Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 13:56   #1171
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
What do fellow readers think is the reason behind Creta's success? I bought one a few days ago so my opinion c(w)ould be biased. The vehicle is clearly overpriced by 2'ish lacs. There's healthy competition - XUV, Scorpio, Duster, Terrano etc. However, other than Creta, no other vehicle has been able to sustain the sales numbers a year after the launch.

Hyundai and A.S.S. peace of mind?
Good product?
Engine / performance? -
Features (doubtful since Hyundai really skimped with Creta)?
Looks?
Dealer network?
Price (doubtful)?
Lack of competition?
Hyundai and A.S.S. peace of mind? Check
Good product? Check - an all round package
Engine / performance? - Check - CRDi
Features (doubtful since Hyundai really skimped with Creta)? Skimped on certain nice to have features but scores on must have features. But cheaper Xcent and i20 get features that the expensive Creta doesn't
Looks? Yes, SUVish looks with good interiors - Duster's only gripe area
Dealer network? Yes, 2nd best network in India with a reputation for quality A.S.S
Price (doubtful)? Market does not mind paying a premium for quality
Lack of competition? Lack of intent from competitors, Renault had a chance to revamp the interiors in the face lift but didn't.

Add ons

# Wider choice of engine/transmission options - 1.6 VTVT, 1.6 Petrol AT, 1.4 CRDi, 1.6 CRDi, Diesel AT

# Diesel and petrol AT

# Safety features - 6 airbags

# Interior fit and finesse with acceptable quality

# Refinement and performance of the CRDi

I do not own one and don't know if I'll buy one in the near future.

Having said the above points my choice would be based on requirement

Creta - for CRDi, interiors and diesel AT
Duster - for ride & handling and AWD
BR-V - for iVTEC, 7 seats and petrol AT

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th August 2016 at 14:01.
Old 5th August 2016, 17:06   #1172
BHPian

Hi, can someone please help me with the bulb specs for the Creta for the Projection headlights model?

I need the specs for High beam, Low beam, Fogs.

Has anyone changed the projector bulbs yet? Is it safe to do so?

Been searching around, but not getting any precise info.
Thanks a lot!
Old 5th August 2016, 17:18   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi, can someone please help me with the bulb specs for the Creta for the Projection headlights model?

Thanks a lot!
Hi InsaneDevil (nice handle) BNM has done an upgrade, pleasedo check his link. He did a HID upgrade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3780689
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 18:19   #1174
j76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post

Thanks a lot!
If you get the bulb specifications please do let me know as well. I too have searched and not found. I was planning to get that from the service center on my next service.
Old 5th August 2016, 19:50   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Motor India has announced today that they have added 3 more variants to the lineup of their extremely successful compact SUV, the Creta.

The 3 new variants added are -
the Anniversary edition (special editions based on the 1.6L petrol & diesel SX+),
an all-new Executive variant (E+, in 1.6L petrol only), and
the S+ Automatic (in 1.6L diesel only).

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-in_sploff_05816ae_dtl.jpg

The Anniversary edition, covered in detail here, (Hyundai Creta: 1st Anniversary edition. EDIT: Price & details leaked) comes with:
dual tone exteriors with glossy black roof along with C-pillar and integrated spoiler,
17” diamond cut alloy wheels,
black Shark Fin antenna,
Jet wing inspired body graphics,
bright silver skid plates,
refreshed & sporty all-black theme dashboard with red accents,
premium black seat fabric with red inserts,
7” touch screen AVN system and
leather wrapped steering wheel with audio & bluetooth controls.

Based on the SX+ variant, the Creta Anniversary Edition comes in both 1.6L petrol and diesel engine options.

The Executive edition (E+) is an all-new variant introduced with the 1.6L petrol option only. It comes with:
touch screen audio (5”) along with steering audio & bluetooth controls and tweeters,
sporty roof rails,
electrically adjustable ORVM with LED turn indicators &
rear AC vents for added style and convenience.

The S+ Automatic carries over the features of the S+ variant paired to the 1.6L diesel heart and the 6-speed automatic transmission.

Also, the Creta will now come with an all new colour shade - Earth Brown.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-untitled.gif

Prices for the new Creta variants (ex-showroom Delhi), are:

E+ MT (1.6L petrol) = Rs 9,99,900
S+ AT (1.6L diesel) = Rs 13,58,697
SX+ Anniversary Edition (1.6L petrol) = Rs 12,23,851
SX+ Anniversary Edition (1.6L diesel) = Rs 13,76,699

Quote:
Commenting on the introduction of new variants, Mr. Rakesh Srivastava – Sr. Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL), said, “We would like to take this opportunity and express our gratitude to the customers who have shown trust in The Perfect SUV - Creta. As India’s most loved auto manufacturer, we are committed to bring best-in-class, modern and premium products for our aspirational customers. The introduction of three variants will add more value to the overall buying experience for customers.”
Official Press Release

Updated Creta Brochure

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th August 2016 at 20:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 21:10   #1176
BHPian

Per @ravenavi's input earlier, Hyundai is raising prices of vehicles effective August 16. Price increase would range from INR 3,000 to INR 15,000.

Hyundai to hike prices to offset rising input costs : http://www.thehindu.com/business/hyu...cle8948343.ece
Old 6th August 2016, 07:25   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Also, the Creta will now come with an all new colour shade - Earth Brown.
Looks like they have dropped 'Pearl Beige' from the lineup which nobody was buying.

To be honest, it looks quite horrible in person.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 09:50   #1178
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Someone was asking about the bulb specs? Thanks to Darshan Patel for sharing!

Quote:
I have already changed the OEM stock bulbs. Upgraded from 12v/60W to 12v/65W.

Here, the dealership is offering bulb upgrades which are supposedly 'Hyundai approved'. Plug and play...only bulb changing.

OEM bulb : Sylvania HB3 U 9005 L + K
E1 22N 12V60W
DOT C3016 USA.

I upgraded to:
Excelite Super Vision Ultra
HB3 9005SV 12V65W P20d
+ 80%

Result is more than satisfactory. Bulb projects whitish yellow throw. Sorry, but I don't have a pic of the upgraded bulb which is under the hood now.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-2.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-3.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-4.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 12:48   #1179
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO for the information.

Though i am satisfied with the current light throw, anything better would always be good, especially on the highways.

EDIT: Just bought them on Amazon. http://www.amazon.in/KMH-Excelite-VI.../dp/B01HELYX9Q. Last two were left.

When i was searching for the Bulbs given by Dharshan Patel, i came across this hilarious description of "Hyundai Creta Headlight".
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by MAS : 6th August 2016 at 12:53.
MAS is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 13:09   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
When i was searching for the Bulbs given by Dharshan Patel, i came across this hilarious description of "Hyundai Creta Headlight".
Dear MAS,

You have very good 'eyes' to have noticed this.
Thanks for sharing. I think I will show this to my family. My daughter is a Grammar Nazi - she will love it.

By the way, why is it called 'head lamp' or 'head light'?

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 14:45   #1181
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
By the way, why is it called 'head lamp' or 'head light'?
It's probably because the ones at the rear are called tail lamps!

Last edited by RSR : 6th August 2016 at 14:48.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 07:46   #1182
BHPian

Question to all the experts out there. Has and can the Instrument cluster be changed ?
The SX(O) has the best MID while the others variants just have the simple instrument cluster. I am leaning towards the 1.6 CRDI AT ,thanks to Bangalore Traffic, but would love to have the SX(O) MID with the SX+.
I am sure within the 6 months to a year this would be there. So at that time would it be possible to change at a given cost.
Old 7th August 2016, 13:22   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaglanR View Post
Hyundai Creta 1.6 VTVT SX Plus(MT) Mileage update.

Trip meter read : 468km
Mileage : 468/49 = 9.5 km/l
Mileage update on my 1.6 P Manual , first full tank fuel refill on my creta

First Autocut full to full tank. 10.8 KMPL (461 KMS with 42.61 Liters)
Driving is 100% office to home and back. hosur road traffic. 14 KMS daily.
AC is on 90% of the times, except chilly evenings.
I drove completely sedate, barely crossed 100 KMPH. And I keep the RPM mostly under 2000 by careful upshifts.
Also my calculations show, each bar on fuel indicator is approx. 3.25 Liters. 16 bars on a full tank mean approx. 52 Liters.
Does any body have similar figures here for the fuel indicator?
Old 7th August 2016, 16:02   #1184
BHPian

Had been to Trident next on Sankey Road a few times to check on the Creta.
I had test driven the 1.6 CRDi SX(O) and loved it.
Next did the 1.6 Petrol SX+ and felt it ok , I liked the CRDI better.
Now keeping Bangalore Traffic in mind and the fact I am not getting younger I decided to check out the CRDI AT. Today morning I booked a Test drive took it for a spin, i knew it would not be as peppy as the Manual and i could feel it. As i drive pretty much sedately i felt this meets my needs.
While inside the cabin it was hard to tell if the MT CRDI was really a diesel. The AT is a different story but not a deal breaker.
I will miss the MID from the SX(O)
As i am going by my company lease I will need to complete a lot of formalities hence paid the token booking amount to get a head start.
I picked up the prices for various accessories just to see what are the charges. Does the 3M Anti rust (4500/-) and HID upgrade (12500/-) make sense.? Or should i get it done outside.

Does anyone know what exactly is covered by the extended warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-trident-accessories-list.jpg  

Old 7th August 2016, 20:07   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I picked up the prices for various accessories just to see what are the charges. Does the 3M Anti rust (4500/-) and HID upgrade (12500/-) make sense.? Or should i get it done outside.

Does anyone know what exactly is covered by the extended warranty.
I think you will get a better deal for the Anti rust coating, paint protection and sun films outside. 3M would have some monsoon offer or you will be able to strike a good deal if you do a package. I got 1k off when I did for my ecosport. I would recommend you to avoid the chrome package. There's too much chrome in that and I fill the stock car itself is having too much chrome . As for the HID's, I had checked with them when I took delivery of the car. It was P8 and the price they offered was 10,500. I decided to hold it for now as I found the stock headlights to be pretty good. Check which brand they are providing. Philips is close to 12k and Osram around 10,500 outside.

To answer your final question about the extended warranty. This is what's given in their official statement.

Covered:
Any defect confirmed by HMIL as Mechanical and/or Electrical break down as defined in this warranty, is found in the vehicle within the stipulated terms and conditions, HMIL dealer shall repair or if required, replace any part found to be defective with a new part or an equivalent at no cost to the owner for parts or labor. Such defective parts, which have been replaced, will become the property of HMIL.

Not Covered:
1) Normal maintenance services including without limitation, cleaning & polishing, injector cleaning, engine decarburizing, engine tuning, oil/fluid changes, filters replenishment, fastener retightening, adjustments of doors, brake and clutch, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, tyre rotation, head lamp alignment.
2) Replacement of parts as a result of normal wear and tear, such as spark plugs, belts, brake pads and brake shoes, brake discs, clutch disc/pressure plate, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, brushes, hoses, tyre / tube, battery, audio system, catalytic converter, silencer / exhaust pipe.
3) Tie Rod ends, Steering Ball Joints, Rear Shockers, Front Struts, Dicky lifters, Front & Rear Wheel Bearings/wheel hubs are not covered beyond 60,000 kms of operation
4) Rubber parts like Wheel Cylinder kit, all doors weather -strips/beadings & A/C "O" rings
5) Clutch cable, Accelerator cable, Speedometer cable & Tail Door Opener cable.
6) Leakage of A/C refrigerant.
7) Normal aging, deterioration or rusting of plated parts, paint coat, rubber parts, upholstery and soft trim, etc.
8) Body, paint, glass, interior or exterior trim, exhaust systems and normal wear and tear of any other component.
9) Damage or failure resulting from:
(a) Negligence in getting the vehicle serviced within the stipulated kilometers and time period as mentioned in Owner's Manual and Service Booklet.
(b) Misuse, abuse (such as racing, over loading, riding over the clutch), accident or collision, theft, flooding or fire.
(c) Use of improper, adulterated or insufficient fuel, fluids or lubricants.
(d) Use of parts other than Hyundai Genuine Parts.
(e) Any device and/or accessories not supplied or not approved by HMIL.
(f) Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
(g) Parts used in applications for which they were not designed or not approved by HMIL
(h) Any repair carried out other than by Hyundai Authorized Dealer/ Service Centre.
(i) Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality or function of the vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibrations, or items considered characteristic of the vehicle.
(j) Airborne fallout, Industrial fallout, acid rain, hail and wind storms, or other Acts of God.
(k) Paint scratches, dents or similar paint or body damage.
(l) Revolution or Mutiny, any intentional or malafide act of owner or a driver, abuse of the vehicle, negligence.
(m) Action of road elements (sand, gravel, dust or road debris) which results in stone chipping of paint / glass or damage to any other part.
(n) The vehicle which has been used for any sort of competition, sport and rally, transport for hire of persons or goods, Taxi service or short or long term self drive hire or driving school or any commercial use.
(o) Any vehicle purchased as a taxi under the special excise concessions or/and registered as a tourist taxi with the Transport Authorities.
(p) The vehicle in which the odometer has been tampered with, changed or been disconnected.
(q) Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle or commercial loss.
(r) No liability will be accepted for any losses covered under an accidental damage or road risk policy or for any road hazard/fire or accident damage, no liability of any kind exists in respect of third party.
(s) no liability will be accepted for damage caused by neglect, intrusion of foreign or harmful or injurious matter, lack of servicing, overheating, freezing or abuse to the continued use of the vehicle after a fault has become evident or for consequential loss on the failure of parts not covered by this Extended Warranty .
(t) If model equipped with Hyundai Genuine LPG kit. following parts Rubber pad, Hose adaptor (Inlet & Out let ), Gasket, Tube, Band cable, Holder tube, Vaporizer to mixer hose(fuel, Vaporizer Cover hose (air), Strap, Water Hose Assembly( in & Out) , First diaphragm Assembly, relief diaphragm, first valve Assembly, 0-rings set will not be covered .
(u) Vehicles fitted with non-genuine LPG/CNG kits are not applicable for Extended Warranty.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 7th August 2016 at 20:10.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks