Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 07:13   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
***WARNING!!!!***

The auto up/down driver side power window feature of the Creta lacks the anti pinch safety feature.
Which variant are you using? It's available in SX(O) atleast. I had tested this during delivery. And yes, it aint comfortable but does work. The glass is thin and gives the impression of a knife so makes it painful. I had reported on the glass thickness in my ownership report too.

Try testing this again with a tennis ball.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 08:12   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Which variant are you using? It's available in SX(O) atleast. I had tested this during delivery. And yes, it aint comfortable but does work. The glass is thin and gives the impression of a knife so makes it painful. I had reported on the glass thickness in my ownership report too.

Try testing this again with a tennis ball.
Quite Possible. I've got the SX(O) as well. But it gave me a real tight squeeze before it retracted.

Should work with a tennis ball but that isn't what it is meant for.... eh?

Do you really think a toddler or a young child would be able to withstand the pain?
Old 4th November 2015, 08:56   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Quite Possible. I've got the SX(O) as well. But it gave me a real tight squeeze before it retracted.

Should work with a tennis ball but that isn't what it is meant for.... eh?

Do you really think a toddler or a young child would be able to withstand the pain?
Yes, it does give that tight squeeze. Tennis ball test is a safe way to determine that the anti pinch feature actually works. In most of the medium segment cars, what happens is that the object should be at the top most position (at the door edge) since your hand wont move freely. So the window will detect the foreign object and rolls back. So it gives that real tight squeeze feel. I have noticed this in all my previous cars (vento, ecosport, verna and now the creta). In reality, the window should detect or feel that extra object when it's blocking the window edge and roll back. It's basically a sensor that checks the force required in rolling the windows. If the sensor detects an extra force while rolling up the windows, it will roll back. This is how I think it works in most of the premium cars - They just roll back easily not giving that tight squeeze. They have might used a cheap sensor in mid segment cars .
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 18:16   #544
BHPian

Hey guys took a TD of the Creta SX(O) diesel yesterday. Took her through rather varying terrains to really stretch her limbs and I must say she didn't disappoint.

What I liked:

1.The way she rode over rough patches- Very well done Hyundai! Though a bit wavy when really pushed, she was in no way uncomfortable. The suspension did its job quietly. Body roll was well controlled.

2. Engine- The motor was torquey and offered sufficient punch for quick overtakes. I doubt whether it'll be a highway blazer owing to a car engine being placed in a pseudo SUV, but it gets the job done without much ado. She pulls better after the 1800 RPM mark. Motor can be heard faintly at low RPMs but quietens up nicely when up to speed. Power delivery is fairly linear.

3. Light controls!- Super light in fact. So much that it didn't feel any different from my petrol i20. Even my father loved how easy she was to operate for a big and tall vehicle. Feather light clutch and gears which were a breeze to operate.

4. Space- For the dimensions she's really spacious. Asking any more would be overkill. Nice boot too. Comfy yet firm seats.

5. Looks and quality- She looks strong yet elegant inside- out. Evenly spaced panel gaps, good fit and finish all over, decent material quality.

6.Got the basics covered- I mean you don't feel short changed. She rides and handles well, got a good engine, is very safe (Traction Control+6 airbags+ESP+ABS+EBD+Static Bending Lamps) etc. You feel that she's a well engineered and well thought out product. Hyundai did their job well this time.

What I didn't like

1.Missing something- Maybe I'm being too picky but the Creta didn't MAKE me or my father WANT it. It fits all our bills and needs AND at just over INR 15 lakhs OTR it doesn't blow your wallet either, but it doesn't tug at your heart strings the way a prospective new car should. It would be a good buy logically but maybe we need to snoop around more.

2. Lack of steering feedback- The steering was accurate but far from direct. It felt isolated from the road and was perhaps a bit too light for my taste. On the other hand it would result in fatigue free driving but the driving enthusiast in me yearned for a steering which talked (I miss our old Ikon).

3.Evident cost cutting- Come on even our decade old Ikon had backlit power window switches! I can live without auto wipers and the lot but not blandness. Also inside the cabin you feel all the design flavor is concentrated to the front fascia and as you look towards the rear end (door panels and rear air con vents) it looks like somebody turned out the lights. It's just BLACK everywhere- not even any interesting shapes or contours. Maybe the interior designers at Hyundai got bored. A sun roof would've been icing on the cake for an out doorsy looking vehicle like Creta- it would've added a lot more (aesthetic if not functional) value to the entire package.

Verdict- To me it's a no brainer among the existing cross overs below 20 lakhs. It is a well rounded package which might lack that extra flair but it's not so bad- the good sales speaks for itself. For us it is a possible buy- she's fast, efficient, spacious, good looking, comfortable and ticks all the essential boxes. I'm guessing the soft suspension and the light steering which MIGHT be a slight deterrent for us enthusiasts can be overlooked since it is a vehicle designed for the masses. Maybe they should've had a Creta R with stiffer suspensions and a wee bit more grunt Anyways good job Hyundai.

And apparently Hyundai service personnel don't want us to keep our mouths in the cars prior to service. *look below*

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_3455.jpg

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2015 at 07:16. Reason: Deleting extra smileys.
Vivek Jayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 10:15   #545
BHPian

I have a 1.6 VTVT SX + Petrol and i want advice on two basic issues .

Firstly, as rightly pointed out in one of the posts when you start the vehicle in morning, the engine runs up to a higher rpm say around 1250 to 1300 rpm and after 15-30 seconds settles at approx 1050 to 1100 rpm. This was the case with my steed too, but of late i have found that when i start my vehicle in the morning, the rpm is 1050 only and remains like that . No ups and downs. I initially thought it may be due to less running or very small halts of the previous day but have seen this happening over the week. I don't think it is normal and the ECU is playing games. Correct me if i am wrong?

Secondly, is it normal to have the right head light aimed a bit lower than the left one? In pitch dark night on low beam i notice the difference clearly. Is it a general trend for convenience of oncoming traffic or should i get it rectified.

Last edited by nkghai : 9th November 2015 at 10:16.
Old 10th November 2015, 17:26   #546
BHPian

Hey guys, has anyone here purchased a 1.6 Base Creta, if yes could someone please post the interior and exterior photos of the same. Also had a query, the base Creta does not come with fog lamps, is it possible to fit same at the dealer?
Old 11th November 2015, 13:15   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
I have a 1.6 VTVT SX + Petrol and i want advice on two basic issues .
I guess thats normal and the idle rpm has settled down now. The diesel idles at around 800-900 rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hey guys, has anyone here purchased a 1.6 Base Creta, if yes could someone please post the interior and exterior photos of the same. Also had a query, the base Creta does not come with fog lamps, is it possible to fit same at the dealer?
Pictures of the Base model should be available on the internet. I don't think the dealers will stock the fog lights, you might have to order them. Also the wiring might not be plug and play and you may have to install a generic switch if the fog light switch is not available on the stalk.

BTW has anyone got this type of bumper guard installed or enquired about the pricing? Its not yet available at my place, got a source from Facebook, an accessories shop in Chennai who is quoting 15.5k for the set. Wanted to know if that is a fair price or am I getting ripped off.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20151111wa0013.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20151111wa0011.jpg  

Shakensoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 13:40   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
BTW has anyone got this type of bumper guard installed or enquired about the pricing? Its not yet available at my place, got a source from Facebook, an accessories shop in Chennai who is quoting 15.5k for the set. Wanted to know if that is a fair price or am I getting ripped off.
Not to dampen your spirit but why do you want these bumper guards so badly? To me those are an eyesore in an otherwise good looking vehicle.

Last edited by super.cars : 11th November 2015 at 13:59.
super.cars is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 16:43   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Not to dampen your spirit but why do you want these bumper guards so badly? To me those are an eyesore in an otherwise good looking vehicle.
+1 that!

I am not sure - but I remember reading long, long ago in my Maruti Omni E manual that if any bumper guard is mounted - since it fits on the chassis directly, it actually voids the warranty!

My take is simple - whether the above is true or not - the bumper is supposed to fail in an untoward incident and protect you and your car! Why protect it with something strong - which can damage the car and you under the guise of protecting the bumper!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 19:22   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
I happened to see these bumpers on a car near Rajahmundry, I am for all stock and don't like any add-ons, however in this case the bumper actually looked good and not like those hideous bumpers we see in an Innova or Scorpios.

Maybe the photos don't do justice, you have to see it in person. Also I wasn't sure if they were hooked to the chasis for they were well integrated with the original bumper.
Old 11th November 2015, 19:30   #551
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure of these bumper guards. I am of the opinion that no add on guards either steel or fiber be fitted.

The cars are designed to crumple on impact to lessen the g force acting on the occupants and to also dissipate the force of impact away from the passenger cabin.

Your 5 star crash tested car will turn into an unsafe preposition on impact. Correct me if I am wrong.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 23:22   #552
BHPian

I completely agree that the iron/steel bumpers will definitely hamper the structural integrity incase of a crash and I do not endorse installing them.

But the one above look like fiber guards and purely for aesthetic point of view, and only to prevent minor dents and scratches. These look much better option than those ugly steel guards.
Old 12th November 2015, 09:48   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Its not yet available at my place, got a source from Facebook, an accessories shop in Chennai who is quoting 15.5k for the set. Wanted to know if that is a fair price or am I getting ripped off.
15k is a huge rip off to be honest.. this item is available in china for ix25 and roughly should not cost more than 4k. There bumper guards currently available for creta look hideous imo and if you are really worried about protecting your bumper then I would recommend ppf from 3m instead. I believe it should not cost more than 7-8 k for both bumpers, please correct me if I am wrong if anybody has already got it done.
Old 12th November 2015, 10:49   #554
BANNED

Quote:
Its not yet available at my place, got a source from Facebook, an accessories shop in Chennai who is quoting 15.5k for the set.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I am not sure of these bumper guards. I am of the opinion that no add on guards either steel or fiber be fitted.
+1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
15k is a huge rip off to be honest.. this item is available in china for ix25 and roughly should not cost more than 4k.
Just checked AliExpress and found the prices are ranging from 21K to 39K including shipping. IMO what price you have been quoted is good enough.

But overall and my honest opinion, stick to stock looks. If your worried of scratches etc, get the bumpers PPF'ed (Paint Protection Film) by 3M. They are excellent and work well.

These bumper guards will hamper your guaranteed protection as quoted by Hyundai during a crash. The damage caused by these guards are more than protection. These guards are more of a style statement.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th November 2015 at 10:50.
Old 12th November 2015, 11:25   #555
Senior - BHPian

Creta shod with Matt black 18 inch alloys, 235 profile Michelins, 3M black gloss roof and rear three quarter, and black leather seats.

Belongs to a friend and shares garage with a 530D Msport, C200, and a Cayman S.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-photogrid_1447306857605.jpg  

9thsphinx is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks