Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 10:41   #1021
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good to see quick (potential) deliveries of Creta for some customers. What's the current general waiting period quoted for the vehicle? Should be less than 2 months I presume?
I was told that the Hyundai dealers place their orders by the 6th of the month, so if you book in the first week of the month you would get your car faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats. Wish you a million miles of joy and happiness. Which variant, colour and heart did you opt for?
White, Base Petrol

I need just the airbags and ABS

Alloys, ICE, lights, I plan to add

Aliexpress has got so many options hope they are a direct fit for the Indian 'IX 25'
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 12:06   #1022
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Update on my Booking

Just received a call from my SA and he said that the car has been allocated at the factory this morning.

Once i clear the remaining payment, the car will be moved to their godown. I will take the insurance from outside when the invoice is raised.

Just spoke to the exchange person in Hyundai Motor Plaza and he will finalise the Fiesta's price tomorrow.

All set for next week delivery...
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 17:15   #1023
BHPian

I too called my SA, he told the car will be coming to the showroom by Next Wednesday, So I will be taking delivery soon . Total waiting period for Base White 1.4 CRDI in Hyderabad is 1 month (+ 1 week). Planning for immediate accessories - Alloys (plati 16 inch), Sony HU with JBL Component at front and Coaxial speakers, Autoform U FLY PLUS Seat covers, Rear camera ,parking sensors and Mats. Also planning for 3M Wax and polish for extra shining. Roof rails for base model are not available yet in Hyderabad, expected to get them soon - Planning for them later.
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 18:31   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Planning for immediate accessories - Alloys (plati 16 inch), Sony HU with JBL Component at front and Coaxial speakers, Autoform U FLY PLUS Seat covers, Rear camera ,parking sensors and Mats. Also planning for 3M Wax and polish for extra shining. Roof rails for base model are not available yet in Hyderabad, expected to get them soon - Planning for them later.
Have you finalised on the HU. What about the frame for it. Is it available. Remember reading in this thread that it wasn't available yet.
Will the location of the rear camera be like the stock camera in the higher versions?
Old 19th June 2016, 12:41   #1025
BHPian

Can someone with SX(O) variant please post photograph of height adjustable seat belt? Yesterday I tested the seat belt on my 9 year old son and it was riding on his neck. I am interested in knowing the range of travel of the height adjustment mechanism. I suppose it should be possible to get it installed on the SX+, right?
Old 19th June 2016, 23:32   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Had an extended test drive of the Creta a couple of weeks back. What was different is that I took it over my usual daily run road which vary from some deep pothole ridden stretches to very well done two lane highways.

I felt very comfortable in the car more so than an S-Cross that I had driven a month or so earlier. The power felt more linear and the suspension was by far one of the best I have encountered in a Hyundai till date. It was wet and raining but I never detected any nervousness or felt the need to dial back my pace.

The top end leather trim felt much more classy and luxurious than the S-Cross top end. The fit and finish of the dash board was much better too. However the infotainment screen in the S-Cross is a class apart but this is not a deal breaker for me.

Tempted...

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 19th June 2016 at 23:35.
shibujp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 00:05   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Can someone with SX(O) variant please post photograph of height adjustable seat belt? Yesterday I tested the seat belt on my 9 year old son and it was riding on his neck. I am interested in knowing the range of travel of the height adjustment mechanism. I suppose it should be possible to get it installed on the SX+, right?

Your 9 year old son should be using a booster car seat to enable correct positioning of seat belt in respect to his neck.
drchernish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 00:18   #1028
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The picture of the height adjustable seat belt is in the first page of this review. You can check it here. http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/hyun...i-creta-41.jpg

The height adjustment cannot be installed in lower variants (in your case the SX+). I would suggest you to buy good quality seat belt sponges so that your son can use the seat belts comfortably.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:16   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Your 9 year old son should be using a booster car seat to enable correct positioning of seat belt in respect to his neck.
His car seat has a detachable bottom which can be used as a booster seat but it is a bit small for him width-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The picture of the height adjustable seat belt is in the first page of this review. You can check it here. http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/hyun...i-creta-41.jpg

The height adjustment cannot be installed in lower variants (in your case the SX+). I would suggest you to buy good quality seat belt sponges so that your son can use the seat belts comfortably.
I suppose it is because of the side curtain airbag integrated with this same panel. I found a good seat belt sponge on Amazon and has kept it on wishlist.
Old 20th June 2016, 16:23   #1030
BHPian

I have just completed 1200 kms on the Petrol Automatic and would be getting the first service done soon

A friend got his petrol automatic serviced (First Service) yesterday and the workshop insisted that there was no oil change required

Seeking advise on the Oil Change which is recommended as per the Team Bhp running in guidelines. Should I insist and get it changed or is it not required in modern engines?

Last edited by amit_2025 : 20th June 2016 at 16:51.
Old 20th June 2016, 18:21   #1031
BHPian

I do not own a Creta (yet) but things to be done in first few services are usually listed in the owner's manual.
Old 21st June 2016, 01:39   #1032
BHPian

I have been driving Creta Automatic diesel since last October. Have done about 12000 kms .
Since I have a few issues with the car I would like to point out and try to know if others have faced the same problem. While driving uphill the gearbox doesn't downshift and a loss of power is felt, then you have to manually downshift to get that adequate power to move ahead.
Today I faced another issue. Suddenly my air conditioning stopped working . It would only give hot air. The Hyundai workshop analysed and told me that there is some fault with the electronics and the automatic climate control needs to be replaced. I hope they do it under warranty.
I have also faced an issue of broken key. The plastic housing of the key broke upon a drop on the floor. Hyundai service told me to buy a new key for about 8000. I am using the same key as it is working without any trouble, only at times the key gets detached to the housing.
The ride is a little bumpy when I compare it to my Innova. Which by the way still feels the most comfortable vehicle to be driven in.

The likings are :
It is effortless to drive in city traffic with the smooth auto gearbox.
Driving position is commanding and it's easy to find a comfortable driving position.
The fuel economy is about 13-14 kmpl in city and highway use in average.
Very practically sized vehicle for our driving conditions as I can take to the narrow lanes where I would feel scared of taking the Innova to.
The gps is spot on and was helpful in my trip to Patna from Siliguri.

Overall I feel the car is a good buy but I hope it can give me trouble free experience which I am used to after being a Toyota loyalist. I wish they had put in better quality plastics for door pads as the handle sometimes rattle.
pratiksinhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 22:06   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
I do not own a Creta (yet) but things to be done in first few services are usually listed in the owner's manual.
While I am yet to check the manual, but most manuals only mention a general inspection in the first service

I am certain the manual doesn't suggest it and even the workshop wouldn't recommend it either, going by the first service experience of a friend who also owns a petrol automatic

The Team-Bhp guidelines of running in do recommend an oil change
I just want to be sure that the same holds true even for recent engines too
Old 21st June 2016, 22:11   #1034
BHPian

In general it's better to stick to what the manufacturer (not the dealer) says. As per owners manual no oil change is required for the 1st service.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 23:34   #1035
BHPian

The complete climate control system of my charge has malfunctioned and it's being changed under manufacturer's warranty. Dealership says it will take 5-7 days for the system to arrive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks