Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2016, 22:31   #1186
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
As for the HID's, I had checked with them when I took delivery of the car. It was P8 and the price they offered was 10,500. I decided to hold it for now as I found the stock headlights to be pretty good. Check which brand they are providing. Philips is close to 12k and Osram around 10,500 outside.

To answer your final question about the extended warranty. This is what's given in their official statement.
Hi Naveen, Thanks for the details. I will check for the HID brand from them.
So i don't think the extra 4 year warranty would make sense. I was hoping the Automatic Transmission would be covered.
Old 8th August 2016, 10:10   #1187
BHPian

Hi Guys, in my search for a petrol manual car, I went to the Hyundai Showroom yesterday to check out the Creta. They had a Creta S Petrol Manual on display, which was perfect since that is the one that i think will fit my budget (and not the SX+ Petrol). On road price Delhi comes close to INR 12lac for the S petrol.

On inquiring about the delivery timelines, to my surprise, the SA told me that it will take a max of 20 days flat to get the Creta in any model/color or engine. While what i have heard is a minimum waiting period of around 3-4 months. Don't know the reasons here. Any guesses?

Also, my car running is low and hence that warrants a petrol engine only. Would like to seek inputs from the existing Creta petrol owners on their views and opinion about the Creta 1.6 VTVT. The usage is going to be 90% in city with occasional highway trips. Other than Creta, i am eyeing the Baleno Petrol, the Brezza petrol (when so ever it launches- assuming around March next year) and the updated 2017 model of Ford Ecosport Ecoboost. Though these are from different categories, the need for a good petrol motor makes them into the consideration list. Would it be a viable decision to consider Creta in its petrol form with a budget of around 11-12 Lacs or any other competent contender in same budget. Please do provide your feedback. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2016, 13:54   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMind View Post
On inquiring about the delivery timelines, to my surprise, the SA told me that it will take a max of 20 days flat to get the Creta in any model/color or engine. While what i have heard is a minimum waiting period of around 3-4 months. Don't know the reasons here. Any guesses?
The 3-4 months waiting period has substantially reduced over time. A lot depends on the variant and geography as well. A particular configuration might be waitlisted in Delhi but readily available in Mumbai, for example. In any case, petrol motors have a shorter wait time.

Quote:
Would it be a viable decision to consider Creta in its petrol form with a budget of around 11-12 Lacs or any other competent contender in same budget. Please do provide your feedback. Thanks.
Are you considering sedans as well? Honda City would make for a very good choice. If you can wait a little (festive season), Brezza would be launched with petrol motor, possibly with AMT.

On a separate note, I purchased a trunk mat for my Creta from eBay:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/KMH-Cargo-Boo...-/172115881653

Paid about 1950 after using a coupon code.

It fits the cargo area nicely. The embedded text reads "Creta" instead of ix25, which is nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2675.jpg  

t2k4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 18:35   #1189
BHPian

Hi All,

1. About the head lamp bulbs, for the low beams, i bought the Philips Xtreme Vision+ from Amazon.in, (HB3 9005) and awaiting delivery to check it out.
I already am using these Xtreme Vision bulbs in other cars and am very happy with them.

2. About Speed sensing auto door lock, i have come across this item on AliExpress, and the seller has confirmed that it works for Creta, after i sent him the photo of our powerwindow switch panel as he wanted to see if the button for lock/unlock was there or not. He also said it is fit for AT cars only, not for MT.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-A...683488084.html

Anyone here has tried this yet?

I plan to order this and try it out as i feel this as a grave security ommision in today's cars.
Insane Devil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:27   #1190
j76
BHPian

Hyundai has been doing great in terms of introducing Apple carplay. I hope an upgrade will be made available to the Creta as well. They have started introducing carplay via software upgrade for some of the 2015 vehicles as well.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...-apple-carplay
j76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 11:57   #1191
Distinguished - BHPian

Pete's Tuned engine remap boosts the 128PS Creta diesel to a healthy 150PS for 19,000 bucks!

Stealth look also showcased.

Quote:
the Creta showcased rides on bigger tires shod with large 5-spoke rims, and the exterior has been given the ‘stealth look’, featuring tinted windows, gloss black roof rails and grille, as well as an extra pair of foglamps. The exterior has undergone Smartwax with Pete’s special jet sealant and Black wax, thus attributing to the clean and reflective exterior.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-petestunedhyundaicretafoglamps.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-petestunedhyundaicretafront.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-petestunedhyundaicretafrontthreequarterdevelops150hp.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-petestunedhyundaicretarim.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 12:00   #1192
Team-BHP Support

The anniversary edition, and two more editions, of the Creta are here!

Quote:
The new additions include the Creta 1st Anniversary Edition, a new Executive E+ petrol variant, and an S+ diesel automatic. To add to this, the company now also has a new Earth Brown colour across all variants of the crossover.
The anniversary edition:
Quote:
It features a slight new look on the outside with dual-tone exteriors and gloss finished black roof, C-pillars and a rear spoiler (integrated). There are 17-inch diamond cut allow wheels and a black shark-fin antenna at the back. Completing the updated look are new graphics on body, C-pillars along with a silver skid plates. The vehicle is based on the SX+ variant of the petrol and diesel versions.
The graphics are out of place, but the rest make the car look better!

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analy...ia-328777.html

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th August 2016 at 12:01.
Old 9th August 2016, 14:15   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pete's Tuned engine remap boosts the 128PS Creta diesel to a healthy 150PS for 19,000 bucks!
Is it safe to assume that vehicle warranty would be void after such a mod? Any insights into how this change translates into driving experience?
Old 9th August 2016, 18:51   #1194
BHPian

Hi All,

Finally I found time to get the Center console fixed for my Base 1.4 CRDI Creta , This is how it looks after installing. Also, I have got the steering wheel stitched with Art Leather.
The earlier Center Console did not fit well which was the original one Cut on the border to fit the 6 inch HU .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-center-console1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-center-console2.jpg  

Veels n Rhodes is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 21:50   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hi All,

Finally I found time to get the Center console fixed for my Base 1.4 CRDI Creta , This is how it looks after installing. Also, I have got the steering wheel stitched with Art Leather.
The earlier Center Console did not fit well which was the original one Cut on the border to fit the 6 inch HU .
Looks amazing!
How much did the art leather stitching cost? Is it easily available! It looks absolutely stunning.
I am planning one for my Honda City.
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:05   #1196
BANNED

The Hyundai sales guy said the new base variant is available in Diesel also.
Any info on that?
Old 10th August 2016, 14:37   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post

On a separate note, I purchased a trunk mat for my Creta from eBay:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/KMH-Cargo-Boo...-/172115881653

Paid about 1950 after using a coupon code.

It fits the cargo area nicely. The embedded text reads "Creta" instead of ix25, which is nice.
Hi!

After installing this Cargo Boot Mat, are you able to still access the luggage net Hooks?

I am more interested in a luggage net primarily to stop things from sliding here and there in the boot, the Cargo boot mat is sure good to keep the boot clean in case luggage is used frequently here.

My mom keeps getting plants time to time, so this is good to keep all the mud out!

Anyone here purchased a luggage net yet?
I found this and planning to buy it:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-Hoo...5-23ba743f434d

I have purchased the "Speed Sensing Auto Door Lock" OBD port device. The seller said he would refund me the total amount if it doesn't work, as I told him lot of Creta owners from India could be interested in it.
Will update once i get it. Hope it works!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 10th August 2016 at 14:40.
Old 11th August 2016, 09:44   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
After installing this Cargo Boot Mat, are you able to still access the luggage net Hooks?
The hooks are not usable with the cargo mat.

Quote:
Anyone here purchased a luggage net yet? I found this and planning to buy it:
I received cargo net with the car.
Old 11th August 2016, 09:54   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
The hooks are not usable with the cargo mat.

I received cargo net with the car.
Thanks for the reply!

Could you please check on your free time if the mat can be cut / a small hole be made to access the hooks points?

Also, yours is a MT SX(O)?
Old 11th August 2016, 10:28   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Could you please check on your free time if the mat can be cut / a small hole be made to access the hooks points?
The mat appears to be a concoction of rubber / PVC. I'm sure you could drill four holes through it if desired.

Quote:
Also, yours is a MT SX(O)?
SX+ Auto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks