Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 12:19   #976
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Back from another 1200 km vacation trip. Mileage was between 10-12kmpl. This time, we were 5 people in the car with the boot loaded fully with luggage (two large suit cases and a couple of sundry bads). Overall quite happy with the performance of the car. It has so far met or exceeded my expectations.

Btw, the SA from trident called up to say that extended warranty for Petrol AT is available now. Now that I am back in town, need to reach out to him to find out the details.
chandras1 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 09:30   #977

Hyundai Creta 1.6 VTVT SX Plus(MT) Mileage update.

Tank Full : 45 l, Auto cut (Cold to 6 km to petrol pump). Trip meter set to 0.
Next Tank Full : 49l, Auto cut (Cold to 6 km to same petrol pump)

Trip meter read : 468km
Mileage : 468/49 = 9.5 km/l

Condition : B-to-B traffic of Noida in peak hour. Given elevated road and metro work ongoing, speed seldom go beyond 40km. Daily commute of 15km. Mostly single occupancy or max 2. Always AC automatic climate control ON.
jaglanR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:18   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this SMS today. I might check it next weekend as I need to change the wipers.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20160601190549_com.android.mms.png
Old 2nd June 2016, 05:50   #979
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I contacted ASW Impex (Bangalore) for Creta Alloy wheels and found some good options for 17 and 16 inch wheels. Please find the images below

The 17 inch GTR and Stance wheels looks awesome. (GTR - 37000 for set of 4 from ASW, STANCE - 39000 for set of 4)
(Stance wheels model - picked from AUTOMOTIVE INDIA website)
The 16 inch models are also good.

I visited Asoka wheels in Banjara hills, Hyderabad last week, they had only Plati alloys on display for Creta and one Lenso model, Plati 17 inch they are quoting 41000 for set of 4 and 16 inch they are quoting 28000 for set of 4, are these acceptable prices for Plati ? I thought they are little expensive. They also had stock 17 inch alloys of Creta , which they are quoting 44000 for set of 4 , and stock 16 inch 18000 for set of 4.
Bridgestone tyres 9500 each - Stock profile.

I am yet to decide whether to go for 17 inch tyres (215-60-17) or stick to 16 inch stock tyres - Can any one please advice , I have booked Base model of Creta and expect delivery this month.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-17-inch-4.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-17-inch-5.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-17-inch-stance-wheels.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-16-inch-alloys.jpg  

Last edited by Veels n Rhodes : 2nd June 2016 at 05:53. Reason: additional Info and prices.
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 07:27   #980
BHPian

https://www.nengun.com/rays/gram-lig...et-of-4-507866

check these wheels out I think I saw them on sale in Hyderabad.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:04   #981
BHPian

What is the waiting period for the Creta Petrol Base and S Petrol nowadays.

The price diff between the Base and S Petrol is around 1.75 lakhs. The main difference is the audio system which i guess can be got for much cheaper

Any owners of the base version here? Does the Base version have the hooks to which the luggage net can be fixed.

What about the sunglass holder? can it be fitted onto the base version later.
Old 2nd June 2016, 22:57   #982
BHPian

Creta has been launched in Russia with optional 4wd and 2 lt petrol engine in addition to 1.6 petrol. They don't get the superb 1.6 diesel though. Additionally it gets ASC with heated front windscreen with heated front seats.
Old 2nd June 2016, 23:54   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
What is the waiting period for the Creta Petrol Base and S Petrol nowadays.

The price diff between the Base and S Petrol is around 1.75 lakhs. The main difference is the audio system which i guess can be got for much cheaper

Any owners of the base version here? Does the Base version have the hooks to which the luggage net can be fixed.

What about the sunglass holder? can it be fitted onto the base version later.

I recently purchased a Creta base petrol and got it without any waiting (delivery taken the next day of booking). Must admit that I had to check with 5+ dealers and got lucky with one. No discounts offered as expected.

You are right and I had the same thought while opting for the base variant. Have currently installed a single DIN audio unit with stock speakers as Hyundai has not provided a fascia which supports double DIN unit. I might opt for the Hyundai Genuine 5" (INR 20k) which comes in S or 7" (INR 45k) which comes in SX+ touch screen unit later.

Also safety features - dual airbags and ABS is now standard on the Creta. I
must say that the base variant is reasonably equipped with essential features such as all 4 power windows, rear AC vents and tachometer. The base variant at 9.15L Ex Showroom Delhi hence does look to be 'paisa vasool'.

I don't think it's possible to install the sunglass holder.
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 01:23   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
I recently purchased a Creta base petrol and got it without any waiting (delivery taken the next day of booking). Must admit that I had to check with 5+ dealers and got lucky with one. No discounts offered as expected.
Hi Sid,

Which dealership did you deal with? My parents are looking at getting a VTVT SX+, but I have no idea which dealers are good around Delhi. Please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 3rd June 2016, 08:29   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Hi Sid,

Which dealership did you deal with? My parents are looking at getting a VTVT SX+, but I have no idea which dealers are good around Delhi. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hey Asivan,
Have send you a personal message with the details.
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:40   #986
BHPian

Quote:

must say that the base variant is reasonably equipped with essential features such as all 4 power windows, rear AC vents and tachometer. The base variant at 9.15L Ex Showroom Delhi hence does look to be 'paisa vasool'.

I don't think it's possible to install the sunglass holder.

Yes they added the airbags and removed the music system from the original base petrol version

What about these hooks in the boot? Does the base version have them?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6973.jpg

Guess you got lucky with the car. The 2 dealers here are quoting 3 month waiting for the base petrol, perhaps they dont want people buying that and are pushing for a higher version saying they can deliver that within a month. One dealer even asked me if i would be buying insurance from them, and if so i can get a car within 10 days in the 'Insurance Quota'

Guess an email to Hyundai / Ombudsman is needed to set these guys right

Old 3rd June 2016, 13:47   #987
BHPian

Guys, need some advice here.

Just spoke to Koncept Hyundai, New delhi and recieved their price list for the creta. We are looking at getting the 1.6 VTVT SX+ model. Some of the charges on this list seem really inflated to me.

First the insurance with zero dep comes to Rs. 51,055, whereas online quotes for the same range around 35k. Next, the teflon and anti-rust coating charges are mentioned as Rs. 10,500!! I feel it would be better to get this done outside at 3M at a cheaper price.

Upon speaking to the SA, they're willing to deliver the car within 2 weeks if we take insurance from them. But i'm in no hurry and do not want to overpay for these items and don't mind the extra waiting period. Can anyone guide me as to what else I can negotiate on?

Thanks!

Arvind
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_20160603_0003.pdf (1.04 MB, 813 views)
Old 3rd June 2016, 15:49   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Guys, need some advice here.

Just spoke to Koncept Hyundai, New delhi and recieved their price list for the creta. We are looking at getting the 1.6 VTVT SX+ model. Some of the charges on this list seem really inflated to me.

Thanks!

Arvind
Stay as far away from these folks as you can

I have had two experiences with both their showrooms, one being of a booking and cancellation (owing to their greed) and the other while purchasing a car cover (which also I eventually bought from elsewhere, again owing to their greed i.e. charging more than the MRP because it was supposedly the last piece)

Also, keep the following in mind:

- Negotiate hard on Insurance, if the dealer doesn't come down at least by 8-10k for the Creta then purchase insurance from outside

- Do NOT take Teflon and Anti Rust coating. 3M Kailash colony confirmed that Creta does not need Anti Rust coating and the New Car Essential Treatment at 3M will cost you around 5.5k

- Check on what all they are offering you in the "Essential Kit" for Rs. 3500. I was being offered Foot Mats & Mud Flaps, which when bought separately cost Rs. 1650 and 490 respectively. This is just another way of fleecing customers who don't bother to check prices separately
amit_2025 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:43   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Yes they added the airbags and removed the music system from the original base petrol version

What about these hooks in the boot? Does the base version have them?

Attachment 1513634

The Base version does not have them as per the Hyundai Website
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-picture1.png  

amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 07:55   #990
BHPian

Quote:
I recently purchased a Creta base petrol and got it

Hi sid_deb, I also booked the base variant, and now waiting for 2 weeks already though was promised in one week. Not sure how many weeks more
Also, regarding the Driver's seat height, the SA promised me that its positioned exactly in between. i.e the adjustable seat has 20 strokes between max and min positions, the SA told that the Base version which does not have seat adjustment will be exactly at position 10. I asked him for a customer vehicle to check, but he is not able to get me one. Being 6ft, I am a bit worried about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks