Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 16:45   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Sat Nav

I have never used the sat nav in my creta (haven't felt the need to since I mostly drive between 2 points). Anyway, the problem is, I sometimes suddenly hear a loud "Curve ahead" announcement coming out of the HU. Happens at random curves but repeatedly on one particular curve on the way to my sisters place.

Anyone else experience this? Can it be fixed?
There's some way to bypass this but here's what I did. Go to Navigation/map and click the volume icon on the right side of the screen and mute it . That's my solution.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 16:45   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Would in make sense to wait and pay maybe around 5 lakhs more OTR? It will predominantly be used as a daily runaround and will be driven by my driver in city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Yes, I think it does make sense to wait for the Tucson. It's a size bigger than the Creta with larger engines, and the rear seat should also be more spacious & comfortable (since it's primarily going to be chauffeur driven)..
"A size bigger than the Creta" is not necessarily a good thing in Bangalore, no? Plus, 5 lakh is not small money by any means.

@ Arjun Reddy - If you can afford it, I think the Creta is one of the few "best of all worlds" sort of vehicle in the market right now. Go for it!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 12th January 2016, 18:08   #723
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I would like to add a point here. You mentioned yourself that both are hatchbacks-on-steroids which is what most of members here agree. Now you can look at the launch presentations of both products. Renault never claimed Kwid to be wannabe UV, but Mahindra did that which certainly draws people's attention on why they are claiming it to be a UV when it is not. In fact I have the same problem with Creta's tagline (The Perfect SUV) too.
Spot-on, absolutely! Mahindra has climbed on to the quasi-hatch-suv bandwagon with their KUV100 - and for me thats a disappointment.

My hope - unlikely though it looks at the moment - is that M&M may provide the KUV100 with an AWD alternative (as they did with the XUV500) sometime later. The TUV300 had the figurative fig-leaf of RWD configuration & that ladder-frame chassis to save the day! No such luck for the KUV100!
Old 12th January 2016, 19:43   #724
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
That is because if a product ........they create half baked products, they will receive flak.
I guess rahul rao's rejoinder (post#711) to your post (#710) addresses your concerns adequately and so I rest my case.
Old 14th January 2016, 18:18   #725
BHPian

My 2 week old Creta 1.6 SX CRDi had very stubborn hard water spots on all glass surfaces. This happened when the car was washed the first time at the stockyard with "mineral rich" water . The stains refused to go in the second car wash, at my regular car wash center. Colin Glass Cleaner was of no use.

I figured out a very safe and economical way to remove them completely. NOTE: Safe, if done carefully.

I used Colin Power Cleaner (Label reads "Colin Power Cleaner Removes Hard Water Stains & Tough Dirt". Note that this is NOT the Colin Glass Cleaner. This hard water stain remover that comes in a violet colored bottle with a orange cap is not easily available in local grocery stores/small supermarkets. This product is supposed to be used on taps/water faucets to remove hard water stains without using abrasive scouring pads.

Colin Power Cleaner is acid based. So, I had to exercise a lot of caution when using it on the car windows to make sure not a drop touched metal/painted surfaces. I dabbed a small quantity on a sponge and when the sponge soaked it up without dripping, I applied it on the glass, again making sure nothing dripped and ran down the window glass/run channels/beading/paint surface on the door. I let the cleaner stand for a minute or two and then wiped it off carefully with a wet cloth. I repeated the wet cloth wipe some 3-4 times until all traces of Colin were off the glass and rubber beading and the black laminate on the windows. All hard water marks gone in a jiffy! No damage to glass, whatsoever!

Another word of caution - If you want to try this on your car, never apply abrasive cleaners on the inside surface of glass that has defogger wires printed on the surface.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 10:00   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
My 2 week old Creta 1.6 SX CRDi had very stubborn hard water spots on all glass surfaces. This happened when the car was washed the first time at the stockyard with "mineral rich" water . The stains refused to go in the second car wash, at my regular car wash center. Colin Glass Cleaner was of no use.

Try Addon windshield wash solution. It is a blue coloured alcoholic solution to be diluted in water at the rate of 30 ml/ Lit.
I usually keep a 2 Lit sprayer bottle with distilled water, and add 60 ml of the solution to it. I spray the solution on the stained glass and wipe off after some time and repeat. The last wipe off is by the wipers be sure that the blades are clean.

Using a garden spray bottle works better than spray from the windshield washer nozzels.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 15:51   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Sat Nav

I have never used the sat nav in my creta (haven't felt the need to since I mostly drive between 2 points). Anyway, the problem is, I sometimes suddenly hear a loud "Curve ahead" announcement coming out of the HU. Happens at random curves but repeatedly on one particular curve on the way to my sisters place.

Anyone else experience this? Can it be fixed?
This may be useful when driving on unknown highways. There are certain unmarked curves on highways which are very accident-prone, or where one might lose control of car at very high speed. So there may be times when this could be helpful.

However I would like to know if the warning/announcement while approaching a "marked point" could be turned off. Of course the biggest irritant is the opening warning screen where we have to "Agree" every time we turn on the car.

Last edited by sohu9 : 15th January 2016 at 15:52.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 20:27   #728
BHPian

Hi folks,

Completed 4 months of owning the Creta today (16 Jan) and magical mileage of 6666 kms.

This included 1500 kms of drive to Kochi and back, including a trip to Munnar

Just loving it! Quite happy for other Creta owners as well, as I can easily relate.
MindOnWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 21:37   #729
BHPian

Hi All,

I would like to ask those who are currently waiting for their Creta delivery in Bengaluru. What is the current waiting period quoted by dealers in Bengaluru for Creta Petrol ? I'm planning to book one for my wife who is abroad now and going to be back by end of April. So, obviously I don't want the car delivered anytime earlier.

Is it 2 months or 3, 4 ? What did your dealer promise you ? I understand, actual delivery could take longer too, but would give me an idea.

When I checked with a dealer ... he said 2 months... but when I told him, I needed it no earlier than May, he paused for a while, corrected himself and said, it would be 3 to 4 months. So, trying to hear from others in the same boat

Best wishes to all the Creta (and non-Creta) owners and thanks a bunch for all the tidbits ! Special thanks to RavenAvi for his detailed ownership review and GTO who always brings a unique viewpoint to the table.

Thanks !
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 13:17   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

I found the engine oil level in my Creta to be low when I checked on Sunday. Went to the service station yesterday and topped up the oil. Looks like it drinks a lot of oil or they forgot to top up during the first service. Anyways, please do check the level. My car now stands at around 7600 kms.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 11:02   #731
BHPian

Just a random thought here. After the S Cross price drop, it feels like the new S Cross' price is where both the S Cross and the Creta belong.

I remember how few forum members were expecting much lower price point for this car before launch with the insider information they have, however I'm guessing Hyundai sure jacked up their initial prices discussion after seeing the demand for the vehicle. With that Maruti probably thought they could pull it off as well.

Just mentioning it because lower price points are always better for the consumer but hey, I guess in the end its a business decision and Hyundai made the best of it.
Old 21st January 2016, 18:42   #732
BHPian

Having booked a 1.6 VTVT in the last week of October, was supposed to get delivery somewhere in mid of Feb, couple of days earlier I just felt like going to the dealership, the sales advisor was on leave so was directed towards the Sales Manager. After the initial sharing of details the sales manager first asks me whether I had requested for cancellation.

After giving him the dirtiest look and the sternest reply he runs for cover to take another look with the office staff and then comes and tells me my vehicle is not expected to be delivered till end of March!

He mentioned they are not getting any allocations and will have to wait for the same. I suspect some foul play, does the base 1.6 petrol have such a long wait? Can some one guide me on what would be next step.

Already mailed the official sales department of Hyundai and regional email Id which I found online but haven't got any response whatsoever. Please help.

Last edited by richie4u : 21st January 2016 at 18:45.
Old 25th January 2016, 17:45   #733
BHPian

Can someone tell me if the VIN numbers of the creta look like MALC381XXXXXXXXXXXX or MALA851XXXXXXXXXXXX ? especially the new ones... just some confusion..
Old 25th January 2016, 21:27   #734
BHPian

My Sales Guy has forwarded a VIN for the Creta which has the MALA851xxxx pattern. While all Cretas that I have seen people posting about have had the MALC381xxxxx pattern. Something to worry about ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Can someone tell me if the VIN numbers of the creta look like MALC381XXXXXXXXXXXX or MALA851XXXXXXXXXXXX ? especially the new ones... just some confusion..
Old 25th January 2016, 21:41   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
My Sales Guy has forwarded a VIN for the Creta which has the MALA851xxxx pattern. While all Cretas that I have seen people posting about have had the MALC381xxxxx pattern. Something to worry about ?
Well airguitar, the alphabets in MALA851 or MALC381 may be specifying the quarter of the year in which the car is manufactured hence A for the first quarter being manufactured in January.I may be wrong here but this might be the explanation for the same.
richie4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks