Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2016, 10:41   #1201
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Mine is the same variant, and I didn't get the net.

Anyone else here with SX+AT and didn't get the cargo net?

Just wondering if it's from Hyundai or Dealer side.

Thanks.
Old 11th August 2016, 12:57   #1202
BHPian

Is there cruise control in any variant of the Creta?

I find even a lower segment car like the Fiat Linea (which is a sedan, I agree, so not apples-apples comparison) has cruise control, but I find many higher segment cars dont.

I am considering upgrading my SX4 to the Creta SX+ Petrol (manual) next year. Having cruise control would have made the decision even easier.
Old 11th August 2016, 14:02   #1203
BHPian

The Creta currently does not have cruise control. Since you are planning to buy next year why worry now, it will probably get feature update by the time your are ready to buy.
Old 11th August 2016, 23:37   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Mine is the same variant, and I didn't get the net.

Anyone else here with SX+AT and didn't get the cargo net?

Just wondering if it's from Hyundai or Dealer side.

Thanks.
Got it with my SX+ AT delivered in March 2016. Its from hyundai, I saw a checklist from the factory where the net was a checked option. Maybe it came with different batches like the 17 inch wheels.

Last edited by Jag4 : 11th August 2016 at 23:40.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 14:08   #1205
BHPian

Guys,

One of my close friend is taking his Creta delivery next week. He is asking if underbody anti-rust coating is required for Creta? If not required, please let me know why.

Thanks
Pratim
Old 13th August 2016, 09:26   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
4. Sure some features are missing like auto-door-lock and illuminated buttons, but the ICE/Nav etc make up for it well.
I am looking at the latest version of the brochure and it states the presence of Speed sensing auto door lock in the SX(O). Can an owner from one of the latest batches confirm this.

Does Creta share the power window module from any other model in Hyundai's portfolio?
Old 13th August 2016, 10:14   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Guys,

One of my close friend is taking his Creta delivery next week. He is asking if underbody anti-rust coating is required for Creta? If not required, please let me know why.

Thanks
Pratim
I remember reading a long time ago on this forum that all modern new cars nowadays come with underbody anti-rust coating from factory.
You can apply a fresh coat the following year but there shouldn't be need to apply one on a fresh car.
Old 13th August 2016, 10:31   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
I am looking at the latest version of the brochure and it states the presence of Speed sensing auto door lock in the SX(O).
Hi McLaren, the Official Hyundai Creta Specification website has the latest specs which include the new variants. The option for speed sensing auto door lock is only seen under the SX(O).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-option.png  

Old 14th August 2016, 02:20   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
I am looking at the latest version of the brochure and it states the presence of Speed sensing auto door lock in the SX(O). Can an owner from one of the latest batches confirm this.

Does Creta share the power window module from any other model in Hyundai's portfolio?

Even I confirmed the same from the showroom sales reps, and all said Auto lock comes only in SX(O) trim.
Not there in my SX+AT diesel, bought last week.

I have but purchased an obd module to activate this feature and some more add on features like hazard blinkers on when door opened with engine on, hazard blinkers on when you n reverse, etc...

Hopefully the module works.
Old 14th August 2016, 02:31   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Got it with my SX+ AT delivered in March 2016. Its from hyundai, I saw a checklist from the factory where the net was a checked option. Maybe it came with different batches like the 17 inch wheels.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes the cargo net is included from Hyundai! It was not attached to the hooks as in my Elantra at the time of delivery, but was packed in a yellow packet and placed on the left side of the boot. I just discovered this today evening!

And yeah, about the bulbs of Creta, here is all the specs:

High and Low beam: HB3 9005
(The high and low both work from the projector and there's only this one bulb going into projector)

Cornering Light: H11B
(Not same as H11. The pins are different and no brand in India has it, like Philips, Osram. The OEM bulb is of Excelite brand)

Fogs: H27
(Again not present in India in Philips and Osram special versions)

I bought the Philips X-treme Vision from Amazon.in, as stock is not there with Philips from past 2 months, and they say it won't come for another month or so.

http://www.amazon.in/Philips-9005-X-.../dp/B00NAZJTFE

Got it installed at my friend's shop this morning and at night I was very impressed with them! Way better than stock bulbs!
Philips X-treme Visions have proven their worth yet again!

I highly recommend all to change to this.

As for the cornering and fogs there aren't any more powerful options, have decided to leave them stock for now. May upgrade fogs to led in future.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2016, 12:30   #1211
BHPian

I am getting a strange noise on my Creta 1.6 VTVT. When I pass a smooth hump (speed breaker), to reduce the speed if I slightly depress the brakes while passing over it, I find a sudden noise from the front, it seems as if some set of springs are making this noise vigorously. I have only done under 500 KMs ODO till date with sedate driving.
This noise is absent if I dont touch the brakes while on the hump. And it does not happen at very slow speeds too. Any body has similar experience or inputs?
Old 14th August 2016, 13:26   #1212
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I am getting a strange noise on my Creta 1.6 VTVT. When I pass a smooth hump (speed breaker), to reduce the speed if I slightly depress the brakes while passing over it, I find a sudden noise from the front.
This noise is absent if I dont touch the brakes while on the hump. And it does not happen at very slow speeds too.
Is it a grinding noise? Could very well be the ABS kicking in. As you pass over the hump at not so slow speeds, the front wheels unload themselves while exiting the said hump, and braking at that point makes the tyres skid, prompting the ABS to kick in. ABS is known to make loud metal grinding noise. Happens to all cars. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited by RWD : 14th August 2016 at 13:45.
Old 14th August 2016, 17:14   #1213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I am getting a strange noise on my Creta 1.6 VTVT. When I pass a smooth hump (speed breaker), to reduce the speed if I slightly depress the brakes while passing over it, I find a sudden noise from the front, it seems as if some set of springs are making this noise vigorously. I have only done under 500 KMs ODO till date with sedate driving.
This noise is absent if I dont touch the brakes while on the hump. And it does not happen at very slow speeds too. Any body has similar experience or inputs?
ABS kicks in only if you stomp the pedal and doesn't kick in at normal braking. Do you notice the problem only while on humps? ABS gives a pulsating / vibrating effect and doesn't give any metallic noises. Might be a problem with dust on the front shocks due to the monsoons.

Have a thorough underbody wash and check the next day whether you can replicate the issue.
Old 15th August 2016, 01:22   #1214
BHPian

Quote:

I have but purchased an obd module to activate this feature and some more add on features like hazard blinkers on when door opened with engine on, hazard blinkers on when you n reverse, etc...

Hopefully the module works.
Please share the link. Thanks.

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. Yes the cargo net is included from Hyundai! It was not attached to the hooks as in my Elantra at the time of delivery, but was packed in a yellow packet and placed on the left side of the boot. I just discovered this today evening!

And yeah, about the bulbs of Creta, here is all the specs:

High and Low beam: HB3 9005
(The high and low both work from the projector and there's only this one bulb going into projector)

Cornering Light: H11B
(Not same as H11. The pins are different and no brand in India has it, like Philips, Osram. The OEM bulb is of Excelite brand)

Fogs: H27
(Again not present in India in Philips and Osram special versions)

I bought the Philips X-treme Vision from Amazon.in, as stock is not there with Philips from past 2 months, and they say it won't come for another month or so.

http://www.amazon.in/Philips-9005-X-.../dp/B00NAZJTFE

Got it installed at my friend's shop this morning and at night I was very impressed with them! Way better than stock bulbs!
Philips X-treme Visions have proven their worth yet again!

I highly recommend all to change to this.

As for the cornering and fogs there aren't any more powerful options, have decided to leave them stock for now. May upgrade fogs to led in future.
That's a VFM upgrade.Any before and after pics ?
Old 15th August 2016, 20:47   #1215
BHPian

How do you find Creta Base Petrol Vs. E+ Petrol?
The OTR price difference is almost a lakh rupees, but it gets 5" Touch screen infotainment system, roof rails, ORVM with blinkers and few more bits.
Honestly, I don't find the additional money Hyundai is asking worthy enough compared to features they've added.
What is your opinion?

Most Viewed