Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2015, 18:15   #616
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
If anyone is interested to smoke tail lamps of Creta and wondering how it would look.
Looks nice.

I noticed you have installed door visors. I was thinking for going for door visors but am not sure whether it will introduce any additional noise. What is your experience about the noise especially when driving at high speeds on highways?
Old 9th December 2015, 18:59   #617
BHPian

Rushlane reports that Hyundai Creta prices will be increased upto Rs 30,000/- along with all Hyundai cars.

Quote:
Second largest car manufacturer in the country, Hyundai India today revealed that they will be increasing price of all their cars. This latest price hike will also affect their newly launched Creta, whose price was just recently hiked in October 2015.

As per Hyundai India, the price hike was inevitable. There is nothing they could have done to keep the cars priced same. The reason for the price hike as stated by Hyundai India are “factors like increase in cost of components, weak rupee etc.” Though the carmaker did not specify the new price of their respective model, they did say that the price will be hiked by up to INR 30,000.
Old 9th December 2015, 20:20   #618
Senior - BHPian

Dear Creta Diesel Owners (SX(O)),

Can you please confirm if you see the Diesel Filter Warning light (Inside the Tachometer) while starting the engine?

In my vehicle the light stays for about 3 seconds and then goes off. Is it normal?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-12336042_1205694856110504_372775415_n.jpg
Old 10th December 2015, 06:49   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Dear Creta Diesel Owners (SX(O)),

Can you please confirm if you see the Diesel Filter Warning light (Inside the Tachometer) while starting the engine?

In my vehicle the light stays for about 3 seconds and then goes off. Is it normal?
Yes, it stays for 3 seconds and then goes off. Checked my car too. Here's from the manual.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_4.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 09:24   #620
Senior - BHPian

Does Hyundai have a problem with the AT gearbox tuning?

A third person has reported the GB to get confused around 20-40 kmph range.

Quoting from BNM's review:
Link to thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Quote:

What You Won't
7. The drive at speeds between 20 and 35 KMPH

Driving at Speeds 10 to 30 KMPH in heavy traffic
This is the scenario in heavy traffic but there is some open space ahead of you say 30 to 50 mts. In the MT typically you would slot into 2nd gear and still do the dance with the clutch and accelerator this time. This is where it gets a little annoying in the Creta AT. The gear probably shifts to second but the moment you lift your leg from the accelerator, it goes to neutral - And it seems like it is back to the first gear and needs to start all over again. Here is where you hear the constant engine whirring and it gets annoying.

Driving at Speeds 30 to 60 KMPH in normal traffic
This would be normal traffic conditions. Once you get past the 30 KMPH mark, the acceleration is smoother, the gear shifts become less noticeable and you will get 4th gear at 40KMPH and 5th gear by 60KMPH (I have seen this by shifting to tiptronic mode and viewing the gear on the instrument cluster). When you decelerate from 60 by lifting your leg off the throttle the speed comes down gradually holds the 5th gear till you get to around 50 and then shifts to the 4th gear and so on. Once you hit 30 it seems to go to neutral.
Quoting from The Goan's review:
Link to thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...xperience.html

Quote:

While driving in traffic that is, doing speeds varying from 20-40 kmph the Auto gearbox tends to be in a confused and constantly at-work state. I could sense the car trying to work out the best gear based on my accelerator input. At times I knew that the traffic was soon to slow down and the car has already upshifted only to downshift later. With the tiptronic I could considerably lessen the number of gear changes albeit giving up the luxury of the Auto.
My uncle who test drove the Creta AT said the same thing.
He also added that the GB wasn't too good to climb flyovers at slow speeds in D mode as it was downshifting.
Old 10th December 2015, 15:38   #621
BHPian

Excellent pics of your Whiger.
I see thats Prestige Shantiniketan in the Background

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
My Whiger (After 2 Months)

> 3M Glossy Black from 3M Care Whitefield Bangalore.
Attachment 1439822Attachment 1439823Attachment 1439824
My Whiger was looking too white for my taste and added elite black touch on the rear pillars. And the glossy black was a tough decision over matte as I found the later not blending well with the front and rear windshield mirrors. I was not totally convinced to cover my shark fin antenna with vinyl and went with the sunroof look covering only 3/4th of the roof.

The rear sunshades are the nicest things I bought from Amazon.co.uk that works like socks and they are universal fit.
I too plan to apply 3M black roof and add elite black touch on the rear pillar from 3M car care Whitefield
It looks really good on your car.
May i know how much they charged for black roof and rear pillar?
Could you please share pictures of the rear sunshades and the Amazon URL ?

Quote:
> Matte Black Deerskin Leather Seat Covers from Imperial Leathers & 3M Nomad Mats from 3M Care Whitefield
For my whiger seats I got the OEM covers removed for a snug fit. I feel the double red thread complemented well with the black covers. And the leather steering cover was from Devraj as I also shared in my previous ownership review.
I fitted Black Nappa Leather with red single stich from Imperial Leathers 3 weeks ago.
I called up Devaraj for steering cover but since they wanted to detach the steering wheel , i was reluctant to do and instead opted for steering from Imperial itself.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:12   #622
Senior - BHPian

Finally took the plunge and removed the carpet. It was a very painful sight to see my 3 month old ride going thru' the process.

None of the ASCs were willing to take in my vehicle since they were already flooded with flood affected vehicles. Hence took it to a FNG to carry out the carpet.

The Carpet is real thick. It would take atleast a couple of days for it to become dry.

Any actions/ precautions that I must take now, before putting the carpet back? And how did the water get in? Any guess?
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2959.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2968.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2964.jpg
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 22:00   #623
BANNED

Quote:
Any actions/ precautions that I must take now, before putting the carpet back? And how did the water get in? Any guess?
All door beadings have a water drain off channel. Please have a check on them too.

They may not be doing their jobs as required.

Once the carpet is dried won't it shrink a bit in size making it difficult to refit as OEM standards.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:17   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, it stays for 3 seconds and then goes off. Checked my car too. Here's from the manual.

Attachment 1448760
Thanks for the clarification Naveen. Am a lil paranoid after driving thru' the floods in chennai. Am so relieved to know that the 3 second flash is the norm.

And my airbag lights seem to stay a bit longer. Do you experience the same?
Old 11th December 2015, 13:22   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Naveen. Am a lil paranoid after driving thru' the floods in chennai. Am so relieved to know that the 3 second flash is the norm.

And my airbag lights seem to stay a bit longer. Do you experience the same?
Even I was puzzled when I saw the lights staying a bit longer. Yes, airbag light also stays bit longer.
Old 11th December 2015, 14:44   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Even I was puzzled when I saw the lights staying a bit longer. Yes, airbag light also stays bit longer.

That's reassuring Navin! Thanks a ton!
Old 12th December 2015, 08:27   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Does Hyundai have a problem with the AT gearbox tuning?
This problem is because of the nature of the gear box to immediately upshift at a certain rev range. On a level road this isn't as big a problem as on inclines.
I thought of a solution for the manufacturers - pair a gyroscope sensor to the gearbox. Depending on the slope of the incline, it could alter the rev range at which the gear box upshifts.
The Goan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 10:12   #628
BHPian

My first issue with the Creta has crept in. This morning there seems to be some problem with the display unit. While reversing, the image is coming on the screen and since the radio was already on when starting, the volume display is also being shown. However, the screen is blank for all other options and I tried pressing all the buttons but to no avail. Any idea what could be the problem? Do I need to take it to the service centre? I have attached screen shots of the reversing image and the image showing only the volume.

I had tried switching off the engine and restarting, but the problem remains.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20151212_092158.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20151212_092229.jpg  

Old 12th December 2015, 10:26   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
My first issue with the Creta has crept in. This morning there seems to be some problem with the display unit. While reversing, the image is coming on the screen and since the radio was already on when starting, the volume display is also being shown. However, the screen is blank for all other options and I tried pressing all the buttons but to no avail. Any idea what could be the problem? Do I need to take it to the service centre? I have attached screen shots of the reversing image and the image showing only the volume.

Oh this issue is very much there with the system and not particular with your vehicle. This has happened with me three times. It will automatically come with your next restart.
Switch off completely , wait for a minute of so and then restart. At least that is what has happened with me and the screen came back.
Have noted it for my next service
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 10:26   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post

You might want to try to reset the stereo, I know its not the same car, but the reset button ought to be there somewhere on the faceplate.

batterylow is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed