Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2015, 12:08   #451
BHPian
 
Shakensoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AS01
Posts: 497
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Thanks Shakensou. I drive a Palio 1.2 Today, 1.4S+ and 1.6 SX price diff is just 15k.
Then I would strongly recommend the 1.6 SX
Shakensoul is offline  
Old 11th October 2015, 15:52   #452
BHPian
 
Lakwontsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 110
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

I am planning to buy a car through my company as it would help me save good amount of tax. But the condition is that Ex-factory price must not be more than 9 Lakhs.

The Creta prices on Hyundai website are Ex-showroom (which would be higher than Ex-Factory price):

Petrol 1.6L S ----> 957,062
Petrol 1.6L SX+ ----> 1,119,548

Is it possible to get the ex-factory price for above two models so that I could understand if Creta can fit my bill or if should look for some other car?
Lakwontsing is offline  
Old 11th October 2015, 19:44   #453
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 6,326
Thanked: 41,288 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

The Hyundai Creta continues it's strong run in monthly sales by racking up 7,320 units as dealer dispatches for the month of September 2015, and placing itself in the top 10 volume sellers again, at the 8th position.

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 20:39   #454
BHPian
 
vvvinod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 210
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Hyundai Creta continues it's strong run in monthly sales by racking up 7,320 units as dealer dispatches for the month of September 2015, and placing itself in the top 10 volume sellers again, at the 8th position.

poor Duster is not in the list, looks like Creta single handily killed Duster?
vvvinod is offline  
Old 12th October 2015, 20:56   #455
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,345
Thanked: 1,729 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Guys! My Creta is pulling to the left when I try to drive it on a straight line. When I asked the service advisor he says that he needs to flash the ECU and reprogram it. Has anyone faced similar issue on your vehicle?
Warwithwheels is offline  
Old 12th October 2015, 23:30   #456
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 152
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Hyundai Creta : Official Review

With the launch of Scorpio AT with CVT and both with 4x4 and 2x2 MM is going to make a dent in the figures here! Especially for the Automatic variant numbers.

MSN report here:

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...a3T?li=AAaeRVN

Last edited by TMRT : 12th October 2015 at 23:46. Reason: Link
TMRT is offline  
Old 13th October 2015, 08:06   #457
BHPian
 
lovetorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Abandoned
Posts: 122
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
I am planning to buy a car through my company as it would help me save good amount of tax. But the condition is that Ex-factory price must not be more than 9 Lakhs.

The Creta prices on Hyundai website are Ex-showroom (which would be higher than Ex-Factory price):

Petrol 1.6L S ----> 957,062
Petrol 1.6L SX+ ----> 1,119,548

Is it possible to get the ex-factory price for above two models so that I could understand if Creta can fit my bill or if should look for some other car?
Usually ex-factory + 14.5% VAT is given as ex-showroom, that's what I got from my proforma invoice under company car purchase. You can calculate with that base.
lovetorque is offline  
Old 13th October 2015, 11:11   #458
BHPian
 
Lakwontsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 110
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Thanks @lovetorque.
This means SX+ is out of equation.

By the way, what about excise? Is it applicable on units built in India too? And if yes, then is it included in ex factory price or ex showroom price? I hope its turns out to be latter giving me an outside chance

Now need to look what all differences are there in petrol SX+ and S in case I opt for S.
Lakwontsing is offline  
Old 13th October 2015, 15:47   #459
BHPian
 
csateesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 534
Thanked: 153 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Guys! My Creta is pulling to the left when I try to drive it on a straight line. When I asked the service advisor he says that he needs to flash the ECU and reprogram it. Has anyone faced similar issue on your vehicle?
They must be completely out of their minds

This is an alignment / balancing issue. Pls. take it to a reputed tyre balancing /alignment outlet and they should fix it
csateesh is offline  
Old 13th October 2015, 15:56   #460
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,345
Thanked: 1,729 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
They must be completely out of their minds

This is an alignment / balancing issue. Pls. take it to a reputed tyre balancing /alignment outlet and they should fix it
Their explanation did make sense to me. They say since the Steering is an EPS unit, the sensors need to be calibrated. And this is supposedly a "reported" issue for which hyundai has released a software patch.
Warwithwheels is offline  
Old 13th October 2015, 17:10   #461
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,067
Thanked: 3,486 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ite-i20/23348/

Prices of Creta go up by 25K!
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 13th October 2015, 17:28   #462
Distinguished - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,386
Thanked: 3,129 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Just returned from seeing the Creta. Possibly the one Hyundai vehicle I can actually see in my garage (also due to lack of options) with decent seating and suspension.
Only sore point was that the A/T is nearly 18L on road with a 5 month waiting period!!
lamborghini is online now  
Old 13th October 2015, 17:31   #463
BHPian
 
chetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 477
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

I would like to know the correct tire pressure for the Creta,normal and full load. Not the normal air but Nitrogen.
I have an SX Diesel and I am just Loving this car Immensely. I had a Duster 85ps and loved that care but found the handling to be better on the Creta and very much satisfied with the features that come in this Model. Anybody looking to buy, pls go ahead, you wont regret your decision.
chetan is offline  
Old 13th October 2015, 18:24   #464
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Got my grey creta automatic last week. Everything there is to know about the car has already been said in this thread. But one thing i just cant get over is the brilliant NVH levels. Never experienced such a quiet diesel engine. Imagine how much quieter it would be if there was a hood sound dampener in the front??

Added original genous leather seats. Tan leather colour. Looks a bit like the BMW saddle brown colour.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-111.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-112.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0070-2.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0073-3.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0074-2.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0075-2.jpg
vinj14 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 21:55   #465
BHPian
 
karts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 105
Thanked: 82 Times
Default re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Got my grey creta automatic last week. Everything there is to know about the car has already been said in this thread. But one thing i just cant get over is the brilliant NVH levels. Never experienced such a quiet diesel engine. Imagine how much quieter it would be if there was a hood sound dampener in the front??
Congratulations, +1 to that, the NVH is one thing which makes me buy a hyundai again & again, i20 crdi before and now a Verna 1.6 crdi, even if you revv hard, the engine note is vrooommm and not trrrrrr. Happy miles
karts is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks