Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 01:31   #1036
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
In general it's better to stick to what the manufacturer (not the dealer) says. As per owners manual no oil change is required for the 1st service.
Both the manufacturer and dealer say it is not required but our team bhp running in guidelines say it is recommended, thus the confusion
Old 22nd June 2016, 06:17   #1037
BHPian

I meant to suggest that you stick to manufacturer guidelines The manual does talk about car driven in extreme conditions and says change the oil and filter every 5000 kms when driven at such conditions. Check if thats applicable to you.

Btw, mileage in City hovers between 7 - 7.5 kmpl for the petrol AT. One hour ride each way for about 13 kms with 80+% of that in bumper to bumper traffic. This is with ACC set to 23 degrees and switched on all the time.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:38   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Something strange happened last night. The AVN unit froze yesterday while the Navigation was on and I was trying to stream some music from my phone through the Bluetooth connection. Buttons won't work and I couldn't switch off the unit while the car was in motion - I was under the assumption that on switching off the car, the AVN would switch off on its own and correct itself when I restart the engine next morning.

However, the screen did not switch off, even when I had shut down the engine. Tried every button on the unit, long press and otherwise, but it didn't work. I had read somewhere to flip the Fuse switch to OFF - tried that and the unit's display still did not turn off!

It was 10 in then night and I decided to just leave it be until I take it to the service centre the next morning - always had the fear of the battery running out of juice. Next morning after I woke up I checked the display had turned off on its own. Flipped the Fuse switch back to ON and everything was finally back to normal.

Had to readjust the clock and trip meter was automatically set to zero, but a solution to this problem had finally be found.

Solution to AVN freezing:

1. Flip the fuse switch to the OFF position,
2. Ignore if the screen won't switch off,
3. Let it cool down (leave it be) for some time, probably overnight (if required)
4. Unlock the car with the key
5. Flip the fuse switch back to ON
6. System should be back to normal now.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:10   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
While I am yet to check the manual, but most manuals only mention a general inspection in the first service
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
In general it's better to stick to what the manufacturer (not the dealer) says. As per owners manual no oil change is required for the 1st service.
The manufacturer knows their product best. I make it a point to read user manual of any product I buy. It has helped me make optimum utilisation of that product.

There are two kinds of people: those who read manuals and those that don't!
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:10   #1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Something strange happened last night. The AVN unit froze yesterday while the Navigation was on and I was trying to stream some music from my phone through the Bluetooth connection. Buttons won't work and I couldn't switch off the unit while the car was in motion - I was under the assumption that on switching off the car, the AVN would switch off on its own and correct itself when I restart the engine next morning.
I faced the similar problem 3 days back in my month Old Creta CRDI Automatic. Just pressed the reset button on the front of the unit, the system switched off on its own and when restart through the power button everything was back to normal. So no need of switching of the fuse unit and resetting back the ODI. The reset button on the from of the unit will do the job.

Last edited by ampere : 26th June 2016 at 11:41. Reason: Reduced quoted post
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:43   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Something strange happened last night. The AVN unit froze yesterday while the Navigation was on and I was trying to stream some music from my phone through the Bluetooth connection.

I have also faced the same issue recently, but a quicker fix would be to just press and hold the reset button on the HU. I am just waiting to take to service center to upgrade the software when i have some free time.

Last edited by ampere : 26th June 2016 at 11:41. Reason: Reduced quoted post
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:44   #1042
BHPian

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160623_131333.jpg

This is how the fascia of the Base version looks like.

I plan to install a 2 DIN receiver.

Any idea where to source a frame with a mount for a 2 DIN receiver?

Last edited by slicvic : 23rd June 2016 at 18:57.
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 20:50   #1043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Attachment 1520755

I presume you should be getting the unit installed from a reputed guy. In such a case, they should stock the frame or should be able to source it for you.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 18:02   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Attachment 1520755

Congrats on your new vehicle.
You could source the double DIN head unit frame with mount for the Creta on ebay or Amazon. Links to purchase the same are attached below.

Amazon India Creta Stereo Frame

Ebay India Creta Stereo Frame

Please make sure that you get the job done at the dealer itself or a known reputed car audio shop in order to avoid causing damage to the dash board by using wrong tools.

This is how the double DIN stereo frame with built in mounts for the Creta looks like:

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-41sttwvnz1l._sl1500_.jpg
thrust is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 18:29   #1045
BHPian

Clutch Failure in 14000kms

My Creta 1.6 SX Diesel that has run 14000 Kms has shuddering issue since last two days when engaging first gear.
Visited Advaith Hyundai, BG Road, Bangalore today and the service engineer Suresh mentioned that it is a failure in clutch system and following to be replaced.
  • Clutch Plate
  • Pressure Plate
  • Release Bearing
  • Master Cylinder
  • Sleeve Cylinder
  • Fly wheel
Master and Sleeve cylinder might not be required based on its damage.

Also he goes ahead and said it is a common issue in verna and if you drive a lot in the city with heavy traffic it is prone to happen often.

I was shocked to hear that the clutch system can fail in just 14K KMs due to soft clutch. Earlier I had Swift petrol and the clutch had no issues up to 80K kilometers.
Contacted Hyundai and they say it is not covered in warranty as it is a wear and tear issue. Had a long argument with them and finally they agreed to raise a complaint 1-523533677. I am not even sure if it is a real complaint number or that customer support guy just gave some number to get rid of the call

I am looking for inputs on fixing this issue and to explore the possibility to get this done through warranty.

The issue is not severe for now. I could notice it clearly when the car is loaded with 2 or more people and more after it heated up.

As per service engineer it would cost upwards of 25 K for the replacement of mentioned parts. That would also mean that I need to spend 25K for approximately every 20K kilometers as I will be driving in same heavy traffic of Bangalore city for my office commutation.

Last edited by kmsithan : 25th June 2016 at 18:58. Reason: Corrected shattering to shuddering
kmsithan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 18:50   #1046
Team-BHP Support

Re: Clutch Failure in 14000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
My Creta 1.6 SX Diesel that has run 14000 Kms has shattering issue since last two days when engaging first gear.
Shattering or Shudder? I hope its not any noise that you are referring to by former.

If shudder, does it happen at all times, when disengaging the clutch? Or only at crawl?
Old 25th June 2016, 19:02   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Shattering or Shudder? I hope its not any noise that you are referring to by former.

If shudder, does it happen at all times, when disengaging the clutch? Or only at crawl?
My bad. It is shuddering issue. It is shuddering when half the way of disengaging the clutch. Always at the crawling speed. It is alright after completely releasing the clutch.
Old 26th June 2016, 05:42   #1048
BHPian

Hi Friends,
Finally got the Creta 1.4 Base CRDI delivered on 24-June-2016 evening.

First day, driving in bumper to bumper traffic of Jubilee hills , I was little nervous . Yet to understand the dynamics and dimensions of the car from the captain seat.

First impressions :
To me, power was adequate for 1.4 Engine
Diesel engine clatter was never felt inside the cabin, it is super refined.

I did not felt the sudden surge of torque with the drive in the city.
Feels good from inside.

Performed PUJA in Temple and parked in the apartment.

Next day went to Asoka Wheels, Banjara hills got the alloys changed to Plati PY1006 full machined dull black. I liked the little concave effect of the five spoke wheel. Retained the stock tyres .

Went to Indian car decars for HU fixing. As one of our bhpian slicvic said, No Panel for base unit yet, they tried to enquire from dealer, after market, but no luck, he promised me to get it with in 10 days.
The panel was available on order in Motominds (motominds.in - came to know , they are preparing the panel), but I wanted to wait for few days to get the things done at Indian Cardecars.
Got Roof rails, Mud flaps, floor mats and Door Visors fitted.

Given order for Autoform U-Fly plus seat covers.

I have few more accessories to be fitted - Trying to find whether Fog Lamps are available for the base version.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160625_142616.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160625_143109.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160625_145410.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160625_145455.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160625_171145.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-base-model-head-unit-panel.jpg  

Veels n Rhodes is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 07:58   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
My Creta 1.6 SX Diesel that has run 14000 Kms has shuddering issue since last two days when engaging first gear.
The only merit i see in the service advisor's claim is that it is occurring with the Verna also. And the other aspect I fail to understand is if it is an issue of a design of the clutch or its matching with the Diesel power train, then it should be widespread.
So then it would be an impending calamity for all Diesel cretas touching 15K?
Old 26th June 2016, 10:17   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post

Went to Indian car decars for HU fixing. As one of our bhpian slicvic said, No Panel for base unit yet, they tried to enquire from dealer, after market, but no luck, he promised me to get it with in 10 days.
The panel was available on order in Motominds (motominds.in - came to know , they are preparing the panel), but I wanted to wait for few days to get the things done at Indian Cardecars.

Congratulations on the car.

What is the pricing of the Panel / Dash Kit?

Most Viewed