Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2016, 11:15   #856

Creta Warning Indication

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_9248.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I went to do a pre registration check on my Creta at the stock yard. The car seemed fine in all regards except this one strange warning in the Information Display. The fuse indication came on when I started the car. What does this mean? The dealership seemed to offer rubbish excuses stating that the music system had been disabled so stock yard staff couldnt play it. The music system and every other electrical worked fine.

Please help. I have stalled taking delivery of my car for now.

Thank you,

Raghav
Old 9th April 2016, 12:00   #857
BHPian

Re: Creta Warning Indication

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_exodus View Post
. The fuse indication came on when I started the car. What does this mean? The dealership seemed to offer rubbish excuses stating that the music system had been disabled so stock yard staff couldnt play it.
Raghav
Perhaps the transportation fuse is to be switched off?

Last edited by batterylow : 9th April 2016 at 12:12. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 12:02   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_exodus View Post

The car seemed fine in all regards except this one strange warning in the Information Display. The fuse indication came on when I started the car. What does this mean? The dealership seemed to offer rubbish excuses stating that the music system had been disabled so stock yard staff couldnt play it. The music system and every other electrical worked fine.

Raghav
Hi,

In these new hyundai cars like the grand i10 and Xcent, there is a switch inside the car's fuse box (the one near the panel below the steering.) Possibly the fuse switch is turned off and hence the reminder info. Turn it on and it would go. I've seen the same in an Xcent and can be the same case with creta. Maybe they turned it off for some checks. My experience is with this is limited to the Xcent but I feel it is nothing big to worry about. If your SA know his stuff he would have checked it. Good luck!

--gK--

PS: I bet you have the TBHP PDI checklist with you
--gKrish-- is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 12:57   #859
BHPian

If I am not wrong - it indicates that the master Fuse is OFF and you need to turn it ON. This was there at the time of a friends Elantra, they rectified it at the time of delivery.
Ahmed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 13:07   #860
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

A friend got a new Creta Diesel 1.6 Manual Top end version yesterday. He took us for a drive and then I wanted to drive too so off we went from Ghatkopar to Thane ( Just before the toll booth, took a U turn to drive back to Ghatkopar) and this was at 12:30 in the night, so the highway was more like a runway.

1) The engine feels like its a petrol, the NVH is so controlled, its amazing.

2) The engine is so rev friendly, that even if you revved it and drove, it would not protest.

3) The gearing is so tall, I was doing like 120 and it was ticking at a shade above 2000

4) The handling is very very stable, at speeds way in excess of what I mentioned above, the car was as stable as a rock, the steering was hard and it did not feel like the usual Hyundai's. Even over uneven road surfaces at high speeds the car was as stable as a Swift.

5) Under heavy braking from high speeds, the front did push down a bit, but that's okay.

6) The gearshift is AMAZING. I would rate it above the Swift's even which is known to have one of the best shifts around. It clicked perfectly, felt short and just felt amazing.

7) The steering wheel needs a special mention, its of the perfect size.

8) This clutch was very light and perfect for those city drives too

9) This car because of its power and tall gearing is a perfect highway tourer. Felt so comfortable from 80 to whatever I could manage

10) I don't think you can convert a Creta Customer to a Brezza ever, even with the price differential. Maruti needs the 1.6 DDIS to make that happen.

11) Now I want the Creta :( and this is coming from someone who LOVED the Brezza.
humyum is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 23:25   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Now I want the Creta :(
This post of yours alone is the biggest endorsement for this car, reading it almost makes me want to take a long test-drive (my last drive was during launch and lasted all of 5 minutes on a choked road). Not that I want a car of this size though, for the kind of city I'm in I rather prefer a car that is well under 4 meters and that's why I'm hanging on to the hatchback category.

Another thing that makes Team-BHP so good is the impartiality and myth-busting ability of members. Of late I'm seeing a generalization that ALL Hyundai cars are bad to drive and are boaty, I never felt that in all their cars. Truth be told this infamous problem started with the first gen i10, all generations of i20, and the fluidic iteration of Verna.. all of them had a soft, numb steering along with a springy foamy suspension which was ridiculously obvious in the I-Gen i20 (even at 50/60 the vehicle was rocking during turns). Their previous cars such as Getz & Verna 1st gen had excellent steering feel with a very stable suspension, the Santro too had a good steering and its only problem was the vehicle height which made it terrible during turns. It's good to see that the Creta is going back the these basics of a stable, firm ride, the Grand i10/Xcent too in my opinion have a much more sorted feel in terms of steering and ride quality. The Elite i20 still suffers from an awfully light steering which is neither precise nor feel-some enough, thus even with improved suspension the drive is still boring and vague.

All said Hyundai knows what it has to do and that's very reassuring in the end. The truth is most of the drivers who drive in city only will not notice much flaws, however they must make cars of neutral ride quality to please everyone. I hope they improve upon what they've done with the Creta, carry that over to the upcoming Elantra & Sonata and then tweak the smaller vehicles as well. Its the least they can do after having Albert Biermann join them as engineering chief. For the fastest growing automobile company in the world, they sure are taking their time to sort out the widespread negative comments on handling.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 16:25   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
Please ask for a written commitment from a senior manager there. They commit to some items and on delivery claim its not available with Hyundai. Hope they don't retort to such tricks in you case.

Hope you get things sorted and get to enjoy the car soon!

Unfortunately my problems with V3 Hyundai continues, they still are forcing me to take the Insurance from them, to which I have agreed, have also opted for the add on accessory package which includes underbody teflon coating. Have told them that I have got an offer of bumper to bumper and 3rd party insurance from outside at a rate of 39K, that is nearly a difference of 26k compared to theirs. I have told them just give me a total of 15K discount on the total package (with insurance + accessories from them) and with the goof-up from their end I really thought that this was a very good compromise. Really sad they are not even ready to give 10k. Its like buy it or leave it.

It seems that all Hyundai showrooms have made a pact within themselves to make most of the Creta demand.

Will try contacting Hyundai Motor Plaza and see, this is by far the most difficult buying experience from all my cars. Hope i can update with good news.
Old 11th April 2016, 21:40   #863
BHPian

Guys sorry for the back to back posts. Mods please merge if you deem fit.

Got a call from Hyundai we have finally worked out on a deal, a discount of 10K on the Insurance which I have accepted for now.

The problem now persists that I just found out that the new batch of Creta A/T diesel comes with R17 Diamond cut alloys, Leather wrapped Steering wheel and Gear knob, since my car has already arrived it is devoid of these features, I have not yet paid the full amount, just the booking charges. Any advise?
Old 12th April 2016, 00:35   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
...the new batch of Creta A/T diesel comes with R17 Diamond cut alloys, Leather wrapped Steering wheel and Gear knob, since my car has already arrived it is devoid of these features, I have not yet paid the full amount, just the booking charges. Any advise?
Is there a price difference? Else, it's a no brainer, go for the new version please.
Old 12th April 2016, 14:30   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Got a call from Hyundai we have finally worked out on a deal, a discount of 10K on the Insurance which I have accepted for now.

The problem now persists that I just found out that the new batch of Creta A/T diesel comes with R17 Diamond cut alloys, Leather wrapped Steering wheel and Gear knob, since my car has already arrived it is devoid of these features, I have not yet paid the full amount, just the booking charges. Any advise?

Just took delivery of my Creta A/T last month and feeling cheated already. Just after a month they decide to give 17 inchers and leather package. I hope Hyundai does something about this.
Old 12th April 2016, 16:42   #866
BHPian

Quote:

This is an interesting development and does enhance the value proposition with the nice to have features. A good move by Hyundai. Of course I would have loved these additions in my Creta AT.
Surprising that I don't see this news anywhere.

@xtremeshock - if you are not in a hurry, then you could wait for the newer lot. Else negotiate harder for more discounts.

Worst case, cancel your booking (you will only loose 3k from you booking amount), and book through another dealership and insist on the new upgraded car.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:30   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is there a price difference? Else, it's a no brainer, go for the new version please.
According to the website there is only a price difference of 1500/- Ex-Showroom. The dealer is totally non-responsive and the amount of follow-up I am doing if I had invested this much time in my work I could be a little bit richer

Quote:
This is an interesting development and does enhance the value proposition with the nice to have features. A good move by Hyundai. Of course I would have loved these additions in my Creta AT.

@xtremeshock - if you are not in a hurry, then you could wait for the newer lot. Else negotiate harder for more discounts.

Worst case, cancel your booking (you will only loose 3k from you booking amount), and book through another dealership and insist on the new upgraded car.
Thanks for the suggestions as always bharath14. I am in no hurry as such I just need the car by mid-May. before my sons birthday. Really love the Diamond cut alloys.

Apparently this was a silent addition by Hyundai and my sales rep also just confirmed it, they are just waiting for any official mail from their Hyundai with respect to increase in prices before he can confirm to me. That means another round of aggressive follow-up.

Am in talks with Hyundai Motor Plaza as well, and they had absolutely no clue regarding the new additions. I think I should pay them a visit to get a better response.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 19:55   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was news of the Creta petrol AT and the 1.6L CRDi S+ AT launch earlier this month, as a quiet one by Hyundai India.

The official Creta website also shows these changes, although the prices have not been disclosed yet and neither do they show on the Hyundai India website.

A shot from the updated official brochure confirms the variant changes and features rejig across the AT variants.

Additionally, all Creta variants now come with standard dual airbags.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-untitled.jpg

Check out the updated list of features in the official Creta website here.

RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 18:26   #869
BHPian

I request some guidance on the running-in process pls.

I'm expecting my Creta delivery (Petrol) sometime next week. I've read through recommended running-in procedure on our site, which clearly states that - "Long highway trips or time spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic is bad for the run-in process. ...".

Under normal circumstances I would have loved to follow these guidelines to the letter similar to how I treated my previous vehicles, but the catch here is, we've got a family function coming up in 1st week of May @ my hometown which is 450 kms away (Bengaluru to Kota, Udupi Dist).

Now, if I decide to take my new Car on this long drive with only 100+kms completed by then, any extra-precautions I need to take ? Or is it a big no-no ? I will be keeping under 2000 RPM all along.

Any suggestions pls ? Thanks in advance !

- Prasanna.
Old 14th April 2016, 20:57   #870
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2016 at 11:48.
anubshar is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks