Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 23:53   #1411
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

I received a call from a representative of the JD Power India (Kolkata number) earlier in the afternoon today.

He exchanged pleasantries, asked for 10 minutes of my time (actual call duration was about 20 minutes), and then went directly into the survey, by asking me in detail about my service experiences till now with the 2 Hyundai dealerships I have been taking my Lazarus to (Shankara & Shivnath), and there were the usual rating questions - scale of 1 to 10, "not really" to "definitely" - and in the end, asked me 5 questions about the Creta as a product, and how satisfied I am with my car.

He also noted down all the separate feedback I gave them regarding service costs, dealership-related issues, the AVN freeze-up problem, and said that all of my feedback would be processed and sent directly to Hyundai India.

According to him, Hyundai was supposed to call me before and tell me to expect a call from JD Power, which of course the company (or it's dealerships) hadn't.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:10   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
2. Hardwire dashcam setup.
Any updates/review of Surround Camera? Where you bought/installed it? I am also looking for the same for my Creta.

Last edited by manson : 16th November 2016 at 15:13. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 15th November 2016, 21:04   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor;
Any updates/review of Surround Camera? Where you bought/installed it?
I am also looking for the same for my creata
Hi Dextor, i got it installed from Trident itself.
I have started my ownership thread but it is work in progress.
i hope to finish it in two weeks.
For the price, i think is is a nice gadget to have and i have found in useful.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 22:03   #1414
RSR
Senior - BHPian

If Renault can sell the Duster Oroch (pick-up version of Duster) in Brazil, then why shouldn't Hyundai sell a pick-up version of the Creta there?

Presenting the Creta STC (Sport Truck Concept):

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-salaodoautomovelhyundaicretastcconceptsurpreendeesugereumapicapeantitoro.jpg

This would be the second pick-up truck concept revealed by Hyundai that's likely to be put into production (after the Santa Cruz).

Source

Last edited by RSR : 15th November 2016 at 22:20.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 11:52   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dextor, i got it installed from Trident itself.
I have started my ownership thread but it is work in progress.
i hope to finish it in two weeks.
For the price, i think is is a nice gadget to have and i have found in useful.
Checked with my dealer (Blue Hyundai) & also other car shops but they are saying surround camera is not available in Indian market. Which Trident showroom you got that installed? And any inputs regarding the quality of the same.
Old 16th November 2016, 21:30   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor;
And any inputs regarding the quality of the same.
This was fitted from Trident Hyundai on Sankey road.
The surround camera system is that of three cameras, one in the front and one under each OVRM.

The Control Panel, located next to the Driver Side Ac Vent.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-resize-surronund-camera.jpg

A Collage showing the location and views from the cameras.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-surround-camera-collage-resize.jpg

The display is via the 7" AVN.
The camera stays on for 20 Seconds when I change from P to D.
The power on button also triggers the Right camera view.
There is not a DVR , just plain cameras to help you judge how close you are too object on the left, right and front.
The Front is very useful in those just right spots for parallel parking.

Hope this helps.
yajaman99 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 00:16   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
The display is via the 7" AVN.
The camera stays on for 20 Seconds when I change from P to D.
The power on button also triggers the Right camera view.
There is not a DVR , just plain cameras to help you judge how close you are too object on the left, right and front.
The Front is very useful in those just right spots for parallel parking.

Hope this helps.
Wow! Do you mind sharing the cost? Does look fab, however, no offence, how useful is this actually considering one would be fully sure of the cars front and side dimensions after driving it about 100 km within the city? Don't get me wrong, I also just got an automatic creta and with it's good visibility and reasonably high seating I don't think this is a very useful gadget for a not so big car...
Old 17th November 2016, 13:05   #1418
BHPian

@yajaman99 Thanks for the detailed feedback.
Looks like full surround view based devices will take time to reach India. I feel this setup is also useful for Bangalore sort of traffic & congested parkings.
Old 18th November 2016, 14:54   #1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh17 View Post
After so much research, reading reviews and convincing my family members, I had booked a white Creta SX Diesel @Chandra Hyundai, Coimbatore on October 12. I ordered this car for my father, after selling his 5 year old Dzire VDi for 4.65 lakhs. Sales guy has promised to deliver the car by 11th November (4 weeks waiting time). I just can't wait to get the car .

There are few things that bothers me about the car, and I wanted to know if any of you guys have tried these mods
1. Is it possible to Swap stock non-adjustable center arm rest lid with the one from new Elantra which is adjustable (slides forward)?
2. Does the stock 5" AVN support reversing camera?
3. Is the luggage net is a standard accessory?
Quick update. Got my Creta SX white 1.6 CRDI MT delivered on 14th November Monday.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0011.jpg

To answer my own question no. 3 - Yes I got the luggage net. Sadly I didn't click a picture of it. But it is same as what others have posted on this forum.

To answer my own question no. 2 - My dealer (Chandra Hyundai, Coimbatore) offered to fit reverse camera for the stock 5" head unit for a price of Rs.10,000. The kit includes up module (rolls up windows and auto-folds the mirrors when car is locked via stock remote) and reverse parking camera. I wasn't going for this mod initially. Later I spent a day enquiring local shops about camera that can be fit to the 5" unit. Some of them wanted to look at the backside of the unit to ensure that a camera can be fit. But since it was a new car I didn't want to pull out the unit. Luckily RM car decors told that they can source the exact same kit (Brand Torque) and will fit it for Rs. 7,000. But my dad insisited to go with the dealer to avoid warranty hassles.

I could have got an IRVM with reverse camera fitted for much less price, but I didn't like them. I wanted to use the stock display. Dealer and the shop keeper told me that this new kit can be fitted only to 2016 models and the head unit does not take direct video input like other after market head units. Seems like there is a proprietary adapter that the head unit accepts for video input.

Had to go with the dealer finally, took two hours to fit the camera and up module. Since this was done inside the service area, I didn't bother to look at the installation. They had fitted the camera by drilling the rear bumper. The dealer guy did not mention that he will drill my bumper , I thought it would be like the stock camera which comes above the number plate. I should have ensured about this before giving them the car. When I saw the bumper was drilled I got furious, but the fitting was neat and tiny. But I still can't digest the fact that my bumper has been drilled permanently . He could have atleast drilled the black portion of the bumper, it would have blend in.

The up module rolls up the window and folds the mirror when locked. While unlocking it unfolds the mirror however, it does not roll down the windows like in VWs. It is not a deal breaker for me, as I usually park my car in shade and it doesn't get unbearably hot. Strange thing I noticed is that when I lock the car from sitting in the driver seat, the mirrors fold but windows don't roll up. But doing the same when standing outside the car, does roll up my window and folds the mirror. Will upload the video sometime soon.

Here is the pic of the camera drilled into my bumper. (Sorry for the poor quality, I was in a hurry as I had to travel the same night)
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0027.jpg

A short video of the reverese camera in action and the steering guide lines don't bend to steering action.

Last edited by dinesh17 : 18th November 2016 at 15:20.
dinesh17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 18:25   #1420
BHPian

I just Test Drove the Creta and the EcoSport back to back within a few minutes of each other. It is a no contest - everything about the Creta feels and looks more premium. The E plus lacks a few features which I would like. I assume it is easy to fit a rear view camera.
But
a. Is it possible to install a rear demister/defogger?
b. Is it possible to install a rear wiper?

The features missing include an auto A/C, Projector Headlamps, rear arm rest, rear charging port, Navigation, Rear Parcel Tray (which is laughable given that it probably costs them less than 500 INR) and a height adjustable driver seat. The Rear parcel tray and a GPS device can be installed without a fuss. None of the rest are particularly a deal breaker for me although I would have preferred a height adjustable driver seat.

But with the rains in Bombay - the rear demister/defogger are pretty important. The service advisor told me you can get it done for 3500 but it seemed too low to me and he didn't seem very confident. I had actually requested him to send the Verna for a TD - but he insisted on sending the Creta. I am kind of glad he did. Do enlighten me if you can.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 08:00   #1421
BHPian

Is there a way to stop the engine without stopping the ICE in a model which is equipped with button start

Also experts are requested to share details on my earlier post on list of basic default accessories provided with the car in a sx+ variant
Old 20th November 2016, 12:21   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Is there a way to stop the engine without stopping the ICE in a model which is equipped with button start
I don't know if you are referring to MT or AT variant. In my AT variant I can accomplish this by placing the gear box in Neutral and then pressing the Stop button. Hope this helps.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 23:00   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
I don't know if you are referring to MT or AT variant. In my AT variant I can accomplish this by placing the gear box in Neutral and then pressing the Stop button. Hope this helps.
I'ts a MT

Anyone of our members here who have a MT with button start, pls share your experience on this problem
Old 20th November 2016, 23:03   #1424
BHPian

A question to all Creta owners in Bangalore, I'll be in the market early next year for a Hyundai Creta, wanted your opinion on the different Hyundai dealerships in Bangalore. Advaith, Trident, Lakshmi, Pavan and Blue are the different Hyundai dealerships in Bangalore. Would be great if you could share your experiences with any of these dealers and provide valuable feedback on the same.
Old 20th November 2016, 23:33   #1425
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I just Test Drove the Creta and the EcoSport back to back within a few minutes of each other. It is a no contest - everything about the Creta feels and looks more premium. The E plus lacks a few features which I would like. I assume it is easy to fit a rear view camera.
But
a. Is it possible to install a rear demister/defogger?
b. Is it possible to install a rear wiper?

The features missing include an auto A/C, Projector Headlamps, rear arm rest, rear charging port, Navigation, Rear Parcel Tray (which is laughable given that it probably costs them less than 500 INR) and a height adjustable driver seat. The Rear parcel tray and a GPS device can be installed without a fuss. None of the rest are particularly a deal breaker for me although I would have preferred a height adjustable driver seat.

But with the rains in Bombay - the rear demister/defogger are pretty important. The service advisor told me you can get it done for 3500 but it seemed too low to me and he didn't seem very confident. I had actually requested him to send the Verna for a TD - but he insisted on sending the Creta. I am kind of glad he did. Do enlighten me if you can.
Whenever you buy a hatch batch or even a SUV, please always buy a version that offers rear defoggers along with rear wipers. This is a safety requirement, especially during rains.

IMHO, these cannot be fitted outside and even if one does have it done, it will not be as good as the OE.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed