Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 14:50   #1066
BHPian

While installing update to navigation system the download failed and now navigation isn't working. They have said they will replace the head unit. Waiting for the call. They sent me back twice earlier, once because it was a sunday and another time because they had to replace door handle and didnt have the part (said they will do it together). I should have guessed that they weren't confident about the updation.
Old 1st July 2016, 17:01   #1067
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I have been driving Creta Automatic diesel since last October. Have done about 12000 kms .
Since I have a few issues with the car I would like to point out and try to know if others have faced the same problem. While driving uphill the gearbox doesn't downshift and a loss of power is felt, then you have to manually downshift to get that adequate power to move ahead.
I have driven my Creta AT in Uttarakhand hills. Had to manually downshift couple of times (but not always). Car was fully loaded with AC on so that could be the reason. Will post some pics from the drive in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
The gps is spot on and was helpful in my trip to Patna from Siliguri.
My GPS is usually spot on. However when I was driving in the Uttarakhand hills it was off by approx. 200 meters. As soon as we came down from the hills, the GPS was fine. Is it due to some sensitive army locations?

Creta AT performed very well throughout the journey. Comfortable for all passengers on long and winding drives.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:24   #1068
BHPian

Re: Clutch Failure in 14000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
My friend's Creta (had shared the experience here) had the same exact trouble. Except we did not actually notice the shuddering and the clutch actually failed while driving. Hyundai did not honor warranty and my friend paid the whole 20k for the repairs.
Thanks for the note kisharchit. In my case, Advaith Hyundai called me for inspection and I could not recreate the issue to them even after driving with 5 adults in up-hill and stop start situations. But I am sure that they have done some adjustment before we started the test drive.
When I went to Advaith Hyundai they asked me to wait in the lounge. When I was back to the car I noticed that the engineers were doing something under the hood. They said they were just checking and did not do any tuning. But I could notice the idling is little more than what it was earlier.
Current status - Car is in observation to see if the shuddering comes back again.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:33   #1069
BHPian

My Charmer !!!
Yet to get HU and seat covers fitted..
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160629_182252.jpg  

Last edited by Veels n Rhodes : 1st July 2016 at 18:36. Reason: Small correction
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 19:16   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Clutch Failure in 14000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
My friend's Creta (had shared the experience here) had the same exact trouble. Except we did not actually notice the shuddering and the clutch actually failed while driving. Hyundai did not honor warranty and my friend paid the whole 20k for the repairs.
At what mileage did your friend's Creta die? Looks like a sub par quality component or a scam. Usually the clutch lasts 60-80K kms even when driven a lot in the city traffic. And I don't think a newbie with zero experience buy & drive a Creta to burn the clutch in such a short period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Thanks for the note kisharchit. In my case, Advaith Hyundai called me for inspection and I could not recreate the issue to them even after driving with 5 adults in up-hill and stop start situations. But I am sure that they have done some adjustment before we started the test drive.
When I went to Advaith Hyundai they asked me to wait in the lounge. When I was back to the car I noticed that the engineers were doing something under the hood. They said they were just checking and did not do any tuning. But I could notice the idling is little more than what it was earlier.
Current status - Car is in observation to see if the shuddering comes back again.
May I request you to start a thread in the technical problems section? If there are more members who are feeling the issue, they'll add their experiences too & will work as a reason to read out to Hyundai for permanent solution.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st July 2016 at 19:17.
Old 2nd July 2016, 02:06   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
My Charmer !!!
Yet to get HU and seat covers fitted..
Are these alloys 17 inchers or 16?
Old 2nd July 2016, 05:19   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Congratulations on the car.

What is the pricing of the Panel / Dash Kit?
Thanks Slicvic, The panel itself costs 5000 rs for the picture I posted. I enquired with dealer, they too have the panel (they call front fascia) for 5000 which will fit 7 inch screen. you can enquire with the dealer once .

I have given it to Motominds in Hyderabad, Total cost is 32000 - Sony HU XAV 650 BT), JBL components ( JBL CX 650 SI) front and JBL Co-axial rear (CX 63 SI - three way) , Rear view camera compatible with Sony HU. Would be fixing the complete set today !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Are these alloys 17 inchers or 16?
These are Plati 16 inch alloys on Good Year stock tires 205/65/16).

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2016 at 07:29. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 2nd July 2016, 08:40   #1073
BHPian

Reading through the thread I had a question. I was one of the early owners of Creta Auto. Am I supposed to have got a spare alloy? I checked now and see a steel one in the boot.
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:10   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Reading through the thread I had a question. I was one of the early owners of Creta Auto. Am I supposed to have got a spare alloy? I checked now and see a steel one in the boot.
Nope. AFAIK, only SX(O) came with spare alloy. Dont know if that's the case now.
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:25   #1075
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Nope. AFAIK, only SX(O) came with spare alloy. Dont know if that's the case now.
That's changed. No more Alloy Wheel as spare in SX(O)
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:33   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
No alloy in spare for Creta AT . Since I opt for 5-tire rotation, it is a pain every time that is due.
Old 3rd July 2016, 23:32   #1077
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i have a query.

I have driven 200 kms from the time i first filled the car with Diesel. The car was entirely driven in and around the city, including a terrible traffic jam where i drove 1 km in 2 hours (Car was not switched off at all).

The Fuel indicator seems to be stuck at "F". While this would have been a moment for the kind of mileage the Creta seems to be returning, but with a long 500 km drive planned for tomorrow, i am a bit if there is something wrong with the fuel indicator.

My query to all Diesel Creta owners is as follows
a. How much does your Creta take in if filled to the brim from "Empty"? Mine took a little over 59 litres.
b. How many kms can you drive before the Fuel indicator starts to recede from F?

As i had filled in 59 litres and as i have only driven 200 kms, assuming a mileage of even 14 in the city, i will still have more than 35 litres in the tank. Tomorrow, I will drive one leg of the journey without refuelling and check the indicator starts to move. If not, i will reporting my first niggle.
Old 4th July 2016, 00:51   #1078
BHPian

For me it starts to recede after 100 km.
Wheeliej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 08:52   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
a. How much does your Creta take in if filled to the brim from "Empty"? Mine took a little over 59 litres.
b. How many kms can you drive before the Fuel indicator starts to recede from F?
There's nothing to worry.
(a) It takes around 57-58L in total.
(b) Think around 200-250 kms. During my drive to Blore, it showed two bars above half tank. The total distance was around 550 kms.

This is common in most of the cars I have seen.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 09:53   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys, i have a query.

My query to all Diesel Creta owners is as follows
So did you fill in fuel using the first auto cut off? Or did you ask him to ignore the auto cut off and keep filling? My petrol creta in the first fill (using auto cut off) had little under 45 liters. the showroom guys claimed 5 liters were already filled up.
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed