Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 12:06   #436
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
A complete OT, but strangely I see more number of I20 Active of late on our roads vis-a-vis the I20 Elite as well.
Probably the folks walking into the showroom in expectation of buying a Creta are realizing that the on-road price is beyond their budget and are compromising to a pseudo-pseudo SUV (I say it twice as Creta itself is a Pseudo SUV) driving out with a i20 active...
thatsdileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 12:10   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
I have been getting loud grinding noise while braking on rough surfaces on my Creta. Feels like small stones have entered between the brake while pressing the paddle. Takes away the confidence while braking.... Is it because of the ABS! This is not always there & I couldn't demonstrate this to the Hyundai technician. Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Oh it is very scary the first time this happens.
I was driving my Nanook long distance and close to a speed breaker where there was gravel felt this loud noise and vibrations on my brake pedal and felt the same way as you did.
I got down , checked and then braked a couple of times and then realised it must be the ABS.
But it is one hell of a scary way for the ABS to function. In fact the first tendency when this kicks in is to take your foot off the pedal.
While on NH 12 A , since there were no roads for around 80 kms it would kick in often when the front wheel starts skidding on dirt/gravel.

Spoke to Hyundai technician and he says it is like this only.

My only grouse with the vehicle so far, since the feeling is not good.

Last edited by nkghai : 9th October 2015 at 12:11.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 14:56   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Odd to see a Hyundai lose on a shootout between features, but Autocar India still chooses the Hyundai Creta as their overall winner in this comprehensive road test of the SUVs in it's price range.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-c1.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-c3.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-c2.jpg

Quote:
Low-speed ride quality is actually best on the Creta. It rounds off the bumps taken at moderate speeds better than all others here and the suspension also goes about its business in a nice, smooth manner. The steering is also easiest to twirl, which, along with the good low-speed ride, ties in with the Creta’s other virtues as a city-friendly car. What’s good is that, unlike most other Hyundais, the Creta doesn’t feel out of its comfort zone on the straights and sweeping sections of highways either. There’s plenty of feel at the steering, body movements are predictable and stability is reassuringly good.

For starters, the Creta is better equipped than the Duster AWD in terms of safety kit and features. The Hyundai also has the more attractive cabin that’s not only better finished but generally more user-friendly too. In terms of overall refinement as well, the Creta has the edge over the Duster. Sure, the Creta isn’t as peppy as the Duster in town nor does it ride with the same authority over broken roads, but it’s not far behind on either count. In fact, the Creta has more strengths than weaknesses, which means it ends this comparison with the most points to become our pick of this lot.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-whit.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-table2.jpg

ACI
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:18   #439
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

@Avi,Read the hard copy review in last month's Autocar. The Creta scores well overall. Hyundai has now matured in terms of steering, drive dynamics and perfected engine and gear box(Manual) refinement. Creta is a perfect example.
Hyundai now probably realises that it can sell cars on these factors and doesn't have to bank on only features like in the past.
Who says beauty is only skin deep?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 9th October 2015 at 15:22.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:36   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Hyundai has now matured in terms of steering, drive dynamics and perfected engine and gear box(Manual) refinement. Creta is a perfect example.
Hyundai now probably realises that it can sell cars on these factors and doesn't have to bank on only features like in the past.
Hyundai has come a long way and Creta is not bad on looks either, to the contrary i love its looks

Each vehicle has its pluses and minuses and everyone has his/her choice on which plus they require and which minus they can live without.

Creta i feel has a lot of pluses for me. Have driven my Nanook for 1935 kms till date and on all surfaces : Taj Express Way, State highways, local bad roads and on NO ROAD stretches of 50 kms . The vehicle inspires confidence that i can take it wherever i would like to go. This coupled with the feel of the cabin and the seating position is a win win for me.
But again i say each to his own.
Old 9th October 2015, 15:54   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

India Made Creta launched in Vietnam. Unlike some other cars exported from here, looks like there is nothing additional that the Vietnam Creta gets as compared to the one sold here (Apart from the Petrol also being an AT). If they are making a Petrol AT already, wonder why they did not launch it here.

Quote:
Hyundai Thanh Cong has launched the new Hyundai Creta in Vietnam, which is manufactured and exported from India. It’s priced from VND 806 million (INR 23.6 Lakhs) for the 1.6 petrol and VND 846 million (INR 24.8 Lakhs) for the 1.6 diesel.
Soure: IAB
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 19:09   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
India Made Creta launched in Vietnam.
Soure: IAB
One major difference - The Vietnamese-spec Creta comes with two engine options. The petrol variant has a 1.6-liter four-cylinder DOHC with Dual VTVT and 16 valves producing 123 PS at 6,400 rpm and 151 Nm of torque at 4,850 rpm, while the diesel model packs a 1.6-liter four-cylinder DOHC CRDi with VGT producing 128 PS at 4,000 rpm and 259 Nm of torque between 1,900 – 2,750 rpm.

Both engines are paired to a 6-speed automatic

Not sure what is stopping Hyundai from launching petrol automatic in India.
Old 9th October 2015, 21:36   #443
BHPian

I wanted people's opinion on the creta's headliner - seemed really bad and a wholly thing hanging above your head... Can it be replaced with a better material?
Old 9th October 2015, 23:39   #444
BHPian

Finally i received my CRETA SX 1.6 CRDI ,RED color from Trident Hyundai KRPURAM, bangalore, yesterday evening .

I have been waiting for its launch since February 2015 and glad to receive it at last.

One thing that has impressed me in yesterdays night drive is the headlights .
Even in DIM mode, it feels as if the lights are in BRIGHT mode.
The Cornering Lamps are amazing.
I opted for the standard accessory (Floor mat +mud flap +air freshener).
The floor mat were of mesh type material i am little skeptical about it , whether it will be difficult to maintain?

Tomorrow's Tasks:
1) Get PU leather upholstery fitted from Imperial Leathers,bangalore for seat, steering wheel, gearknob and glove box (Approx. 11k Rs)

2) Planning to go for 3M Paint sealant program from 3M carcare to maintain the new glossy look.(approx. 5k-6k Rs)
I need expert advice here on whether its worth doing so on a new car or i should go for it after 1-2 years

Future tasks are changing roof color to black .I remember somebody posting about the same in the forum and need to search for it.
I wanted to change door handle (currently body color) to Chrome but the dealer mentioned that currently they are not providing it .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20151008_165522.jpg  

AshiqueS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 01:53   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Finally i received my CRETA SX 1.6 CRDI ,RED color from Trident Hyundai KRPURAM, bangalore, yesterday evening .
Hearty congratulations on your new ride. Wishing you plenty of safe miles.
Quote:
1) Get PU leather upholstery fitted from Imperial Leathers,bangalore for seat, steering wheel, gearknob and glove box (Approx. 11k Rs)

Just wondering what upholstery work you are planning for the glove box?
Post some pics when you get some time.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 15:56   #446
BHPian

[quote=AshiqueS;3822200]Finally i received my CRETA SX 1.6 CRDI ,RED color from Trident Hyundai KRPURAM, bangalore, yesterday evening .
Future tasks are changing roof color to black .I remember somebody posting about the same in the forum and need to search for it.
/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your new ride.
Looks great in red
BNM had got his red SX(O) roof done in black and it is in his thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html . It looks great indeed.
All the best and wishing you safe and happy miles ahead
Old 10th October 2015, 21:10   #447
BHPian

I have a question to the buyers/prospective buyers for the automatic version of Creta, are the dealers offering a test drive of the Vehicle. Hans Hyundai, Kirti Nagar, New Delhi, flatly refuses claiming that they can offer a TD of the manual version. Why would I want the TD of the manual version when I am interested in automatic. He claims that most of the owners are buying it basis of the Manual version and Hyundai brand name. I would definitely try a different dealer but then I guess Creta's success has gone into the head of most dealers and this is the outcome. I maybe wrong though but these are my initial thoughts.
Old 11th October 2015, 11:36   #448
BHPian

I am confused to choose between 1.4 s+ and 1.6 SX, Looking for team-bhpens opinion
1.6 Loose following features to 1.4S+
1) Rear Camera with steering adaptive parking guidelines display
2) Shark Fin Antenna

BUT 1.6SX get following features over 1.4s+

1) Bi-functional Projector Headlamps
2)Cornering Lamp
3)LED Positioning Lamps
4)Rear Garnish Chrome finish
5)Door Scuff Plates Metallic
6)Air Conditioning Fully Automatic with mood change bar
7)Air Conditioning Cluster Ionizer
8)Outside Mirror Electrically Foldable
9) Rear Wiper and Washer

But the 1.4 CRDI reach max torque at 1500 RPM vs 1900 of 1.6, So is 1.4 good for City Drive compared to 1.6?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1.4_crdi.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1.6_crdi.jpg

Last edited by vvvinod : 11th October 2015 at 11:42.
Old 11th October 2015, 11:49   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
I am confused to choose between 1.4 s+ and 1.6 SX, Looking for team-bhpens opinion
What are you currently driving? If you are driving any engine over 1.2L and have the budget, I would recommend the 1.6L SX.
Old 11th October 2015, 12:01   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
What are you currently driving? If you are driving any engine over 1.2L and have the budget, I would recommend the 1.6L SX.
Thanks Shakensou. I drive a Palio 1.2 Today, 1.4S+ and 1.6 SX price diff is just 15k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks