Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 23:36   #466
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Got my grey creta automatic last week. Everything there is to know about the car has already been said in this thread. But one thing i just cant get over is the brilliant NVH levels.
Congratulations on the new ride and wishing you many happy and safe miles with it.

I've been thinking to change my 2009 Verna Diesel over the last 6-8 months and I wanted to move away from Hyundai products just because of poor handling and drivability. I was looking at any other brand but not Hyundai until about May 2015 after which I started following this thread. Slowly started getting some interest into Hyundai again. Once Creta was released, I went for a TD with an expectation of slightly better handling and driveability compared to my Verna. The first thing I noticed was the NVH levels which is on par with a petrol engine (I might be exaggerating a bit here, but it is indeed quiet). The drive dynamics and handling were miles ahead of my 2009 Verna. I must say I was impressed and came away with a smile.
I recently sold my Verna and will be planning to buy a new vehicle in 2016 as I want the next year model. Creta is at the top of my list and almost made up my mind. Hope I can gather my finances by then...!
thatsdileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 11:54   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ite-i20/23348/

Prices of Creta go up by 25K!

The Ones who have already made the entire payment and still waiting for the delivery will also have to shell out extra 25k or does it imply on new bookings??
Old 14th October 2015, 12:07   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin18us View Post

The Ones who have already made the entire payment and still waiting for the delivery will also have to shell out extra 25k or does it imply on new bookings??
Final bill will be prepared when you take delivery of the car. I dont think anyone will pay the full bill and wait for the car. I had the same experience with the ecosport but escaped the price hike by a day. You will need to pay the price of the car which is applicable at the time of delivery.

Local dealer update - Creta petrol increased by 10K+ and Diesel by 20k+ from today.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 12:09   #469
BHPian

I dont see this news anywhere else. Even the Hyundai site shows the old price.
Is it true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin18us View Post

Old 14th October 2015, 22:20   #470
BHPian

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Beiji...rchweb201560_2

Tempted to go for this.
But is it a safe? Will it increase the temp in the engine bay?
Is there any fire risk?
Safety trumps improving the NVH levels. So please advice
Old 15th October 2015, 14:24   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Their explanation did make sense to me. They say since the Steering is an EPS unit, the sensors need to be calibrated. And this is supposedly a "reported" issue for which hyundai has released a software patch.
@Warwithwheels - Some one who explains the procedure can be found here

Damn this is ridiculous as we must visit the HASS everytime an alignment is done? What were the folks thinking ?

But hey I see another angle to it - Get the alignment and balancing done at HASS or pay for the sensor calibration
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 18:28   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@Warwithwheels - Some one who explains the procedure can be found here

Damn this is ridiculous as we must visit the HASS everytime an alignment is done? What were the folks thinking ?

But hey I see another angle to it - Get the alignment and balancing done at HASS or pay for the sensor calibration
Thanks so much for the link! Called up my SA again to check about the availability of the equipment. He says that there are still not equipped to carry out the calibration.

Will it affect the vehicle in any other manner except for the spoilt dynamics?!
Old 15th October 2015, 19:09   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai Creta 1.6L diesel SX+ AT is now commanding a waiting period of a minimum of 6 months!

Quote:
our enquiries with Hyundai dealers across major Indian cities revealed that the Creta has taken the S-Cross’ challenge in its stride. Dealers said the Creta continued to receive enquiries and consumer attention in showrooms and that a majority of Creta buyers were existing car owners looking to own a bigger vehicle.

Although it’s up against established competitors like the Renault Duster and Mahindra’s recently updated XUV500, the Creta is luring prospective buyers into showrooms with its SUV-like design and long list of features. Dealers also said that buyers were appreciating the refined petrol and diesel engines, upmarket cabin design along with the overall fit and finish.

In most cities, the petrol trims were selling in majority while across the petrol and diesel variants, the top trims saw maximum demand. However, the long waiting period of three to four months for the petrol and diesel manual and six to eight months for the diesel automatic can become a bugbear.
ACI
Old 15th October 2015, 19:45   #474
BHPian

I wonder if the waiting period of manual is indeed 3 to 4 months. If you look at the sales chart, the Verna which was doing 4 to 5k per month has come down to 1k. ( Even Elantra is reduced to double digits. I remember it was doing 600-700 at its peak). So cant they make use of the free capacity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Hyundai Creta 1.6L diesel SX+ AT is now commanding a waiting period of a minimum of 6 months!

ACI
Old 15th October 2015, 20:54   #475
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Their explanation did make sense to me. They say since the Steering is an EPS unit, the sensors need to be calibrated. And this is supposedly a "reported" issue for which hyundai has released a software patch.
After reading your post in this thread i jumped out to reply, as same incidence happened with me, but at that time i was not member of Team-BHP. Yesterday only my membership was approved and today i wrote about this query, finding a appropriate thread (as i own a elite). Also, i wanted to link your query answer to my post, but being a new member dont know much, but soon i will catch up.

Quote:
Improper alignment can cause irregular tyre wear, but for some kms it wont affect them, but please alignment done and sensor calibration ASAP.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2015 at 08:38. Reason: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Please limit smileys to 2 per post. Thanks!
Dieseldrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 21:43   #476
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldrifter View Post

Improper alignment can cause irregular tyre wear, but for some kms it wont affect them, but please alignment done and sensor calibration ASAP.
@Warwithwheels your query has been answered partially by Dieseldrifter -

The other issue is unpredictable behaviour under braking. Pls. get it fixed asap
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 14:12   #477
BHPian

Hi guys,

Happy to say that I have completed a month of owning the Creta (CRDi, SXO). Clocked 1400 kms and today is the first service.

Just to let the forum know, did my second refuel yesterday and the FE reads at 12.54 kmpl. This is purely city drive and the traffic in Bangalore is pretty bad most of the time. Remembered an occasion where it took nearly 2 hours to move a distance of 1.5kms. So, quite happy with the FE.

Though the FE in our earlier Xcent was 3 kmpl better than this (in similar driving conditions), the present ride speaks for it and I feel I made the correct choice in owning a Creta.

Cheers.
MindOnWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 09:35   #478
BHPian

Looks like the price increase of Creta is approx 20k for ex-showroom Delhi:

Petrol
VariantEx-Showroom Price (INR)
1.6L Dual VTVT 6-Speed Manual Base 869,461
1.6L Dual VTVT 6-Speed Manual S 967,062
1.6L Dual VTVT 6-Speed Manual SX+ 1,129,548
Diesel
VariantEx-Showroom Price (INR)
1.4L CRDi 6-Speed Manual BASE 956,940
1.4L CRDi 6-Speed Manual S 1,052,226
1.4L CRDi 6-Speed Manual S+ 1,155,030
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX 1,179,971
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX+ 1,277,770
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX (O) 1,380,156
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Automatic SX+ 1,377,771

Source:
http://m.hyundai.co.in/mobile/prices.aspx
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 12:02   #479
Senior - BHPian

It sure does command premium prices for what is essentially a glorified hatchback. Or even an i20 cross on stilts. I see a same buzz around Hyundai, as there was once for the Maruti Swift and later the Mahindra Scorpio, once the hive takes to something, then the company really makes money out of their products.

Are the folks who are buying the Creta really comparing with peers such as the Renault Duster AWD ? Or is it just a 'I am on safe side' now since there are so many Hyundai's on the road kinda decision.

Last edited by lurker : 17th October 2015 at 12:04.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 13:06   #480
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Are the folks who are buying the Creta really comparing with peers such as the Renault Duster AWD ? Or is it just a 'I am on safe side' now since there are so many Hyundai's on the road kinda decision.
Most of these suv's or cross overs are instant hits the minute they are released in India, our people love these cars with high ground clearance. Duster was a sensation when it launched, same with Ecosport and now Creta. Hyundai knows what people love and they do provide smart looking vehicles with good amount of gadgetry that are comfortable to drive. People in India give preference to interiors, exteriors, equipments levels and service support over vehicle dynamics and Hyundai very well knows it.

My uncle recently bought a Creta and when i questioned him if he considered XUV or Duster, he stated that he is aware of so many niggles with xuv and Renault is still not there when it comes to service levels + the interiors do not feel like a 16 lakh car. Service levels and resale are two major reasons why Maruti and Hyundai are top considerations when the aam junta wants to buy a car, they do not want to experiment with Ford, Renault or Volkswagen etc.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th October 2015 at 13:08.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks