and not Micromax quality in cars. They are willing to pay premium for better cars. M-800 itself has moved up from 37bhp to now 48bhp, because volume of 37bhp M-800 had started dwindling.

There is much more disposable income today than it was 30 years ago. As disposable income has increased with the masses in India, since 1991, so has its choice of homes & cars. Car is a status symbol undoubtedly.

This is the reason why Ford Ecosport and Renault Duster have clicked with Indian consumers. They offered, more space (with foldable seats), more comfort, engine power, powerful AC, more ground clearance. These 2 cars satisfied the growing need of the current generation along with the status symbol that they carry with them. Many many in India cannot afford a similar Merc or Audi or BMW. Till then cars like Ecosport and Duster are going to increase in volume.

Creta has just taken the one small step forward in the right direction. Added little more power and little more features to a vehicle modelled on Duster. Ecosport and Duster if they do not improvise on their own success formula of 2-3 years ago, will loose out on Creta. And the same will happen to Creta, when somebody else will come with an improvement over Creta, unless Creta improves upon itself ... like M-800 of 37bhp improved to M-800 of 48bhp and AltoK-10 of 67bhp. Only time will tell whether Hyundai is able to maintain this formula of self improvisation. Plus the self improvisation has to be quick to maintain market share and improve upon it.

As on today, for me, Creta has all the features in a car that I always wanted - space, power, auto AC, rear AC vents, large boot, good leg room, touch screen audio system, foldable rear seat and good ground clearance among others.
ASNAGOUDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 23:58   #383

I booked the creta AT i
n August and till date I still don't know when it's going to come. Which is a shame because I tested the octavia and I was blown away. Interiors, sound, the engine n even the boot space is way better than the creta not to mention the anniversary edition gets 8 airbags, paddle shift n the advance sound system which is a bargain not to mention that you can get 1 in 4-6 weeks n not 4-6 months.

Having owned the old octi n a polo I get it the cost of maintaining is high but seriously it's a complete car with no compromise on safety and performance which I found was horribly lacking on the creta. So there you go. If you can afford one just buy the octi. May cost you a little more but it's totally worth it. If not then stick to the creta and remind yourself to start saving when you see an octi fly past you.
Old 28th September 2015, 07:07   #384
Senior - BHPian

How easy is it to steal a car that has a start/stop push button? I thought that the key has to be stolen to steal the car?
Just reading the news paper this morning and the car in question is the Creta SX(O). This happened in Bangalore and the car was found 7 Kms away after it had hit a median. Badly damaged with the airbags deployed. Frustrati.
Is this a software hack kind off steal? Or someone who had access to the key?Experts?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 07:45   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
I went for PDI today in Advaith hyundai, Bangalore. They have their stockyard near R.V. College, Mysore road.

19th digit of VIN number is J which is October if I am not wrong.
Can someone tell me is it normal to get the October VIN in September itself?

Security guy told me that the vehicle has arrived today only.
J Stands for September. "I" is not used in the sequence and after "H" it is "J"
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 07:58   #386
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
How easy is it to steal a car that has a start/stop push button? I thought that the key has to be stolen to steal the car?
Just reading the news paper this morning and the car in question is the Creta SX(O). This happened in Bangalore and the car was found 7 Kms away after it had hit a median. Badly damaged with the airbags deployed. Frustrati.
Is this a software hack kind off steal? Or someone who had access to the key?Experts?
I actually did see this car at 5.15 am on Friday, as I drove past this accident spot. This flyover has a very sharp turn and it appears that this car was driven at very high speeds and could not make this turn. The car had jumped the median after hitting probably a pole and was badly damaged. The car was on its wheels and had not flipped and this was a big positive for me. I did not stop as there we lot of cars/people, who had stopped to check the car out.

The paper clearly states that it appears that some one known to the family appears to have stolen the car. Probably someone had access the the keys.

Cheers

KPS
Old 28th September 2015, 08:38   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I had exactly the same questions.

Is it easier to steal a keyless entry with start/stop button car than traditional key based cars?

In the event of an owner losing/damaging both the keys of a keyless car, what will the service guys do? Do they have some kind of easy hack or kind of a master code to access the cars? If so, it becomes easy for any service guy to steal the cars, isn't it?

Last edited by Indian : 28th September 2015 at 08:39.
Old 28th September 2015, 09:36   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Hyundai Hyundai!
The rear looks much more similar to the Creta than the Santa Fe. Saw a lot of Santa Fe's too..
@BNM - Yes it looks very similar and stylish

Never in my wildest dream I thought i would be posting the picture of a completely wrecked Creta

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creat_wrecked.jpg

Looks like a high speed shunt - The front cross member was completely bent and the A/c condenser / radiator were all punctured

The front suspension too was in a disarray as the tyres were pointing in different direction

I know a lot of us wish and dream to own this beauty and it was heart breaking too see the state of it
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 09:54   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post

Never in my wildest dream I thought i would be posting the picture of a completely wrecked Creta

Attachment 1420504

Looks like a high speed shunt - The front cross member was completely bent and the A/c condenser / radiator were all punctured

The front suspension too was in a disarray as the tyres were pointing in different direction
Was this in Yeshwantpur. Today's ToI reports a Creta was stolen from a businessman in St. Marks road. It was later traced to Yeshwantpur but it was crashed into the median resulting in severe damages and airbags deployed.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:02   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Was this in Yeshwantpur.
Yes Vidyut this was right outside Yeshwantpur Police near Yeshwantpur circle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks