Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 10:26   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

The Creta sees dealer dispatch numbers of 8,835 units for the month of September 2016, which is a growth of 21% over September 2015's numbers.

It is ranked #10 in the monthly bestsellers list.

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 16:52   #1352
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Creta sees dealer dispatch numbers of 8,835 units for the month of September 2016, which is a growth of 21% over September 2015's numbers.
It's great to see this well-rounded, high quality, value-for-money product consistently sell in the numbers it deserves to!

I'm glad so many customers every month are realising the fact that Creta offers good bang for every single buck for every variant, especially the higher ones. The SX(O) is simply unmatched in its class (4m+ 5-seater monocoques) in terms of safety features. The Duster AWD does offer ESP + TC, but only the Creta SX(O) has side & curtain airbags (six in total) and ESP + TC (among other goodies) in its class.

Given the fact that the top SX(O) variant is so much value-for-money, I simply don't understand why Hyundai are offering it only with the 1.6 CRDi MT. The SX(O) needs to be offered with the 1.6 CRDi AT, 1.6 Gamma dual VTVT MT & AT as well!!!

Last edited by RSR : 6th October 2016 at 16:55.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 18:01   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
It's great to see this well-rounded, high quality, value-for-money product consistently sell in the numbers it deserves to!
High quality yes, but when it comes to VFM I would have to disagree with you. Let me share my reasons. Just last week we were looking out for a car purchase within the family and the car in contention was the Creta.

It was the Petrol manual top-end which has being looked at and it was 15.5l OTR in Mumbai. Now besides the fact that the top-end version's features were not available, the car did not feel 'special' in any way. The interior look and feel was notably bland and lacked finesse.

When we shared our usage requirement with the SA (mostly in-city driving with once-a-month trips to Pune), he suggested us to also check out the i20 Active top-end (I think it's called "SX") which shares an identical ground clearance with the Creta. Now that car (which also comes with 16" rims) costs 9.5l OTR. When we sat inside the Active i20, it seemed quite spacious including the leg-room and head-room at the rear.

We then also checked out the Elite i20 top-end (Hyundai's confusing/complicated variant names just don't stay with me, so please forgive the lack of a direct reference), as it is about a lakh cheaper, but found that the i20 Active has much better exteriors/interiors. In fact the interior feel of the i20 Active is way better than the Creta Petrol Manual as well! And to add to it, the Creta Petrol manual doesn't even get auto-folding ORVMs and a request sensor and has less speakers! So I do not get how the Creta Petrol manual is VFM. As driving pleasure is not what one seeks out a Hyundai for (this may be a purely personal opinion, no offence intended), as compared to fit and finish and features, we felt that paying 6 lakhs more for a 1.6l engine wasn't worth it. As the family member who was looking to book the car liked the i20 Active as well, we ended up deciding on it and saved 6 lacs.

So it may well be a good quality product, but VFM it sure is not.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 6th October 2016 at 18:05.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 18:16   #1354
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
So it may well be a good quality product, but VFM it sure is not.
Well, you have your opinion & I have mine. It may not be VFM for you, but it surely is VFM for me (though I cannot afford it)!

The i20 Active is a very good car and excellent value for money, no doubt. That doesn't take away from the fact that the Creta is good value for money.

These are cars in two completely different classes. The i20 Active is a variant of the regular i20 with additional GC and other features. The Creta is basically an i30 (GD) / Elantra (MD) underneath wearing a different "top hat".

For an accurate parallel, comparing Hyundai's Creta with an i20 Active is like comparing Volkswagen's Tiguan (first gen.) with a Cross Polo!

Last edited by RSR : 6th October 2016 at 18:25.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 15:14   #1355
BHPian

After lots of research and test drives finally decided to go with Creta. I went with SX+ VTVT in Red. Took the delivery on Sunday and got some accessories fitted. The experience with dealership was satisfactory and smooth (Kasliwal Hyundai - Indore).

I am getting the paint protection and underbody treatment done today at a 3M outlet.

Hoping to have a good time and road trips with my new car

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_3078.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 12th October 2016 at 11:42. Reason: Please format and proof read ; Corrected post for now
vkhandelwal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 16:24   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

The SX(O) is simply unmatched in its class (4m+ 5-seater monocoques) in terms of safety features. The Duster AWD does offer ESP + TC, but only the Creta SX(O) has side & curtain airbags (six in total) and ESP + TC (among other goodies) in its class.
Slightly disagree with you on this.

Developed by Nissan, the intelligent AWD system + ESP in Duster is the best active safety feature one can buy in that price range.

While I agree that Creta scores higher on passive safety department.
Old 12th October 2016, 16:18   #1357
BHPian

I have booked Creta AT-SX+ diesel at Trident Hyundai-Whitefield! I should be getting the car in a weeks time per SA! Still trying to select on Accessories. However I am wondering by the dealers attitude. They don't seems to be interested in selling accessories. They were supposed to send details of the car(engine number etc), yet to receive even after 3 calls and promises. This is the 1st time buying Hyundai. In my past 4 purchases I always ditched Hyundai post test drive as something was not clicking. This time I had no other good option for a Auto box and hence plunged in. Hope others have good experience with them! May be I am wrong!
Old 12th October 2016, 17:53   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
After lots of research and test drives finally decided to go with Creta. I went with SX+ VTVT in Red. Took the delivery on Sunday and got some accessories fitted. The experience with dealership was satisfactory and smooth (Kasliwal Hyundai - Indore).

I am getting the paint protection and underbody treatment done today at a 3M outlet.

Hoping to have a good time and road trips with my new car

Attachment 1564988
The foot board on your car is an accessory ? or standard?
Old 12th October 2016, 20:30   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
The foot board on your car is an accessory ? or standard?
The footboard is a paid accessory.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 21:03   #1360
BHPian

Does anyone have any inside news of any mid variant - between E+ and SX+ (for petrol) being launched in near future. I am eagerly waiting.
Old 14th October 2016, 07:26   #1361
Distinguished - BHPian

Some interesting videos that I found online.

Installing pneumatic strut (bonnet)

Changing cabin filter

Changing air filter

Source - Youtube
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 12:04   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Some interesting videos that I found online.

[b]Changing cabin filter

Source - Youtube
Great Share. Thanks.

A small update. For accessing the cabin filter, the Indian Creta does not have the lower hook as shown in the video.

Rather, we have the flexible plastic on both sides on the upper flap of the storage compartment cover, which can be pressed and the cabin filter accessed. It is very simple. The photographs below will make it clear.

Normal Position

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20161014_115050.jpg

Press from Here
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20161014_115103.jpg

Open Position to Access the Cabin Filter
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20161014_115119.jpg
nkghai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 13:44   #1363
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hey everyone, need some advice on tyre replacement for my Creta that came fitted with Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 215 60R17 96H as stock.

A couple of days back some freak ruined several of the car tyres near our office parking, mine also got hit, 2 right side ones took 5 needles each on the side

The car has done only around 6k so far and with that many punctures repaired the tyres are no good now.

First, is there a way to claim these under insurance?

Second, if not and I'm expecting that, where do I get the best prices for the replacements, the minimum quote I was able to get so far from one of the Goodyear dealers is 8200/- per tyre.

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2016 at 22:31. Reason: Typo
Old 18th October 2016, 14:35   #1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I have booked Creta AT-SX+ diesel at Trident Hyundai-Whitefield! I should be getting the car in a weeks time per SA! Still trying to select on Accessories. However I am wondering by the dealers attitude. They don't seems to be interested in selling accessories. They were supposed to send details of the car(engine number etc), yet to receive even after 3 calls and promises. This is the 1st time buying Hyundai. In my past 4 purchases I always ditched Hyundai post test drive as something was not clicking. This time I had no other good option for a Auto box and hence plunged in. Hope others have good experience with them! May be I am wrong!
Hi Gany, even I bought my Creta SX(O) from the outlet last year. Needless to say, the experience was pathetic. I suggest you actively followup and insist on a PDI before taking delivery. Talk to the outlet manager and that will at least ensure a pleasant experience.
Old 18th October 2016, 20:13   #1365
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
First, is there a way to claim these under insurance?
Sorry to hear that. I can help you with the first question. The answer is no . Unless it's a manufacturing defect or any issues on the contact area there's no point going behind them. I faced a similar situation on my Ecosport which was just 10 days old and having clocked couple of hundred kms. They simply rejected my claim stating that the side wall was cracked as a result of my driving.

Are you still looking out for Goodyear? Would suggest you to check Conti or Michelin (but guess Michelin is not available in that size).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks