Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 16:42   #931
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hi Friends, Finally 7 Year long waiting of owning my first car will come to an End !!!
I have booked Hyundai Creta 1.4 CRDI base model with Talwar Hyundai , Jubilee Hills Hyderabad. Booking amount is Rs.25000 , the total On road price is around 12 Lakhs including Zero dep Insurance. Waiting period is around one and half month.
You have booked the 1.4base creta without test driving it? I feel there is quite a bit of difference between the 1.4 and the 1.6 that you tested. You should try and take a test drive of the 1.4 before plonking your hard earned money.

Since you have waited 7 long years for a new car, Can you could wait a little longer for the refreshed Ecosport?, which could resolve some of your negatives like dated looks and no provision for touch screen?
Since you will most probably get the top most variant of the ecosport for the base version of the creta.
Also the ride quality of the ecosport can be adjusted by lowering the air pressure in the tyres, may be the test drive vehicle had extra pressure in them?

The new nissan kicks might come out around the same time..
If your not very keen on the pseudo SUV looks then there are some very good top spec sedans in your price range. Also if you prefer hyundai then the new upcoming Verna is worth a look.

Im playing the little red devil who speaks in your ear, who causes one to doubt his choice and re plan since your going for a lot of after market stuff like projectors, alloy wheels etc which will cost a good amount of money, all this should be available on the new refreshed ecosport.

Anyways,If your still very happy with the base creta after the test drive then i wish you a very happy and blissful long ownership.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 13th May 2016 at 16:48.
rambo1o1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 01:22   #932
BHPian

Hey guys, after months of contemplating I've finally decided to book the Diesel SX+ AT, I've been quoted 16.9 lacs on road by Himgiri Hyundai Delhi!

As far as I think this is about 1.5lacs more than what it used to cost last year? Do you think it's still a VFM product or is there a possibility of a price cut/discount offers after the launch of XUV500 W6 AT which costs around 40-50klower than the Creta AT if I'm not mistaken.

I prefer the Creta over XUV as I've owned an 2012 i20 and am pretty satisfied with the after sales experience also it is a car which should be good for daily commute within the city being a compact SUV.
Old 14th May 2016, 12:05   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
Hey guys, after months of contemplating I've finally decided to book the Diesel SX+ AT, I've been quoted 16.9 lacs on road by Himgiri Hyundai Delhi!

I prefer the Creta over XUV as I've owned an 2012 i20 and am pretty satisfied with the after sales experience also it is a car which should be good for daily commute within the city being a compact SUV.
What is your Daily/Monthly running? The Creta Diesel AT costs 1.8L more than the Petrol AT and the Petrol might make sense if you don't drive over 1300-1500kms per month. An option you might want to consider
Old 14th May 2016, 14:44   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
What is your Daily/Monthly running? The Creta Diesel AT costs 1.8L more than the Petrol AT and the Petrol might make sense if you don't drive over 1300-1500kms per month. An option you might want to consider
It's a lot actually, I drive from Delhi to Gurgaon daily and the round trip is easily 80kms per day (100kms on some days when I have to move around in Gurgaon), that means at least 1760kms excluding weekends on a monthly basis so I guess the Diesel makes sense, I just hope Delhi govt doesn't ban Diesels altogether in the near future

The cost is the only thing putting me off of this car, I just feel it's not worth 16.9lacs, at least overpriced by 1 lac if not more maybe

And the attitude at least at Himgiri Hyundai Wazirpur is to the tune of “not a single rupee discount sir and no accessories either”, the ones offered are worth 3500 included in the cost.
vishusingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 15:07   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just hope Delhi govt doesn't ban Diesels altogether in the near future

The cost is the only thing putting me off of this car, I just feel it's not worth 16.9lacs, at least overpriced by 1 lac if not more maybe
Supreme Court might play a spoilsport in future, buy it now if you want to as CESS on diesel is not very far. Having said that, the diesel cars in NCR are now registered for only 10 years, that make it more than a lakh of rupees per year.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 16:05   #936
BHPian

Quote:
It's a lot actually, I drive from Delhi to Gurgaon daily and the round trip is easily 80kms per day (100kms on some days when I have to move around in Gurgaon), that means at least 1760kms excluding weekends on a monthly basis so I guess the Diesel makes sense, I just hope Delhi govt doesn't ban Diesels altogether in the near future

And the attitude at least at Himgiri Hyundai Wazirpur is to the tune of “not a single rupee discount sir and no accessories either”, the ones offered are worth 3500 included in the cost.
I was in a similar dilemma just about 10 days back and did not want to spend more than 15L on the Creta and that too without those gorgeous 17" alloys

Having booked a Diesel A/T last year in October, I delayed the delivery twice. The wait seemingly proved worth it as Hyundai updated the AT versions with 17" alloys and Leather wrapped steering wheel

How I landed with a Petrol A/T instead of Diesel is a story for another day :-)

The XUV W6 A/T was launched a day after I took delivery of the Creta Petrol A/T but I would have personally chosen the Creta A/T Diesel over the XUV either ways (If I was buying Diesel) because of the following reasons:

- Exceptionally refined Diesel Engine
- Convenience of Size, XUV is a full sized SUV and the Creta would score over it in terms of City driving/parking convenience
- Mileage

The XUV is a great vehicle and was on my list for a fairly long time, but it was just too big for my current requirements

The attitude of the dealers is nothing to write about with them refusing to offer even mud flaps complimentary

Also, make sure you check what all you are getting in the 3500 "Essential Kit"; The dealer I purchased the vehicle from was offering Mats & Mud Flaps for 3350 (included in price). When asked about the price of these two separately, they costed 2200. I obviously did not opt for the supposed Bundled "Kit" and purchased the two separately. The dealership had no answer as to why they were offered at a higher cost as a bundle. Obviously many individuals might not even bother to check the individual cost of these products leading to inflated profits for the Dealerships

Very importantly, try and get insurance quotes from outside and ask your dealer to match them. You should be able to save another 10-12k on that

Last edited by amit_2025 : 14th May 2016 at 16:10.
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 17:12   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
I was in a similar dilemma just about 10 days back and did not want to spend more than 15L on the Creta and that too without those gorgeous 17" alloys

Having booked a Diesel A/T last year in October, I delayed the delivery twice. The wait seemingly proved worth it as Hyundai updated the AT versions with 17" alloys and Leather wrapped steering wheel

How I landed with a Petrol A/T instead of Diesel is a story for another day :-)

The XUV W6 A/T was launched a day after I took delivery of the Creta Petrol A/T but I would have personally chosen the Creta A/T Diesel over the XUV either ways (If I was buying Diesel) because of the following reasons:

- Exceptionally refined Diesel Engine
- Convenience of Size, XUV is a full sized SUV and the Creta would score over it in terms of City driving/parking convenience
- Mileage

The XUV is a great vehicle and was on my list for a fairly long time, but it was just too big for my current requirements

The attitude of the dealers is nothing to write about with them refusing to offer even mud flaps complimentary

Also, make sure you check what all you are getting in the 3500 "Essential Kit"; The dealer I purchased the vehicle from was offering Mats & Mud Flaps for 3350 (included in price). When asked about the price of these two separately, they costed 2200. I obviously did not opt for the supposed Bundled "Kit" and purchased the two separately. The dealership had no answer as to why they were offered at a higher cost as a bundle. Obviously many individuals might not even bother to check the individual cost of these products leading to inflated profits for the Dealerships

Very importantly, try and get insurance quotes from outside and ask your dealer to match them. You should be able to save another 10-12k on that

Is the Diesel A/T coming with 17" alloys now!? If that's true this at least alleviates some of my discomfort regarding the purchase.

Also thanks a lot Amit for advise on the "bundled kit" and insurance, will follow it for sure.
Old 14th May 2016, 17:47   #938
BHPian

Yes both the diesel and petrol AT variants have the following extra when compared to their SX+ manual

- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Leather wrapped auto shift knob
- 17 inch alloys (only 4 of them, spare is a 17inch steel)

Last edited by chandras1 : 14th May 2016 at 17:48. Reason: Grammar edit
chandras1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 20:23   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Yes both the diesel and petrol AT variants have the following extra when compared to their SX+ manual

- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Leather wrapped auto shift knob
- 17 inch alloys (only 4 of them, spare is a 17inch steel)
Thanks for confirming!

However I just returned from Himgiri Wazirpur Delhi and the representatives there very smartly replied to me that “Sir the diamond cut 17" alloy wheels are only in the Petrol AT version” and not in the Diesel AT, I was furious that I'll pay over 2lacs extra only to get a car with inferior wheels

Also the brochure(attached) lists the 17" diamond cut alloys are available in the automatic variants which should obviously mean both the Diesel and Petrol AT.

PS: I saw the latest petrol AT variant and it lacked the leather wrapped auto shift knob as far as I remember
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8436.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8437.jpg  

Old 15th May 2016, 00:07   #940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Took delivery of the SX Plus VTVT AT Tuesday last. Have covered 900kms since then (had a weekend trip to Chennai). Ride quality is awesome, couple with a extremely silent cabin + zero vibrations, its a bliss to be seated inside.
Wow. That was fast. Do you have any pictures of your car? Yours is the first petrol AT on the forum.

Did you drive the diesel AT? How does it compare in performance?
Old 15th May 2016, 00:42   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for confirming!

However I just returned from Himgiri Wazirpur Delhi and the representatives there very smartly replied to me that “Sir the diamond cut 17" alloy wheels are only in the Petrol AT version” and not in the Diesel AT, I was furious that I'll pay over 2lacs extra only to get a car with inferior wheels

Also the brochure(attached) lists the 17" diamond cut alloys are available in the automatic variants which should obviously mean both the Diesel and Petrol AT.

PS: I saw the latest petrol AT variant and it lacked the leather wrapped auto shift knob as far as I remember
The Diesel also definitely has the 17" Diamond cut alloys, I had the car ready for delivery in the stockyard and saw it personally

They might have been looking to misguide you because the Petrol AT isn't yet in as much demand as the Diesel AT, which is flying off the shelves

Last edited by amit_2025 : 15th May 2016 at 00:48.
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 08:16   #942
BHPian

Quote:

As far as I think this is about 1.5lacs more than what it used to cost last year? Do you think it's still a VFM product or is there a possibility of a price cut/discount offers after the launch of XUV500 W6 AT which costs around 40-50klower than the Creta AT if I'm not mistaken.

The Creta AT is a great car in its segment and I m a content owner . In fact it exceeded my expectations. VFM or not depends on how you look at it.

The Duster AMT is about 2 lakhs cheaper but I feel the Creta justifies the premium over the Duster. You wouldn't want to deal with Mahindra unless you need the extra seats and prefer the massive dimensions of the XUV.

I m not sure if the diesel AT comes with the upgrades mentioned which are nice to have. But I wouldn't let that change the purchase decision. As another member already stated, do negotiate on insurance.
bharath14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 11:02   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow. That was fast. Do you have any pictures of your car? Yours is the first petrol AT on the forum.

Did you drive the diesel AT? How does it compare in performance?
Hey Vid,

Thanks. My scorp was serving me quite fine, but about 3-4 months back my office shifted to ORR (Bangalore) Commute times were getting horrible and started getting chronic left leg pain. So decided for an automatic.

My criteria was quite simple. My parking space was just enough for the Scorpio. So had a non-negotiable limit on the car size. Plus I needed a car that will be safe, have decent GC and can do the occasional highway runs too.

Didn't want the VW and Ford and hence only the Jazz, City, Ertiga Vxi AT, Scorpio AT and Creta diesel AT was in the initial short list. My family ruled out the City for its low seating. Maruti dealers were committal on Ertiga. I approached both Sireesh and Anant for the Scorpio AT, but both of them never bothered to get back. Anant did offer me a test ride though. My daughters loved the scorp and hence I really tried hard, but the dealership didn't even send a person to evaluate my scorp, this in spite of me ready to pay the balance amount and take delivery! So there went the Scorpio out of the race!

So it was really between Jazz CVT and Creta diesel AT. Loved the diesel for its performance. Especially after I test drove the Duster AMT and Creta diesel AT back-to-back, any AMT was ruled out completely. People that have doubts should test drive the diesel AT. It ticks all the boxes and is really awesome. But given my running of < 1000 kms per month, was wondering if I should spend the additional 8.5lakhs over the Jazz.

Thats when the SA at Trident said that they have a few cars from the first lot of the Creta petrol AT. Apparently they get to make their orders 8th of every month with Hyundai and since they saw petrol AT as an option the previous month, they had ordered. He said they have the color I wanted - Passion Red and if I was ready to pay the booking amount 25000/- he can take it from the yard and bring it to dealership at KR Puram for PDI.

The official team-bhp review had very good things to say about the petrol. RavenAvi's awesome review of the petrol manual was available. Plus there are about 3 petrol manuals in my office and I have travelled in them earlier too. So I didn't have any explicit concerns about the petrol other than the mileage. I managed to find one ix25 petrol AT review from China in YouTube (thanks to sub-titles). I did some quick math - assumed petrol mileage was 7-8 and diesel AT at 12 and given my running in I reckoned that I will probably break even only after 5+ years. So decided to bite the bullet and go ahead even without any test drive.

They had done the evaluation for my Scorp already and there was nothing to negotiate further as anyways Creta didn't have any discounts whatsoever. However the dealer gave me 3M under chassis coating for free and managed to match the insurance quote I got from my insurance agent. So it was informally agreed that if the vehicle passes PDI, I would leave my scorp with them, pay the balance amount by cheque and he would deliver in two days.

So I went to Trident on Friday 29th April. The car was shown to me. VIN check (again thanks to team-bhp) revealed April 2016 manufactured car. Had 9kms on the Odo. Was very smooth in the 20 meter run I had within the dealership. Left the Scorp with a very heavy heart and paid the balance by cheque. Dealer promised delivery on 3rd May as we had a weekend in between. We allowed one day as a buffer.

Things were going really smooth and fast till that time and I was wondering where's the hiccup and that's when it started. First I received a call from the SA late Monday evening - after they had invoiced the vehicle on 30th April - my cheque was cleared on 30th April itself!, that as this is a new variant, they can only deliver the vehicle with temporary registration and cannot pay the road tax till the time RTO approves this variant. I was furious - I believe they knew it from day one, but in their eagerness to close the deal they hid it from me. I realized that other than getting angry I couldn't do anything here, so decided to overlook this and went ahead with taking delivery with temporary registration.

On Tuesday 3rd May, there I go with my family, quite excited at taking delivery of my first automatic car. The welcome at the dealership was nothing. We were met with cold faces with artificial smiles. After waiting for about 15 minutes, the car was slowly driven in to the delivery area. The SA explained to me the basic features of the car and after a small Pooja, I sat inside.

I prayed to my dear parents - both of them not alive - for their blessings. Then pushed the start button. The car made some funny noises and refused to start. It's very difficult to recollect this even now - I was aghast to say the least. Press one more time, the same funny noise and nothing happened! The SA panicked and tried to reach out for the service guys. I tried to remain calm to the extent I could as I didn't want to create a scene there. Instinctively I was sure that the battery was dead (have faced a dead battery couple of times in my past ownership). I asked the SA to check the battery and get a jump start cable. The SA reached out to a few friends of his. They came and checked the fuses and all of them were in-tact. By this time I was sure that this was a drained battery. What was worse was no one from service even bothered to turn up and neither the SA nor his friend could locate a jump start cable Finally they managed to get a spare battery, opened the bonnet and one SA held the spare battery in such a way that it touched the terminals. Then I went in cranked and voila the engine came to life!

The SA tried to make up for this by replacing the battery. They took out the one in the car and put another one and updated the booklet. They have promised to update their records as well. However the serial number for the new battery was less than the one in my car, still accepted it as it was under warranty anyways.

The Creta comes with a auto cut off feature, that will cut off the battery after 20 minutes, if the car was locked with its lights on. So really no idea how the battery could drain completely. Probably the cleaning guys did all interior and exterior cleaning watching a video and with a/c on!

After a procedural snap, drove the car back home. Topped up en route and did a customary Pooja at a temple nearby in the evening. Car has been running like a dream since then.

However no one from Hyundai nor from Trident have managed to follow up till date. My experience with Maruti and M&M were completely the opposite. Very smooth delivery process, followed up by calls from both the dealership and the company for feedback. However over here till date not a single call

I have driven about 1100 kms till now. Smooth is the word. In the diesel, you get a pushback if you put your foot down on the accelerator pedal. Over here, its not instantaneous. Instead its a smooth and gradual increase in acceleration. In the city there's enough grunt to keep up with traffic. However yet to master the AT so as to make precisely timed overtaking maneuvers. In the highways, 100kms comes at 2250 RPM and at 3000 RPM, the engine does between 120-130. I prefer to stick to 100-110 as my cruising speed. Rarely exceed 130kmph. At 100-110 engine is super smooth at these speeds with zero cabin noise or vibrations. Allows one to have a nice conversation or listen to pleasing music. All of us loved the long ride precisely for this. Ride quality, especially after driving the Scorpio for 6 years, is really awesome. Overall all of us in my family are very happy at the choice. If you want a really spacious 4 seater, with an occasional 5th rider, look no further. This car is a one size fit for the City, highways and no so good roads. Choose the petrol or diesel depending on your run.

Now for some customary snaps...
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160429_110424.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160503_125659.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160506_173412.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th May 2016 at 14:50. Reason: removing additional smileys. only 2 are permitted per post.
chandras1 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 12:49   #944
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Ride quality, especially after driving the Scorpio for 6 years, is really awesome. Overall all of us in my family are very happy at the choice. If you want a really spacious 4 seater, with an occasional 5th rider, look no further. This car is a one size fit for the City, highways and no so good roads. Choose the petrol or diesel depending on your run.
Congrats you've got a good car in a lovely color. Im also evaluating between Creta & Crysta currently, lets see..
Old 15th May 2016, 12:54   #945

Due to my sheer carelessness, I managed to break the OVRM's left side mirror. Sent it off to Koncept Hyundai in Okhla for a replacement. Total cost of replacement with free pick up and drop was Rs. 539. Had sent my car to Koncept for the first service as well, and they did a pretty good job.

Here's a photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1292.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks