Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 12:56   #946

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

On a happier note, went around Lodhi for a drive, and had to stop at Meherchand Market to take a couple of photos with the stunning street art that's there.

(Mods: Apologies, I'm still a noob here - wasn't sure if I should merge my earlier post with this or not - please feel free to do it. Thanks)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1492.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1519.jpg  

Now9084 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 20:37   #947
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
On a happier note, went around Lodhi for a drive, and had to stop at Meherchand Market to take a couple of photos with the stunning street art that's there.
(Mods: Apologies, I'm still a noob here - wasn't sure if I should merge my earlier post with this or not - please feel free to do it. Thanks)
Great captures mate! The street art is truly dominating - & its to the Creta's credit that its still holding its own in such august company!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 06:41   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Congrats you've got a good car in a lovely color. Im also evaluating between Creta & Crysta currently, lets see..
Thanks many. Crysta - rather owning a Toyota is still my dream. Wishing you good luck. Both are fantastic cars so just go with your heart
Old 16th May 2016, 09:34   #949
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
This review has been jointly compiled with GTO. Thanks to him for the expert observations & photography!

Hi there. I was wondering if this review is going to be updated with a review of the petrol AT as well?

Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 16th May 2016 at 09:43. Reason: Removed picture from quoted post
Old 16th May 2016, 11:00   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Great captures mate! The street art is truly dominating - & its to the Creta's credit that its still holding its own in such august company!
Many thanks Shashanka . The Creta does hold its own and adds a nice dimension to the art IMHO
Old 17th May 2016, 16:05   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
You have booked the 1.4base creta without test driving it? I feel there is quite a bit of difference between the 1.4 and the 1.6 that you tested. You should try and take a test drive of the 1.4 before plonking your hard earned money.

Regards
Hi rambo1o1 - that's quite a useful suggestion. Actually we were thinking in the same lines which you posted. My wife and I ended up fighting on this and came to this conclusion. We need a car as of now and decided on Creta - we need to hold this car for long time. I have driven i20 to get the feel of this engine as the test drive vehicles of 1.4 are not available. (though there is a huge weight gap between i20 and Creta, I still believe the one in Creta 1.4 will be equally refined). I almost decided on Ecosport before April, but the Creta base model with Airbags was the deal breaker.

Hope everything goes well with my first car.
Getting the next version did not add the features I wanted, like alloy wheels, reverse camera and the OTR price difference between base1.4 and 1.4s is 1.4 lakh here in Hyderabad, hence chosen base model with the modifications mentioned earlier.
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 17:51   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hi rambo1o1 - that's quite a useful suggestion. Actually we were thinking in the same lines which you posted.
==========
Getting the next version did not add the features I wanted, like alloy wheels, reverse camera and the OTR price difference between base1.4 and 1.4s is 1.4 lakh here in Hyderabad, hence chosen base model with the modifications mentioned earlier.
Yup, you are quite right. Most of the showrooms have 1.6 CRDI SXO as the designated TD vehicle. I've had to take TD on the same.
Old 17th May 2016, 23:21   #953
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post

Good pictures.

Incidentally, the first picture comes in the Honda BR-V ad

In the meanwhile, after a lot of deliberation, I have decided to book the Creta SX (O) Diesel to replace my brilliant Ford Fiesta.
MAS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 08:44   #954
BHPian

There's something which I noticed with the attitude about the extended warranty, they do not even offer this option on the Creta AT, you just get the 3 year warranty and can't extend it like in manual versions.

Does Hyundai not believe in its torque converter? Does that mean a big service bill is likely to be due on that gearbox in the whereabouts of 4-5 years?
Old 18th May 2016, 08:50   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post

On Tuesday 3rd May, there I go with my family, quite excited at taking delivery of my first automatic car. The welcome at the dealership was nothing. We were met with cold faces with artificial smiles. After waiting for about 15 minutes, the car was slowly driven in to the delivery area. The SA explained to me the basic features of the car and after a small Pooja, I sat inside.
I was given the same treatment ironically at a Hyundai dealership in Mumbai, when I went to take the delivery of Grand i10 Asta (O) AT, on 30th April 2016. I thought I got this treatment, as I was not buying a "Premium Car" (probably according to them, premiumness starts with Verna). But then listening your part of the story, this looks like a SOP with all Hyundai Dealers...
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 10:45   #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Good pictures.

Incidentally, the first picture comes in the Honda BR-V ad

In the meanwhile, after a lot of deliberation, I have decided to book the Creta SX (O) Diesel to replace my brilliant Ford Fiesta.
Good observation . Yeah - I just noticed that the first one comes in the BRV ad after I'd posted the photo. Creta looks better with the background IMHO
Now9084 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 12:15   #957

Water leak under Creta

Does anybody know what this pipe is, placed underside Creta? Its near the front tires. There is a steady trickle of water from it when the engine is running. Does it have something to do with AC?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-water-leak.jpg  

Old 18th May 2016, 12:32   #958
Senior - BHPian

Re: Water leak under Creta

Its just the AC condenser. Nothing to worry about. And as long as its just water you dont have to worry about anything in any cars

The moment you see funny fluids flowing out of the car, is when you need to really worry about.
VW2010 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 12:54   #959
Team-BHP Support

Re: Water leak under Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipalc View Post
Does anybody know what this pipe is, placed underside Creta? Its near the front tires. There is a steady trickle of water from it when the engine is running. Does it have something to do with AC?
This is the AC water outlet pipe, so nothing to worry about. In fact you should keep a look out for the puddle of water because if it is not there it might mean that the pipe has got choked. In that case the water would be getting accumulated somewhere inside the vehicle (happened in my Bolero once). There is a thread on this issue on a Duster as well -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ow-solved.html

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th May 2016 at 12:56.
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 14:55   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
I have driven about 1100 kms till now. Smooth is the word. In the diesel, you get a pushback if you put your foot down on the accelerator pedal. Over here, its not instantaneous. Instead its a smooth and gradual increase in acceleration. In the city there's enough grunt to keep up with traffic. However yet to master the AT so as to make precisely timed overtaking maneuvers. In the highways, 100kms comes at 2250 RPM and at 3000 RPM, the engine does between 120-130. I prefer to stick to 100-110 as my cruising speed. Rarely exceed 130kmph. At 100-110 engine is super smooth at these speeds with zero cabin noise or vibrations. Allows one to have a nice conversation or listen to pleasing music. All of us loved the long ride precisely for this. Ride quality, especially after driving the Scorpio for 6 years, is really awesome. Overall all of us in my family are very happy at the choice. If you want a really spacious 4 seater, with an occasional 5th rider, look no further. This car is a one size fit for the City, highways and no so good roads. Choose the petrol or diesel depending on your run.
Congrats on your Creta! What's the average fuel economy you noticed in city, city/highway and highway?
I've read some mixed reviews on petrol Automatic when compared to Honda CVT in city driving. Whats your opinion on that? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
There's something which I noticed with the attitude about the extended warranty, they do not even offer this option on the Creta AT, you just get the 3 year warranty and can't extend it like in manual versions.

Does Hyundai not believe in its torque converter? Does that mean a big service bill is likely to be due on that gearbox in the whereabouts of 4-5 years?
Good Point! Bit of a concern when Hyundai specifically doesn't extend warranty on Automatic variants

Last edited by VIPER_SRT : 18th May 2016 at 15:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks