Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:48   #1321
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Charges were 13447 plus taxes.

It has both utility and enhancement IMO. In fact now i can easily clean the full roof by standing on the side steps and they seem to be very sturdy. Catch a lot of dust though.

I am not a fan of extra chrome which is adequate in an SX+, but would at some point of time add the front and rear bumpers which are way better than after market ones.

They are subtle, fit snugly, do not over shadow everything else and most importantly do not interfere in the Airbag sensor functions. Only drawback is price.
Thanks for the info
I have a few more questions
What was the total price inclusive of taxes and installation for the side step (I have got a quote of 17k from the dealer hence the question)
Can you post a close up pic of your side step and also a side profile pic of your nanook
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:40   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Thanks for the info
I have a few more questions
What was the total price inclusive of taxes and installation for the side step (I have got a quote of 17k from the dealer hence the question)
Can you post a close up pic of your side step and also a side profile pic of your nanook
Yes. I was also initially told around 17000/-.

I managed to haggle my way out of any installation charges, as also some discount. So if you add taxes it comes to around 15400/-.

Try and get it discounted.

Here are a few snaps.

Fitment
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160821_123332.jpg

Side View
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160908_095757.jpg

Close Up
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160908_0957571.jpg
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:54   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai has launched the 1.6L T-GDI turbo-charged petrol option for the Creta in China.

The engine produces 160PS of power and 250Nm of torque, and is paired to a 7-speed DCT (dual clutch transmission).

Quote:
On the outside, the ix25 1.6T (Creta 1.6T) is identified by a new twin-slat chrome grille, a ‘T-GDi’ badge on the bootlid and dual exhaust tips.

A shame that we are not getting this engine option, even as a performance/limited edition variant.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:38   #1324
BHPian

Hyundai teases the face lifted Creta

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...d-2017/386116/

Last edited by John : 22nd September 2016 at 13:44.
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:43   #1325
BHPian

Do we have any after market fitment of this muffler tip on Creta and has anybody got this done?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-capture.jpg

Have seen some mod available online, but none as good as these.

Last edited by nkghai : 22nd September 2016 at 14:44.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 18:14   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Yes. I was also initially told around 17000/-.

I managed to haggle my way out of any installation charges, as also some discount. So if you add taxes it comes to around 15400/-.

Try and get it discounted.

Here are a few snaps.

One observation
Logically the badge of creta should be exactly where the front door ends and the rear door starts (so that it doesn't get stamped and come off from its place - it also looks spaced out on the side step accordingly) but in your case it looks as if it's in the centre of the front door. IMO while installation there might have been an erroneous switch in left / right side step. I may be wrong but this seems quite logical to me.
Does the installation impact ground clearance?
TorkBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 06:05   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
One observation
Logically the badge of creta should be exactly where the front door ends and the rear door starts (so that it doesn't get stamped and come off from its place - it also looks spaced out on the side step accordingly) but in your case it looks as if it's in the centre of the front door. IMO while installation there might have been an erroneous switch in left / right side step. I may be wrong but this seems quite logical to me.
Does the installation impact ground clearance?
Great observation. Never gave it a thought. If you change sides it will be as you described. Presently mine is bang in Centre of the front door.
It does not effect the GC.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 12:07   #1328
BHPian

With the number of creta variants increasing to 8, with 3 engine options providing manual / automatic transmissions, I thought it'll be helpful to have an excel which will make it easy to see which features are standard variant wise vs which aren't via filters.
I had made this excel for my reference, sharing the same here
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Creta Variants & features 230916.xlsx (17.4 KB, 693 views)

Last edited by TorkBHP : 24th September 2016 at 12:33.
TorkBHP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 17:01   #1329
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hyundai has launched the 1.6L T-GDI turbo-charged petrol option for the Creta in China.

The engine produces 160PS of power and 250Nm of torque, and is paired to a 7-speed DCT (dual clutch transmission).
It's the 1.6 Gamma twin-cam Dual VTVT Turbo-GDI as found on some Veloster models. This, along with the width & weight of the Creta, and the fact that the Creta/ix25 (and its Kia cousin, the KX3) is also available with the 2.0 Nu engine of the Elantra, offers enough proof that the Creta is based on a modified i30/Elantra platform (GD/MD) and not the i20/Verna platform (GB).

Of course, facts hardly matter to the hater horde who keep spewing out the non-sense that the Creta is an "i20 (GB) on stilts". If anything, the Creta/ix25 is an "i30 (GD) on stilts", but then the bilious haters' minds are just not wired to understand simple facts!

Anyway, apart from the 160 PS (@ 5500 rpm) of raw turbo-charged power, the torque of 250 Nm is also made through a wide, flat, delicious torque band of 1450 ~ 4500 rpm!

It's available only with a 7-speed DCT - a pity there's no MT option with this stonker:

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20160924162631.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A shame that we are not getting this engine option, even as a performance/limited edition variant.
Yeah! Hyundai need to introduce the 1.6 Gamma Turbo-GDI 7-speed DCT 2WD & the 2.0 Nu 6-speed AT 4WD as the range-topping models in India. They should be available only on the SX+ or preferably the SX(O) trim level.

Last edited by RSR : 24th September 2016 at 17:24.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 20:43   #1330
BHPian

Auto Speed Lock

Hi
Is the Auto Speed Lock module working? update info required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
1. Link for the Auto Speed Lock OBD Device: (I suggest please wait till i get mine and i test it out, as some sellers said they had problems with Creta model though it is iX25 outside)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-A...08.0.81.rS8Zgf

subbarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 07:29   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai to launch Creta in Brazil in 2017 . Promises it to be exclusive to Brazil. Will be manufactured in Brazil and not specified any time frame .
Creta prototype on tests in the State of São Paulo

Quote:
The SUV sharing the platform with the HB20, and will use the same set of brother. The Creta(ix25) will be the 1.6 flex of 128 HP and 16.5 kgfm with automatic options and six-speed manual.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-flagra_hyundai_creta_1.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-flagra_hyundai_creta.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:20   #1332
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SUV sharing the platform with the HB20, and will use the same set of brother.
It looks like Brazilian automobile websites exhibit the same level of ignorance as most Indian ones. Creta is based on the HB20 platform??? These auto journalist jokers never cease to amaze one!

Indianautosblog is a rare Indian auto website that has got the Creta platform consistently correct, so kudos to them and their editor Shravan Raja who also happens to be a Team-BHP member!

Quote:
The Creta is based on a modified version of the Elantra’s platform.
Link

Thankfully, at least some international auto websites worth their salt get the Creta/ix25 & Kia KX3 platform correct.

Quote:
The ix25 is based on the platform of the Kia Soul, which is made in China by the Dongfeng-Yueda-Kia joint venture.
Link

Quote:
Basing the Soul on the fine platform of the Cee’d is a good start.
Link

What's the Cee'd, by the way? It's nothing but Kia's version of the i30 (GD)!!!

Even without considering the platforms of its siblings & cousins, one look at the widths & weights of the Creta/ix25 and the Elantra/i30 (MD/GD) platform and the i20 (GB) platform should provide a crystal clear idea about the Creta's platform to anyone worth his/her automotive salt!

The Hyundai Creta/ix25 and Kia KX3 are available in some markets with the large 2.0 litre Nu petrol engine mated to a 6-speed torque converter AT and 4WD. This combination is almost impossible to dimensionally fit into the i20/Verna platform. Even Uncle Sam's large petrol engine loving boys & girls get only a 1.6 litre petrol engine mated to a 6-speed MT or AT on their Accent (called Verna in India).

It's no wonder that there's so much pathological hatred constantly being spewed against the Creta. It's a hatred that arises out of sheer laughable ignorance (among other factors).

Last edited by RSR : 26th September 2016 at 11:43.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 00:11   #1333
BHPian

Can anyone with previous experience give some insight as to much actual HP gains would you get by switching to a CAI with the 1.6 crdi? I have come across people from both sides some claiming they can feel the gains and people who have debunked any gains on a dyno..

To be honest I miss the sound of a CAI with vtec from my old accord and I was one of those who felt the HP gains the first time after putting it some 16 years back. Creta SXO is my first diesel vehicle running smoothly for last 13 months without any complains with 8k on the ODO which might be my biggest regret so far..

Think I have resisted enough from starting with any mechanical mods. Currently looking at few options in Delhi for a quick remap to cross the 150 mark. Don't know how reliable the figures are though until I see them on a dyno.

Please give some advice regarding possible stage 1 mods which should be easily available in India. Preferably from brands who focus more on quality and innovation rather than price and availability.
Old 27th September 2016, 18:39   #1334
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Poor mileage

I am posting this on behalf of my BIL who bought the Creta - Petrol variant MT, during July 2016 at Mumbai.
The car has been plagued with very poor mileage. I looked at the figures posted by some of the BHPians here, but his car's mileage takes the cake. He gets around 6 kms per litre in city. Admittedly, Mumbai is not the best city for showing off your car's prowess in fuel consumption , but 6 kmpl? Isn't that abysmally low?

He has taken the car to the dealers (MODI Hyundai, Bandra) and they have given him the stock answer stating that there seems to be nothing wrong. He is at his wits end and wanted to check with BHPians if such low fuel consumption is the standard? If not, what are the options at his disposal? He said that as per the brochure, Hyundai claimed the consumption to be in the vicinity of 12 kmpl.

Would appreciate help on this issue.

ps: Mods: Apologise if i have posted this on the wrong thread.
Old 27th September 2016, 21:14   #1335
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Poor mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
I am posting this on behalf of my BIL who bought the Creta - Petrol variant MT, during July 2016 at Mumbai.
The car has been plagued with very poor mileage. I looked at the figures posted by some of the BHPians here, but his car's mileage takes the cake. He gets around 6 kms per litre in city. Admittedly, Mumbai is not the best city for showing off your car's prowess in fuel consumption , but 6 kmpl? Isn't that abysmally low?

Would appreciate help on this issue.
Hi Earthian,
6 kmpl is no doubt very low mileage for Creta petrol. Is he measuring this using the tank-full method? I would suggest also looking at the average speed clocked by your BIL (MID indicates it) and the most commonly used gears. If the car is driven at an average speed of 15-20 km/hr due to traffic conditions and fairly limited use of the 5th/6th gear, one can expect single digit mileage figures.

That said, I have been getting an average of 12-13 kmpl in NCR and have driven close to 5k kms in last 3 months. My average speed is 27 km/hr and I am able to use 5th or 6th gear for ~20% of the run (essentially on few stretches of the Delhi-Gurgaon e-way). Also RavenAvi has reported similar figures on the Creta petrol.

Last edited by sid_deb : 27th September 2016 at 21:22.
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed