Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 21:12   #1246
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

The new Earth Brown shade on the Hyundai Creta.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 23:54   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Congrats to you too.
I got this via my company's car lease program so insurance is from them and not the dealer.
Yes the cargo net is there. It is packed as seen in attached pic.
The Accessories I got
1. Rear LED lamps -Rs 5K
2. HID Upgrade to Genome 5000K - Rs 11.5K
3. Surround Camera setup -Rs 15.5
4. 3M anti rust coating - Rs 4K
5. 3M Paint Protection coating -Rs 4.2K

this i what i got from the Dealer.

Future upgrade
1. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System from Aliexpress
2. Hardwire dashcam setup.
You got HID installed from the dealer? I read somewhere that some changes have to be made to the existing projector in order to get the HID to focus properly. Did you have to make any changes in the projector?
Old 28th August 2016, 10:03   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
You got HID installed from the dealer?
Hi Aparth, yes got it done by the dealer itself.

Sneak Peak.I got the TPMS with external sensors (Tire Pressure Management System) from Aliexpress a lot earlier than expected. I will be creating a DIY thread for the install i did.
Here is the semi complete pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-tpms01.jpg  

yajaman99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 10:52   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi Aparth, yes got it done by the dealer itself.

Sneak Peak.I got the TPMS with external sensors (Tire Pressure Management System) from Aliexpress a lot earlier than expected. I will be creating a DIY thread for the install i did.
Here is the semi complete pic.
Hey, any particular reason why you went for the external sensors rather than internal sensors?

Get the auto dimming mirror too.

Also looking forward to your review of the 360 deg camera. Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 20:57   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

How are the front seats? The official review states that they lack lumbar support. Do they provide adequate comfort and cushioning? Does the lower back start to hurt after a long drive?
Old 28th August 2016, 22:53   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
How are the front seats? The official review states that they lack lumbar support. Do they provide adequate comfort and cushioning? Does the lower back start to hurt after a long drive?

Mine hurt even after a short drive. If you are interested in buying the car, best TD it and check.

Besides that, i think they are okay seats. No major complain here other than the lower back support
Old 28th August 2016, 22:55   #1252
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The front seats are pretty comfortable. I have driven over 600 kms a day and (touchwood), no back pain.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 23:45   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Mine hurt even after a short drive. If you are interested in buying the car, best TD it and check.

Besides that, i think they are okay seats. No major complain here other than the lower back support
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The front seats are pretty comfortable. I have driven over 600 kms a day and (touchwood), no back pain.
I ask because my City's seats have turned out to be an absolute disaster. They were pretty comfortable to begin with but since the compound is soft, they started to sag over time. Now, after almost 3yrs/60k km, my lower back starts to hurt after 10-15 minutes. The situation is so bad that I am seriously considering selling off the car as I am just not able to drive it.

How is the Creta's seat compound? Is it stiff? I hope the headrests aren't angled too far forward like the City.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2016 at 07:22. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 29th August 2016, 01:13   #1254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lower-back support is lacking, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable over long journeys.

Like MAS, I have completed plenty of 600-km round trips in the past few months, sometimes doing them within 12-15 hours, and have never experienced any lower back/waist pain. Maybe it's because I am a tall guy (6'0") and sit snugly inside the seat, with the driver's seat set back a bit from the steering wheel.

The only sore body part I end up dealing with is my aching right knee (on the right side), but that is because I have a bad one (lost my right knee's ligaments to a particularly nasty bike accident about 15 years back).

Even then, a good night's sleep brings me back to full fitness by the next morning.

Quote:
I ask because my City's seats have turned out to be an absolute disaster. They were pretty comfortable to begin with but since the compound is soft, they started to sag over time. Now, after almost 3yrs/60k km, my lower back starts to hurt after 10-15 minutes. The situation is so bad that I am seriously considering selling off the car as I am just not able to drive it.
See if you can get seat covers with firmer compound which is bolstered into the back/lower back area. There are some accessories available for the same as well.

If that doesn't cure the problem, best to get all the seats replaced with firmer ones.

Quote:
How is the Creta's seat compound? Is it stiff? I hope the headrests aren't angled too far forward like the City.
It's quite firm and should last some thousand miles.

Headrests are upright and don't intrude into your head or neck sections. You can lean backwards and only then are you aware of their presence.

That said, the fabrics on the seats of the SX+ variant aren't too confidence inspiring. I didn't get any seat covers installed for the same reason. Waiting for them to wear out completely before I install new ones, if Lazarus stays with me till then.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th August 2016 at 01:15. Reason: added a point
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 09:07   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Agree with MAS. I find the seats quite comfortable.

Have been on four long drives of more than 1000 kms in the past 11 months. In additon 17 drives of 200 or more kms. Maximum distance being 900 kms at a stretch one way in a day with a break of 45 mins and have nothing to complain. I have a habit of driving ON continuously and five hours at a stretch is just no issue as i enjoy driving my Nanook. My longest continuous drive on Nanook being 8 hrs non stop without a break, from 0500 hrs in the morning to 1310 hrs in the afternoon and the break was due to my eyes straining. I know lot of people are going to lam blast me for this, but then that's me. I love the long rides.

Lower back support is a wee bit lacking and during my visit abroad in 2013, had picked this fantastic back support for car seat, which is very good and is the only item carried forward from my last ride. It fits in snugly and one generally forgets it presence. An excellent add on for your steed.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160829_084426.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160829_084520.jpg
nkghai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 18:05   #1256
BHPian

Hi,
I am looking to buying a new car since 6 months! Plan is to buy in the next 1 to 2 months max. Currently own Ertiga diesel (past ownership Altis, City, Palio -D). My primary requirement is automatic as due to traffic situation in Bangalore I have developed lower back, elbow & Knee pain

After much search which included Breza, Baleno, Jazz, S Cross etc, down selected BRV, Creta & Crysta. Unfortunately none of the cars ticks everything I would expect at the price point!

On Creta SX+ AT, disappointed by the lack of auto door lock, no illuminated buttons, steel spare wheel & no FE display! Is there any upgrade available for door lock/FE display?
What about the issue with brakes, steering, door handle, AVN – bit scary especially brakes & steering. Are these problem sorted in new batches?
Old 29th August 2016, 22:04   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Looks amazing!
How much did the art leather stitching cost? Is it easily available! It looks absolutely stunning.
I am planning one for my Honda City.
Thanks - This one is taken from one of the auto shops (motominds) in Hyderabad and it cost me Rs.1000/- including stitching. He told this is autoform wheel cover.

@Pyrotek, Sorry - could not reply you on the PM, posting it in the forum about the back seat head rests. Please see below pic, Our family are not very tall , so did not find any trouble sitting in back seat , but for tall people the back seat head rest looks short.

@chetan, The floor mats are bought from Auto Shop Indian car decars , Hyderabad and they are normal PVC floor mats and the cost is around 1800 for set of 4.

I am yet to get the after market fog lamps and LED DRLs fitted on my Charmer. Also, I am thinking of getting the grill painted with shiny black and ash color for front and read skid plates for sporty look.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-2.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta3.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-front-three-quarter.jpg  

Veels n Rhodes is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 03:51   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi,
On Creta SX+ AT, disappointed by the lack of auto door lock, no illuminated buttons, steel spare wheel & no FE display! Is there any upgrade available for door lock/FE display?
What about the issue with brakes, steering, door handle, AVN – bit scary especially brakes & steering. Are these problem sorted in new batches?
Hey Gany,
1. For the Door Auto Lock, i have purchased an OBD device which will supposedly activate that feature and some extras, it's yet to ne delivered to me sometime this week.
I will post my review here about it.

2. No upgrade available as yet for FE display.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 08:33   #1259

This is serious. In fact I am in the same boat and facing major braking issues with Creta. Unfortunately the service guys are unwilling to accept a ABS defect and continue to provide useless assurances that this is standard abs functioning and is there in all cars. I find this hard, I have driven ABS cars in the past as well, but the braking in Creta simply takes away the confidence. I personally have escaped accidents on at least 3 occasions on my long drives.... I am seriously contemplating replacing my Creta with another car, especially because I am not getting any help or right advise from the service dealership or Hyundai. Can we launch a joint complaint to Hyundai HO since I can see multiple owners affected by this issue.....

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th August 2016 at 08:42. Reason: See note in post.
San_Khanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 11:18   #1260
BHPian

Another query for the Creta owners and auto pundits in general - If I plan on buying a 17" diamond cut alloy for the spare wheel (since it is a steel rim currently), how much is it worth?

The dealer is quoting 15.8k. I can talk to him and maybe reduce it by a bit.

Most Viewed