Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2016, 10:23   #1111
BHPian

Ya. I had mentioned that in my post a little earlier. The last 3 or 4 bars especially drop like falling off a cliff.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 14:17   #1112
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Creta parts manual anyone?
Old 11th July 2016, 20:01   #1113

Hey Guys,

Anyone knows if a gear lock (Pin or U type) can be installed in Creta? I sometimes need to park in an open parking near my office and wanted to add an additional level of visual deterrent.

Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 14:16   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Whats the mileage that you get from the Auto Creta? City and Highway?
ACI reports 10.42kpl in the city and 13.82kpl on the highway for the Creta petrol AT. (link)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 15:25   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneLane View Post
Hey Guys,

Anyone knows if a gear lock (Pin or U type) can be installed in Creta? I sometimes need to park in an open parking near my office and wanted to add an additional level of visual deterrent.
Autocop seems to have a product in their range for the Creta, with free installation in Delhi/NCR:

http://www.amazon.in/Autocop-Locking...+Hyundai+Creta

You can ask for more details from the seller.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 22:37   #1116

Hi All,

Just wanted to bounce off an idea for all of us who are AT fans.

Launch after launch this year, there has been one thing that has left us a tad dissapointed in the Super Hatch/ Mini SUV segment. Especially given that this segment is a step up from the value car buyer to the luxury seeker. Whether its the Baleno, or the Brezza. The Creta, or the Figo. The i20, or the Jazz. The S Cross, or the VW Polo. Every manufacturer has kept the AT away from the top end variant!

Its the things that are expectantly awaited to trickle down from the luxury sedan category that seem to be evading the 'AT Indulger' in this segment. This is a evolved breed that likes to prioritize comfort and luxury over size. So its super frustrating when one is willing to pay sedan price for a super hatch and not get: Leather wraps, Leather Seats, Push Button Start/Stop, Navigation, One Touch Up/Down, 6 Air Bags, Larger Alloys, ACC, Rear Arm Rest, Cruise Control, Rain Sensing Wipers, EBD, Descent Control, et al. Frustrati?

At some level, Its logical that manufacturers are not building the top end ATs by throwing in such features because the pricing may well scale to two segments higher! Such out priced variants are avoided lest they become dead stock liabilities. Already in this segment top variant prices are comparable with the mid variants of the higher segment.

But 'technically' its not that they can't make these variants. All the components exist and are being used on the assembly line for some or the other variant!

IDEA: Can we as a community enable like minded buyers to come together and be able to talk to Car manufacturers to custom build our variant preferences? I think it should be possible!

SOLUTION: All companies have an institutional sales team that is responsible to get large corporate orders (think those custom bikes for pizza delivery chains). If as a community we can get together and confirm an order of say 20 units (or whatever the MOQ is that will make it worth the while for a half day assembly line run) we might be able to pull off top end AT variants from car companies!

I'm keen on picking up the Creta AT petrol but want all the bells and whistles that come loaded on the top end diesel manual!

Wondering if such thoughts/ ideas have been posted before on the forum? If we can mobilise a bunch of buyers I could try and get in touch with an Institutional sales member at Hyundai.

If team-bhp can indeed build a platform that can harness such demand patterns perhaps this could be a whole new experience for tbhp members. What say?
Shivank Sidhu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 06:54   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank Sidhu View Post
If team-bhp can indeed build a platform that can harness such demand patterns perhaps this could be a whole new experience for tbhp members. What say?
Its a good thought. And it can definitely happen if one is willing to spend effort on talking to people (sending lots and lots of emails mainly) and also wait a bit for the car. Also depends on how many such prospective buyers can come together.

I really wonder why Hyundai cannot offer SX(O) variant with both petrol and diesel AT variants. I am quite sure it will get launched in the future. Hyundai is not averse to rejigging equipment on their cars.

And its about time we get Product Configurators for our cars. It will really be god sent. I can really save money on the unwanted bits for something valuable and there is nothing like a factory fit.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 08:20   #1118
Senior - BHPian

I would have had a Creta in my garage if it came in top spec auto. Though I have a driver I would still like to go for the automatic spec just to future proof the car for another 6 years. Driver is also human and with bangalore's chaotic traffic would hate to imagine a manual car 5 years down the road.
I prioritise safety, and the 4 airbags and the ESP missing in the SX+ have put me away from buying the Creta.
Am waiting for the Tucson now and looks like I will be disappointed again. Tucson is expected to be launched in the 138 BHP guise and I don't see any value in spending 8 lakhs more for roughly 8/10 BHP over the Creta.
Old 13th July 2016, 14:31   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Gangsta CRETA from God's own country!!

Source : Facebook

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fb_img_1467736275868.jpg
kpzen is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 18:22   #1120
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I had taken my Creta for its first free service today (1517 kms in 14 days) to HMP Alandur.

I was pleasantly surprised with the professionalism at the service centre. The whole experience was pretty amusing and completely different from the chaos experienced at Ford.

What i liked about HMP Alandur
+ The service security had a list of cars that have been booked for service.
+ The Customer lounge is big, adequately air-conditioned (6 ACs in about 600 sq ft room).
+ The SA's are allotted in sequence and no need to wait near the car for the SA to come and take down your queries
+ The SA comes to the customer lounge and takes you to the car and then notes down the issues
+ Prompt service

Things that will see an improvement
- Not enough space. This Alandur Service station was actually a body shop and PDI inspection for new cars. Squeezing a full fledged service centre into this space is quite cumbersome
- The actual Ekkattuthangal service station is undergoing renovation and is expected to start functioning in 2 months time.
- The cars are kept in open ground which is not cemented/black topped. As a result there is a lot of dust. The cars look very dusty in 30 minutes time. The worst part is that the car in the service bay and the ones parked next to the service bay, waiting to be serviced have their windows lowered, which means that the interiors get screwed up by the time servicing is completed.

My car was washed, polished and delivered in 2 hours time. My SA was the one who worked in MPL Ford during my Fusion days and he remembered me. I specifically told him not to lower the windows while servicing and to carefully handle the alloys. He informed that ICE software has been updated.

Cost me = "0"

I saw a Black and a Red Creta while waiting in the lounge. IMO, CRETA looks best in these two colours. Somehow the cars look bigger than my Sleek Silver Creta, but the one posted by kpzen is even better.
MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 07:27   #1121
BHPian

My Charmer went for first highway drive. I have tried taking it to 120 kmph, where the rpm is under 2500 for 6th gear, did not push it beyond being a new vehicle.

Do not know , how I can calculate the mileage exactly - Yet to check it.
First impressions on highway drive (Hyd to Kurnool on NH 7, Kurnool to Tirupati on highway which is being expanded, Tirupati to Bangalore via Madanapalli - twists and turns road)

1. Refined engine
2. stable cruiser
3. handled bumps well
4. weighted steering at speeds

But I found the wind noise was huge due to ORVMs (heavy wind due to rainy season) and the brakes response wasn't fast as expected.

All in all - wonderful drive !!!

Also - my first service is done in Tirupati (at 1300kms) , it was a good experience at Hyundai Tirupati - the courtesy was good, customer lounge was decent and the car was handed over in very neat condition. Total bill was rs. 0 /- , the service guy told he topped up the engine oil , I was in a hurry , so did not ask him more details while receiving.

Few shots on highway (Hyundai Creta 1.4 Base CRDI)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160709_074635.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta2.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160709_074523.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-front-three-quarter.jpg  

Veels n Rhodes is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 01:24   #1122
BHPian

Hey guys I converted one of my car photos to an iPhone 6 wallpaper, attaching it here in case anybody is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-iphone6wallpaper.png  

vishusingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 10:06   #1123
BHPian

Here's the download link to the version without tbhp watermark.

@Mods: Can't edit the earlier post, please feel free to merge them.
vishusingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 11:36   #1124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
- Had to work more on the gears (At any particular speed, the rpm in 6th gear of Creta is almost similar to the rpm of the 5 th gear of the Fiesta. For example, at 1500 rpm, both cars run at 72 kmph; 2000 rpm both cars run at 94 kmph. I did not see a big advantage for having the 6 th gear)
I think the difference in RPM will show up when you push it a bit higher. Thats when I think the reserve power on Creta will show up against the Fiesta.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 12:00   #1125
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think the difference in RPM will show up when you push it a bit higher. Thats when I think the reserve power on Creta will show up against the Fiesta.
Ok Ampere. I have been driving the Creta occasionally till 120 kmph (as it has just done 16xx kms). I haven't noticed any difference in rpm.

But the power difference is amazing. The Creta is simply so much faster and picks up speed in a jiffy compared to the Fiesta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks