Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 19:36   #556
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+

+1000.

Just checked AliExpress and found the prices are ranging from 21K to 39K including shipping. IMO what price you have been quoted is good enough.

But overall and my honest opinion, stick to stock looks. If your worried of scratches etc, get the bumpers PPF'ed (Paint Protection Film) by 3M. They are excellent and work well.

These bumper guards will hamper your guaranteed protection as quoted by Hyundai during a crash. The damage caused by these guards are more than protection. These guards are more of a style statement.
aliexpress is quite a ripoff too but it is the only option if you have no other means of sourcing things from China. I would never use that site simply because options are so limited and delivery times so slow. I always prefer to get my things from taobao.com (chinese equivalent to flipkart, ebay & amazon combined) Since I myself travel there frequently and have parents living there I find this option much more convenient. You can see the link I attach the actual price of product in discussion Rs 3800 approx.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...cket=16#detail
Old 12th November 2015, 20:39   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
aliexpress is quite a ripoff too but it is the only option if you have no other means of sourcing things from China. I would never use that site simply because options are so limited and delivery times so slow. I always prefer to get my things from taobao.com (chinese equivalent to flipkart, ebay & amazon combined) Since I myself travel there frequently and have parents living there I find this option much more convenient. You can see the link I attach the actual price of product in discussion Rs 3800 approx.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...cket=16#detail
That link is definitely useful and gives an idea on how its to be fixed. My earlier guess was right, looks like this isn't bolted to the chasis rather its attached to the existing bumper.
Old 14th November 2015, 07:29   #558
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
That link is definitely useful and gives an idea on how its to be fixed. My earlier guess was right, looks like this isn't bolted to the chasis rather its attached to the existing bumper.
Here's a video on YouTube - installation of the bumper guard. Flimsy in my opinion.

Old 14th November 2015, 11:58   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Creta shod with Matt black 18 inch alloys, 235 profile Michelins, 3M black gloss roof and rear three quarter, and black leather seats.

Belongs to a friend and shares garage with a 530D Msport, C200, and a Cayman S.
This mod has changed the look all together. It makes it look so upper class and premium. Wonder how much it would have costed?
Old 15th November 2015, 16:02   #560
BHPian

My Whiger (After 2 Months)

> 3M Glossy Black from 3M Care Whitefield Bangalore.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583293777.jpgReview: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583307776.jpgReview: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583315746.jpg
My Whiger was looking too white for my taste and added elite black touch on the rear pillars. And the glossy black was a tough decision over matte as I found the later not blending well with the front and rear windshield mirrors. I was not totally convinced to cover my shark fin antenna with vinyl and went with the sunroof look covering only 3/4th of the roof.

The rear sunshades are the nicest things I bought from Amazon.co.uk that works like socks and they are universal fit.

> Matte Black Deerskin Leather Seat Covers from Imperial Leathers & 3M Nomad Mats from 3M Care Whitefield
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583329656.jpgReview: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583340605.jpgReview: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583348886.jpgReview: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583360580.jpg
For my whiger seats I got the OEM covers removed for a snug fit. I feel the double red thread complemented well with the black covers. And the leather steering cover was from Devraj as I also shared in my previous ownership review.

And the Nomad mats from 3M are expensive buy but does the job flawlessly as advertised. However I found them to be frustrating enough already for the folds and the loose flap ends.

> iX25 16 piece Slot Pads from Aliexpress
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583380755.jpgReview: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583390916.jpg
These ix25 slot pads are waste of time and money as they arrived after a months time and does not fit well for the indian version iX25 (Creta). Though the quality is good I regret for this purchase reminding me only 10 out of 16 pieces I could use.

> Steel-Mate TPMS TP-70 from Amazon.com
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1447583398495.jpg
I fancy buying a TPMS for a long time now and was very fond of FOBO TPMS since its project and pre-order times as it is one sophisticated product that can connect to the mobile display. However while my thoughts were running in saving mode I ordered this gem at 50% of FOBO price.

This sensor and display is so damn easy to setup and works like plug and play. I am feeling good to be in control of my tyres pressure and punctures. Maintaining even pressure on all tyres is to worry less about wear out.

Last edited by gotovamsee : 16th November 2015 at 15:51.
gotovamsee is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 01:19   #561
BHPian

I am using a creta automatic in kolkata and found the cars ride really very jittery and the rear seat backrest angle too far back. Checked the tire pressure and it was the recommended 33. Is anyone else finding the ride jittery and what's the solution. Most reviews say the ride is soft but I'm finding it really shaky. Of course kolkata road surfaces are full of patchwork.
Old 18th November 2015, 22:52   #562
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
I fancy buying a TPMS for a long time now and was very fond of FOBO TPMS since its project and pre-order times as it is one sophisticated product that can connect to the mobile display. However while my thoughts were running in saving mode I ordered this gem at 50% of FOBO price.

This sensor and display is so damn easy to setup and works like plug and play. I am feeling good to be in control of my tyres pressure and punctures. Maintaining even pressure on all tyres is to worry less about wear out.
Can you post some pictures of the sensors and give some more info on the TPMS's working? FOBO costs like 179$. How much did this cost you?
Old 19th November 2015, 14:28   #563
BHPian

Hi Guys,

During the Diwali holidays, found time to replace the stock speakers and add an Amp. Thanks BNM for your reference about SLNP Pitstop, though got this done at their Yelahanka branch. I believe Afsar did a great job and the systems sounds definitely better.

Focal component speakers - ISS 165
Rockford Fosgate Amp - R250-4. (understand that there a new version to this same model, though I got the older one)

Some pics included.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-focal-speakers.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-amp-unboxed.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-comparison-speakers.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-comparison-2-tweeters.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-connectors.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fitting-speakers-.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-amp-placed-neatly-under-front-passenger-seat.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-blue-light-comes-.jpg  

MindOnWheels is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:32   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
I am using a creta automatic in kolkata and found the cars ride really very jittery and the rear seat backrest angle too far back. Checked the tire pressure and it was the recommended 33. Is anyone else finding the ride jittery and what's the solution. Most reviews say the ride is soft but I'm finding it really shaky. Of course kolkata road surfaces are full of patchwork.
I have just taken delivery of Creta Automatic about a week ago. After the Chennai rains, some stretches of road have a series of undulations. On one such road, the first time I travelled just slightly fast and the vehicle shook really disconcertingly. Otherwise there is no issue with the ride quality. Cheers
Old 24th November 2015, 17:20   #565
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai to increase Creta manufacturing output:

Quote:
Hyundai Motor India Ltd is increasing production of its new SUV Creta to 10,000 units a month to meet demand as bookings cross 70,000 units in the domestic market.

The company, which has also received export order of 15,770 units, said it will explore new international markets soon.

According to company officials, the increase in output will come about during this month. Previously, the company has been producing around 7,200 units of the model, but decided to increase it in the wake of strong demand with waiting period exceeding over 3-4 months depending on variants.

HMIL said the Creta has received over 70,000 bookings and 3,40,000 enquiries in India and over 15,770 orders globally since its launch in July this year.
Source:
http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...0.ece?w=alauto
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 20:44   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post

[b]My Whiger (After 2 Months)
Woah gotovamsee I think you must patent your idea bro, else Hyundai may just grab it from you

Seriously, I actually thought for a second as to what was RR Evoque doing on Creta thread. Really well thought of and subtle mods

I think there is only one major flaw I see here bro, 'Lack of Ownership Report'. Please post that at the earliest.
Old 24th November 2015, 22:29   #567
BHPian

The never ending rains are wrecking havoc here in chennai. When I'm driving in roads with ankle deep water I hear this grinding noise (like scraping rubber against a rough metal surface ) when I apply the brakes. It gets really loud sometimes. This common? I had a 2003 Honda Accord automatic that exhibited similar symptoms during the rains.

Should I be worried?
Old 24th November 2015, 22:56   #568
BHPian

After 110 days wait, my polar bear finally arrived on 14th Nov. While i was waiting for car to be delivered i was going through official reviews, owner threads by RavenAvi, BMN, Naveen and others.

I had decided that my Polar bear will not go into any hibernation but still mutate into a Panda. Last week contacted BNM and based on his recommendations took appointment for last Saturday with Hameed (Xpert Car care).

After incessant rain for last 10 days, weather had nicely cleared up in Bangalore. I landed up at workshop by around 11.30 am and had expected to be done will all mods by 6pm. But that was not case and I had to wait for 9 hrs as I spent every hour anxiously watching the mutation under progress. End of the day it was all worth and results are there for everyone to see.

Thanks for BNM for coming down to workshop by evening and staying back till all the job is done, price negotiated and I ride my Panda back home.

* 3M Roof Wrap
* 3M PPF [ Wing Mirrors, Door Handle Pockets, Door Edges]
* 3M CR 70 sunfilm all around
* 3M type noodle mats [not 3M]
* Laser cut Number plate
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151122_111919.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151122_112040.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151122_100504.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151122_121048.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151122_111954.jpg  

Last edited by NaveenKD : 24th November 2015 at 23:09.
NaveenKD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 01:14   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Do the windows have black tints? I thought CR70 is a transparent sun film. You might have trouble with the black tints.
Old 25th November 2015, 03:03   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
After 110 days wait, my polar bear finally arrived on 14th Nov. While i was waiting for car to be delivered i was going through official reviews, owner threads by RavenAvi, BMN, Naveen and others.

I had decided that my Polar bear will not go into any hibernation but still mutate into a Panda. Last week contacted BNM and based on his recommendations took appointment for last Saturday with Hameed (Xpert Car care).

After incessant rain for last 10 days, weather had nicely cleared up in Bangalore. I landed up at workshop by around 11.30 am and had expected to be done will all mods by 6pm. But that was not case and I had to wait for 9 hrs as I spent every hour anxiously watching the mutation under progress. End of the day it was all worth and results are there for everyone to see.

Thanks for BNM for coming down to workshop by evening and staying back till all the job is done, price negotiated and I ride my Panda back home.

* 3M Roof Wrap
* 3M PPF [ Wing Mirrors, Door Handle Pockets, Door Edges]
* 3M CR 70 sunfilm all around
* 3M type noodle mats [not 3M]
* Laser cut Number plate
Looks great with the subtle mods, any reason you skipped on wrapping the shark fin? Could you please share the break-up of costs from 3M for us who want to get similar mods done in other cities, would be great help when negotiating.

Most Viewed