Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 12:04   #796

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishu2xll View Post
I booked my Creta SX+ VTVT on 25th February and took delivery on 28th feb. It's from MGF Hyundai at Alappuzha, Kerala. Got lucky I guess
Lucky you indeed . Many happy miles and smiles with your new car. I have the option of waiting it out and hoping someone cancels and then getting a shot at the car, but now that I'm more or less set on the car, I'll go ahead and get the "loaded" car. Which colour did is your Creta by the way?
Old 8th March 2016, 12:11   #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
Thanks for the update, this is sad, I've been in a similar confusion for some time now, cancelled one booking this weekend and still wondering about my options.

Though I believe Creta and Altis are in different leagues altogether, the offer on the Corolla is certainly very tempting though I'd suggest you to re-look at your requirements at this time, is it the road presence of a compact SUV you're after or the handling of a sedan for example.
Yes, the offer is very tempting, and that's why the entire confusion. I'm going to drive and use the car alone as of now and I don't have a big enough parking space at home, so the Creta makes much more sense in these aspects. Also, in my head it's a much more "fun" car than the Altis, but the Altis on the other hand is polished, more VFM at the discounted rates (not to mention they are giving a better exchange value for my Polo) and Altis is certainly going to hold better in the coming years, given I'm looking to keep the car for the next 5 year.
Old 9th March 2016, 18:00   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Got my grey creta automatic last week.

Added original genous leather seats. Tan leather colour. Looks a bit like the BMW saddle brown colour.
Hi,

Your car looks great!

Could you tell me where you got the seats and steering leather done?

Thanks

===
EDIT

Sorry just realised your car was hit by floods. Unfortunate

Cheers

Last edited by bharath14 : 9th March 2016 at 18:11. Reason: Fixing Quotes. Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 15:03   #799
Senior - BHPian

That's how it looks after the subtle mods (I'll post some daylight pics soon with a short review, perhaps) -

Initial impressions (post mods) -

1. The steering does feel heavier with the wider patch of tires. Grip is phenomenal, however, after driving the Vento as a daily driver, the brakes of the Creta still do not provide enough confidence. Spongy and uninspiring. Fuel economy seems to have dropped marginally.

2. Dealer fitted art leather seats was not a good investment. It looks good, but that's where it ends. Once again, comparing it with the OEM beige leather that the Vento had, the black does feel claustrophobic and you can definitely feel the difference between the quality of fitment. Dealer fitment is below par.

3. Guys at 3M did a good job with the gloss black roof. Looks sweet. However, be ready to get toasted once the summers set in. The now black art leather seats do not help either. The Creta's A/C is pretty decent - so that's sort of a relief! With a black roof dust is more visible on the top now than it was when without the wrap.

4. The alloys look sick with the red inner lip, however the gloss black needs constant cleaning - water drop marks somehow seem to stick to this finish. Need to invest in an alloy wheel cleaner / polisher.

Overall, love how these mods have changed the overall look and feel of the car. Looks premium and visibly different from the rest.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-photogrid_1457506544132.jpg  

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 10th March 2016 at 15:04.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 22:45   #800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
Which colour did is your Creta by the way?
It's white

I had a doubt, My creta vtvt has done 350 kms and I've found FE to be around 10-11 kmpl. I've never took her beyond 2200 rpm or 90 kmph. Admittedly my use consists of short trips, major of them over highways. Keeping all this in mind, Is the FE too low and can I expect better FE with more miles ?
vishu2xll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 10:25   #801
BHPian

Some owners like Reven seem to have got steering wrapper done without removing it. Most of the well known places (including dealers) insist on removing it. Can someone tell the reason for this?. Is it that the fit and finish wont be good if its not removed?
Old 13th March 2016, 14:00   #802

Hi, I'm just taking delivery of my Creta SX+ - Bluetooth is refusing to pair with my iPhone 6+. Has anyone faced issues with pairing iPhones? Thanks in advance for the help
Old 14th March 2016, 11:43   #803

Quote:
Hi, I'm just taking delivery of my Creta SX+ - Bluetooth is refusing to pair with my iPhone 6+. Has anyone faced issues with pairing iPhones? Thanks in advance for the help
Managed to solve the above by doing a hard reset of the unit with a pen - now pairing works perfectly.

Here are a couple of images of my SeoulMate
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0324.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender.jpg  

Now9084 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 13:37   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Managed to solve the above by doing a hard reset of the unit with a pen - now pairing works perfectly.

Looks great! The running board does add to the visual appeal. Is it really required & functional? I am contemplating whether to get one installed once my car arrives!
bharath14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 11:25   #805

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
Looks great! The running board does add to the visual appeal. Is it really required & functional? I am contemplating whether to get one installed once my car arrives!
Hi Bharath, many thanks for the compliment. Yes, I do think it adds to the appeal of an already very good looking car. Honestly, I wasn't too keen on the sideboard or the rear-guard, but this was a "loaded" car which could be given out for delivery immediately, so I took it up. In retrospect, I think it's a good decision - while I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have the side-board, I think it does help and would certainly help when my parents are using the vehicle. And like you said, adds to the looks
Now9084 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 16:08   #806
Senior - BHPian

The Hyundai Creta has officially crossed 1 lakh bookings. The SUV has found favour with Indian car buyers and around 56,000 units have been delivered so far. Hyundai will be raising the Creta's production levels by 30% to a total of 13,000 units per month of which, 10,000 units will be allocated to the domestic market.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 16:57   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The Hyundai Creta has officially crossed 1 lakh bookings.
Thanks.
A bit late in the day though. I clearly remember a report in last week of December, wherein Creta had garnered 92000 bookings and Mr Rakesh Srivastava proudly mentioned that they expected to cross 1 lakh booking in that month only.
I would say that with the Vitara Brezza aggressive launch, the Ford Ecosport aggressive price cut coupled with the price increases of Creta since its launch, the bookings from here on may not keep the same pace, but that is bound to happen after the initial euphoria.
So the real test on sustainability in Indian market will be seen in the coming six months. Hyundai however is likely to expand the export market since Creta has been well received in many countries so as to keep the production figures up there.
Old 15th March 2016, 18:11   #808
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Some owners like Reven seem to have got steering wrapper done without removing it. Most of the well known places (including dealers) insist on removing it. Can someone tell the reason for this?. Is it that the fit and finish wont be good if its not removed?
If not done properly, the air bags wont deploy ! Some reputed dealers like Stanley have stopped doing steerings because they got a couple of complaints where the air bags did not deploy. This is not specific to Hyundai but in general.
Old 16th March 2016, 01:02   #809
BHPian

Quote:

Hello ! Congratulations, The car looks sweet !

Could you tell me if you were allotted a registration number randomly or given choices or if you bid for it in the auction?
Old 16th March 2016, 10:54   #810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Hello ! Congratulations, The car looks sweet !

Could you tell me if you were allotted a registration number randomly or given choices or if you bid for it in the auction?
Thanks Jag . Was allotted the number randomly through their online process. If you want to choose odd/even numbers, apparently, you have to wait till a number is allotted to you and then seek a change to an odd/even (depending on your preference) after paying 25k. Special numbers obviously cost more. This was what was told to me by the dealer - so please reconfirm this. I was happy with the number, so didn't bother.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks