Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 18:38   #601

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Thanks for the tip off. Can the wet and dry vacuum cleaner suck the water below the carpet? The carpet is almost 2 inches thick.
Once part of our office space was drenched in water due to faulty pipes leading to fire safety sprinklers. Office admins and boys used wet and dry vacuum to clean it dry. It was perfect dry next day. So I am sure it will work. If you don't have access to one, you can at least use news papers with some weight on it. keep changing until the news papers are no more moist. Then you can use the hair dryer to dry the carpet further. Hope this helps. I had done this once when I bought an Oscar fish and it broke off its polyethylene cover. All the best and keep safe.
Old 4th December 2015, 18:53   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_SYZ View Post
All the best and keep safe.
Thanks so much! But are the carpets usually so thick?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2761.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2764.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2766.jpg
Old 4th December 2015, 19:40   #603

Quote:
Thanks so much! But are the carpets usually so thick?
Office carpets are heavy duty and at least half thick. But those are flat surfaces and easy to vacuum. Definitely a tough task at hand for you. I believe old news paper should help you a lot. You might need loads of it. Keep changing frequently.
Old 4th December 2015, 22:23   #604

Did a marathon drive today from Trivandrum to Chennai and back within 22hrs. Went there to pick up few of my friends who were stranded there. Got a good mileage of around 15 kmpl. I decided to open up the engine. The average speed was close to 80. The figures could be better if I would have chosen another route. The stretch from Nagercoil to city took nearly 3 hours both sides.
Really impressed with the overall performance of the engine.

Last edited by Eddy : 4th December 2015 at 22:55. Reason: Removed references of speeding on public roads.
Old 6th December 2015, 20:38   #605
BHPian

Last week we became proud owners of silver colored Creta AT . It was a long wait from last year since the rumors of Indian launch of ix25 started floating around. Had been following all news, leaks, preview, etc. very keenly. Would like to thank RavenAvi for keeping us updated all along as well as for his detailed ownership review. Also, would like to thank mod moralfibre for the comprehensive official review. Have also followed and learned a lot from BNM and Naveenraju's ownership thread. Kudos to all of you.

Major (non-negotiable) requirements were:
1. Auto transmission: even though more than 60% of usage will be on highways
2. High ground clearance (at least 180mm)
3. Good safety equipment
4. Good stability and ride on highways
4. Self as well as spouse should be able to ride it comfortably
5. Fuss-free ownership as this car would be used daily

Other (nice-to-have) requirements were:
1. Diesel engine: as I don't want to have per km cost to get in my way of taking it on outstation trips.
2. Preferably 5 seater (don't mind a 7-seater if all other criteria are met even though the last seat will be removed/remain unoccupied)
3. Top variant with as much OEM features as possible as I don't like to add after-market electronics

Budget: Lesser the better Approx 15 lac but can stretch it a little more since we do plan to keep it for more than 5 years.

Options considered:
1. Ford Ecosport: Was edged out due to less overall space, lower engine power, petrol engine and stiffer ride.
2. S-Cross: Was eagerly waiting for this launch and comparison. I liked the interiors (and build quality!) very much but was ruled out since there was no AT. Ditto with i-20 Active.
3. TUV300: Wife ruled it out. Case dismissed without any hearings. Even I had some doubts about the combination of Mahindra + AMT box so did not press hard.
4. Jazz & Baleno: Had a look at it but they were never really in contention.
5. Yeti: Budget and the manufacturer reputation ruled this one out.
6. Duster & Terrano: again ruled out due to non availability of AT.
7. XUV500: The news of XUV500 AT came too late. Could have been a strong contender.

Booking Process:
Stories about high-handedness of Hyundai dealers came true in my case too. Car was booked in July just before launch. Was one of the first few bookings but the dealer insisted on inflated charges for the insurance, RTO, illegal handling charges, mandatory extended warranty as well as finance through their preferred agent. Had to make official complaints with Hyundai customer care. Customer care agents had to reluctantly agree with the valid points raised by me. Still they did not do enough to get me the delivery before the price increase. I still came out ahead even after price increase since gap in insurance charge was very high. This was due to the fact that I was transferring 50% NCB .

Accessories:
1. Have ordered art-leather seat covers. Expecting delivery and fitting in few days.
2. Durosoft floor matt: cut to the size locally. 2 pieces for front, 1 piece for rear and 1 piece for trunk.
3. Am considering full PVC matt under the durosoft matt since I have observed that dust still makes it way through to the carpet under the durosoft matt. All seats will be removed when fitting the seat cover. That would be a good time to get the PVC matting done too. Any comments/suggestions/warnings on the PVC floor matting would be welcome.
4. Air pump with detachable digital pressure guage and auto cut-off feature
5. Wiper stands
6. Jopasu duster
7. 3M car shampoo
8. Glass cleaner/wiper
9. Microfiber cloths
10. Will be getting 3M under-body anti-rusting treatment with 5 year warranty.
11. Am considering 3M paint protection just for the bumpers. It is too costly for the whole body. Any comments/suggestions on the paint protection would be welcome.
12. UV & sun ray protection: don't want to install sunfilm as I plan to take the car outstations on many occasions. Cops given special attention to out of state/city cars. Looking forward to other suggestions.
13. Front arm rest: I have the driver seat adjusted to the highest setting. With this, the front arm rest sits too low for me. I am looking at options to increase the height of the arm rest. Can I pad it up with foam of something similar to increase its height by couple of inches? This is a real bummer especially for AT cars.
14. Silicon remote key cover
15. Am thinking of sticking couple of hooks in the trunk. Should make it easier to carry shopping bags.

Drive:
All negative thoughts about dealership experience, over priced car, etc. simply vanishes the moment one starts driving this machine. In fact, the positive vibes starts even before one steps in. Just a glance is enough to forgive and forget all the trials and tribulations. Similar to the feeling one gets when he spots his girlfriend who is late by an hour. The moment you see her you forget about the agonizing and weary wait!

I don't have much to add beyond what BNM has put so well about driving the AT variant. All I can say is that I am very satisfied. Make that we are very satisfied. Already we have had cases where both of us want to be in the drivers' seat. No complaints from the back seat either. We are still in the run-in phase so have not pushed the engine too far. However overtaking on highways has not been an issue so far in the limited drives. There is lag at slow speed but it is not an irritant.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151206_135848002.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151206_140114.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151206_140337.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151206_140506.jpg  

sohu9 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 22:16   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

The Creta's cumulative dealer dispatch numbers for the month of November 2015 have taken a dip, down to 5,837 units, which puts it at number 14 in the list of Top 20 bestselling cars.

Chennai floods effect? If yes, I expect the dip to continue for December 2015 as well.

Old 7th December 2015, 00:02   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
13. Front arm rest: I have the driver seat adjusted to the highest setting. With this, the front arm rest sits too low for me. I am looking at options to increase the height of the arm rest. Can I pad it up with foam of something similar to increase its height by couple of inches? This is a real bummer especially for AT cars.
Arm Rest Protective Pad from aliexpress might be of help. Check out the below link.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-C...rchweb201560_2
kmsithan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 08:46   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Arm Rest Protective Pad from aliexpress might be of help. Check out the below link.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-C...rchweb201560_2
This is an excellent idea, in fact I would go one step ahead and have it customized by visiting your near tailor who stitches beds and sofa coves and have it customized as per your requirement. It will also cost less and you get to choose your own material as well. Its simple design and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to have it stiched
Old 7th December 2015, 19:21   #609
Senior - BHPian

After wading thru some deep water (the water was lil below the wheel arch), what are the checks do we need to perform?

My car is running well but I have a feeling that I should get it checked.
Old 7th December 2015, 20:02   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After wading thru some deep water (the water was lil below the wheel arch), what are the checks do we need to perform?

My car is running well but I have a feeling that I should get it checked.

Not sure that you need to check anything if the car is doing fine. I would only want to check if the brakes are fully in order. Also check if there is any muck in the engine compartment and have the car totally cleaned in order to remove any sediment deposits.
If the gears are engaging fine and the car is behaving as usual, there is no need for any checks.
Old 7th December 2015, 22:37   #611
BHPian

I am thinking of going for Creta sx+ diesel. I had put up this question in other threads also, but could not get a positive response.
My query is regarding the speed sensitive/time delayed auto door lock, after the vehicle starts moving. I don't know how much money Hyundai is saving by offering it only in the top most sx-o model, whereas Maruti has been offering it in the swift for the past 10 years.
The question for the owners/experts is whether this feature can be added, in the lower varients, other than sx-o, by hardware or software means?
Thanks.

Last edited by gsratta : 7th December 2015 at 22:39.
Old 7th December 2015, 23:10   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
The question for the owners/experts is whether this feature can be added, in the lower varients, other than sx-o, by hardware or software means?
Thanks.
Please see my answer here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3812810

AFAIK, it cannot be enabled via ECM/software. It can only be added via installing a separate security alarm system which is not available yet.

Or you might want to take a chance with this

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...363741735.html

which will require connecting 2 additional wires.
Old 8th December 2015, 12:43   #613
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys! Quick help. Need to flush the engine oil of my creta diesel. Which brand and what spec should I go for? I have driven 2500 kms. Synthetic or mineral? Changing because I suspect my engine oil is contaminated.
Old 8th December 2015, 14:04   #614
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys! Quick help. Need to flush the engine oil of my creta diesel. Which brand and what spec should I go for? I have driven 2500 kms. Synthetic or mineral? Changing because I suspect my engine oil is contaminated.
Since you will need to flush the old oil out too, I do not recommended any expensive oil. Use mineral

First drain all the existing oil. Then pour some new oil to flush out the remaining old oil. Once you have flushed out the old oil fully, then fill the new oil.

When you go for the next service, you can opt for synthetic or meneral

cheers

KPS
Old 9th December 2015, 13:07   #615
BHPian

If anyone is interested to smoke tail lamps of Creta and wondering how it would look.

The only reason why I wanted to to try this out is because with red body color the tail lamp is not as prominent and doesn't do justice to the beauty of its design and until I can procure led tail lamps from China from the ix25.

Also if anyone is interested to know where to get body color vinyl to cover chrome on trunk let me know since the color match is near identical and I like it much better than chrome given on sx(o).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151202_1413402.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151201_133500.jpg  

souvik6 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks