Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 13:19   #211
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Great. Was your TD as extensive as the Mods get to perform or is it based on the standard 2km TD that the dealers offer ?
The Creta rides better in the city. It's very plush and absorbs bumps nicely. It's not as good as Duster in slow speeds as sharp bumps can catch it out. In comparison the S-cross rides well but has an underlying firmness to it which jiggles you around a little over bad roads and slow speeds.

As speed builds up, the ride quality tilts in favour of the S-cross. The slightly stiffer S-cross just absorbs anything. It's closer to the Duster. The Creta's softer ride is fine as long as roads are smooth but over undulating, broken roads at higher speeds, the S-cross feels way more composed.

Handling wise S-cross has the edge. It just feels sharper, more eager to change direction. The Creta is no nonsense, won't blow you away but will get the job done without drama or fuss. It's the best Hyundai when it comes to ride/handling but the Duster has better ride and the S-cross handles better. There's very little between the 3 for ride/handling to be a deciding factor.

The Creta is like the Corolla of the compact SUV segment.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 13:49   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
No, I didn't had the privilege to do a TD like our Mods, but surely will like to.

It was around 8kms drive. Creta ride is a little softer when compared to S-Cross. As a driver, I like it that way, hence the comment. Ride quality can be subjective just like looks and also depends upon where one is seated inside the car.

If you don't agree with me about the ride quality, it is perfectly fine. I just shared my experience and in no way I am saying S-Cross is better vehicle than Creta or vice-a-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Please don't get me wrong. I haven't even driven the S Cross. If I do, I am sure I will get only the standard 2Km drive until all the excitement dies down. I was only wondering how we can figure out so much in such small drives.

Hey roadsurfer how did you manage to get a 8km test drive. Did you ask for a long TD specifically. BNM is the standard TD limited to 2 km and is usually the one I have always got for all cars purchased. Is there a way to get longer TD's or a simple request is sufficient. Never thought of it earlier but makes sense before the next purchase.
Old 4th September 2015, 15:26   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey roadsurfer how did you manage to get a 8km test drive. Did you ask for a long TD specifically. BNM is the standard TD limited to 2 km and is usually the one I have always got for all cars purchased. Is there a way to get longer TD's or a simple request is sufficient. Never thought of it earlier but makes sense before the next purchase.
I just asked the SA for a good TD and made clear that only if I am satisfied, will book the car. He readily agreed to it. Was it because I showed interest in 1.6MJD which is a slow mover of the shelf or Nexa premium service to the customers, I really don't know.

Also back in 2012, a friend wanted to buy i20 (he had made his mind already). But I insisted him to take a TD. The Hyundai SA was more than happy to come with the TD vehicle to our office. I accompanied my friend and even then we took quite a longish TD. The SA didn't even say a word during the whole drive.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:33   #214
BHPian

Quote:
I just asked the SA for a good TD and made clear that only if I am satisfied, will book the car. He readily agreed to it. Was it because I showed interest in 1.6MJD which is a slow mover of the shelf or Nexa premium service to the customers, I really don't know.

Also back in 2012, a friend wanted to buy i20 (he had made his mind already). But I insisted him to take a TD. The Hyundai SA was more than happy to come with the TD vehicle to our office. I accompanied my friend and even then we took quite a longish TD. The SA didn't even say a word during the whole drive.
Ok that seems logical and maybe a bit of ignorance on my part because I never asked for a longer drive. However during my TD in 2008 for a worthy sedan, I tested almost 6 vehicles in a day comparing the SX4, City, Verna and the lot to get an idea on the same day of all cars to be compared. Will definitely make use of this information and demand longer TD's the next time.
Old 4th September 2015, 19:39   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Advaith Hyundai is the best for test drives in Bangalore. Blue Hyundai kept saying that they were not allowed to take a test drive for more than 2 Kms. Called Advaith Banerghatta road and the sales guy brings the car home on an early Sunday morning and I did a full 50 km test drive. Clap.I am so convinced that I am going to book my SX(O) with them. This is exceptional service in times when others have a care a dam attitude considering the demand and wait times for the Creta. Awesome.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 22:39   #216
BHPian

Picked up my AT today. Pleasant, pain free experience with Trident Hyundai Whitefield and my SA Arun. Was stuck in the mega ORR jam for a couple of hours on the way back and was feeling lucky to have bought an automatic ☺.

Love the way the car drives. Coming to a diesel after years of driving petrols made almost no difference in the NVH levels and a nice, appreciable difference in the power boost. Good surprise at the price of a full tank too.

Now to get some accessories over the next few days.
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 23:00   #217
Senior - BHPian

What is the difference between cold tyre air pressure and hot tyre air pressure. Checked the tyre pressure of Creta after being run for like 10 kms and pressure was showing 45psi. The pump guy reduced the pressure to 33psi and I don't like the way the car handles now.

Where did the math go wrong?!
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 09:48   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
What is the difference between cold tyre air pressure and hot tyre air pressure. Checked the tyre pressure of Creta after being run for like 10 kms and pressure was showing 45psi. The pump guy reduced the pressure to 33psi and I don't like the way the car handles now.

Where did the math go wrong?!
Always measure the tyre pressure within 1.5kms of a cold start (cold start = car hasn't run for ~ 4 hrs or so). Thereafter the pressure increase depends on the ambient condition. In my car, the tyre sensors show an increase of about 3PSI for 6-8kms of run on a moderately warm day.

In your case, if the recommended tyre pressure is 33PSI, then obviously you are running short now.

More detailed discussions available on the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-pressure.html
Old 5th September 2015, 10:29   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Checked the tyre pressure of Creta after being run for like 10 kms and pressure was showing 45psi. The pump guy reduced the pressure to 33psi and I don't like the way the car handles now.
All the tyre pressures recommended by the manufacturer is 'COLD' temperatures and not Warm / Hot temperature.

When the car is idle for more than 3-4 hours, the temperature of the tyre is near ambient so the pressure inside is what is to 'measured and maintained' as per recommendation.

Since the car was driven for 10 kms, the tyre temperature will increase so will the air inside increase in both temperature and pressure. After the travel of 10 kms the temperate increased to 45 psi.

Now the when you sent to check up the air pressures the 'Set Pressure' by the pump guy is 33psi BUT that is cold pressure.

When the valve was connected to go air, it was displaying 45psi hence it reduced it to 33psi. After doing the same in all 4 tyres, you returned to it to drive, net pressure has now decreased may be to 22 - 25psi.

What I suggest you is, check the pressures 'ALWAYS' when cold and not after driving it around. If the air filling station isn't near home, a drive below 3 kms will not raise the internal temperature much. If possible get yourself a tyre inflator and a pressure gauge.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 10:31   #220
Team-BHP Support

Creta takes on the S-Cross 1.6 and the Duster 110 and comes across as the winner in this Autocar conparison. And I agree with them on most points here.

Creta defenitly deserves to go on the top of the lists. Anyone knows if an AWD Creta is on the cards sometime soon?

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 10:36   #221
Senior - BHPian

If you are checking the pressure after a few kms drive, add around 3psi to the recommended pressure. If checking after a highway drive, add around 8psi.
If in doubt, always opt for a higher pressure. Tyres with low pressure are more prone to heat build up and bursts than tyres with higher pressure.
Back when I had a TPMS on our Ford Ikon, I had observed an increase of around 8 to 10 psi while driving on highways.
honeybee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 13:42   #222
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys for all your inputs! Headed straight to the same fuel station today and increased the pressure to 40psi. Feels much better.

Ordered Michelin car air compressor with auto cut off and digital display on Amazon for INR 4425 + Shipping. http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00X74QYQ0

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-81jhaljhsvl._sl1500_.jpg

BTW... while refuelling yesterday the fuel meter had two bars left. But the creta took in close to 55L of Diesel. And there was no low fuel warning at all!

What's the reserve capacity of the creta. According to my sales guy, the creta would run only 5kms after the low fuel light comes up, which was quite hard to believe. But when I correlate the readings. His statement seems to be true. This is a bit worrying now.

Creta owner, please chip in with your experience. Mine is a SX(O) Diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0774.jpg  

Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 14:29   #223
BHPian

Quote:
What's the reserve capacity of the creta. According to my sales guy, the creta would run only 5kms after the low fuel light comes up, which was quite hard to believe. But when I correlate the readings. His statement seems to be true. This is a bit worrying now.

Creta owner, please chip in with your experience. Mine is a SX(O) Diesel.
I came back home from the dealer yesterday with a low fuel warning all the way and when i filled up, it had done 10.8 km and my fill up to full tank was 50.8 L. This is on the AT. My SA said he wasnt sure, but that it was at least 5L. I checked the manual and for some reason, it doesnt say as well.
Old 5th September 2015, 15:19   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Advaith Hyundai is the best for test drives in Bangalore. Called Advaith Banerghatta road and the sales guy brings the car home on an early Sunday morning and I did a full 50 km test drive.
Wow. That is exceptionally long test drive for a car which is selling like hot cake. Bring the car home on a Sunday morning shows the dealership's commitment to customers. In Hyderabad I tried asking to bring the TD vehicle home and Kun Hyundai rejected it as they were having a lot of people queuing up at their showroom. When I dropped into the showroom on the 2nd Saturday after launch, they already had 15 or more TDs scheduled and was at least 1.5-2hrs of wait. I decided to go the following Monday and I requested for a longer TD. SA obliged and took me for approx. 7-8km TD which had open stretches and bad patches and he encouraged to take on the rough roads to test the vehicle. Overall good experience with Kun Hyundai Kondapur. I bought my current Verna also at the same dealership.
Old 5th September 2015, 15:32   #225
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai and Maruti bend over backwards for customer. That's what I like. Recently I went to see Jazz, Mekhri circle showroom, nobody even said hello. Same tepid response when I went to see Aspire, Palace Road Cross.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks