Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 20:23   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
It used to work for me as well. I haven't checked recently though. Did your dealer do the AVN software upgrade at your last visit?
Nope. They didnt update the AVN. I fiddled with the system to learn more. It might have changed the settings somewhere.
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:23   #692
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

More than 100 days after I booked a Creta, I finally brought home my Creta 1.6 SX CRDi on 28th Dec. Here is my report -

Dealer: Kun United Hyundai, Kondapur, Hyderabad
Booking Date: 10th Sep 2015
Booking Fee: INR 25000
Delivery Commitment: 60 days
Model and Colour: Creta 1.6 SX CRDi, Stardust (Grey)
Ex-Showroom and On-Road Price in Hyderabad: INR 1200948, INR 1418340 (Company Lease)

Previous Cars: Honda City ZX GXi 2006 (Outgoing car), 168000 kms done. Santro Xing 2003, 46000 kms done.

Buying Experience:

Bad! During booking time, the salesman promised to deliver my car in 60 days. I reiterated how important the 60 days thing was because my purchase was via company lease. Nothing happened after 60 days - no calls from the dealer, evasive responses when I called them, several false promises, etc. Things may have turned out to be different if I had started the follow up before the 60 day wait, but I had a personal emergency at home and was running to the hospital for weeks.

After a 80 day wait and with no signs of a clear delivery date, I called Hyundai Customer Care and logged a complaint. The following day, I got a call from another salesman and he promised to deliver the car in 10-15 days. While booking the car, I insisted that I would visit their stockyard and PDI my car before they allocated it to me. On 15th Dec, I was asked to visit the stockyard and check my car. Upon reaching the yard, I found that the car allocated to me had seat covers on and workers there were taking them off. I never asked for seat covers, so I rejected the car and asked them to order another one and get it ASAP. Again, I sensed a problem, and this time, I called (and emailed) the Hyundai regional office in Hyderabad and asked them to take over the case. This is when I was really treated like a "customer". Things moved fast, the sales team sent me screen captures from their dealer management system. I got to know my order number, order date, and know what - the dealer's price and even the VIN of the vehicle that was going to be mine.

On 28th Dec, I visited the stockyard and saw my greyhound standing there. The car was built on 22nd Dec, that's 6 days back! Straight outta the oven! I approved the car and drove it some 36 kms from the yard to the dealer. I spent some 3 hours at the dealer to finish delivery formalities and took the car home. I must thank the sales manager for acting on the complaint and setting things right at least during delivery. I really appreciate it.

Odo during PDI: 9 kms
Tires: Kumho Solus (I would have preferred a Bridgestone or Michelin or Goodyear, but there was just one Stardust SX car in the yard)
Battery: Exide
Accessories purchased from the dealer: Hyundai GA floor mats (fabric) and mud flaps - INR 2500. I refused the "Teflon" and the "Perfume" and other things they had in what they call "Packages".
Accessories purchased outside: An Amkette Rapid Car Charger - INR 450 and a Keyzone silicon cover for the remote key fob - INR 460
Accessories I will consider later: Seat Covers and Steering Cover (Hyundai GA). I didn't have the time to get them fitted during delivery. I didn't want to hurry up and pick something in haste.

Here are two pictures of the greyhound, outside my office campus.

I've been driving the car for 3 days now and I must tell you that it is the smoothest diesel I have driven thus far. What a pleasure. Grey is my favourite colour (some may find it boring, but I think its a great colour for a car).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-stockyard-1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-stockyard-2.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-car1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-car2.jpg  

rsuresh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:51   #693
BHPian

Congrats Suresh!! If I'm not wrong you came to Kushaiguda for the PDI? For all KUN dealers there is one stock yard which is in Kushaiguda.
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:39   #694
BHPian

Congratulations on the car!

Replace the Kumhos at the earliest and you will observe a very desirable change in handling and drive.

My friend replaced his Kumhos with Michelins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
Fellow BHPians,

More than 100 days after I booked a Creta, I finally brought home my Creta 1.6 SX CRDi on 28th Dec. Here is my report -

============

I've been driving the car for 3 days now and I must tell you that it is the smoothest diesel I have driven thus far. What a pleasure. Grey is my favourite colour (some may find it boring, but I think its a great colour for a car).

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd January 2016 at 18:13. Reason: Please do not quote complete posts in your reply. It causes inconvenience and reduces readability. Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:33   #695
BHPian

I have completed my first long drive from Chennai to Pondicherry and back. It took the highway with aplomb and for one particular short distance, we drove the vehicle at an unprintable speed which was dismissed nonchalantly by the Creta. The tacho at that stage stood at around 3.5k rpm and the steering wheel really tightened up.

There was however one major foul-up by Hyundai. Lack of backlighting for the side mirror switches and mirror folding switches was really felt during the evening drives and all the actions had to done like by a blind person. Come on Hyundai. Definitely not expected in a car of this range. A big thumbs down. This and the lack of real time fuel efficiency and distance to empty are really the only negatives. The rest of the package is pretty good.

Just one question to those knowledgeable about automatics. When the car is parked in "P", is it necessary to use the hand brake or can it be parked without using the handbrake in a fairly level surface.
thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 13:10   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Just one question to those knowledgeable about automatics. When the car is parked in "P", is it necessary to use the hand brake or can it be parked without using the handbrake in a fairly level surface.
It is advisable to engage hand brake with both, P and N. For more technical details you may refer to this page (and the whole thread, if you so desire).
sohu9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 13:50   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
I have completed my first long drive from Chennai to Pondicherry and back. It took the highway with aplomb and for one particular short distance, we drove the vehicle at an unprintable speed which was dismissed nonchalantly by the Creta. The tacho at that stage stood at around 3.5k rpm and the steering wheel really tightened up.

Seems like you have had a great time in your Creta Automatic in a damn good road buddy. Guess you took the ECR route right. Even I am eyeing at the Creta Automatic buddy but couldn't find a dealer with an Automatic vehicle. Did you take any test drive for your Creta Automatic. May I know which dealer you took the test drive and you purchased from? And can I have a small write up of the Automatic experience in your Creta from your side .

Regards,
Aniruthan.
Old 4th January 2016, 16:45   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Seems like you have had a great time in your Creta Automatic in a damn good road buddy. Guess you took the ECR route right. Even I am eyeing at the Creta Automatic buddy but couldn't find a dealer with an Automatic vehicle. Did you take any test drive for your Creta Automatic. May I know which dealer you took the test drive and you purchased from? And can I have a small write up of the Automatic experience in your Creta from your side .

Regards,
Aniruthan.
ECR Road is not a road meant for fast driving. It is pretty dangerous. The Dindivanam to Pondy road is simply awesome though you have to be a little careful of stray two wheelers darting across the road at village entry points. Some of the straight stretches are really inviting.

I had taken the test drive and delivery at Kun Hyundai, Anna Nagar but I am not sure if it was a test drive vehicle. I only drove for a short distance just to have a feel of the vehicle since I had almost decided that the Creta automatic was the one I was going to go in for.

The automatic is pretty comfortable to drive and since it is the only automatic that I have driven, I cannot compare it with any other one. Absolutely no regrets except for the minor feature exclusions that I had mentioned about.
thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 13:57   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Congrats Suresh!! If I'm not wrong you came to Kushaiguda for the PDI? For all KUN dealers there is one stock yard which is in Kushaiguda.
Thank you Yes, it was the yard at Kushaiguda.
Old 5th January 2016, 14:05   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Congratulations on the car!

Replace the Kumhos at the earliest and you will observe a very desirable change in handling and drive.

My friend replaced his Kumhos with Michelins.
Thank you Siva.

Several parts of my city have roads that have been recently re-topped. So, I find the Kumhos to be okay. Besides, I do not like to tinker with a new set of tyres. I'll move to Michelins when the Kumhos wear out.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 16:04   #701
RSR
Senior - BHPian

With both, the i20 (Elite & Active) and Verna now getting equipped with dual airbags even on their base variants, I hope Hyundai offer 2 airbags on the Base & S variants of the Creta for 2016. They do get ABS, and 2 airbags will make the lower two variants very good value-for-money. This would also justify the price hike for the new year.

The Creta is positioned above the i20 & Verna and there is no reason why Hyundai's latest product shouldn't get what its less expensive siblings now have as standard.

I'd also like to see more variants added to the Creta's existing range for 2016. The 1.6 Gamma 6MT and 1.6 CRDi 6AT desperately need the top SX(O) trim level soon, and this can also be offered with the 1.4 CRDi 6MT. Additionally, the 1.6 CRDi 6AT can be offered in a lower trim level such as S+ (or even S, if this variant were to get 2 airbags).

Don't disappoint us on this, Hyundai!
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 12:14   #702
BHPian

Black spots in my Creta
There are some black spots on the door (just above the plastic cladding) which is not going away with shampoo wash.
Did a 3M wash + wax but that did not help. 3M claims that it is tarmac and cannot be removed easily. They have a detailing process of 5 to 6 steps which I believe is not worth to spending.

But I can rub it off with hands or using microfiber cloth during wash. Any of you facing such issue in your car?

Any suggestion for removers or car shampoo please?
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 13:55   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Black spots in my Creta
Post pics. Sounds like tarmac. Soak a microfibre cloth in kerosine and rub it gently. Before doing this, you may want to apply a thin layer of kerosine over the surface, leaving it for 15 minutes and then do the rubbing.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 16:50   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Black spots in my Creta
Any suggestion for removers or car shampoo please?
You get Tar and Bug remover products in the market. Wash the car with shampoo, dry it and use any tar remover product. After application, wash the car properly so that all residues are removed. More details with pictures here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3663370
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 18:36   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Post pics. Sounds like tarmac. Soak a microfibre cloth in kerosine and rub it gently. Before doing this, you may want to apply a thin layer of kerosine over the surface, leaving it for 15 minutes and then do the rubbing.
Here is the pics:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160109_111552.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160109_111556.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160109_111615.jpg

Most Viewed