Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2016, 21:01   #1216
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Booked the Petrol AT ! Will be taking delivery during Navratras.

Has anyone been able to get the 5th year extended warranty on their Creta ?
Checked with two dealers in Delhi-they seem unaware .

Details here: http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...dwarranty.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-untitled.jpg  

BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 12:27   #1217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
One of my close friend is taking his Creta delivery next week. He is asking if underbody anti-rust coating is required for Creta? If not required, please let me know why.
My area gets a TON of rains which starts from June-end and continues till October-end, plus there's plenty of dust and dirt flying around, so the coating job is a given for all my cars.

I checked the underside of my Lazarus during PDI, and noticed that there was only a thin black layer in the wheel wells, which was confirmed to me as "splash protection" during transportation. Hence I opted for the 3M Under-body Anti-Rust package (5 years). Cost me 4,000/- bucks but it's totally worth it.

Got the under body checked during both subsequent servicings, and I am glad to report that the coating is holding up well. No extra fillings/top ups necessary.

I would recommend it. Doesn't cost much and gives you peace of mind when you hit the dirt, grime and mud on the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
My Creta's Headunit is also showing these Pixelated Lines on the screen, anybody faced a similiar issue ?
Is this right from the time you took delivery, or did it spring up later?

Looks like a display problem. Better get it rectified from the dealer itself. Ask them to replace the entire HU, if they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
How do you find Creta Base Petrol Vs. E+ Petrol?
The OTR price difference is almost a lakh rupees, but it gets 5" Touch screen infotainment system, roof rails, ORVM with blinkers and few more bits.
Honestly, I don't find the additional money Hyundai is asking worthy enough compared to features they've added.
What is your opinion?
Hyundai quotes the 5" Touchscreen HU at 35,000 bucks, and I am sure other overpriced add-ons will eventually add up to that 1 lakh-rupee price difference.

Not worth it.

My opinion - unless one absolutely requires the ORVMs with blinkers, better to go for the Base and add the stuff later (preferably aftermarket). Much better HU systems are available these days for a third of the price, and decking your own car with chosen accessories is a delightful process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Booked the Petrol AT ! Will be taking delivery during Navratras.

Has anyone been able to get the 5th year extended warranty on their Creta ?
Checked with two dealers in Delhi-they seem unaware .
Congratulations!

I was offered the extended warranty package during delivery last year, but opted out of it.

Quote:
Also, I didn't opt for the extended warranty right now, because the Creta comes with a 3-year/unlimited kms standard warranty. Let's see about that once this period is over.
Link

Reasons:
- Hyundai already provided 3 years/unlimited kms warranty on the Creta.
- A completely new, untested car was being launched and I was coming from a real bitter experience of my 2014 Honda City i-DTEC (another new, untested car), hence I went the cautious route.
- No use buying the same and selling off your car within 3 years. Does not make sense practically. Only the new owner will get the benefits related to it.
- Extended warranty package can be bought later, at any given date before the expiry of the normal warranty period (provided the running is within prescribed limits of the normal warranty). Only about 1,800 rupees difference from buying it within 90 days of taking delivery.
- Hyundai cars are usually reliable in this aspect.

Lazarus has been a fantastic, fuss-free and no-nonsense steed till now. But I am planning to wait till I cross the 2nd year of ownership before availing the extended warranty - it will give a better perspective of where both of us (me & Lazarus) stand.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th August 2016 at 12:34.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 14:59   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Please share the link. Thanks.

That's a VFM upgrade.Any before and after pics ?
1. Link for the Auto Speed Lock OBD Device: (I suggest please wait till i get mine and i test it out, as some sellers said they had problems with Creta model though it is iX25 outside)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-A...08.0.81.rS8Zgf

2. For the light output, sorry, i don't have any pics of before, but i will post the after pics shortly.
Old 16th August 2016, 21:53   #1219
BHPian

I had a doubt regarding the Creta's GC: How can it be the same for both the variants with 16" & 17" tyres ??
Old 17th August 2016, 00:04   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a doubt regarding the Creta's GC: How can it be the same for both the variants with 16" & 17" tyres ??
215/60R17 tyre will have diameter of 690 mm and 205/65R16 tyre will have diameter of 673 mm. Thus there shall be a difference of 8.5 mm in the GC. And 8.5 mm is not a negligible difference.

But I downloaded the Creta brochure from Hyundai's website. I did not find any data about the GC of various models. Where did you see a statement that the GC is same across all the models?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 10:22   #1221
BHPian

I am only going by the TBHP review which mentions the GC as 190mm..
This data is not available officially from any Hyundai source.
Old 17th August 2016, 10:54   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
I am only going by the TBHP review which mentions the GC as 190mm..
This data is not available officially from any Hyundai source.
Just sharing information given to me during the Test Drive of the Creta AT - given by the Pune SA - 198 mm ground clearance.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 20:58   #1223
BHPian

Hi all,

I finally took the plunge to install the Caska MyAVN 2525 unit on my Creta Base Petrol. Here's a quick review along with some pictures post installation:

Positives:
  • Totally transformed the interior look. The base model doesn't come with any audio equipment and there is provision to only install a single DIN unit by default. Also attaching a picture below of the default interiors for comparison (source: www.hindu.com)
  • Excellent bass and good audio quality with stock speakers.
  • 8" touchscreen provides a good view of the back through the reverse camera

Negatives:
  • Navigation support through MapMyIndia is not as good as Google Maps. The real time traffic view is particularly missed
  • Expensive: Not really a negative but this is a pricey option at INR 41k (also includes the cost of the frame INR 3.4k). That said, I still find it worth the bucks as the car from inside doesn't look much different now than the SX+ variant. Also the major addition in the E+ or S compared to the base variant is the audio unit (that too is a 5" touchscreen without navigation or rear camera support) and are priced ~INR 85-120K higher.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-base-model-interior.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-055.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-056.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-057.jpg  

sid_deb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 21:26   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Hi all,

I finally took the plunge to install the Caska MyAVN 2525 unit on my Creta Base Petrol
[*]Expensive: Not really a negative but this is a pricey option at INR 41k (also includes the cost of the frame INR 3.4k).
Hi sid_deb, this for looks excellent - I agree it car is transformed to a higher version.
Couple of questions
1) Is 41k inclusive of rear camera? If not, how much did camera cost?
2) Does it support Google map via mirror link or carplay/android auto etc?

Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by SDP : 17th August 2016 at 21:55. Reason: Please see inline
Old 17th August 2016, 22:11   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Couple of questions
1) Is 41k inclusive of rear camera? If not, how much did camera cost?
2) Does it support Google map via mirror link or carplay/android auto etc?
Thanks Concorde24.
  1. No. I had a spare rear camera from my previous car. This is not a costly item though, one can find a good camera in the price range of 1-2k
  2. No, it doesn't support CarPlay or Android auto. I hope they launch this feature soon
Old 18th August 2016, 13:14   #1226
BHPian

How is the AC performance (in NCR type heat, 40-42C) , both front & rear ?
I am hearing that this seems to be a concern area....??
Old 18th August 2016, 13:28   #1227
BHPian

I'm sure there are curious readers looking for the new E+ variant of the Creta Petrol.

I was fortunate to see one in a Hyundai stock yard recently. Hopefully, this will help readers make an informed purchase decision especially when comparing with the base version.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160810_172543873_hdr.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160810_172607792_hdr.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160810_172640358.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160810_172645909_hdr.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160810_172656467_hdr.jpg  

Pyrotek is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:12   #1228
BHPian

Have faced a weird issue with My Petrol Automatic

At times, while filling up Petrol there is an Auto Cut before the fuel tank is actually full. While I understand this isn't the right way of checking if the tank is full, but I haven't faced this in any of my previous cars

This has happened during 4 of the 9-10 times I have got the car tank filled and on a couple of occasions happened even below the half tank mark. The possible explanations given by the pump attendants seem rather bizarre

I usually use the Auto Cut method to calculate mileage

What could be the possible reasons of this?
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:08   #1229
BHPian

A couple of queries to the owners as I couldn't find the data online.

Does the top end 1.6 SX+(O) come with full size alloy spare?
Do the mirrors fold both ways? Towards the back as well as the front, in case our favourite bikers knock them as they overtake.

Thanks.

Last edited by neutralgrey : 22nd August 2016 at 19:09.
Old 23rd August 2016, 01:06   #1230
BHPian

With 23k on Odo, bunch of customization's and lot of happy memories - I complete one year with my car today.

It has been a pleasant ownership experience and it did stood up to whatever challenges I threw up to her. During this relatively short time, I managed to squeeze in few road trips – including Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai, few Mumbai-Goa trips and numerous visits to Pune.

Coming from 2012 Lancer ES and given the reputation of Hyundai’s – yes I wasn’t exactly expecting any competent handling; But then Creta did surprise me in this department. Car does seem quite composed on twisty ghats around Lonavala like it does on straight line. Very pleasantly pleased with that, call it the effect of extremely low expectations! Engine with all of 126 horses is pretty sweet and the power delivery seems quite linear (compared to 1.3 DDIS – bench mark of small diesel engines). I do not have to struggle to keep the car only in the power band (like I had to with swift). Interiors are okay (don’t like the 2 tone on the dash, wish it was all black straight out of factory) and all in all it’s a competent product.

Is it overpriced? Absolutely – but then so is everything else these days. With the cost of cars constantly moving up, all the prices seems to have moved to a segment up it seems.

So far I am one satisfied customer with the product, barring some quality issues (Managed to break rear door handle mechanism, one rivet of wiper blade came undone and leaving the metallic strip rubbing against the glass. Unfortunately happened in between a road trip and in the middle of monsoon – it left a permanent scar). I am not too pleased with the after sales support - I experienced the apathy of the dealer and lack of any support from the company. I sent 5-6 tweets to them to complain about the issues that I was facing, I was asked for my contact details most of the times and only got a call back after almost a month!

Following are the list of customization's done so far (in the order of completion)–
- Changed the interiors to all black ( did not like beige)
- Side step ( had to buy it, wasn’t too keep on it)
- 17” Momo Alloys with 225/55 profile tyres
- 3 Way active Audio set up
- Nappa Leather Seat Covers
- HID’s for fogs
- Projector upgrade for the HL with HID’s

Keeping fingers crossed to many more pleasant miles and hope I don’t have to deal with Hyundai’s after sales much!

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-alloys-2.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-alloys-1.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-damping-3.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-damping-1.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-damping-4.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-damping-5.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-damping6.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dash-finished.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-odo.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-seats-reduced.jpg
Abhi99 is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed