Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2016, 11:57   #991
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Guys,

I will be booking a Creta SX(O) CRDI this evening at Hyundai Motor Plaza. Colour - Sleek Silver.

My SA has said that he will try and deliver the car in 3 weeks time. I have informed the SA that i will get the insurance from outside for which he did not show much resistance.

The wait begins....
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 03:50   #992
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Cross Posting from my Fiesta Thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...pleted-15.html

Replacing my Fiesta was a very difficult decision!!! I have never been so confused in my life and that too on deciding which car to buy. Ford Fiesta's excellent quality, driving dynamics and car control; made it impossible for me to find a suitable replacement in the current market.

The following is purely based on my observations and are intended not to hurt any one's feelings...

After a number of sleepless nights, visits to showrooms and spending hours in this forum, I short-listed the following three cars and did multiple test drives,
a. S-Cross 1.6 Alpha
b. Creta SX(O) CRDi Manual
c. Creta SX CRDi Auto.

Loved the 1.6 S-Cross for its driving dynamics and made me feel at home after driving the Fiesta.

I was pleasantly surprised with the road manners of Creta and loved the power delivery. I could zip through traffic with ease and did not have the rocking feeling present in the Verna.

Creta AT - immediately ruled it out as the sluggish gear box literally killed the engine's performance. The gear box was apt for slow driving, but when quick progress was demanded, the car responded very unpredictably. As i own a 3.0 L Endeavour 4x4 Auto, equipped with the old generation torque converter, i could not help but compare the two. Endeavour is extremely comfortable when quick progress is demanded. Creta AT on the other hand created a big ruckus and the engine revved many times all the way to 4500 rpm.

Advantages of S-Cross over the Creta
- Sweet Handling (Better than Creta, but not as good as Fiesta)
- Better driving dynamics (ditto)
- 1.6 L engine is a torque monster (Creta's engine was good, but the Fiat's heart did manage to impress. Both were better than the 1.5 TDCi of Fiesta)
- Disc Brakes in all four (Creta has Disc/Drum arrangement)
- HID Lights (Halogens on Creta)
- Cruise Control (Absent in Creta. Used this a lot on the Fiesta)
- Better MID (Similar to Fiesta and i use the DTE a lot)
- Better Air-conditioning (Creta was noisy and took a longer time to cool the cabin)
- Better Music Quality (Creta is mediocre, but Fiesta was much better)
- Automatic Wipers and Headlamps (Could do without it)

Advantages of Creta over S-Cross
- 6 air bags (S-Cross has only two)
- ESP, VSM and Traction control (VSM and TC not availble in S-Cross)
- Smart Looks (Much much better than the S-Cross)
- 17 Inch Diamond Cut Alloys (Looks Sweet!!!)
- Taller car
- Very Light Clutch (Almost felt like petrol. Clutch in the S-Cross 1.6 is super hard in comparison. Fiesta's light clutch felt hard after driving the Creta)
- Very minor Turbo Lag (S-Cross moves well, but will be a struggle on inclines)
- Linear Power Delivery (No push back on higher rpms makes driving predictable, but much better than the Fiesta)
- The sitting position is upright and ingress/egress is very good (S-Cross was a bit lower)
- Better Thigh support
- Cornering Lights (Absent in S-Cross)
- Better laid out interiors (Like the S-Cross, but Creta was better)
- Consistent quality (Much better put together)
- Better boot space (400 Litres vs 350 Litres)

Looks and safety are very important for me. I love my drive to look smart and i feel good about it. At the same time, as most of my trips are solo and at odd hours of the night, i wanted a very safe car.

The understated looks of the S-Cross was a big turn-off for me. I tried my best to convince myself looking at the advantages of the 1.6 L engine; the comfort of Cruise Control on highways; the better brakes; but Thread on S-Cross on Team-Bhp gave a lot of insights into the quality of S-Cross.

Members/Owners of S-Cross reporting poor quality HID lights, Vibrating Projectors, Aircon losing its cooling power, reduction in mileage, problems with smoke and MSIL's inability to solve the case yet, rattling of windows, exposed Fuel Lines and finally the recall for faulty brake parts; made the scale tip towards the Creta.

In my opinion, Creta has better looks; has more safety equipment and has overall better quality. Also, as i have a self-imposed speed limit of 120 kmph, i was comfortable driving the Creta at such speeds. I love driving to the hills and the turbo lag in the S-Cross 1.6L will make hill climbing challenging.

Booking of Creta
Variant - CRDi SX(O)
Colour - Sleek Silver
Dealer - Hyundai Motor Plaza
Date - Last evening (4th June 2016).
Booking Amount - Rs. 25,000
Insurance - Will be bought from outside
Date of Delivery - Hopefully in June

The wait begins...
But, the pain of selling my Fiesta that has served me so well is

Last edited by MAS : 5th June 2016 at 03:53.
MAS is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 11:55   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Creta AT - immediately ruled it out as the sluggish gear box literally killed the engine's performance. The gear box was apt for slow driving, but when quick progress was demanded, the car responded very unpredictably. As i own a 3.0 L Endeavour 4x4 Auto, equipped with the old generation torque converter, i could not help but compare the two. Endeavour is extremely comfortable when quick progress is demanded. Creta AT on the other hand created a big ruckus and the engine revved many times all the way to 4500 rpm.
I agree. I test drove Creta AT and Duster AMT and found Duster AMT to be better. Duster AMT had none of those revs-rising before speedo rises thing that Creta AT had. And that famed all-absorbing ride of Duster. Wonder why auto journalists rave about Creta AT. Speaking of which I find automotive media excessively "friendly" to Hyundai in India. Wonder why.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 12:27   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cross Posting from my Fiesta Thread [url]Booking of Creta
Variant - CRDi SX(O)
Colour - Sleek Silver
Dealer - Hyundai Motor Plaza
Date - Last evening (4th June 2016).
Booking Amount - Rs. 25,000
Insurance - Will be bought from outside
Date of Delivery - Hopefully in June

The wait begins...
But, the pain of selling my Fiesta that has served me so well is
Congrats for booking Creta.
What is the on road price and got any offer and when is the delivery?
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 13:40   #995
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats for booking Creta.
What is the on road price and got any offer and when is the delivery?
Thank you Karthik.

The OTR is still not finalized as i have to
- get the insurance from outside
- factor in the e NCB from the Fiesta's insurance
- add the 1% TCS imposed from 1st June.

I will keep this thread posted once i have more information.
Old 7th June 2016, 10:56   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

For the month of May 2016, Hyundai India has dispatched 7,057 units of the Hyundai Creta to dealers nationwide.

It is placed 11th in the Top 25 monthly sales' bestseller list.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-top20.jpg

Auto Punditz
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 05:10   #997
MAS
Senior - BHPian

It is nice to see Creta doing so well in sluggish market conditions, but May has been their lowest sales in past 4 months.

Creta clocked the following sales in 2016.
Jan 2016 - 6589
Feb 2016 - 8196
Mar 2016 - 8163
Apr 2016 - 7900
May 2016 - 7057

The sales are continuously falling since its peak in Feb 2016. The waiting period has come down from 3-4 months to a couple of weeks (that too depending on the colour and variant). In 3-4 month's time i would not be surprised to see discounts on Creta and may be an Anniversary Edition Creta from Hyundai.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 08:50   #998
BHPian

Quote:
It is nice to see Creta doing so well in sluggish market conditions, but May has been their lowest sales in past 4 months.
Booked a Creta petrol on saturday, standard waiting time of 14 weeks quoted. But the showroom manager was confident that i would get it in 4 weeks

Does anyone have the accessory price list for the Creta. The one here is pretty old.
Old 8th June 2016, 10:08   #999
BANNED

Quote:
Creta clocked the following sales in 2016.
Jan 2016 - 6589
Feb 2016 - 8196
Mar 2016 - 8163
Apr 2016 - 7900
May 2016 - 7057

The sales are continuously falling since its peak in Feb 2016. The waiting period has come down from 3-4 months to a couple of weeks (that too depending on the colour and variant). In 3-4 month's time i would not be surprised to see discounts on Creta and may be an Anniversary Edition Creta from Hyundai.
The news about "couple of weeks' waiting for Creta" could not be true, as Creta had 1L bookings and it is not yet the time to clear all those back logs. Or, is Brezza hitting Creta hard, and is taking away its customers?

The irony is that Maruti is thinking Creta should be countered, and is developing a bigger SUV, while Hyundai is thinking that Brezza is to be countered, and is developing a sub-4m SUV!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th June 2016 at 10:34.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 11:18   #1000
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The news about "couple of weeks' waiting for Creta" could not be true, as Creta had 1L bookings and it is not yet the time to clear all those back logs. Or, is Brezza hitting Creta hard, and is taking away its customers?
Hyundai has sold close to 80K Creta till last month

Jun-15 -1641
Jul-15 -6783
Aug-15 -7437
Sep-15 -7320
Oct-15 -7225
Nov-15 -5837
Dec-15 -4709
Jan-16 -6589
Feb-16 -8196
Mar-16 -8163
Apr-16 -7900
May-16 -7057
Total -78857

The fact that Hyundai has increased the cancellation fee of Rs. 3000 from May 2016 instead of Rs. 350 earlier also indicates that they had a number of cancellations.

The cancellations should have been due to the new launches; MSIL Vitara Brezza, Honda BRV and Mahindra XUV W6 Auto.

Quote:
The irony is that Maruti is thinking Creta should be countered, and is developing a bigger SUV, while Hyundai is thinking that Brezza is to be countered, and is developing a sub-4m SUV!
Grass is always greener on the other side!!! It is amazing to see sub-segments develop within a segment. God bless competition.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 11:48   #1001
BANNED

Quote:
Hyundai has sold close to 80K Creta till last month
Thanks for the finding.

Hyundai received 1L bookings for Creta in 8 months of time (at an average of 12.5K per month) by March 15 itself (source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-cr...months-1287340).

Going by that, the bookings should reach 1.3L units by now - resulting in 50K undelivered bookings. In this case, the waiting period should be 6 months, considering 8K deliveries per month. If the waiting period is just 2 weeks now, they will be sitting on a booking of just around 8-12K numbers now, which means a cancellation / loss of business of around 40K units!

Other than Brezza, BR-V and Innova Crysta are also taking away the Creta pie, I guess.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th June 2016 at 12:06.
Old 8th June 2016, 12:04   #1002
BHPian

I am also noticing a resumption of TV commercials for Creta, which had been absent for a long time after Creta saw the stupendous response in the initial few months.
Probably an indicator that the pace of new bookings is slowing down.
Old 8th June 2016, 14:40   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In all probability it is true. My cousin booked the Creta Diesel Top End AT in Mumbai and got the delivery last Thursday, which was 3 weeks and couple of days from the booking date.
At the time of booking, he was told the same thing "Not sure of delivery date Sir, you pay the booking amount, we will see"
vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 14:49   #1004
BHPian

A relative is waiting from the last 2 months in Jalgaon, Maharashtra for his Creta 1.6 CRDi SX delivery. The dealer says the car has been dispatched and is on it's way now. It highly depends on the color and location too.
Old 8th June 2016, 18:34   #1005
MAS
Senior - BHPian

7 Creta Stolen from Showroom in Chennai

This is really a shocking news for all car showroom owners. Hyundai's luxury cars Creta were stolen from the parking lot of a Hyundai showroom at Manapakkam.

According to the reports, seven-member gang that came in two autorickshaws attacked a 50-year-old security guard, Manoharan, who was on duty and drove away with seven Creta cars. We also came to know that they abandoned five cars near Royala Nagar and police started their's investigation.

The showroom is Hyundai Motor Plaza. Just spoke to the exchange guys at Hyundai and they were shocked by the incident.

Source: http://www.chennaionline.com/article...tolen-showroom
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks