Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 23:08   #1396
AYP
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Just check what a Maruti Suzuki Desire did to a Creta
I don't think that this has anything to do with the stability of the Creta. I wouldn't have been surprised if a Mercedes sedan would have toplled over by that hit. Though yes, because SUV's have a higher Centre of Gravity, it is easier for them to topple.

Last edited by ampere : 13th November 2016 at 09:59. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 9th November 2016, 08:10   #1397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyndai releases another teaser for the upcoming NEW Creta for Brazil.
Hyundai unveils the New Creta for Brazil. Could come as a face lift to in other markets.

Quote:
With regard to comfort and convenience, the versions can be equipped with the driver's seat with ventilation, the air outlet to the rear seats, starting motor for button, face-to-face with remote smart key key lock the doors and trunk, autopilot with controls on the steering wheel, automatic ignition of the headlights, automatic digital air-conditioning, rear view camera and parking sensor. Some configurations include front and rear electric Windows with one-touch functions to ascent and descent and closing, opening and closing of the glass by means of the key, external mirrors with electric folding and on-board computer with functions Configurator.
Quote:
All settings have low tire pressure monitoring, alert sound of not placing the seatbelt for driver and passenger, visual alert of doors and trunk open, locking the doors and the trunk to 20 km/h, child safety locks in the rear doors and wiper and rear window defroster
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta-3.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta-5.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta-4.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta-11.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta-12.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta-15.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta-13.jpg

Quote:
The available options are:

Gamma 1.6 l 16V DOHC D-CVVT
Power: 130 (E) | 123 (G) at 6,300 rpm
Torque: 16.5 kg. m (E) | 16.0 kgf.m to 4,850 rpm

Nu 2.0 l 16V DOHC D-CVV
Power: 166 (E) | 156 (G) at 6,200 rpm
Torque: 20.5 kg. m (E) | 19.1 kgf.m to 4,700 rpm

Transmission

The Hyundai Crete with 2.0 engine is equipped with six-speed automatic transmission with sequential exchanges. Already the cars with 1.6 booster can have a stick or six-speed automatic, also with sequential exchanges
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th November 2016 at 08:23.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 08:07   #1398
BHPian

Can anyone here share a comprehensive list of standard accessories supplied with the creta
Old 10th November 2016, 12:23   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Can anyone here share a comprehensive list of standard accessories supplied with the creta
Check this post by nkghai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Creta Accessories from Mobis
Old 10th November 2016, 12:52   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Check this post by nkghai
Thanks, but what I needed was a list of default standard accessories eg. Cargo net, Medical kit, extra bulbs, etc. Stuff like this which should be a part of the car delievry package.
Old 10th November 2016, 18:28   #1401
BHPian

9 months and 11K on the Creta SX(o). Second free service done. Great experience so far.

Just a repeat of my experience so far - completely atechnical - sorry to disappoint the discerning.

My short list of concerns so far :
a) Front windshield wiper speed : I have a problem with the speed of the wiper at the first position. It's too slow even for a decent drizzle while the second position is too fast for a drizzle. I frequently find myself turning on and turning off the wiper every few seconds to simulate a 1.5 speed

b) The Hyundai icon on the steering wheel - when the sun shines from behind, it reflects onto the eye leaving it dazed. For long highway drives, this minor thing becomes a huge irritant

c) As mentioned before, handling on gravelly, upward surface is a problem, with the traction control kicking in and the car ends up struggling on relatively straightforward surfaces. I turn off the traction control most of the times to avoid such problems and everything goes fine. Handling on downward hairpin bends is a problem too - the vehicle tries to be intelligent and I hear the 'Trrrrrrrrrrrr' sound again when turning and braking at the same time.

Positives outweigh the above

a) The boot has been big enough for multiple people, we carry, well half the home items in the car these days.
b) Less driving fatigue, higher average speeds on longer journeys without strain
c) Handling been good even at high speeds ( not that I drive at that speeds frequently ) as well as on bumpy roads, good suspensions, to avoid the odd bad patches on the roads, it's no longer necessary to slow down too much, saves time without affecting comfort - you can just drive through them ( I had a swift before, so this is definitely big for me)
d) Spacious for the backseaters, no bodyroll ( or atleast not pronounced )
e) Ease of parking even in cramped places, thanks to the steering. Fun driving the car in the city just as it is on the highway
f) Not measured FE - but doesn't appear concerning - so not checked. Pls share your numbers
g) Great headlamps, great visibility on lowbeam light as well. Plus, nobody messes up with their highbeams : a small dim-and-dip sends a good cautionary note to the vehicles from the opposite side to lower their lamps.
h) Braking no longer an issue, perhaps I have gotten used to the increased braking distance.

Overall, its still fun to drive this vehicle after these many months, which is the main reason for buying it

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2016 at 07:09. Reason: Deleting mention of high speeds
Old 10th November 2016, 22:13   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
9 months and 11K on the Creta SX(o). Second free service done. Great experience so far.

Just a repeat of my experience so far - completely atechnical - sorry to disappoint the discerning.

My short list of concerns so far :
a) Front windshield wiper speed : I have a problem with the speed of the wiper at the first position. It's too slow even for a decent drizzle while the second position is too fast for a drizzle. I frequently find myself turning on and turning off the wiper every few seconds to simulate a 1.5 speed
At the first position, you can adjust the wiper speed using the knob (turns up/down) in the center. I hope you are aware of this.
Old 11th November 2016, 11:47   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Took delivery on Wednesday. It is a Petrol automatic. Will share initial impressions soon.
What was your delivery period.. I've booked Petrol AT with Pramukh Hyundai in Mumbai. It's been 3 months since and I've just been informed that its a minimum of One more month of waiting. Being given some BS about Hyundai doesn't have engines due to some strike...

Pramukh is also refusing to share with me, any details of the booking they have received from Hyundai! Is it standard practise for Hyundai dealers to refuse to share the booking acknowledgement with the customer?

They insist that the Pramukh Hyundai receipt is the only booking acknowledgment I will ever get.

Pretty harrowed at the entire experience with Pramukh Hyundai.

Last edited by ampere : 13th November 2016 at 10:03. Reason: grammer; removed attachment from quoted post
Old 11th November 2016, 14:45   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
What was your delivery period.. I've booked Petrol AT with Pramukh Hyundai in Mumbai. It's been 3 months since and I've just been informed that its a minimum of One more month of waiting. Being given some BS about Hyundai doesn't have engines due to some strike...

Is it standard practise for Hyundai dealers to refuse to share the booking acknowledgement with the customer?
I was informed of a 6-8 week waiting period at the time of booking. Had the car with me 7 weeks later. Although at the moment, I think most models have a waiting of 3-5 weeks and Automatic has a 8-10 week period.
Your booking receipt would have an approx delivery time? I kept in touch with the dealer throughout the process. I had requested a call once they placed the order with Hyundai. It was fairly transarent I guess. I believe the order is placed by dealers around the 5-6th of every month.
4 months is a little hard to stomach. I had originally booked a Manual and transferred it to Automatic, so I had a 12 week waiting of sorts You ought to have enquired with other dealers. Have you booked a black one by any chance?

Last edited by promit : 11th November 2016 at 14:46.
Old 11th November 2016, 17:39   #1405
BHPian

Is it possible to upgrade the AVN system that comes with the vehicle, with Android auto or Apple Car play?
Old 13th November 2016, 00:45   #1406
BHPian

We recently bought a Ciaz and I was absolutely delighted to learn that they have built an app to function as a remote for the ICE. Any smartphone connected with Bluetooth can control the basic functions!

Why can't this be a standard across all manufacturers? Sorely miss having a remote in the factory-fit ICE setup.
Old 13th November 2016, 08:52   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I don't think that this has anything to do with the stability of the Creta. I wouldn't have been surprised if a Mercedes sedan would have toplled over by that hit. Though yes, because SUV's have a higher Centre of Gravity, it is easier for them to topple.
Plus the Creta is turning. But interesting to see that no one even bothers with the Desire to check out the well being of it's occupants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai unveils the New Creta for Brazil. Could come as a face lift to in other markets.
Source[/url]
I liked the old grill better. This takes the car closer to the family look of the Tucson and the Santa Fe. Like the flush mounted roof rails though. The current ones that jut out look odd to me. Kind of like horns on a car. But then I am someone who would rather not have roof rails at all. The horizontal fog lamps don't hurt but don't have much impact on the front look either.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 13th November 2016, 10:26   #1408
Team-BHP Support

# Does the 1.4S offer rear wash/wipe?

# Does it have the projector head-lamps?
Old 13th November 2016, 10:40   #1409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
# Does the 1.4S offer rear wash/wipe?

# Does it have the projector head-lamps?
# Nope

# Nope

Both are offered from 1.6L SX onwards.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 11:29   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post

I am actually surprised to see the Desire cabin intact , considering the speed of impact. May be if it was a head on collision we would have seen the worst of Maruti.
The Creta driver is a complete moron.Probably the high CG knocked the Creta off. Hope everyone had their seat belts on.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 13th November 2016 at 11:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks